🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING**Fed appeals court panel says most Obamacare subsidies illegal

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.
In a potentially crippling blow to Obamacare, a top federal appeals court Tuesday said that billions of dollars worth of government subsidies that helped 4.7 million people buy insurance on HealthCare.gov are not legal under the Affordable Care Act.

In its decision, a three-judge panel said that such subsidies can be granted only to people who bought insurance in an Obamacare exchange run by an individual state or the District of Columbia — not on the federally run exchange HealthCare.gov. Plaintiffs in the case known as Halbig v. Burwell argued that the ACA, as written, only allows that often-significant financial aid to be issued to people who bought insurance on a marketplace set up by a state.

From the article..^^^

Not a good month legislatively for the criminal left who are getting SLAMMED by the Judiciary. LOL

Last edited:
That whole POS bill is illegal in my estimation.

No way should we taxpayers have to subsidize anyone.

If you can't afford to take care of yourself then tough fucking shit.

I hope so LGS,

but it still has to go through SCOTUS, and they haven't been too reliable.

what do you think the implications of such a decision are, lgs? do you think the people of a state that refused to set up a healthcare exchange will be made at the obama administration for this decision, or mad at their state government?

how do you see this ending?

hard to imagine so many people want so many people to go without health insurance just because they don't like the POTUS ... the SC has already ruled for Healthcare, I can't see them taking it away from 4 million people.

hard to imagine so many people want so many people to go without health insurance just because they don't like the POTUS ... the SC has already ruled for Healthcare, I can't see them taking it away from 4 million people.

Will you be quiet? Your lamentations are oh so 2009, when people actually gave half of a damn.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
A judicial panel in a 2-1 ruling said such subsidies can be granted only to those people who bought insurance in an Obamacare exchange run by an individual state or the District of Columbia — not on the federally run exchange HealthCare.gov.
And as you may note, SOME States didn't set up Exchanges because if I'm not mistaken, that's a provision in the Law itself. States don't HAVE to set up Exchanges. It's Optional.

Interesting.

Will you be quiet? Your lamentations are oh so 2009, when people actually gave half of a damn.

:cuckoo:

GFY :badgrin:

I hope so LGS,

but it still has to go through SCOTUS, and they haven't been too reliable.

why do you hope so? what's the end result, in your mind?

Seriously????

You even have to ask?

Why would anyone want the government entrenched any further into anything, let alone health insurance? What is it that the gov't is doing so well right now that you want them involved in HC?

The end result will not be good either way, because liberal political whores are dedicated to destruction, and the republicrats don't have the sack to fix it. However anything that gets rid of the obozocare disaster will be better than letting it fester.

So all those voters in all those red states whose Republican governments have not set up state exchanges will not be eligible for the subsidies.

That should please those voters immensely.

Nor are the voters of those states eligible for the Medicaid expansion.

The issue ads write themselves.

Of course, this subsidy problem is very easily fixed. All Congress has to do is amend the ACA to allow subsidies through the federal exchange.

The ball is now in the Republican House's court.

Hmmmm...what will they do? What will they do...

Hard to imagine so many people expecting other people to pick up the tab for their own healthcare. Why should I have to pay for my own HC and 4 million others as well??

Nothing to do with hating the POTUS its all about my tax dollar being used to bankroll someone elses life.

The only winners in the ACA are those we taxpayers are going to be forced to subsidize.

A man I work with ran the number for he and his wife. He ran em several different ways.

His deductables were $7,500 for a family and $3,750 single in one set.

The other one he ran had his dedictable at $12,700 family and $6,350 single plus $661 a month just for the coverage.

Yup. He'll be paying that ongodly amount in deductable plus his tax dollars will be paying for every other swinging dick in America who can't take care of himself.

What a fucking deal oh and its oh so affordable. In a pigs ass.

Last edited:

I didn't give a damn in 2009 either.

Bed wetters "think" (if you can call it thinking) that opposition to their inane policy objectives have something to do with the contempt people have for their moonbat messiah.

It will never cross whatever genetic garbage they use for a "mind", that their agenda is opposed because it is destructive. It will never cross that same appendix that the people who created this abortion exempted themselves, nor will they consider why. It's because bed wetters are mindless, parasitic tools that should have been swallowed.

http://liberallogic101.com/?p=3178

Last edited:
This is just the beginning of many things in the health care bill that is unconstitutional.

Wait till it gets into full operation.
How many are going to sue when the bill forces companies to force people to exercise at work and at home.

If we don't want government to use guns to force people to pay for other people's healthcare, then we actually "want" people to go without healthcare.

You're a dick and a tool. Grow up and debate like a man.

Forum List

Back