Breaking News and Confirmed: Arizona Senate Passes Presidential Eligibility Bill 21-9

Sadly, your flaccid attempts at psychoanalysis will not give you a daytime TV show. Dr Phil has that market cornered.

Oh good, I really didn't want to quit my day job anyway...

Still, y'all are in a panic about the Arizona bill, there must be some reason. If the Gov. signs it, which has about a 100% chance of happening, it will be law. Your inability to grasp the constitution notwithstanding, the states have the authority to specify the qualifications of candidates, so you'll have to comply or have your Messiah® removed from the Arizona ballot. Not really a bid deal, Obama wouldn't win Arizona under any circumstance.

The rightwingnuts in Arizona will lose in court......they always do

That's what happens when you ignore the Constitution

No what Arizona is saying that anyone on the ballot in Arizona will have to produce a long form BC to be allowed on the ballot.

If it were some controversy about not enough names on a ballot, etc, this would not be an issue, but Arizona is basically claiming the right to overturn the "the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings" of the state of Hawaii, which is specifically forbidden in the Constitution

Are you talking about the "GOOD AND PLENTY CLAUSE" :eusa_whistle::lol:

I'm talking about Article IV, Sections 1 and 2, which specifically say that no state has the power to overturn the public acts, records and judicial proceedings of another state.

So, since Hawaii has officially confirmed, multiple times, that it has reviewed Mr Obama's paperwork, and determined that Mr Obama is a Citizen, then Arizona would be breaking the law if they tried to claim otherwise.

The only governmental body that would have the right to do that is the US Congress, as per the Constitution.

And that document Hawaii has verified was never accepted by the state registrar of 1961. It's invalid. He needs to present the long form.

No what Arizona is saying that anyone on the ballot in Arizona will have to produce a long form BC to be allowed on the ballot.

If it were some controversy about not enough names on a ballot, etc, this would not be an issue, but Arizona is basically claiming the right to overturn the "the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings" of the state of Hawaii, which is specifically forbidden in the Constitution

Are you talking about the "GOOD AND PLENTY CLAUSE" :eusa_whistle::lol:

I'm talking about Article IV, Sections 1 and 2, which specifically say that no state has the power to overturn the public acts, records and judicial proceedings of another state.

So, since Hawaii has officially confirmed, multiple times, that it has reviewed Mr Obama's paperwork, and determined that Mr Obama is a Citizen, then Arizona would be breaking the law if they tried to claim otherwise.

The only governmental body that would have the right to do that is the US Congress, as per the Constitution.

And Arizona will recognize Hawaii's long form BC see how that works? It's not unconstitutional.

Again what are ya'll afraid of? Those calling this bill unconstitutional seem to not have a problem with the unconstitutionality of obamacare, or obama extending the patriot act, or the bailout

So the nutters have brought their claims to court 72 times, and have lost 72 times, and you are wondering about the obsessions of the Obama supporters?

Wow, not even in the same zip code as true..

All I know is that if someone questioned my birth, I'd produce my birth certificate.

It doesn't seem like that big of a deal - other than to Obama and his worshipers.
I imagine the zip code comment was self-referential.

Toro was off. There have been 74 court cases, not 72.

All tossed, squashed and kaboshed. From the Supreme Court all the way down.

If Obama had been born 2 yrs earlier I wonder which state he would have picked to be his birthplace?

Even if Arizona passes this lame legislation, Obama can still provide his COLB and they will accept it as proof

They are too big pussies to do otherwise

This is much ado about nothing. Hawaii has already certified his birth. Arizona will probably accept Hawaii's certification of birth regardless of weather the certificate is long form or not. If the Republicans try to keep Obama off the ballot in Arizona, the Democrats will surely score points with voters in other states. Besides, Obama is very unlikely to carry Arizona.

LMFAO!!! I read the comments there by the libs-- OMG, TOO FUNNY!! They're freaking out, spewing and cracked lips- worried their messiah is done~ Liberals would rather the Constitution be usurped than give up power.. Make no mistake about it. Oh well-- TOOO BAD! I'd say that's checkmate once the House passes it.. DingleBarry will HAVE to show a legal BC or not run. Hahahahahahahaha LOLOL Ohhh, it's just too good.

That's something.

The law won't stand up to the Constitution and you talk about usurped?

Why won't the law stand up to the Constitution? It's part of it.

This is much ado about nothing. Hawaii has already certified his birth. Arizona will probably accept Hawaii's certification of birth regardless of weather the certificate is long form or not. If the Republicans try to keep Obama off the ballot in Arizona, the Democrats will surely score points with voters in other states. Besides, Obama is very unlikely to carry Arizona.

That is a very good point

What would be the nationwide reaction to the GOP if they had him pulled from the ballot in Arizona?

Bet there would be hell to pay at all levels of Government

Even if Arizona passes this lame legislation, Obama can still provide his COLB and they will accept it as proof

They are too big pussies to do otherwise

The document obama has is not the long form, nor was it accepted by the state registrar of 1961

And that document Hawaii has verified was never accepted by the state registrar of 1961. It's invalid. He needs to present the long form.

False.

Hawaii confirmed two years ago that it had checked the paperwork and everything was in order.

A statement was made by the appropriate officials.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/28/politics/main5193109.shtml

Therefore, to attempt to usurp the decision-making powers of the state of Hawaii in this manner is unconstitutional, and illegal.

obama doesn't have to run on an Arizona ballot, he could by-pass the state, but how many people in other states would vote for him if he was not on the Arizona ballot because he did not want to show his long form BC? I would say that would be the biggest mistake anyone could ever think of doing.

False.

Hawaii confirmed two years ago that it had checked the paperwork and everything was in order.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/28/politics/main5193109.shtml

Therefore, to attempt to usurp the decision-making powers of the state of Hawaii in this manner is unconstitutional, and illegal.

Hawaii confirmed a document that was never accepted by the state registrar in 1961.

And Arizona will recognize Hawaii's long form BC see how that works? It's not unconstitutional.

You're missing the point.

Hawaii doesn't have to present shit.

All they have to do is confirm that he is a natural-born citizen and BAM, he's a natural born citizen.

The only governmental bodies that can contradict the authority of the State of Hawaii on this matter is the Supreme Court of the United States, or the US Congress.

Both have already reviewed the paperwork and found it acceptable.

Therefore, if Arizona attempts to enforce this law over the objections of Hawaii, they will be performing an illegal act. I imagine that any election official that attempts to print ballots without Obama's name on it will be arrested and jailed.

False.

Hawaii Confirms Obama's Birthplace, Again - CBS News

You're just another cheating, thieving Jew who thinks he knows better than others how to run their own lives, so fuck off, Izzzy.

Hawaii confirmed a document that was never accepted by the state registrar in 1961.

And, finally, to put the nail in the coffin, Congress has already passed a resolution that closes the matter:

From the linked article:

it appears Congress has moved on and has accepted Obama's island birthplace. The U.S. House on Monday unanimously approved a resolution recognizing and celebrating the 50th anniversary of Hawaii becoming the 50th state. A clause was included that reads: "Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii on August 4, 1961."

Whoomp. There it is.

False.

Hawaii Confirms Obama's Birthplace, Again - CBS News

You're just another cheating, thieving Jew who thinks he knows better than others how to run their own lives, so fuck off, Izzzy.

That is enough stop and move along.

Not Jewish, and not "Izzy", whoever that is.

Though I do find this comment to be unbelievably offensive. Hopefully it was meant sarcastically.

Forum List

Back