Breaking News Benghazi

Can the moderators combine all of the Ben-Gotcha threads into this one collective cesspoll of GOP angst?

What the hell is wrong with you? :eusa_sick: How can ANYBODY, no matter how far they've got their heads up Barack Obama's backside not be offended at the senseless deaths of these four Americans? They didn't have to die! They shouldn't have died.

At every step of the way, this administration REFUSED to do the right thing. There was all kinds of warning that the situation on the ground had deteriorated, but instead of putting more security in, they took some away. It was the anniversary of 9/11, but instead of having our forces at alert status, they weren't at the ready. When the attack commenced, they sent no help. And when it was over, they deflected to the ridiculous video meme.

It's been over SEVEN WEEKS. There's no excuse for the way they've continued to stonewall on what really happened in Benghazi. Clearly, they're kicking the can down the road in order to try and fool as many voters as they can ahead of this election. And frankly, American voters DESERVE full disclosure as it pertains to Barack Obama's competence. He fucked this thing up at every step of the way, and not only did four Americans pay with their lives, we've yet to see the effects on the region after having allowed a SUCCESSFUL 9/11 attack. This has emboldened our enemies and will quite likely serve to further destabilize Libya.

Please...you are upsetting Candycorn...
It's messing with her positive feeling about the anointed one.
We are sending out negative waves as we demand answers to our murdered fellow Americans.

Mother of State Dept. Official Killed in Benghazi: ‘I Believe Obama Murdered My Son’
The Blaze ^ | Nov. 2, 2012 | Jason Howerton

Sean Smith’s Mother Patricia Smith: ‘I believe Obama Murdered My Son’ | TheBlaze.com

The families of the four Americans killed in the terrorist attack on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi on Sept. 11 continue to grieve, however, they are also continuing to speak out.

A father and a mother used the word “murder” when discussing the Obama administration’s response to the attack while an older brother of one of the victims is not questioning the decisions made in the heat of battle, UT San Diego reports.

Patricia Smith, the mother of Sean Smith, a State Department computer wiz killed in the assault, told the paper that she blames President Barack Obama for the death of her son.

“I believe that Obama murdered my son,” she told UT San Diego from the living room of her Clairemont home. “I firmly believe this.”

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Funny, can't find that direct quote in the 'Blaze' article or the other linked source.

She never said that I guess.

Nothing to see here...

Funny, can't find that direct quote in the 'Blaze' article or the other linked source.

Nothing to see here...

Can you see it now?
The families of three Americans killed in the Sept. 11 U.S. consulate attack in Benghazi, Libya, are offering widely different reactions to recent reports that U.S. personnel issued several requests for help that were turned down.

Patricia Smith, the mother of slain State Department employee Sean Patrick Smith, is now blaming President Barack Obama for her son’s death.

“I believe that Obama murdered my son,” she said Thursday from the living room of her Clairemont home. “I firmly believe this.”

Patricia Smith, who voted for Obama in 2008 at the insistence of her son, said reporting by Fox News is the basis for much of her belief that Obama is ultimately responsible for her son’s death. She said Sean, who went to Mission Bay High School but lived abroad, was a fervent supporter of the president.
https://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/nov/02/tp-families-differ-on-us-response/?page=1#article

Nothing to see here...

Can you see it now?
The families of three Americans killed in the Sept. 11 U.S. consulate attack in Benghazi, Libya, are offering widely different reactions to recent reports that U.S. personnel issued several requests for help that were turned down.

Patricia Smith, the mother of slain State Department employee Sean Patrick Smith, is now blaming President Barack Obama for her son’s death.

“I believe that Obama murdered my son,” she said Thursday from the living room of her Clairemont home. “I firmly believe this.”

Patricia Smith, who voted for Obama in 2008 at the insistence of her son, said reporting by Fox News is the basis for much of her belief that Obama is ultimately responsible for her son’s death. She said Sean, who went to Mission Bay High School but lived abroad, was a fervent supporter of the president.
https://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/nov/02/tp-families-differ-on-us-response/?page=1#article

No, he can't. HazNoNuts cannot see the truth. Unless the information comes from a source with a D in there someplace, it doesn't exist for him.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
I just don't understand why they didn't pull our people out.

Classified cable shows Benghazi consulate considered suspending operations, moving in with CIA
By Catherine Herridge, Pamela Browne
Published November 02, 2012
FoxNews.com
The State Department's senior representative at the consulate told those at the Aug. 15 meeting that the security situation was "trending negatively" and reported "this daily pattern of violence would be the 'new normal' for the foreseeable future, particularly given the minimal capabilities" of the Libyan security forces.
With no apparent reason to believe conditions would improve, the cable notified the office of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that the "Emergency Action Committee" was updating "Post's tripwires in light of the deteriorating security situation ... to include a 'suspension of operations' section."
The term "tripwire" refers to lines in the sand which, if crossed, cover personnel levels, security measures, and in this case, the extreme step of suspending operations.
The cable marked "SECRET" also said, of the possibility of moving the consulate operations: "Mission personnel could co-locate to the Annex (CIA outpost) if the security environment degraded suddenly. ... (There was agreement) to formal weekly meetings to discuss the security environment. ... In the longer term, we believe formal collocation with the (Annex) will greatly improve our security situation."
The warnings reflected a grave concern among officials on the ground that the Libyan militia charged with protecting the consulate had been compromised, perhaps even infiltrated by extremists.

Read more: Exclusive: Classified cable shows Benghazi consulate considered suspending operations, moving in with CIA | Fox News

Did it occur to you that there wouldn't be rumors if the Obama administration were being upfront with the American people.?

