Breaking News and Confirmed: Arizona Senate Passes Presidential Eligibility Bill 21-9

Yet it's you leftists who are convinced that Obama won't be able to produce a valid COLB. I figured he would be able to produce one.

I engaged due to the stupidity of your fellow leftist who in their panic made claims that "it's unconstitutional." Well no, it's specifically constitutional - so why are KOS and the other hate sites in such a panic? Why are they programming the drones with such stupid lines? What is it that the hate sites and their masters at the DNC know that we don't? Why does this warrant anything more than a yawn?

Or maybe they'll require ID to vote? If there was a national requirement to show ID, would a democrat ever be elected again? I mean, Sallow could only vote one time per election, no illegals... Damn...

Hey, you're the one who voted for Barack Obama, not me.
:rolleyes:

He's already produced a valid birth certificate.

I don't understand the rightwingloons on this...always pretending to be for state's rights and against useless laws. As usual, your principles are dictated by your emotions.

Did you know that the AP is a 'birther' organization???

This AP report refers to "Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful....."

Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate

"Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.

The allegations that horrified fellow Republicans and caused his once-promising candidacy to implode in four short days have given Obama a clear lead as Republicans struggled to fetch an alternative.

Ryan’s campaign began to crumble on Monday following the release of embarrassing records from his divorce. In the records, his ex-wife, Boston Public actress Jeri Ryan, said her former husband took her to kinky sex clubs in Paris, New York and New Orleans."

Can ya' beat that??
OMG!!! You've convinced me! Obama is a Kenyan.

:lol:

I don't understand the rightwingloons on this...always pretending to be for state's rights and against useless laws. As usual, your principles are dictated by your emotions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kenyan-born US Senate hopeful, Barrack Obama, appeared set to take over the Illinois Senate seat after his main rival, Jack Ryan, dropped out of the race on Friday night amid a furor over lurid sex club allegations.

The allegations that horrified fellow Republicans and caused his once-promising candidacy to implode in four short days have given Obama a clear lead as Republicans struggled to fetch an alternative.

Ryan’s campaign began to crumble on Monday following the release of embarrassing records from his divorce. In the records, his ex-wife, Boston Public actress Jeri Ryan, said her former husband took her to kinky sex clubs in Paris, New York and New Orleans."

Can ya' beat that??
OMG!!! You've convinced me! Obama is a Kenyan.

:lol:

Actually, since popularity has fallen to such low levels, Kenyans are swearing he was bornin the United States!

The statement wasn't about the electoral process, it was about the requirements of the bill to appear as a Candidate.

Which is part of the electoral process which is the purvey of the states per the U.S. Constitution.

The hate sites have programmed you poorly.

Could shoot you and watch you bleed.

Go for it.....

Funny, I'm not bleeding.

In any event, I think you're missing the point, which is that the birth certificate Obama already has is evidence to his citizenship, attested to by the state of Hawaii, and is a presentation of HI's vital records.

Then you and the other drones have nothing to worry about - you Messiah® is safe.

Thus, the burden will fall on AZ when this law is challenged in court to show their own evidence that Obama, or any given person who might end up in his shoes, is not a citizen, or at least that his citizenship cannot be reasonably determined from that birth certificate.

Nope.

No more than the burden falls on a cop to show evidence that you do not have a license or registration.

Again, the hate sites have programmed you drones to panic over this, and fed you some of the most absurd nonsense to spew. What is the party so afraid of?

That's an outright lie. I just recently got a new license from my new state, and my BC has even less than Obama's has.

No, that's a fact. When I took my daughter with an abstract copy, the California DMV rejected it and I had to go to the hall of records to get a certified original.

I don't know what your "new state" is, but chances are an existing license from a different state was the basis they issued on.

No, that's not all they've simply stipulated. They've gone further, and demanded that the records of other states been certain requirements. Arizona does not have the power to make such requirements.

They aren't requiring anything of other states, the candidate must provide proof of citizenship.

Sorry that you fear this will bar your Messiah®.

The constitution, apparently.

You know nothing of the constitution, nor do the hive leaders at the hate sites, who program you to spew what you spew.

The constitution empowers the many states to set the terms of elections.

One of the features of our republic which ensure liberty is the fact that presidential elections are not, and have never been national. Each state holds independent elections for president. The result of which is used to determine how the electors to the electoral college will vote.

That the states alone decide how to conduct elections is why some states, such as California can have a "winner take all" approach to electors, but others allocate based on the vote.

