Bravo, Charles Barkley

You are right.

I searched the following websites and amazingly not one has reported his comments:
NY Times
ABC News
NBC News
CBS News

Very sad.

Yep.

Yet if he had claimed he had been wronged by a white person, it would be all over the place.

The Left doesn't want improvement; they like things just the way they are.

Why are you such an asshole? You have an agenda Mac...it is perfectly clear to everyone but you...

Here we go again.

If my politics are too complicated for you, too bad.

And once again, you deflect by making this personal, about me.

Look in the mirror when you're calling names. For a change.

You still haven't addressed Barkley's comments "and it is perfectly clear to everyone but you".

That's right 'here we go again'. Your politics are very simple for all to see...you are a LIAR.

You claim that your political beliefs are close to Gandhi, yet ALL you do is attack liberals. At least liberals have made an effort to address social problems. Conservatives have ONE answer for all social problem; profile, arrest and incarcerate.

Attacking liberals and liberalism is perfectly acceptable, since they control the government and the culture. Their policies have caused terrible harm to the nation.

While I am not a conservative, your criticism of them is unhinged and unfounded. What policies have cons enacted or demanded which have caused you to reach your conclusion?

“Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not. Reagan was an ideological inflection point, ending a 50-year liberal ascendancy and beginning a 30-year conservative ascendancy."
Charles Krauthammer

WHAT??? Liberals haven't controlled government or culture since the late 1960's.

I've been around since Harry Truman was President, so I lived through a good portion of the liberal era that started with the New Deal and ended with the Great Society. It was America's finest moment. It was an era with huge economic growth and shared wealth, fantastic successes in technology, vast expansion of citizen freedoms and liberties and the growth of a middle class that defined this country and made America the 'city on the hill', the envy of the world.

That era ended at the end of the 1960's and the conservative era began. It has continued ever since. It has been a negative mirror image of the liberal era. We now lead the world only in the dubious like incarcerating human beings, killing innocent people and launching Hirohito sneak attacks on sovereign nations.

Here is what a REAL nanny state looks like...

Who leads the world in 'gulags'? Cuba, USSR, China, North Korea, Burma, Venezuela, Iran, Russia???

NO...

We're is NUMBER ONE!

Conservatives built the BIGGEST Nanny State in the history of the world...

britannica_prison-523x360.jpg

US_incarceration_timeline.gif
Incarceration_rates_worldwide.gif

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government."
Thomas Jefferson to the Republican Citizens of Washington County, Maryland" (March 31, 1809)

^^^disputing the fact that liberalism has ruled America for decades, is utter ignorance.

Citing Reagan is terribly uninformed. Reagan grew the size and power of government, just as all presidents have done since Coolidge.

Did Reagan eliminate social programs?

Thinking cons are solely responsible for incarceration rates and the nanny state, is illogical bordering on psychotic.

If we had more black kids emulating this guy

ndgt.jpg

instead of this

50-cent.jpg

we wouldn't be having this conversation.

^^^disputing the fact that liberalism has ruled America for decades, is utter ignorance.

Citing Reagan is terribly uninformed. Reagan grew the size and power of government, just as all presidents have done since Coolidge.

Did Reagan eliminate social programs?

Thinking cons are solely responsible for incarceration rates and the nanny state, is illogical bordering on psychotic.

Do you live on earth?

America s big shift right - CSMonitor.com

ndgt.jpg

instead of this

50-cent.jpg

You must not understand human nature. In order to inspire confidence you need to appeal to people. Personally 50 cent has more appeal because those in the hood can relate to him. HIs work ethic is legendary. In all phases of business. He is even an author. You dont get on Forbes by not being an example of success. Many Black kids would do well to emulate him.

50 Cent s Net Worth 140 Million in 2014 - Forbes

Name:
Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson

Estimated Net Worth:
$140 million

Source:
Music, Beverages, Technology, Clothing

Summary:
One of the most successful rappers of the past decade, 50 actually owes most of his fortune to his $100 million haul from the sale of VitaminWater in 2007. Now he’s trying to recapture that magic with companies like SMS Audio and SK Energy. In the meantime, he’ll reboot his music career by taking his G-Unit Records independent and releasing new album Animal Ambition.

