🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING: Mass school shooting multiple victims

r

How do you know that the punishment "never" deters the crime?

Because crime still occurs, regardless of the punishment or what laws there are which instill such punishment.

That doesn't make any sense, logically.

The fact that crimes still happen does not mean that no crimes have ever been stopped.

What good are laws against murder, if people still murder?
What good are laws against rape, if people still rape?
What good are laws against jaywalking, if people still jaywalk?

...and so on, for every single law that has ever existed.

What are you getting at?

Laws don't exist to prevent crime, they exist to punish it.
Deep but I bet this went over most peoples heads.

Wow...now you anti gunners embrace the concept that laws can't prevent crime.....you just need to understand that that also means they can't prevent gun crime....try to get that through your heads and we may finally get you to see the truth...
They cant prevent crime. I can get a gun with no problem and no paperwork all cash. I am not anti gun. Obviously you dont get that the prescence of such laws have an effect on people that wish to avoid jail time. Those laws will never prevent crime because some people are going to commit them regardless. The aim is to get most people not to be criminals.

Using a gun to commit crime and then going to jail for it is enough for normal people....there is no need to license law abiding gun owners or register guns. Criminals caught using a gun in a crime can already be arrested without them, and felons can be arrested without them for mere possession of a gun.

What you fail to realize is that the anti gunners want licensing, registration and universal background checks because they can turn normal people, who own guns, into felons if they make paper work mistakes in those processes.....and that will scare peole from owning or carrying guns.

You can repeat your strawman as many times as you like, it won't stop being a strawman.

Let me ask you, if this turns out - as it is starting to appear, that the killer was a Muzzie Beast and this is just more Muslim terrorism, will all of you anti-liberty leftists back off of your attacks on civil rights, and admit you were wrong?

The fact that crimes still happen does not mean that no crimes have ever been stopped.

I'm curious... just where did I say that? Of course, some crimes are stopped, a majority of them aren't.

Laws are designed to make examples out of people who are caught breaking them. But then again, even when that happens, the next criminal who gets away with it will not care, he'll still commit the crime.

If true that 10 are dead, this would be one of the worst school shootings.

Things that make Americans look stupid from space, number 2:

Living in a society where every Monkey needs to pass both a written and a practical skills test and provide proof of liability coverage before being granted the privilege of driving a car, which is a VERY practical, albeit dangerous, tool, but any idiot with $600 can get a mighty fine shootin' iron, a tool designed only to maim and kill.

:smoke: It's no wonder we get so few visitors.....​
So you want a test to exercise a Constitutional right? Remind me what the Supreme Court said about that in regards voting?

5/9ths of the Court if we are to be honest.

Ah yes, that is what we need. More guns out there.

Shootings at movie theater, we need more guns. Shootings at a grade school, we need more guns out there. Shootings at a college, we need more guns on the street. More guns, and we are continually putting more guns out there, and, continually, there are more shootings. So we need more guns out there.

Perhaps there is something wrong with the formula?
Your formula is dishonest. But that's the left for ya. We need to roll back the corruption in society and reinstill conservative values. Throw the libs out of office. Guns have always been around, what's new is progressive bullshit rammed down our throats.

You can repeat your strawman as many times as you like, it won't stop being a strawman.

Let me ask you, if this turns out - as it is starting to appear, that the killer was a Muzzie Beast and this is just more Muslim terrorism, will all of you anti-liberty leftists back off of your attacks on civil rights, and admit you were wrong?

Let me ask you.

Are you going to admit that you're a bigoted piece of shit if it turns out that the shooter was not a "Muzzie Beast"?

I'm going to guess no.

What are you getting at?

Laws don't exist to prevent crime, they exist to punish it.
Deep but I bet this went over most peoples heads.

Wow...now you anti gunners embrace the concept that laws can't prevent crime.....you just need to understand that that also means they can't prevent gun crime....try to get that through your heads and we may finally get you to see the truth...
They cant prevent crime. I can get a gun with no problem and no paperwork all cash. I am not anti gun. Obviously you dont get that the prescence of such laws have an effect on people that wish to avoid jail time. Those laws will never prevent crime because some people are going to commit them regardless. The aim is to get most people not to be criminals.

Using a gun to commit crime and then going to jail for it is enough for normal people....there is no need to license law abiding gun owners or register guns. Criminals caught using a gun in a crime can already be arrested without them, and felons can be arrested without them for mere possession of a gun.

What you fail to realize is that the anti gunners want licensing, registration and universal background checks because they can turn normal people, who own guns, into felons if they make paper work mistakes in those processes.....and that will scare peole from owning or carrying guns.

I think thats the entire point. We dont need more guns. We need less. Think of it in terms of nuclear weapons. Do you want an ongoing arms race or do you want people to get rid of weapons which are capable of snuffing out mankind?

Let me ask you.

Are you going to admit that you're a bigoted piece of shit if it turns out that the shooter was not a "Muzzie Beast"?

I'm going to guess no.

If it turns out not to be a Muzzie Beast, how would that make me a "bigoted piece of shit?"

If it turns out not to be a Christian, or a white person, will that make you a "bigoted piece of shit?"

I notice that you leftists don't wait for the facts before doubling down on your war on civil rights.

I'm curious... just where did I say that? Of course, some crimes are stopped, a majority of them aren't.

Laws are designed to make examples out of people who are caught breaking them. But then again, even when that happens, the next criminal who gets away with it will not care, he'll still commit the crime.

Right here:

But the punishment never deters the crime, hence the shooting in Oregon today, the shooting in Charleston and Columbine and Sandy Hook or Aurora...and so on. Like you said, Laws exist to punish crime, however they don't prevent crime, and it matters not one iota if someone is punished under them. The crime still happens.

And from somewhere up high - or maybe down low - Hitler hears Obama's cries for more gun control. He fondly recalls how easy it was to bring on his "final solution" with the populous unarmed. He smiles (as liberals see it) a benign little smile.

Forum List

Back