What angers you authoritarians of the left is that each state DOES have the liberty to conduct elections, which means that California and New York don't get to determine all presidential elections, which is what would happen if there were actually national elections. Smaller states would be completely shut out, which would thrill the fascist democrats but disenfranchise the once free people of those states.

Many states do not issue "long form" birth certificates.

They issue something.

Many states specifically issue "Certificates of Live Birth." Thus, the AZ law would make it impossible for probably around half of the US citizenry to comply.

Utter nonsense, your hive leaders don't know what they're talking about.

Yet it's you leftists who are convinced that Obama won't be able to produce a valid COLB. I figured he would be able to produce one.

I engaged due to the stupidity of your fellow leftist who in their panic made claims that "it's unconstitutional." Well no, it's specifically constitutional - so why are KOS and the other hate sites in such a panic? Why are they programming the drones with such stupid lines? What is it that the hate sites and their masters at the DNC know that we don't? Why does this warrant anything more than a yawn?

Or maybe they'll require ID to vote? If there was a national requirement to show ID, would a democrat ever be elected again? I mean, Sallow could only vote one time per election, no illegals... Damn...

Can ya' beat that??

I know you have an agenda, but surely you aren't this dense.

snopes.com: AP Reports Obama as 'Kenyan-Born'

Now bring on the "snopes is a liberal rag" talking points.

Can ya' beat that??

I know you have an agenda, but surely you aren't this dense.

snopes.com: AP Reports Obama as 'Kenyan-Born'

Now bring on the "snopes is a liberal rag" talking points.

PC is playing her "I can pull Liberals chain" routine

You are welcome to play

PC is playing her "I can pull Liberals chain" routine

You are welcome to play

Oh. Being post-call, that sounds like the absolute last thing I want to do.

That being said, I can respect the "pull people's chain" game.

However, making shit up basically only displays that you are a talentless ass clown at the game.

I'm not reading 390 posts, sorry, but the bottom line here is that although I know that among the mentally handicapped the birther issue can never be killed,

this bill, ironically, could do more towards killing it than anything.

If this bill becomes law, the administration will comply, the Arizona authorities will be forced to acknowledge that President Obama is eligible,

and that's that. The birthers can then go after the people who passed the law that the birthers WANTED.

You keep trying to argue about the state's choosing of their electors as if it were relevant here.

ROFL

Oh dude, you are too funny.

The hate sites have programmed you to recite words, but you haven't a hint of a clue what those words mean.

Uh sparky, the method of choosing electors IS the election. The reason the constitution doesn't specifically say "election" is that there was a very strong coalition which favored the state legislature directly appointing the electors, the logic being that the people had elected their representatives, and the representatives would determine the president.

What you don't grasp is that a state COULD legally appoint the electors with no popular vote at all. Thankfully, no state does that. The method of choosing electors in all 50 state (though Obama thinks it's 57) is election.

That method is 100% up to the states.

No, that's a fact. When I took my daughter with an abstract copy, the California DMV rejected it and I had to go to the hall of records to get a certified original.

I don't know what your "new state" is, but chances are an existing license from a different state was the basis they issued on.

Funny I was unaware Obama was ever a resident of California...

Also, are you saying that if Obama has a driver's license then he must have therefore presented the Illinois DMV a hospital copy of his birth certificate.

Because, if you are, then you've answered your own question...

So, congratulations, you've just argued yourself into a corner.

They aren't requiring anything of other states, the candidate must provide proof of citizenship.

Sorry that you fear this will bar your Messiah®.

Since other states provide said information, and make determinations as to whether said documentation is valid, they are in fact requiring something from another state. In addition, they are attempting to invalidate the citizenship status of anyone from another state that does not meet their documentation requirements.

Personally I'd love to see them try it, and watch every blue state in the country invalidate the citizenship of every single Arizonian. Perhaps they could base their claims on how close one lives to a point on the Mexican border. After all, that would be just as valid.

Oh, and if you are trying to make left-wing types upset with your "Messiah" jibe, your failing horribly, not only is it just moronic, but it reminds people how you all idolize Ronald Reagan to the point of a religion.

You know nothing of the constitution, nor do the hive leaders at the hate sites, who program you to spew what you spew.

The constitution empowers the many states to set the terms of elections.

It does indeed. And every state in the Union adheres to a set of unofficial rules on that point. Mainly because, if they don't, they will be sued for disenfranchisement by their own citizens.

And that still doesn't allow them to create a LAW enforcing an unconstitutional policy, which is what this conversation is about.

One of the features of our republic which ensure liberty is the fact that presidential elections are not, and have never been national. Each state holds independent elections for president. The result of which is used to determine how the electors to the electoral college will vote.

