Bravo, Charles Barkley

This is stupid AF, Charles Barkley not surprisingly has a habit of criticizing back people about the obvious, every black person I know, including myself believes going to school and getting good gades and not using foul language is the right thing. Most black people know its the right thing and have been doing it, what prompted his fat jellyroll, retarded self to say this I don't know, but its typical for Barkley to run his mouth.

You can't possibly be as stupid as your post.

Coincidently, every black person this white person knows also agree that going to school and getting good grades and not using foul language is the right thing, but those are obviously not the blacks Barkley is referring to. He's talking about the millions of blacks that don't now or didn't in the past take school seriously, can't even speak English, and think walking around looking like jailhouse thugs is cool.

Any black person who doesn't acknowledge a huge segment of their community is guilty of exactly what Barkley accused them of is a complete fool. So welcome to the club.

Proof this exists is in Obama speech patterns...
Early on, observers noted Obama’s Ebonic lapses when speaking to black audiences and saw in them a sly attempt to pander to African-American voters. But they had it precisely backward: to black audiences, his ability to speak in pulpit inflections one moment and concave Midwestern tones the next made him seem more black, not less. We saw him as no different than any African-American lawyer who speaks black English at home and another, entirely more formal language, in his professional environment.

Barack X - The New Yorker

It is sad that the elegance and efficiency of "white English" has to be dumbed down for "black English" users.
Most Ebonic sentences are basically shortened words "lazy" word use .."bro" instead of "brother".
I am a proponent though of efficient "English" and in same cases while "bro" might be quicker then "brother".. the implication
of "laziness" is not worth it to me to use the term.

Barkley made too broad and general a statement. SOME black folks feel that way.

But what is HE doing about it?

And that goes right along with this...
Chicago Activists Unchained - Destroy Black Liberal Leadership RebelPundit

“We’re always talking about what the Republican’s ain’t done for us, but my life has been hurt by democrats,” Watkins says, “this lot where I stand right now, Ida B. Wells, where public housing residents used to live at, most of the people are homeless living in the street, it’s because of you Mr. President.

“They (black leaders) forced us into a life of welfare, we don’t welfare,” Carter explains, “we want opportunities to go to work, we want opportunities to own businesses.”

Carter says the strategy behind the president’s focus on raising minimum wage is because, “he (the president) knows this is a way to get a lot of the poor peoples attention, but, to hell with your minimum raise wage, we don’t have any jobs, minimum wage raise for what?”

“Everywhere you go, there is poverty in black areas.” Ward says, “It’s the same way in every black community across the country….How can the same process happen over and over again, and can’t nobody do nothing about it?”

I love Barkley because he tells it as he perceives it and screw what other people think of him. While I disagree with some of his statements I whole heartedly support the notion of white people minding their own problems and business because there is not much a white person can do for me but get out of my way.

AND give you preferences in hiring, school admissions, etc.? Sorry, you can't have it both ways.
White people arent in charge of that. Didnt you know everyone gets to vote?

Undermines your oppression thesis, don't you think?
Thats only if you misunderstand what my oppression thesis is. It appears you do.

I love Barkley because he tells it as he perceives it and screw what other people think of him. While I disagree with some of his statements I whole heartedly support the notion of white people minding their own problems and business because there is not much a white person can do for me but get out of my way.

AND give you preferences in hiring, school admissions, etc.? Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

Thats only if you misunderstand what my oppression thesis is. It appears you do.
No one cares what your "oppression thesis" is. We think your thesis is horse shit.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Barkley made too broad and general a statement. SOME black folks feel that way.

But what is HE doing about it?

There's not much he can do besides give voice.

Can't go around pulling pants up, etc.

No one cares what your "oppression thesis" is. We think your thesis is horse shit.
Monkeys dont really think. They just get lucky while pounding on the keyboard. Good job monkey.

10/27/14
CNN) -- Charles Barkley hasn't met a sensitive topic he couldn't dig into, and now he's speaking on what he calls a "dirty, dark secret" in the African-American community.

During an interview with a Philadelphia radio station, Barkley expounded on claims that Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson wasn't liked by some of his teammates in part because he wasn't considered to be "black enough."
Barkley said he wasn't at all surprised.
"There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don't have success,"
Barkley said. "It's best to knock a successful black person down 'cause they're intelligent,
they speak well, they do well in school, and they're successful. It's crabs in a barrel. ...

