Bravo, Charles Barkley

I haven't seen Barkley's comments anywhere else, even though they're on tape.

So this will just be ignored, of course, like everything else.

As expected.

Don't wanna anger a key voting constituency.

Priorities are priorities, after all.

Last edited:

As expected.

You are right.

I searched the following websites and amazingly not one has reported his comments:
NY Times
ABC News
NBC News
CBS News

Very sad.

I love Barkley because he tells it as he perceives it and screw what other people think of him. While I disagree with some of his statements I whole heartedly support the notion of white people minding their own problems and business because there is not much a white person can do for me but get out of my way.

No doubt Barkley will no longer be a friend of the PC Police for this one, where he NAILS it:

While appearing on “Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis,” Barkley was asked about a rumor that Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was getting criticism from his black teammates for not being, quote, “black enough.”

Barkley went on a long monologue on the subject: ”Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.”

Barkley said that young black men who do well in school are accused of “acting white” by their peers. “One of the reasons we’re never going to be successful as a whole, because of other black people. And for some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. And it’s a dirty, dark secret.”

“There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don’t have success,” he continued. “It’s best to knock a successful black person down because they’re intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school, and they’re successful…”

“We’re the only ethnic group who say, ‘Hey, if you go to jail, it gives you street cred.’ It’s just typical BS that goes on when you’re black, man.”

Bravo, Sir Charles. Black Americans need much more of this, and less of the PC bullshit that has caused them so much damage for so long.

Charles Barkley Blacks Brainwashed To Keep Black Men Down The Daily Caller

He's absolutely right. And kudos to Charles for criticising it!

That's why Applesauce and I were exchanging posts

I'm not Black enough in his estimation.

And Gummo's.

:D
I called you Uncle Ruckus because you act like one. Has nothing to do with being Black enough. You cant hide from that no matter what you do. Its when you denigrate Black people to make yourself more acceptable to other whites, especially the the racist honkies on this board, that makes me laugh at you.

I love Barkley because he tells it as he perceives it and screw what other people think of him. While I disagree with some of his statements I whole heartedly support the notion of white people minding their own problems and business because there is not much a white person can do for me but get out of my way.

AND give you preferences in hiring, school admissions, etc.? Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

AND give you preferences in hiring, school admissions, etc.? Sorry, you can't have it both ways.
White people arent in charge of that. Didnt you know everyone gets to vote?

No doubt Barkley will no longer be a friend of the PC Police for this one, where he NAILS it:

While appearing on “Afternoons with Anthony Gargano and Rob Ellis,” Barkley was asked about a rumor that Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson was getting criticism from his black teammates for not being, quote, “black enough.”

Barkley went on a long monologue on the subject: ”Unfortunately, as I tell my white friends, we as black people, we’re never going to be successful, not because of you white people, but because of other black people. When you’re black, you have to deal with so much crap in your life from other black people. It’s a dirty, dark secret; I’m glad it’s coming out.”

Barkley said that young black men who do well in school are accused of “acting white” by their peers. “One of the reasons we’re never going to be successful as a whole, because of other black people. And for some reason we are brainwashed to think, if you’re not a thug or an idiot, you’re not black enough. If you go to school, make good grades, speak intelligent, and don’t break the law, you’re not a good black person. And it’s a dirty, dark secret.”

“There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don’t have success,” he continued. “It’s best to knock a successful black person down because they’re intelligent, they speak well, they do well in school, and they’re successful…”

“We’re the only ethnic group who say, ‘Hey, if you go to jail, it gives you street cred.’ It’s just typical BS that goes on when you’re black, man.”

Bravo, Sir Charles. Black Americans need much more of this, and less of the PC bullshit that has caused them so much damage for so long.

And Gummo's.

I called you Uncle Ruckus because you act like one. Has nothing to do with being Black enough. You cant hide from that no matter what you do. Its when you denigrate Black people to make yourself more acceptable to other whites, especially the the racist honkies on this board, that makes me laugh at you.

And your perception isn't somehow skewed or off in this regard, huh?

And Gummo's.

I wasn't aware of this.

Please call it to my attention if you see me do it again, okay?

How is "whitey" impeding your personal progress down the path of life?

As a teacher retired from black schools, I have always wondered about this POV.

It will be interesting to see if the Left turns on Barkley...they tend to be extremely intolerant.

More likely they'll pretend he never said it.

When cornered, they'll just deflect.

And you right wingers (PLEASE don't try to deflect that FACT again) will pretend Obama never said THIS:

Father's day 2008

Of all the rocks upon which we build our lives, we are reminded today that family is the most important. And we are called to recognize and honor how critical every father is to that foundation. They are teachers and coaches. They are mentors and role models. They are examples of success and the men who constantly push us toward it.

