BREAKING...Maddow: we've got Trump's tax returns!

Why do people keep arguing this? As a journalist who was given the information anonymously she did not break any laws. Holy shit you people need to learn the laws before starting 5 million threads and posts about this.

It's called Journalistic Privilege. She did not solicit the information and therefor broke no laws.

How can you sit and say it was a "nothing burger" in one breath and then ask for her to be arrested in the next... you're having a mental meltdown.

because if it truly is a crime to disseminate someone's tax information, the content of said tax return is meaningless.

And ask the people over at Gawker how far you can stretch journalistic privilege.

Big difference between a sex tape they PAID for...which is solicitation, and what happened last night. Insert another quarter and please try again.

If anyone takes the so-called president down with good solid investigation and facts, it will be Rachel Maddow. Good for her. She needs to keep digging. :clap:
Libs think Maddow is great but in reality, she is fake news.

Is it any wonder Americans are so divided?

Why do we care what his tax return was like 12 years ago?
Big f-ing deal.
tumblr_inline_n2ayj3KSDk1qe4ieh.gif.cf.gif

Strange.....6 months ago it was a big deal. Now that you know the media was blowing air up your skirt it doesn't matter.:biggrin:
I personally never thought it was a big deal, because Trump pretty much TOLD us he paid as little as possible--hinted he paid basically nothing--and I believe him. It was after 2005 when he took that huge loss writeoff and it is the tax returns in the last five years that interest me.
Shouldn't that audit be about finished by now?
Is the Deep State not working in the IRS? Will no one leak it when that audit is complete?
Trump said he always pays what he has to pay by law.

Maddow stated that they had to get Trump's tax return to make sure there were not foreign money "dumps" that would influence Trump in ways inconsistent with American interests.

How noble! Except that:

1. There is no basis for this belief; and

2. The return in question did not reveal any such thing.

By Maddow's logic we ought to take a marathon runner (a perfectly healthy person) and do open heart surgery on him because there may be some plaque buildup in his aortic arteries that may one day result in a heart attack.

No, this is NOT ok!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

No that isn't quite the same thing. And do you really think if someone was trying to bury Trump that had access to his returns would pick 2005 as the one to send to a reporter?

The return was marked 'client copy' which means, if that's legitimate, that copies were made of Trump's own copy.

Yeah, what she did would hold up in court, journalistic sources, that stuff.

The bigger problem she has is the assist she gave Trump and the GOP with this stunt.

No doubt Trump released them himself.
The copies were marked "client copy".
That's the way it goes. If he dangled some cheese and Maddow bit, that's her own fault.

That's what happens when hardcore partisan ideology overcomes rational thought.

She simply reported it. She didn't imply anything was wrong with the return.
Slate, usually a political ally of hers, strongly disagrees: Rachel Maddow Turned a Scoop on Donald Trump’s Taxes Into a Cynical, Self-Defeating Spectacle

She blew it. It would best to admit it.

I watched it. I don't need someone else's opinion to know what to think about it.
Obviously you do.

Really? Show us the law that protects her.
Really, really? Show us the law she has broken.

Jake- You are everything wrong about America that Mr. Trump is trying to fix. That is why you and your Democrat buddies and rhino pubs were sent out of town on a rail. The people spoke because we were, and are tired of your leftist perception of the way America should be. Sorry, we were not ready to go down the crapper even though Obama had us circling the drain. Your unicorn, pixie dust envision of America does not exist. Well, not anymore since real Americans have spoken. Your time has passed. Suck it up buttercup -Geaux
The GOP lost seats in the House and the Senate, fact. 77 thousand votes in MI, MN, and WI does not a mandate make for the rest of America. No one has shown what law has been broken. And the far right transforming America? You guys are fumbing and bumbling, and America and the world is laughing at you freeks.
What law?

How bout identity theft.

Wrong.
Look it up.

Any unauthorized use of tax returns is identity theft.

That's the way it goes. If he dangled some cheese and Maddow bit, that's her own fault.

