BREAKING: Fani Willis is Done! Nathan Wade Testifies He Paid For Vacations with His Business Card and Fani Willis Reimbursed Him in CASH For Expenses

BREAKING: Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis humiliates MAGA lawyer Ashleigh Merchant, snapping back at Merchant and telling Merchant, "don’t be cute with me" during a heated under oath exchange at today’s court hearing.

It all started when Willis took the stand to testify in front of a judge who is considering whether or not to disqualify her from prosecuting Trump in the Georgia election trial.

Merchant is a lawyer representing former Trump campaign official Michael Roman, who is a co-defendant in the Georgia case. She filed court documents accusing Willis of having a "clandestine" relationship with the special prosecutor she hired to help with the Trump case.

Willis has denied allegations that her relationship with the prosecutor, Nathan Wade, began prior to November 2021 when he became special prosecutor. In other words, there was nothing inappropriate about it.

During the hearing, Merchant attempted to grill Willis and absurdly insinuated financial malfeasance.

"Did you ever pay him through Cash App?" Merchant asked, referring to bill reimbursement.
"No," said Willis.

"You only ever paid him through cash?"

"What? Yes. We're talking about— I'm very confused now," said Willis, understandably thrown by the odd line of questioning.

"You never paid Mr. Wade through Cash App?" asked Merchant.

"No," said Willis.

"The only money you've ever given him outside of a contract is cash," said Merchant.

"I didn't give him money in a contract so that was cute, but I didn't give him money in a contract," said Willis.

"What happened— No we're going to answer it since you said," continued Willis, refusing to be cut off. "He worked. He worked more hours than he was paid and the county paid him for the work that he did. So don't be cute with me and then think that you're not gonna get an answer."

The two went back and forth a bit, with Merchant rambling. Willis said that she handed cash to Wade on only a few occasions, and never gave him checks or paid him through an app.

"So you have no proof of any reimbursement for any of these things because it was all cash?" said Merchant.

"The testimony of one witness is enough to prove a fact," said Willis. "Are you telling me that I'm lying to you, is that what you're intimating right here?"

"I'm asking if you have any proof that you paid him," said Merchant.

"The proof is what I just told you," said Willis bluntly.

During another contentious exchange, Willis ripped into Merchant again.

"Your office objected to us getting Delta records for flights that you may have taken with Mr. Wade," said Merchant.

"No, no, look I object to you getting records," said Willis. "You've been intrusive into people's personal lives. You're confused. You think I'm on trial, these people are on trial for trying to steal an election in 2020. I'm not on trial no matter how hard you try to put me on trial."

Brilliant. You can see why Trump and his cronies are trying so hard to get Willis removed from the case. She is a formidable woman who poses a serious threat to Trump's freedom.

Justice must be defended. Fani Willis must be allowed to stay on this case.

May be an image of 2 people

BREAKING: Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis humiliates MAGA lawyer Ashleigh Merchant, snapping back at Merchant and telling Merchant, "don’t be cute with me" during a heated under oath exchange at today’s court hearing.

It all started when Willis took the stand to testify in front of a judge who is considering whether or not to disqualify her from prosecuting Trump in the Georgia election trial.

Merchant is a lawyer representing former Trump campaign official Michael Roman, who is a co-defendant in the Georgia case. She filed court documents accusing Willis of having a "clandestine" relationship with the special prosecutor she hired to help with the Trump case.

Willis has denied allegations that her relationship with the prosecutor, Nathan Wade, began prior to November 2021 when he became special prosecutor. In other words, there was nothing inappropriate about it.

During the hearing, Merchant attempted to grill Willis and absurdly insinuated financial malfeasance.

"Did you ever pay him through Cash App?" Merchant asked, referring to bill reimbursement.
"No," said Willis.

"You only ever paid him through cash?"

"What? Yes. We're talking about— I'm very confused now," said Willis, understandably thrown by the odd line of questioning.

"You never paid Mr. Wade through Cash App?" asked Merchant.

"No," said Willis.

"The only money you've ever given him outside of a contract is cash," said Merchant.

"I didn't give him money in a contract so that was cute, but I didn't give him money in a contract," said Willis.

"What happened— No we're going to answer it since you said," continued Willis, refusing to be cut off. "He worked. He worked more hours than he was paid and the county paid him for the work that he did. So don't be cute with me and then think that you're not gonna get an answer."

The two went back and forth a bit, with Merchant rambling. Willis said that she handed cash to Wade on only a few occasions, and never gave him checks or paid him through an app.

"So you have no proof of any reimbursement for any of these things because it was all cash?" said Merchant.

"The testimony of one witness is enough to prove a fact," said Willis. "Are you telling me that I'm lying to you, is that what you're intimating right here?"

"I'm asking if you have any proof that you paid him," said Merchant.

"The proof is what I just told you," said Willis bluntly.

During another contentious exchange, Willis ripped into Merchant again.

"Your office objected to us getting Delta records for flights that you may have taken with Mr. Wade," said Merchant.

"No, no, look I object to you getting records," said Willis. "You've been intrusive into people's personal lives. You're confused. You think I'm on trial, these people are on trial for trying to steal an election in 2020. I'm not on trial no matter how hard you try to put me on trial."

Brilliant. You can see why Trump and his cronies are trying so hard to get Willis removed from the case. She is a formidable woman who poses a serious threat to Trump's freedom.

Justice must be defended. Fani Willis must be allowed to stay on this case.

May be an image of 2 people

TOO FUNNY! I heard her say that! Don't you know that the case could be thrown out now for prejudice by her admitting that she went into the case with a preconceived conclusion of guilt even before the case begun and any evidence was presented??? Now we find out she was paying her boyfriend influencing him in secret hiring him to "prosecute" while keeping it a secret from the rest of those involved! :laugh2:

1708049954308.png

Fani Willis telling Merchant, "don’t be cute with me"

If this were anyone else but a DA on trial here, she would have been found in contempt of court for talking to an officer of the court like that. Try it sometime.

Funny you left out the part where after that, the judge paused the trial, took her lawyers aside in the backroom and warned them that if she didn't stop these antics real fast, there would be hell to pay! :laughing0301:

TOO FUNNY! I heard her say that! Don't you know that the case could be thrown out now for prejudice by her admitting that she went into the case with a preconceived conclusion of guilt even before the case begun and any evidence was presented??? Now we find out she was paying her boyfriend influencing him in secret hiring him to "prosecute" while keeping it a secret from the rest of those involved! :laugh2:
Nope. Prosecutor always have notion of guilt, or the would not prosecute. It is the adversarial system of justice. It is judges and juries that are charged to presume innocence.:auiqs.jpg:

She admitted to getting campaign cash. She admitted to taking some of it home. She admitted to using some when she was short. Likewise, she seems to have indicated she used some of that to payback Nathan Wade (no records, though).

She also lied to the court giving conflicting testimony about her relationship with her "boyfriend."

Again: she makes $110,000 per year and is worth between $5M and $8M.

Funny, I made more than that for far longer than her and I never amassed 8M dollars!
Wonder who has been slipping her the money under the table?

You DO understand that if you spent NO MONEY, that it would still take you SEVENTY TWO YEARS to save up 8 million with her income she's only had for, what? Five years??? :auiqs.jpg:

She admitted to getting campaign cash. She admitted to taking some of it home. She admitted to using some when she was short. Likewise, she seems to have indicated she used some of that to payback Nathan Wade (no records, though).

She shot herself in the foot in her "defense"

Forum List

Back