The 50th Law by 50 Cent Reviews Discussion Bookclubs Lists

Last edited:

ndgt.jpg

instead of this

50-cent.jpg

Personally 50 cent has more appeal because those in the hood can relate to him. HIs work ethic is legendary. In all phases of business. He is even an author. You dont get on Forbes by not being an example of success. Many Black kids would do well to emulate him.

Name:
Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson

Estimated Net Worth:
$140 million

Source:

Summary:
One of the most successful rappers of the past decade, 50 actually owes most of his fortune to his $100 million haul from the sale of VitaminWater in 2007. Now he’s trying to recapture that magic with companies like SMS Audio and SK Energy. In the meantime, he’ll reboot his music career by taking his G-Unit Records independent and releasing new album Animal Ambition.

Emulating 50's business success rather than his street life I would agree with that.

ndgt.jpg

instead of this

50-cent.jpg

Agreed...and it is liberals who are demonized and hated who have tried to accomplish that...

"Evil" leftists like Reverend Jeremiah Wright, who started a mentoring program at Trinity Church that puts black youth in connection with black lawyers, doctors, and other professionals, and his church has awarded one and a half million dollars worth of scholarships to students.

"Evil" leftists like Matilda Raffa Cuomo...founder of Mentoring USA

mc_013013_hires.jpg

ndgt.jpg

instead of this

50-cent.jpg

Personally 50 cent has more appeal because those in the hood can relate to him. HIs work ethic is legendary. In all phases of business. He is even an author. You dont get on Forbes by not being an example of success. Many Black kids would do well to emulate him.

Name:
Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson

Estimated Net Worth:
$140 million

Source:

Summary:

Emulating 50's business success rather than his street life I would agree with that.

I firmly believe people should stop admiring the person and instead admire their exceptional or humanitarian deeds. That way you dont get sidetracked into discounting success. Ghandi for example was a racist and is hated by the Dalits in India. They refuse to address him as mahatma which is term of respect meaning great soul for that reason. He still was able to peacefully gain control of India.

I haven't seen Barkley's comments anywhere else, even though they're on tape.

So this will just be ignored, of course, like everything else.

As expected.

Don't wanna anger a key voting constituency.

Priorities are priorities, after all.

You are right.

I searched the following websites and amazingly not one has reported his comments:
NY Times
ABC News
NBC News
CBS News

Very sad.

Yep.

Yet if he had claimed he had been wronged by a white person, it would be all over the place.

Why are you such an asshole? You have an agenda Mac...it is perfectly clear to everyone but you...

Here we go again.

You still haven't addressed Barkley's comments "and it is perfectly clear to everyone but you".

That's right 'here we go again'. Your politics are very simple for all to see...you are a LIAR.

You claim that your political beliefs are close to Gandhi, yet ALL you do is attack liberals. At least liberals have made an effort to address social problems. Conservatives have ONE answer for all social problem; profile, arrest and incarcerate.

Amazing how you have "missed" my comments regarding foreign policy, war, gay rights, unions, personal income taxation, health care and abortion.

My SPECIFIC, INDEPENDENT ideas/plans on what to do about personal income taxation, unions and health care.

And you call ME a liar. You're either a liar or you're too paralyzed by your partisan ideology to see the obvious.

No surprise that you're still refusing to comment on what Barkley said. Here, I'll do it for you, the standard approach of all good little, obedient partisan ideologues like you:

"Er, Barkley is entitled to his opinions. Now I'm gonna try to change the subject."

I know the games you people play, and you don't like that. Tough shit.

You are right.

NY Times
ABC News
NBC News
CBS News

Very sad.

Yep.

Here we go again.

Amazing how you have "missed" my comments regarding foreign policy, war, gay rights, unions, personal income taxation, health care and abortion.

My SPECIFIC, INDEPENDENT ideas/plans on what to do about personal income taxation, unions and health care.

And you call ME a liar. You're either a liar or you're too paralyzed by your partisan ideology to see the obvious.

No surprise that you're still refusing to comment on what Barkley said. Here, I'll do it for you, the standard approach of all good little, obedient partisan ideologues like you:

"Er, Barkley is entitled to his opinions. Now I'm gonna try to change the subject."

NEWS FLASH, this is not about YOU. You keep dragging out the same "you have "missed" my comments regarding...blah blah blah crap, all the while attacking the left on every thread.

