🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING: Mass school shooting multiple victims

Holy crap Obama is pissed off...

You guys watch this stuff?

will he be as mad if it turns out the shooter was a muslim? or will he get quiet real quick......and then they will say it was simply workplace violence.....

most mass shootings are done with legal guns.
Yes and thus why MORE laws will not stop them.

actually, greater difficulty obtaining guns WOULD keep them from having weapons. so i'm not quite sure how you figure that.
It is not difficult for criminals to get firearms but you would make it hard for the law abiding to do the same? When it is proven over and over it does not stop crime or murder? Talk about STUPID.

it's also not difficult to violate laws against murder.

it's also not difficult to violate laws against burglary and theft.

it's also not difficult to violate laws against drugs.

does that mean we should throw up our hands and say "well, they're going to be violated anyway, so screw it".?
Look you loon we have a PROTECTED Constitutional RIGHT to firearms. You don't like that? Change the Constitution.

But the Second is NOT sacrosanct, nor should it be.

Your NRA/GOP perfect world.

When will Oregon outlaw murder?

A dozen or so people die in a shooting and they lose their collective minds....meanwhile over 3,000 innocents murdered by abortion today and they don't bat an eye.
99% less than 3 months along, NOT murder according to the SC. Take a break, chump of the greedy idiot megarich GOP.

Meh...go to hell, moon bat

Laws do not prevent crime, crimes are punished and that is what keeps society relatively safe.

Okay. Laws do not prevent crime, ergo gun control laws do not stop gun violence from happening. Therefore gun control laws, and gun free zones are pointless. If laws are pointless, it doesn't matter how many times someone is punished.

Thanks for making my case.

By that logic, laws against murder are pointless too. After all, people still commit murder, even though it's illegal.

That's an asinine argument.

Why? What good are gun free zones and gun control laws like background checks if they don't stop tragedies like this one? Even with those things in place, 13 people still died.

What good are laws against murder, if people still murder?
What good are laws against rape, if people still rape?
What good are laws against jaywalking, if people still jaywalk?

...and so on, for every single law that has ever existed.

By that logic, laws against murder are pointless too. After all, people still commit murder, even though it's illegal.

Then, I suggest you point that remark in Wry's direction. He was the one who said "Laws do not prevent crime." Yet here he is trying to push for gun control legislation, ergo, more laws that "do not prevent crime."

The guyn grabbers are frothing at the mouth.
These shameless libs never hesitate to politicize a tragic event.
Libs suck. Everything they say and do is for political gain.....

Why? What good are gun free zones and gun control laws like background checks if they don't stop tragedies like this one? Even with those things in place, 13 people still died.

What are you getting at?

Then, I suggest you point that remark in Wry's direction. He was the one who said "Laws do not prevent crime." Yet here he is trying to push for gun control legislation, ergo, more laws that "do not prevent crime."

You're missing my point. I'm agreeing with Wry - laws don't exist to prevent crime, they exist to punish crime.

Laws do not prevent crime, crimes are punished and that is what keeps society relatively safe.

Okay. Laws do not prevent crime, ergo gun control laws do not stop gun violence from happening. Therefore gun control laws, and gun free zones are pointless. If laws are pointless, it doesn't matter how many times someone is punished.

What the anti gunners say is that we need gun laws to "prevent" gun crimes.......they want the Tom Cruise movie "Minority Report," where gun crimes are prevented before they occur....that is why they think licensing gun owners, registering guns and universal background checks will "prevent" gun crime....

But none of those things does anything to prevent gun crime...they don't even help solve gun crime...

We can already arrest people if they use a gun to commit a crime and we can already arrest felons if they are simply caught in possession of a gun....we can do those things without licensing any gun owner, registering any gun and Universal background checks will be gotten around by criminals the same way criminals get around current mandatory background checks...

151001164312-12-oregon-shooting-exlarge-169.jpg

151001170201-13-oregon-shooting-exlarge-169.jpg

151001171616-19-oregon-shooting-exlarge-169.jpg

What are you getting at?

Laws don't exist to prevent crime, they exist to punish it.

You're missing my point. I'm agreeing with Wry - laws don't exist to prevent crime, they exist to punish crime.

No...you are missing the point...Wry want gun laws that "prevent" gun crime.....and the only people he is concerned with punishing is normal people who want to own and carry a gun for self defense.

What the anti gunners say is that we need gun laws to "prevent" gun crimes.......they want the Tom Cruise movie "Minority Report," where gun crimes are prevented before they occur....that is why they think licensing gun owners, registering guns and universal background checks will "prevent" gun crime....

But none of those things does anything to prevent gun crime...they don't even help solve gun crime...

We can already arrest people if they use a gun to commit a crime and we can already arrest felons if they are simply caught in possession of a gun....we can do those things without licensing any gun owner, registering any gun and Universal background checks will be gotten around by criminals the same way criminals get around current mandatory background checks...

Nice strawman.

Forum List

Back