BREAKING...Maddow: we've got Trump's tax returns!

What consequences did Kerry suffer? Never even heard that once in his presidential run.

It was 2010, while facing reelection as a senator.

Kerry Agrees to Pay Massachusetts Tax on Yacht Docked in Rhode Island

The Massachusetts senator, after an uproar in his home state over the decision to dock his new $7 million yacht in tax-free Rhode Island, told his state's tax collector Tuesday that he would "promptly" pay all Massachusetts taxes on the yacht.

"As we've said from the beginning, we have always complied with tax laws and we always will," the senator said in a written statement. "The payment is being made promptly."

The 2004 Democratic presidential nominee has been dogged by charges of tax evasion since last week, when the Boston Herald first reported about his decision to dock the 76-foot sloop Isabel in Newport, R.I.

Doing so spared Kerry a $437,500 one-time sales tax charge in Massachusetts, as well as about $70,000 in annual excise taxes. Rhode Island repealed those taxes in 1993, making the state something of a nautical tax haven.

If anyone takes the so-called president down with good solid investigation and facts, it will be Rachel Maddow. Good for her. She needs to keep digging. :clap:
Last night she gave him and the GOP a BIG assist.

She'll have to dig herself out of that hole first.
Pretty sure Trump trolled mad cow with his return. She looked like a distracted loon.
Sure.....It is a good thing that you take her lightly. :D
No one, outside of looney feminists, and diehard leftists take her seriously. She is a caricature of everything that is wrong with the Democrat party.

She has been getting some very good stories out these last few weeks on connecting the Dots to Russia...

Designer Logic

Jurinalists don't connect the dots, they only collect the dots.

What consequences did Kerry suffer? Never even heard that once in his presidential run.

The Massachusetts senator, after an uproar in his home state over the decision to dock his new $7 million yacht in tax-free Rhode Island, told his state's tax collector Tuesday that he would "promptly" pay all Massachusetts taxes on the yacht.

"As we've said from the beginning, we have always complied with tax laws and we always will," the senator said in a written statement. "The payment is being made promptly."

The 2004 Democratic presidential nominee has been dogged by charges of tax evasion since last week, when the Boston Herald first reported about his decision to dock the 76-foot sloop Isabel in Newport, R.I.

Doing so spared Kerry a $437,500 one-time sales tax charge in Massachusetts, as well as about $70,000 in annual excise taxes. Rhode Island repealed those taxes in 1993, making the state something of a nautical tax haven.
I remember that. There was a lot of negative press on this for Kerry, as much for the fact he owns a yacht (making him appear out of touch with the common man) as for the tax controversy.

Personally, I would of questioned his sanity if he did not try to mitigate his tax liability.

Sounds like he wasn't following the law. People try that here, registering in Oregon, NOT legal.

No. You are arguing against a law. Do you understand that? Have you taken the time to look up the law the entire time you have been arguing with me? Journalists do not have to follow the same rules that you and I do. They did not solicit the information in the same way Gawker pays for information and therefor are protected differently than the situation Gawker was. What they did was not illegal.

The New York Times reported on Trump's 1995 tax returns a long time ago... this is nothing new.

Who gave Trump’s taxes to the New York Times? The mystery behind a bombshell story.

They still have to follow basic rules, and if the law explicitly protects private citizen's tax returns, (as Trump was back in 2005) any shield they are claiming isn't exactly made of adamantium.

giphy.gif

You do realize that your sides's obsession with Trumps tax return is far more exemplified by your meme response, right?

If by side you mean "Anti-Trump" people... I want to see his latest couple year's tax returns to see where his conflicts of interests lie. It's pretty simple, and if he had to apply for a security clearance it would have been reviewed. Though he doesn't have to get a security clearance as an elected POTUS, I'd still like to see it for myself, and a great deal of the population would like to see it as well. His tax returns would also prove once and for all how big of a liar he is when it comes to how charitable he is, which could absolutely ruin him with the public. No one likes a braggart that talks about how much they give in donations only to find out they don't give shit.
You don't need to see anybody's tax returns, motherfucker. You would not understand them anyway. It is not like there is going to be a 1099 from Russia attached to it, dumbass!

How naive you are. I mean you did start this retarded thread without knowing how laws work for journalists.

The probable fact is, since the returns are marked 'customer copy', that Trump was flushed into the open by Maddow, so he released them to forestall the impact of the show. If that was Trump's intent, he failed.

Trump is the most divisive president in American history.

Only divisive to you leftwing loons Jake.

I still don't see Rachel Maddow's tax return for her lawn care business and her "personally attending her girl friends lawn" per request in being fair in standard.
What is she trying to hide?
See it's not nice is it? Then why does Maddow and MSNBC insist doing these things?

That was for that time period, losses are spread out. You lied and said he doesn't pay federal taxes.

What? He is the one who started the not paying taxes not the democrats..

Regardless of which end of the spectrum you occupy, it really is okay to lower your fists now and then and admit a screwup, or a weakness, or anything negative.

Left wing Slate does it here: Rachel Maddow Turned a Scoop on Donald Trump’s Taxes Into a Cynical, Self-Defeating Spectacle

Are there any Progressives who think this big tax revelation didn't go very well? That it may have actually helped Trump and the GOP?
I find it fascinating....all the so-called president's defenders posting thread after thread today in an attempt to discredit Maddow. She's sure onto something.
She may be, but if she's going to go after him, she'd better be right when she does. She only hurts herself and the Democrats with stuff like this.

The stumbling and bumbling redneck conservative defenders of Trump, who they now realize is the most divisive president in our history, are butt hurt that Maddow forced Trump to release one year's returns. More sure to follow.

Regardless of which end of the spectrum you occupy, it really is okay to lower your fists now and then and admit a screwup, or a weakness, or anything negative.

Left wing Slate does it here: Rachel Maddow Turned a Scoop on Donald Trump’s Taxes Into a Cynical, Self-Defeating Spectacle

Are there any Progressives who think this big tax revelation didn't go very well? That it may have actually helped Trump and the GOP?
I don't know anything about Rachael Maddow other than she is a very annoying TV personality and as I understand it she doesn't blow anything.

I think Trump set her up BIGLY and dropped her like a ton of Kelly Ann, though

The stumbling and bumbling redneck conservative defenders of Trump, who they now realize is the most divisive president in our history, are butt hurt that Maddow forced Trump to release one year's returns. More sure to follow.
sure jakey, stay in pretendland politics a bit longer.

Of course they won't admit it. They cannot even admit that Trump won the election and that their criminal whore lost.

Of course they won't admit it. They cannot even admit that Trump won the election and that their criminal whore lost.
ding, ding, ding, :clap2::clap2::bowdown::bowdown:

I don't know anything about Rachael Maddow other than she is a very annoying TV personality and as I understand it she doesn't blow anything.

I think Trump set her up BIGLY and dropped her like a ton of Kelly Ann, though
Could be. But if Trump set her up, she fell for it.

Forum List

Back