🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING**Fed appeals court panel says most Obamacare subsidies illegal

I'll debate you. If you oppose the government helping making something like healthcare affordable to someone who cannot otherwise afford it,

then yes, you do want those people to go without healthcare unless you have an alternative means of making healthcare affordable to those people.

So if I don't want to pay your rent, that means I want you to go without housing?

Really?

If you do not offer a comprehensive alternate plan, at the very least it means you don't give a shit about those who are struggling.

ALTERNATIVELY, it means that it isn't the government's job, responsibility, right or obligation to come up with some "alternate plans" for folks who do not pay their own rents.

We may endorse charities. But that doesn't mean that the government has or should have the authority to mandate the use of the taxes we pay in order to cover the costs of those charities.

It would take just a few days for Congress to pass a bill to extend the employer mandate deadline.

It would take just a few days for Congress to pass a bill to allow users of the federal health care exchange to be eligible for insurance subsidies.

So why aren't they?

Hmmm...

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.
In a potentially crippling blow to Obamacare, a top federal appeals court Tuesday said that billions of dollars worth of government subsidies that helped 4.7 million people buy insurance on HealthCare.gov are not legal under the Affordable Care Act.

In its decision, a three-judge panel said that such subsidies can be granted only to people who bought insurance in an Obamacare exchange run by an individual state or the District of Columbia — not on the federally run exchange HealthCare.gov. Plaintiffs in the case known as Halbig v. Burwell argued that the ACA, as written, only allows that often-significant financial aid to be issued to people who bought insurance on a marketplace set up by a state.

From the article..^^^

Not a good month legislatively for the criminal left who are getting SLAMMED by the Judiciary. LOL

First of all 2 other courts rejected this argument.

Secondly, all this means is that if it is upheld, the people who lose their subsidies will be MOSTLY PEOPLE IN RED STATES who refused to set up exchanges.

The point, being that you missed it, is that without these "subsidies", the scheme falls flat on its face. Because it's a wealth re-distribution scheme. Without the injected payment to create demand, prices do not go down. So "affordable" so arbitrarily chosen as a soundbite, becomes non-existent.

Medicaid hasn't collapsed despite some states rejecting the expansion.

The people in the mostly RED STATES without exchanges would lose their subsidies. In many cases they also lost out on Medicaid expansion.

In effect, you conservatives will be getting what you want, state by state.

I'll debate you. If you oppose the government helping making something like healthcare affordable to someone who cannot otherwise afford it,

then yes, you do want those people to go without healthcare unless you have an alternative means of making healthcare affordable to those people.

So if I don't want to pay your rent, that means I want you to go without housing?

Really?

If you do not offer a comprehensive alternate plan, at the very least it means you don't give a shit about those who are struggling.

No, it just means I don't want the government fucking up my healthcare. When did you ever lift a finger to provide healthcare to "those who are struggling?"

This is going to blow up in the GOP's face, big time.

They are working so hard to make ObamaCare fail they can't see the forest for the trees.

When ObamaCare fails catastrophically, the people are going to cry out for Universal Health Care. They are NOT going to say, "Hey, let's go with the GOP plan!" And you know why? BECAUSE THERE IS NO GOP PLAN.

Idiots.

Single payer, here we come!

Last edited:

Really?

No, it just means I don't want the government fucking up my healthcare. When did you ever lift a finger to provide healthcare to "those who are struggling?"

A post ^^^ by a true 21st Century conservative. Translated, "I got mine, fuck the rest of you".

I do wonder who or what made bripat into the callous asshole he became.

It would take just a few days for Congress to pass a bill to extend the employer mandate deadline.

It would take just a few days for Congress to pass a bill to allow users of the federal health care exchange to be eligible for insurance subsidies.

So why aren't they?

Hmmm...

Hummmm.....It would also take just a few days to open across state line purchasing of HC policies bring prices way down and would remove the gov't involvement in personal health care...
So why don't they???

This is going to blow up in the GOP's face, big time.

They are working so hard to make ObamaCare fail they can't see the forest for the trees.

When ObamaCare fails catastrophically, the people are going to cry out for Universal Health Care. They are NOT going to say, "Hey, let's go with the GOP plan!" And you know why? BECAUSE THERE IS NO GOP PLAN.

Idiots.

UHC here we come!

Yep. Take away somebody's healthcare is NOT the way to get their vote. This issue is made to order for Hillary. This is why the gop doesn't want judges, like John "not Jay" Roberts rewriting legislation.

Only a real jerk (nicest term I could think of) would laugh at those 4.7 million citizens who will lose coverage if the full court sustains this decision. Any bets that the two judges whose votes impacted so many were nominated to the bench by a Republican President?

LOL.

Only a tool would whine about this crap when those nominally covered by the ObumblerCare crap law will continue to receive medical care just the same -- as before that shitty law was ever crammed through a well bribed Congress.

LIBYA+rev

-- ObumblerCare will be going down in flames. The "landing" oughta be entertaining.

Really?

I have done so many times. I started two faith-based non-profits which have helped many people pay their medical bills.

So nice try. :lol:

The GOP has communicated quite plainly they do not give a flying fuck about the uninsured.

So why aren't they?

Hmmm...

Hummmm.....It would also take just a few days to open across state line purchasing of HC policies bring prices way down and would remove the gov't involvement in personal health care...
So why don't they???

Yup and here's a good place to start.

The Best Alternative to Obamacare - US News

This one leave the Govt 100% out of the HC field. Its all private sector.

So why aren't they?

Hmmm...

So why don't they???

I have outlined many times what we should do to reform health care. But the GOP has not ever put a comprehensive plan on the table.

In all those repeals, did they ever attach an alternate health reform plan?

Nope.

When they controlled the House and the Senate and the White House and the Supreme Court, did they ever try to enact comprehensive health reform?

Nope.

Were the Democrats telegraphing what they would do if given a chance?

Yep.

We were sold down the river by the GOP into the hands of the Democrats. Don't let all this theater for the rubes you are seeing now fool you.

The Administration will most likely appeal for an en banc hearing, where 11 judges will hear the case. However, in the courts, en banc hearings are very unfavorable. There have been five instances where such a hearing has been requested, in each instance, the request was denied. The Obama Administration is in a pickle here.

En banc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So why aren't they?

Hmmm...

So why don't they???

The idea to make the PPACA succeed never occurs to "them". They want it to go away and to return to the prior system where millions cannot afford health care and thus wait until they must see a doctor; they then visit public hospital ER where their care is paid for by the local taxpayer, at the expense of other services (roads, police, recreation, etc.).

Forum List

Back