🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING: Mass school shooting multiple victims

That's an asinine argument.

Why? What good are gun free zones and gun control laws like background checks if they don't stop tragedies like this one? Even with those things in place, 13 people still died.

What good are laws against murder, if people still murder?
What good are laws against rape, if people still rape?
What good are laws against jaywalking, if people still jaywalk?

...and so on, for every single law that has ever existed.

What are you getting at?

Laws don't exist to prevent crime, they exist to punish it.

But again...that is not what the anti gunners want...they want guns laws to "prevent" gun crime...and no gun law does that...not licensing gun owners, not registering guns and not even Universal background checks...

And we can already punish criminals who use guns and felons who possess or use guns without any new gun laws needed....

What did I suggest outlawing?

Again, any person can print a fully automatic rifle on a 3D printer, so the ONLY thing you can to is to infringe the rights of the law abiding.
Youre a dumbass. Not many people can afford a 500k printer.

Walmart's selling them for $400.00 right now, JS

TwoUp 3D Printer Kit - Walmart.com
I'm tallking about one that can make a gun.

By that logic, laws against murder are pointless too. After all, people still commit murder, even though it's illegal.

Then, I suggest you point that remark in Wry's direction. He was the one who said "Laws do not prevent crime." Yet here he is trying to push for gun control legislation, ergo, more laws that "do not prevent crime."

You're missing my point. I'm agreeing with Wry - laws don't exist to prevent crime, they exist to punish crime.

No...you are missing the point...Wry want gun laws that "prevent" gun crime.....and the only people he is concerned with punishing is normal people who want to own and carry a gun for self defense.

:lol:

I suggest you go back and read his post again.

Laws do not prevent crime, crimes are punished and that is what keeps society relatively safe.

Okay. Laws do not prevent crime, ergo gun control laws do not stop gun violence from happening. Therefore gun control laws, and gun free zones are pointless. If laws are pointless, it doesn't matter how many times someone is punished.

Thanks for making my case.

By that logic, laws against murder are pointless too. After all, people still commit murder, even though it's illegal.

What the anti gunners say is that we need gun laws to "prevent" gun crimes.......they want the Tom Cruise movie "Minority Report," where gun crimes are prevented before they occur....that is why they think licensing gun owners, registering guns and universal background checks will "prevent" gun crime....

But none of those things does anything to prevent gun crime...they don't even help solve gun crime...

We can already arrest people if they use a gun to commit a crime and we can already arrest felons if they are simply caught in possession of a gun....we can do those things without licensing any gun owner, registering any gun and Universal background checks will be gotten around by criminals the same way criminals get around current mandatory background checks...

Nice strawman.

Not a strawman, the truth.....just look at what wry and the others say everytime....they want laws that "prevent' gun crime.......and I just pointed out how stupid they are....

Ah yes, that is what we need. More guns out there.

Shootings at movie theater, we need more guns. Shootings at a grade school, we need more guns out there. Shootings at a college, we need more guns on the street. More guns, and we are continually putting more guns out there, and, continually, there are more shootings. So we need more guns out there.

Perhaps there is something wrong with the formula?

You're missing my point. I'm agreeing with Wry - laws don't exist to prevent crime, they exist to punish crime.

But the punishment never deters the crime, hence the shooting in Oregon today, the shooting in Charleston and Columbine and Sandy Hook or Aurora...and so on. Like you said, Laws exist to punish crime, however they don't prevent crime, and it matters not one iota if someone is punished under them. The crime still happens.

Why? What good are gun free zones and gun control laws like background checks if they don't stop tragedies like this one? Even with those things in place, 13 people still died.

What are you getting at?

Deep but I bet this went over most peoples heads.

Then, I suggest you point that remark in Wry's direction. He was the one who said "Laws do not prevent crime." Yet here he is trying to push for gun control legislation, ergo, more laws that "do not prevent crime."

No...you are missing the point...Wry want gun laws that "prevent" gun crime.....and the only people he is concerned with punishing is normal people who want to own and carry a gun for self defense.

:lol:

I suggest you go back and read his post again.

I read his drivel everytime he posts.......you need to read his other posts....then you would see how stupid he actually is....

What are you getting at?

But again...that is not what the anti gunners want...they want guns laws to "prevent" gun crime...and no gun law does that...not licensing gun owners, not registering guns and not even Universal background checks...

And we can already punish criminals who use guns and felons who possess or use guns without any new gun laws needed....

You can repeat your strawman as many times as you like, it won't stop being a strawman.

What are you getting at?

Wow...now you anti gunners embrace the concept that laws can't prevent crime.....you just need to understand that that also means they can't prevent gun crime....try to get that through your heads and we may finally get you to see the truth...

But the punishment never deters the crime, hence the shooting in Oregon today, the shooting in Charleston and Columbine and Sandy Hook or Aurora...and so on. Like you said, Laws exist to punish crime, however they don't prevent crime, and it matters not one iota if someone is punished under them. The crime still happens.

How do you know that the punishment "never" deters the crime?

Are you saying that not a single person in the US has ever been stopped from killing someone by gun laws?

I'm interested in seeing how you back that claim up.

You obviously dont get human nature. Make something against the law and most people will begin to conform. Thats why most people dont run around having shootouts at high noon anymore.

• Former US Marshal: Oregon Gunman Chose ‘Gun Free Facility’ with Umpqua Community College
    breitbart ^ | 10/1/15 | ar hawkins
    During an October 1 appearance on CNN’s Newroom, former US Marshal Art Roderick said the gunman at Oregon’s Umpqua Community College probably chose his target by knowing it was as gun free-zone and therefore “an easy target.” Roderick’s exact words: “[The gunman] probably knew that the facility was a gun free facility, [which is] an easy target for these kinds of coward individuals. They know they’re not going to get any response unless they happen to run into security or a campus police officer.” Roderick went on to explain that the key for investigators right now is ascertaining the gunman’s...
Just like shooting FISH IN A BARREL, HAPPENS ALL THE TIME...when will the LEFT ever get common sense and have people with carry permits all over these schools?

What are you getting at?

Wow...now you anti gunners embrace the concept that laws can't prevent crime.....you just need to understand that that also means they can't prevent gun crime....try to get that through your heads and we may finally get you to see the truth...
They cant prevent crime. I can get a gun with no problem and no paperwork all cash. I am not anti gun. Obviously you dont get that the prescence of such laws have an effect on people that wish to avoid jail time. Those laws will never prevent crime because some people are going to commit them regardless. The aim is to get most people not to be criminals.

Forum List

Back