We're the only ethnic group that says, 'hey, if you go to jail, it gives you street cred.' "

The concept of "crabs in a barrel" isn't new, and it's universal. If you've ever seen a bucket of crabs at the market, the ones at the bottom will try to pull down the crabs that are closer to the top.

Charles Barkley Brainwashed blacks hold up success - CNN.com

In discussing this with a white person who supposedly lived in a majority black dorm in college (which qualifies him for all his "expertise") he had disdain for Barkley's (he's black by the way) comments.
So obviously this white person didn't find the irony of his attitude, i.e. HE WAS IN a majority black dorm in college!
And this is the crux of the problem.
The majority of whites like this person with their elitist attitude think they know blacks better and
excuse blacks because blacks were oppressed and reason for oppression "BAD WHITE SLAVE" owners.
Those blacks trying to be successful are accused of being "whitey". "Uncle Tom".. Look at the blacks attitude about Dr. Ben Carson a black pediatric neurosurgeon. They call him an "Uncle Tom" and look at Carson as a "traitor" for getting an education in the white man's world!

Carson is not called a traitor or uncle tom 'because he got an education in the white man's world. If he is called those names at all it is because he has aligned himself with the Republicans. The Republican Party poses a perceivable threat to black people.. Yes ,I said that because of what is occurring within the ranks of the Republican party The KKK the Nazi Party and every other white racist hate group has set up shop under the auspices of the GOP.if Carson is aware of that, which I'm sure he is, I have to question his integrity as a black man.

10/27/14
CNN) -- Charles Barkley hasn't met a sensitive topic he couldn't dig into, and now he's speaking on what he calls a "dirty, dark secret" in the African-American community.

During an interview with a Philadelphia radio station, Barkley expounded on claims that Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson wasn't liked by some of his teammates in part because he wasn't considered to be "black enough."
"There are a lot of black people who are unintelligent, who don't have success,"
Barkley said. "It's best to knock a successful black person down 'cause they're intelligent,
they speak well, they do well in school, and they're successful. It's crabs in a barrel. ...

We're the only ethnic group that says, 'hey, if you go to jail, it gives you street cred.' "

The concept of "crabs in a barrel" isn't new, and it's universal. If you've ever seen a bucket of crabs at the market, the ones at the bottom will try to pull down the crabs that are closer to the top.

In discussing this with a white person who supposedly lived in a majority black dorm in college (which qualifies him for all his "expertise") he had disdain for Barkley's (he's black by the way) comments.
So obviously this white person didn't find the irony of his attitude, i.e. HE WAS IN a majority black dorm in college!
The majority of whites like this person with their elitist attitude think they know blacks better and
excuse blacks because blacks were oppressed and reason for oppression "BAD WHITE SLAVE" owners.
Those blacks trying to be successful are accused of being "whitey". "Uncle Tom".. Look at the blacks attitude about Dr. Ben Carson a black pediatric neurosurgeon. They call him an "Uncle Tom" and look at Carson as a "traitor" for getting an education in the white man's world!

Carson is not called a traitor or uncle tom 'because he got an education in the white man's world. If he is called those names at all it is because he has aligned himself with the Republicans. The Republican Party poses a perceivable threat to black people.. Yes ,I said that because of what is occurring within the ranks of the Republican party The KKK the Nazi Party and every other white racist hate group has set up shop under the auspices of the GOP.if Carson is aware of that, which I'm sure he is, I have to question his integrity as a black man.

Indeed. Barkley should check himself on that comment. Based on that reasoning the current POTUS also got an education in the so called "white mans world", and it certainly has not earned him one iota of respect or even partial compromise from the GOP.

Proof this exists is in Obama speech patterns...
Early on, observers noted Obama’s Ebonic lapses when speaking to black audiences and saw in them a sly attempt to pander to African-American voters. But they had it precisely backward: to black audiences, his ability to speak in pulpit inflections one moment and concave Midwestern tones the next made him seem more black, not less. We saw him as no different than any African-American lawyer who speaks black English at home and another, entirely more formal language, in his professional environment.

