Breaking: Comey Now Claims He Deleted His Memos

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
Destroying govt records is a crime. And destroying evidence that you believe could be evidence is a bigger crime.

18 U.S.C. § 641 - 1663. Protection Of Government Property -- Protection Of Public Records And Documents

Any custodian of a public record who "willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys (any record) shall be fined not more than $2,000 or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States." While the range of acts proscribed by this subsection is somewhat narrower than subsection (a), it does provide the additional penalty of forfeiture of position with the United States.

Twitter

The chatter on the alt right media says Comey deleted the memo but produces no evidence.

Wait and see, I guess.

Destroying govt records is a crime. And destroying evidence that you believe could be evidence is a bigger crime.

18 U.S.C. § 641 - 1663. Protection Of Government Property -- Protection Of Public Records And Documents

Any custodian of a public record who "willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys (any record) shall be fined not more than $2,000 or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States." While the range of acts proscribed by this subsection is somewhat narrower than subsection (a), it does provide the additional penalty of forfeiture of position with the United States.

Twitter
...then he moved to Sweden

Twitter
...then he moved to Sweden

Mm. Tweet that shit.

No wonder he let Crooked Hillary off the hook for destroying 50K government records.

This government swamp is far deeper and far more vile than anything that Trump ever imagined, isn't it?

Twitter

He is a pathetic fag Obama lover...

The chatter on the alt right media says Comey deleted the memo but produces no evidence.

Wait and see, I guess.
Hullo. Wait and see for WHAT? Comey gave his memos to Mueller. The only thing I could find as the basis for this thread except tweets was a "Young Conservatives" blog piece that was either ill informed or intentionally "alternative facts." But I remembered hearing during the testimony (whether it was Comey or an announcer, I don't remember) that he had handed the memos over to the FBI. It's common knowledge.

No he didn't delete them. He turned them over to Mueller.
Comey confirmed he'd turned over his own copies of the memos to Mueller, but he said during testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee this week he'd be comfortable if senators obtained their own copies from Richman or elsewhere.
Comey associate has been in contact with Senate Judiciary about memos
So all he had was a paper copy. I was under the impression that he created the memo electronically such a word document.

No wonder he let Crooked Hillary off the hook for destroying 50K government records.

This government swamp is far deeper and far more vile than anything that Trump ever imagined, isn't it?

Many who opposed Trump said the same. This is exactly what they said was going to happen.

Comey confirmed he'd turned over his own copies of the memos to Mueller, but he said during testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee this week he'd be comfortable if senators obtained their own copies from Richman or elsewhere.
So all he had was a paper copy. I was under the impression that he created the memo electronically such a word document.
I guess I'm not sure what your point is. Is there a big difference in whether it was sent digitally or on paper?

I guess I'm not sure what your point is. Is there a big difference in whether it was sent digitally or on paper?

Well Comey has two deadlines to meet. One on Monday and another on Friday. Folks, we will have to wait and see. By the way, that deadline is for Trumps guys to cough up any tapes that may exist as well.

Twitter

Yeah, guessing he didn't do it "intentionally"....dang Russians.

Well, when I send a document digitally, I still have a copy. If I write by hand on paper and hand that over to someone else, I do not still have a copy (unless I made another copy).

Well Comey has two deadlines to meet. One on Monday and another on Friday. Folks, we will have to wait and see. By the way, that deadline is for Trumps guys to cough up any tapes that may exist as well.
I will be very surprised if there are any tapes. The lesson of Nixon is not to have a record of every conversation.

Many who opposed Trump said the same. This is exactly what they said was going to happen.

Our Federal government is totally out of control. It is a $4 trillion a year monstrosity that has corruption at almost every level, even in the FBI, which suppose to be beyond reproach. Destroying the integrity of the FBI is just one more thing we can add to Obama's legacy.

Comey was just one more corrupt asshole that Obama had in his administration so we should not be surprised at his lies, hypocrisy and letting Crooked Hillary off the hook and attacking Trump.

What are the deadlines?
I heard Trump gets two weeks?

Forum List

Back