I believe Barkley speaks the truth. THAT should not be the issue. The issue SHOULD be, WHAT are we doing about it. "Evil" leftist like Jeremiah Wright and Matilda Raffa Cuomo are doing something about it. Just like "Evil" leftists like Sargent Shriver did something about it when he shaped the War on Poverty. The 'War on Poverty' was called the Office of Economic Opportunity. The core principles were opportunity, responsibility, community and empowerment. The program's goal was maximum feasible participation. One of the concepts of empowerment was poor people had a right to one-third of the seats on every local poverty program board. It was a community based program that focused on education as the keys to the city. Programs such as VISTA, Job Corps, Community Action Program, and Head Start were created to increase opportunity for the poor so they could pull themselves out of poverty with a hand UP, not a hand out.

Yep.

Here we go again.

NEWS FLASH, this is not about YOU. You keep dragging out the same "you have "missed" my comments regarding...blah blah blah crap, all the while attacking the left on every thread.

I believe Barkley speaks the truth. THAT should not be the issue. The issue SHOULD be, WHAT are we doing about it. "Evil" leftist like Jeremiah Wright and Matilda Raffa Cuomo are doing something about it. Just like "Evil" leftists like Sargent Shriver did something about it when he shaped the War on Poverty. The 'War on Poverty' was called the Office of Economic Opportunity. The core principles were opportunity, responsibility, community and empowerment. The program's goal was maximum feasible participation. One of the concepts of empowerment was poor people had a right to one-third of the seats on every local poverty program board. It was a community based program that focused on education as the keys to the city. Programs such as VISTA, Job Corps, Community Action Program, and Head Start were created to increase opportunity for the poor so they could pull themselves out of poverty with a hand UP, not a hand out.

NEWS FLASH: You made it about me when you were trying to deflect. What the hell is wrong with you? Read your own freakin' posts.

And Barkley's truth is the issue of this thread, as much as you don't want it to be. You're afraid to hold Black Americans responsible for anything, so you launch into your speech about they need the government to "empower" them. The opposite of what Barkley said. He's not afraid to say it, but you are.

Play your silly games with someone else, thanks.

Last edited:

No doubt Barkley will no longer be a friend of the PC Police for this one, where he NAILS it:

While appearing on “Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis,” Barkley was asked about a rumor that Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was getting criticism from his black teammates for not being, quote, “black enough.”

Barkley went on a long monologue on the subject: ”Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.”

Barkley said that young black men who do well in school are accused of “acting white” by their peers. “One of the reasons we’re never going to be successful as a whole, because of other black people. And for some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. And it’s a dirty, dark secret.”

“There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don’t have success,” he continued. “It’s best to knock a successful black person down because they’re intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school, and they’re successful…”

“We’re the only ethnic group who say, ‘Hey, if you go to jail, it gives you street cred.’ It’s just typical BS that goes on when you’re black, man.”

Bravo, Sir Charles. Black Americans need much more of this, and less of the PC bullshit that has caused them so much damage for so long.

Charles Barkley Blacks Brainwashed To Keep Black Men Down The Daily Caller

He's absolutely right. And kudos to Charles for criticising it!

That's why Applesauce and I were exchanging posts

I'm not Black enough in his estimation.

And Gummo's.

:D
I called you Uncle Ruckus because you act like one. Has nothing to do with being Black enough. You cant hide from that no matter what you do. Its when you denigrate Black people to make yourself more acceptable to other whites, especially the the racist honkies on this board, that makes me laugh at you.

And this, in a nutshell is a prime example of the issue. The problem is Asclepias doesn't even get it.

No doubt Barkley will no longer be a friend of the PC Police for this one, where he NAILS it:

While appearing on “Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis,” Barkley was asked about a rumor that Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was getting criticism from his black teammates for not being, quote, “black enough.”

Barkley went on a long monologue on the subject: ”Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.”

Barkley said that young black men who do well in school are accused of “acting white” by their peers. “One of the reasons we’re never going to be successful as a whole, because of other black people. And for some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. And it’s a dirty, dark secret.”

“There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don’t have success,” he continued. “It’s best to knock a successful black person down because they’re intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school, and they’re successful…”

“We’re the only ethnic group who say, ‘Hey, if you go to jail, it gives you street cred.’ It’s just typical BS that goes on when you’re black, man.”

Bravo, Sir Charles. Black Americans need much more of this, and less of the PC bullshit that has caused them so much damage for so long.

Charles Barkley Blacks Brainwashed To Keep Black Men Down The Daily Caller

He's absolutely right. And kudos to Charles for criticising it!