Barack X - The New Yorker

It is sad that the elegance and efficiency of "white English" has to be dumbed down for "black English" users.
Most Ebonic sentences are basically shortened words "lazy" word use .."bro" instead of "brother".
I am a proponent though of efficient "English" and in same cases while "bro" might be quicker then "brother".. the implication
of "laziness" is not worth it to me to use the term.
No one cares what you are a proponent of. Calling Ebonics dumbed down is pretty funny considering you probably would have a hard time learning it. People speak to communicate and not to please you. One of the funniest things I have experienced is when white people think they can tell people how to use the English language. I speak whatever way necessary to get my point across. If my audience is more comfortable with "correct" english then thats what I use. If I am speaking to people that feel more comfortable using the dialect of Ebonics then thats what I do. How a white person wants me to speak to another Black person doesnt merit any consideration in my world.

10/27/14

Indeed. Barkley should check himself on that comment. Based on that reasoning the current POTUS also got an education in the so called "white mans world", and it certainly has not earned him one iota of respect or even partial compromise from the GOP.
I agree that Barkley used too broad a brush. What I have consistently found is that when you are called a sellout, Tom, or any other name related to non-Blackness its due to 2 things. The person making the remark is envious of your success or you are displaying behavior geared to please white people. The people that are envious are a small minority and usually operate on first impressions. The people that tailor their actions and speech to please white people have to be the saddest people I know. Whites that hate Black people will still hate you regardless of your success or enunciation

10/27/14

I agree that Barkley used too broad a brush. What I have consistently found is that when you are called a sellout, Tom, or any other name related to non-Blackness its due to 2 things. The person making the remark is envious of your success or you are displaying behavior geared to please white people. The people that are envious are a small minority and usually operate on first impressions. The people that tailor their actions and speech to please white people have to be the saddest people I know. Whites that hate Black people will still hate you regardless of your success or enunciation

Barkley uses too broad a brush when talking about Black people, but it's perfectly legitimate for you to continually make broad generalizations about White people?

10/27/14

Barkley uses too broad a brush when talking about Black people, but it's perfectly legitimate for you to continually make broad generalizations about White people?
Thats correct. If you have a question about my generality all you need to do is ask. I dont have the same public exposure as Barkley does. When you make statements that are going to reach a mass audience you have to think carefully about what you are saying. You have to be specific in your words.

10/27/14

Thats correct. If you have a question about my generality all you need to do is ask. I dont have the same public exposure as Barkley does. When you make statements that are going to reach a mass audience you have to think carefully about what you are saying. You have to be specific in your words.

YOU ARE 100% correct! The LARGER the audience the more aware of how WORDs have an affect.
What about these words used by "smart" people who should be aware of their "audience"...so shouldn't they too be circumspect
in what they say i.e. using too broad a brush???

Remember your phrase.. "Broad brush".........and remember the audience........
Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D)"Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

10/27/14

I am quite specific in my wording, which seldom requires clarification. You, on the other hand, apparently felt a need to walk back your "broad brush" comment about Barkley, now claiming that you were only commenting on his public exposure rather than the content of what he said.

I am quite specific in my wording, which seldom requires clarification. You, on the other hand, apparently felt a need to walk back your "broad brush" comment about Barkley, now claiming that you were only commenting on his public exposure rather than the content of what he said.
You're imaging things as you have a wont to do. I'm not walking anything back nor did I say anything about your wording. In summary, I simply said me not being specific is not newsworthy or cause for masses of people to get offended. Barkley, as a public figure, is subject to masses of people being offended due to his lack of specificity.

You're imaging things as you have a wont to do. I'm not walking anything back nor did I say anything about your wording. In summary, I simply said me not being specific is not newsworthy or cause for masses of people to get offended. Barkley, as a public figure, is subject to masses of people being offended due to his lack of specificity.

"Wont" is an adjective, not a noun. "You have to be specific in your words."

"Wont" is an adjective, not a noun. "You have to be specific in your words."

You are mistaken as you have the wont to do. Wont is also a noun and a verb. The fact you have suddenly turned into a sub par grammar nazi lets me know you have resorted to your supply of puerile comments to cover your embarrassment.

Wont - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

3wont
noun
: a usual habit or way of behaving

Last edited:
My wife said other blacks are like crabs trying to pull successful blacks down.

Forum List

Back