But if we are honest with ourselves, we'll admit that what too many fathers also are is missing - missing from too many lives and too many homes. They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our families are weaker because of it.

You and I know how true this is in the African-American community. We know that more than half of all black children live in single-parent households, a number that has doubled - doubled - since we were children. We know the statistics - that children who grow up without a father are five times more likely to live in poverty and commit crime; nine times more likely to drop out of schools and twenty times more likely to end up in prison. They are more likely to have behavioral problems, or run away from home, or become teenage parents themselves. And the foundations of our community are weaker because of it.

How many times in the last year has this city lost a child at the hands of another child? How many times have our hearts stopped in the middle of the night with the sound of a gunshot or a siren? How many teenagers have we seen hanging around on street corners when they should be sitting in a classroom? How many are sitting in prison when they should be working, or at least looking for a job? How many in this generation are we willing to lose to poverty or violence or addiction? How many?

Yes, we need more cops on the street. Yes, we need fewer guns in the hands of people who shouldn't have them. Yes, we need more money for our schools, and more outstanding teachers in the classroom, and more afterschool programs for our children. Yes, we need more jobs and more job training and more opportunity in our communities.

But we also need families to raise our children. We need fathers to realize that responsibility does not end at conception. We need them to realize that what makes you a man is not the ability to have a child - it's the courage to raise one.

Yet he still eats from the poisoned tree. He still enjoys the cover it provides when the bright hot rays of the sun are at their hottest.

He is a two faced, lying manipulative con man.

And you are riding 'bitch'.

Idioms
sit /ride bitch, to sit uncomfortably between two others in the middle of the front or back seat of a car, particularly one with a raised section in the middle resulting in being forced to bring one's knees up in a bent position:

When I was young, I was the smallest, so I was always stuck sitting bitch. Please don't make me ride bitch again!
Bitch Define Bitch at Dictionary.com

How is "whitey" impeding your personal progress down the path of life?

As a teacher retired from black schools, I have always wondered about this POV.
I dont know anyone named whitey. If I did he couldnt stop me if his life depended on it.

As expected.

The interview was on a local sports radio show.

As expected.

I like Charles. He is fair and holds his community accountable.

As expected.

You are right.

I searched the following websites and amazingly not one has reported his comments:
NY Times
ABC News
NBC News
CBS News

Very sad.

Yep.

Yet if he had claimed he had been wronged by a white person, it would be all over the place.

The Left doesn't want improvement; they like things just the way they are.

As expected.

You are right.

NY Times
ABC News
NBC News
CBS News

Very sad.

Yep.

Yet if he had claimed he had been wronged by a white person, it would be all over the place.

Why are you such an asshole? You have an agenda Mac...it is perfectly clear to everyone but you...

As expected.

You are right.

NY Times
ABC News
NBC News
CBS News

Very sad.

Yep.

Why are you such an asshole? You have an agenda Mac...it is perfectly clear to everyone but you...

Here we go again.

If my politics are too complicated for you, too bad.

And once again, you deflect by making this personal, about me.

Look in the mirror when you're calling names. For a change.

You still haven't addressed Barkley's comments "and it is perfectly clear to everyone but you".

As expected.

You are right.

NY Times
ABC News
NBC News
CBS News

Very sad.

Yep.

Here we go again.

You still haven't addressed Barkley's comments "and it is perfectly clear to everyone but you".

That's right 'here we go again'. Your politics are very simple for all to see...you are a LIAR.

You claim that your political beliefs are close to Gandhi, yet ALL you do is attack liberals. At least liberals have made an effort to address social problems. Conservatives have ONE answer for all social problem; profile, arrest and incarcerate.

I know Charles personally and he's one of the most down to earth straight up guys you'll ever meet.
And a whole lotta fun to drink beer with.:alcoholic:

Especially when he starts to throw circus midgets out the bar window

-Geaux

As expected.

You are right.

NY Times
ABC News
NBC News
CBS News

Very sad.

Yep.

Here we go again.

That's right 'here we go again'. Your politics are very simple for all to see...you are a LIAR.

You claim that your political beliefs are close to Gandhi, yet ALL you do is attack liberals. At least liberals have made an effort to address social problems. Conservatives have ONE answer for all social problem; profile, arrest and incarcerate.

Attacking liberals and liberalism is perfectly acceptable, since they control the government and the culture. Their policies have caused terrible harm to the nation.

While I am not a conservative, your criticism of them is unhinged and unfounded. What policies have cons enacted or demanded which have caused you to reach your conclusion?

Forum List

Back