That's why Applesauce and I were exchanging posts

I'm not Black enough in his estimation.

And Gummo's.

:D
I called you Uncle Ruckus because you act like one. Has nothing to do with being Black enough. You cant hide from that no matter what you do. Its when you denigrate Black people to make yourself more acceptable to other whites, especially the the racist honkies on this board, that makes me laugh at you.

And this, in a nutshell is a prime example of the issue. The problem is Asclepias doesn't even get it.
What is it I dont get oh great white man? :laugh:

Here we go again.

NEWS FLASH: You made it about me when you were trying to deflect. What the hell is wrong with you? Read your own freakin' posts.

And Barkley's truth is the issue of this thread, as much as you don't want it to be. You're afraid to hold Black Americans responsible for anything, so you launch into your speech about they need the government to "empower" them. The opposite of what Barkley said. He's not afraid to say it, but you are.

Play your silly games with someone else, thanks.

No Mac, you clearly made it about bashing the left from the first sentence of the OP. READ your own posts that you put up BEFORE I even commented. I don't have a problem with what Barkley said, as much as you NEED it to be true to justify your ignorant rant against the left.

Jeremiah Wright's mentoring program and Matilda Cuomo's Mentoring USA are not government programs. And Sargent Shriver's Office of Economic Opportunity core principles were opportunity, responsibility, community and empowerment. But the right who CLAIM they support personal responsibility, REALLY mean 'you're on your own' and we will be there to profile, arrest and incarcerate you folks. And waste taxpayer money to the tune of $35,000 to $60,000 per year to profile, arrest and incarcerate EACH individual.

This is stupid AF, Charles Barkley not surprisingly has a habit of criticizing back people about the obvious, every black person I know, including myself believes going to school and getting good gades and not using foul language is the right thing. Most black people know its the right thing and have been doing it, what prompted his fat jellyroll, retarded self to say this I don't know, but its typical for Barkley to run his mouth.

10/27/14
CNN) -- Charles Barkley hasn't met a sensitive topic he couldn't dig into, and now he's speaking on what he calls a "dirty, dark secret" in the African-American community.

During an interview with a Philadelphia radio station, Barkley expounded on claims that Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson wasn't liked by some of his teammates in part because he wasn't considered to be "black enough."
Barkley said he wasn't at all surprised.
"There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don't have success,"
Barkley said. "It's best to knock a successful black person down 'cause they're intelligent,
they speak well, they do well in school, and they're successful. It's crabs in a barrel. ...

We're the only ethnic group that says, 'hey, if you go to jail, it gives you street cred.' "

The concept of "crabs in a barrel" isn't new, and it's universal. If you've ever seen a bucket of crabs at the market, the ones at the bottom will try to pull down the crabs that are closer to the top.

Charles Barkley Brainwashed blacks hold up success - CNN.com

In discussing this with a white person who supposedly lived in a majority black dorm in college (which qualifies him for all his "expertise") he had disdain for Barkley's (he's black by the way) comments.
So obviously this white person didn't find the irony of his attitude, i.e. HE WAS IN a majority black dorm in college!
And this is the crux of the problem.
The majority of whites like this person with their elitist attitude think they know blacks better and
excuse blacks because blacks were oppressed and reason for oppression "BAD WHITE SLAVE" owners.
Those blacks trying to be successful are accused of being "whitey". "Uncle Tom".. Look at the blacks attitude about Dr. Ben Carson a black pediatric neurosurgeon. They call him an "Uncle Tom" and look at Carson as a "traitor" for getting an education in the white man's world!

And there will be plenty of Barkley critics on this board...MOSTLY ignorant whites who by their political elitists attitude want to keep blacks back by offering as much government aid possible. Obama has started ‘My Brother’s Keeper’ which Helping more of our young people stay on track.My Brother s Keeper The White House

I love Barkley because he tells it as he perceives it and screw what other people think of him. While I disagree with some of his statements I whole heartedly support the notion of white people minding their own problems and business because there is not much a white person can do for me but get out of my way.

AND give you preferences in hiring, school admissions, etc.? Sorry, you can't have it both ways.
White people arent in charge of that. Didnt you know everyone gets to vote?

Undermines your oppression thesis, don't you think?

I'm starting to like Charles Barkley. He's blunt and direct, it seems.

Should look into others things he's had to say in the past.

Forum List

Back