That the states alone decide how to conduct elections is why some states, such as California can have a "winner take all" approach to electors, but others allocate based on the vote.

What angers you authoritarians of the left is that each state DOES have the liberty to conduct elections, which means that California and New York don't get to determine all presidential elections, which is what would happen if there were actually national elections. Smaller states would be completely shut out, which would thrill the fascist democrats but disenfranchise the once free people of those states.

However, if one state were to decide a completely unfair method to decide who wins their elections, there's nothing to stop other states from following suit in the opposite direction.

Nothing that is except the factor that stops all states from doing this in the first place, and that is the threat of a massive class-action suit by every member of the disenfranchised party, which, in Arizona, would be about 1.1 million people.

They issue something.

Many states specifically issue "Certificates of Live Birth." Thus, the AZ law would make it impossible for probably around half of the US citizenry to comply.

Utter nonsense, your hive leaders don't know what they're talking about.

Actually, you don't know what you're talking about. I have a certificate of live birth issued by my state sitting in the file cabinet right next to me.

Can ya' beat that??

Leave the humor to those of us who are qualified.

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice-President chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows:

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector.

The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

You keep trying to argue about the state's choosing of their electors as if it were relevant here. The AZ bill is not a statute that prescribes how the state shall choose its electors. There is already law establishing AZ will rely on a general election.

What the AZ bill does is provide a means to test the legal qualifications for a candidate to the Presidency. Its capacity to do so might itself be a question, but we may as well assume here that such a test is completely kosher. The legal qualifications for President of the United States include age requirements, residency requirements, and citizenship requirements. This bill specifically addresses the matter of citizenship. Any person born in the United States is a natural born citizen, and each state has its own methods of keeping and providing vital records which can be used to prove a person's citizenship.

Therefore, inasmuch as the bill in question tests the legal qualifications of a person to hold the office of President, and does not prescribe by what manner the state shall choose its electors, and inasmuch as the state of AZ's actual method of choosing its electors is not at all changed by the bill, the constitutionality of the bill rests on whether the state of AZ has the power set for itself rules by which the records of other states will be proved to AZ.

What the AZ bill does is provide a means to test the legal qualifications for a candidate to the Presidency.
Exactly what is wrong with a state doing that? Shall we allow castro to become presicnt of the United Staes of America because he somehoew got a BC from hawaii or any other state?

Personally I'm not defending Obama, my issue with the law has nothing to do with Obama.

The why the short skirt, pom-poms and blouse with a giant "O" emblazoned on it?

It has to do with the Constitution.

Problem is, we use the United States constitution out in these parts.

You should be supportive of this bill.

I support the fundamental concept that ALL candidates for elective office must provide documented evidence that they meet the requirements to hold that office as defined by the Federal Constitution, State Constitution, or applicable statutory law.

So you support this bill 100%.

Why didn't you just say so?

You keep trying to argue about the state's choosing of their electors as if it were relevant here.

ROFL

The hate sites have programmed you to recite words, but you haven't a hint of a clue what those words mean.

Uh sparky, the method of choosing electors IS the election. The reason the constitution doesn't specifically say "election" is that there was a very strong coalition which favored the state legislature directly appointing the electors, the logic being that the people had elected their representatives, and the representatives would determine the president.

What you don't grasp is that a state COULD legally appoint the electors with no popular vote at all. Thankfully, no state does that. The method of choosing electors in all 50 state (though Obama thinks it's 57) is election.

The Arizona legislature passed a LAW, denying the right to run for president in their state, to people from other states who are perfectly qualified to run.

This is not an "Elector" issue. Arizona can choose whatever electors they want (again though, they will be sued if they mess with that too much), but they CANNOT WRITE A LAW THAT CREATES REQUIREMENTS TO BE AN AMERICAN CITIZEN FOR CITIZENS OF ANOTHER STATE.

Which is what they did, and that is the reason for this entire thread.

ROFL

Outstanding don't you think?

Ariz. Legislature OKs presidential 'birther' bill

News from The Associated Press

I'm not reading 390 posts, sorry, but the bottom line here is that although I know that among the mentally handicapped the birther issue can never be killed,

this bill, ironically, could do more towards killing it than anything.

If this bill becomes law, the administration will comply, the Arizona authorities will be forced to acknowledge that President Obama is eligible,

and that's that. The birthers can then go after the people who passed the law that the birthers WANTED.

Great and will he present the specified long form or will he dodge the state electorial ballot?

Forum List

Back