Slate, usually a political ally of hers, strongly disagrees: Rachel Maddow Turned a Scoop on Donald Trump’s Taxes Into a Cynical, Self-Defeating Spectacle

I watched it. I don't need someone else's opinion to know what to think about it.
Okay. Run with that then.

So will the GOP, understandably.

Whatever, dude.

Please highlight what she reported that was misleading or otherwise incorrect.
She simply reported it.

If anyone takes the so-called president down with good solid investigation and facts, it will be Rachel Maddow. Good for her. She needs to keep digging. :clap:

You think this is over? :lol:
Nothing is over with the Left. They never stop fucking things up. It is their nature.

RWnuts think everything unpleasant is fake news. It's like a fundamentalist Christian's attitude towards evolution.

Obviously you do.

In what way?

Maddow stated that they had to get Trump's tax return to make sure there were not foreign money "dumps" that would influence Trump in ways inconsistent with American interests.

How noble! Except that:

1. There is no basis for this belief; and

2. The return in question did not reveal any such thing.

By Maddow's logic we ought to take a marathon runner (a perfectly healthy person) and do open heart surgery on him because there may be some plaque buildup in his aortic arteries that may one day result in a heart attack.

No, this is NOT ok!

No that isn't quite the same thing. And do you really think if someone was trying to bury Trump that had access to his returns would pick 2005 as the one to send to a reporter?
You are getting too far ahead and trying to assume motive. Watch out.

Really, really? Show us the law she has broken.

Jake- You are everything wrong about America that Mr. Trump is trying to fix. That is why you and your Democrat buddies and rhino pubs were sent out of town on a rail. The people spoke because we were, and are tired of your leftist perception of the way America should be. Sorry, we were not ready to go down the crapper even though Obama had us circling the drain. Your unicorn, pixie dust envision of America does not exist. Well, not anymore since real Americans have spoken. Your time has passed. Suck it up buttercup -Geaux
The GOP lost seats in the House and the Senate, fact. 77 thousand votes in MI, MN, and WI does not a mandate make for the rest of America. No one has shown what law has been broken. And the far right transforming America? You guys are fumbing and bumbling, and America and the world is laughing at you freeks.
What law?

How bout identity theft.

Wrong.
Look it up.

I don't need to look it up. I've given you the real laws that matter here, and you continue to argue it.

Ha!

The people who praised the illegal Russian hacking of the DNC because they thought it hurt Hillary Clinton NOW want to talk about the law.

How unsurprising is that?
Still believe the Russians hacked the DNC even after the CIA admitted they made it look like it was the Russians huh?

Look, Maddow can do whatever dykes do. But when that dude goes on TV she is part of the press; I.e., part of the purported constitutional Check on government power becoming too concentrated.

However, when the press, or factions therein, start choosing political sides then it can no longer fulfill this duty. A biased press is a corrupt press. They disguise this corruption by labeling it "investigative journalism".

The MSM is corrupt, MSNBC is corrupt, and Maddow is corrupt. Maddow was not breaking a story. Rather, she was perpetuating a narrative and trying to undermine Trump.

How exactly is MSNBC corrupt? Does he sexual preference have anything to do with her on air performance?

Okay. Run with that then.

So will the GOP, understandably.

Whatever, dude.

Please highlight what she reported that was misleading or otherwise incorrect.
She simply reported it.
Okay, got it, she did nothing wrong, she didn't screw up.

I believe you.

Maddow
Look, Maddow can do whatever dykes do. But when that dude goes on TV she is part of the press; I.e., part of the purported constitutional Check on government power becoming too concentrated.

However, when the press, or factions therein, start choosing political sides then it can no longer fulfill this duty. A biased press is a corrupt press. They disguise this corruption by labeling it "investigative journalism".

The MSM is corrupt, MSNBC is corrupt, and Maddow is corrupt. Maddow was not breaking a story. Rather, she was perpetuating a narrative and trying to undermine Trump.

Advocacy journalism is a legitimate subset of journalism in general.
Political hit jobs are not legitimate journalism.

So in what category do you put Rachel Maddow, Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Bill O'Reilly?

Forum List

Back