There'd still be rumors, would him saying anything outright change the fact that Fox or anyone else can get "Unnamed sources" to cry fowl and present a competing version of the same subject? He had a spokesman say that they did not deny any request for assistance- and that's scoffed at by folks on here all the time. If he'd said it, would that change the reaction; personally I think it'd only make it worse.

There's an investigation, and if the outcome jives with the Presidents accounts... he's at least got a chance of silencing the last vehement folks since the words are coming from a separate entity. Anyone who isn't satisfied after that, by the answers in the report there- wasn't going to be fine with anything short of a total agreement with what they think happened.

So... basically the administration is going to investigate itself.... AGAIN. Gee, wonder if they'll figure out that the anniversary of 9/11 would be a pretty good time to beef up security in places where there are KNOWN enclaves of unfriendlies like... oh, I dunno.... al Qaeda and Ansar al-Sharia??? :rolleyes:

I can't BELIEVE you people think anybody's going to fall for that. At the bottom line, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton managed to get us hit on 9/11 again. And all due to their own incompetence and stupidity. Our Libyan ambassador is DEAD and three other Americans with him.... because of incompetence and stupidity. There's no "investigation" which can change that.

Well of course, that's the best way for all fraudsters to deal with accusations, they investigate themselves don't ya know. Jeez, you think they will really ask questions?:eusa_whistle:

Stunning new finding !...

Cambridge, Mass. — Celebrated historian Bertram Oxley has uncovered a memorandum from former Japanese Emperor Hirohito to Admiral Yamamoto dated December 6, 1941, showing that the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor was motivated by an offensive film made by Charlie Chaplin ridiculing Japanese cuisine.

“Contrary to historical accounts over the last seventy years,” Professor Oxley said in an interview today with the BBC, “What appeared to be a meticulously planned surprise attack was actually a spontaneous demonstration by moderate sushi connoisseurs in the Imperial Navy in response to a hateful and offensive movie. Thereafter, extremist elements within the Japanese military co-opted the spontaneous attack, transforming it into the overseas contingency operation sometimes referred to as ‘World War II.’”

The discovery has created a sensation in scholarly circles. “This is a remarkable find,” declared Reginald Smythe, chairman of the Progressive Historians Association and former Obama State Department official. “Had President Roosevelt condemned this movie — instead of uttering that infernal ‘Day of Infamy’ provocation — the war could have been avoided and millions of lives would have been saved.”

Reached at his home in Houston , former President George H. W. Bush, a naval aviator in the Pacific during the war, expressed skepticism. “It’s simply inconceivable that the Japanese First Air Fleet, with six aircraft carriers, could have staged a spur of the moment attack on an island thousands of nautical miles from the Japanese homeland with such stealth and precision.” Most experts dismissed Mr. Bush’s remarks, however, since it’s widely understood that World War II was primarily his son’s fault.

White House spokesman Jay Carney, asked this afternoon about the memo’s discovery stated, “Of course, hindsight’s 20-20. But one can only wonder how much pain and suffering could have been averted had FDR simply apologized to Hirohito at the outset.”

“Fortunately,” Carney continued, waving off questions from White House reporters anxious to return to questions about Mitt Romneys grooming habits, “We’ve evolved to a more sophisticated strategy of ' leading-from-behind,' so we’re unlikely to repeat the disastrous mistakes of the past."

Security officials on the ground in Libya challenge CIA account
By Adam Housley
Published November 03, 2012
FoxNews.com

Despite a carefully narrated version of events rolled out late this week by the CIA claiming agents jumped into action as soon as they were notified of calls for help in Benghazi, security officials on the ground say calls for help went out considerably earlier -- and signs of an attack were mounting even before that.
The accounts, from foreign and American security officials in and around Benghazi at the time of the attack, indicate there was in fact a significant lag between when the threat started to show itself and help started to arrive.

Both American and British sources say multiple roadblocks set up by fighters believed to be with Ansar al-Sharia were in place in Benghazi several hours before the 9:40 p.m. timeline and that communications also alluded to "heavily armed troops showing up with artillery." Fox News was told by both American and British contacts who were in Benghazi that night that the CIA timeline rolled out this past week is only "loosely based on the truth" and "doesn't quite add up."

Exclusive: Security officials on the ground in Libya challenge CIA account | Fox News

It's a good thing we have an "unbiased investigation" going on:eusa_eh:

soori20120306134835427.gif

America is a seething hotbed of “Islamophobia,” filled with ignorant racist rubes who irrationally fear the benign Muslim religion, according to the Obama administration’s lead investigator into the Benghazi atrocities.

So said former Ambassador Thomas R. Pickering in more polished, diplomatic language during an Oct. 23 panel discussion at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. The talk was on “what role the faith community can play in fighting Islamophobia,” a make-believe mental illness that Islamists would love to have listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Radical Islam’s stateside defenders frequently accuse anti-terrorism hawks of “McCarthyism,” hurling the epithet “Islamophobe” the same way American leftists use the word “racist” to shut down debate.

Pickering’s pontifications came two and a half weeks after Secretary of State Hillary Clinton named him to head a State Department “Accountability Review Board” tasked with examining the circumstances surrounding the deaths on Sept. 11, 2012, the 11th anniversary of 9/11, of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, information management officer Sean Smith, and security personnel Glen Doherty, and Tyrone Woods at the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya

Benghazi Investigator Slams America and ‘Islamophobes’

State dept press release...

Libya: Formation of the Government

Press Statement
Victoria Nuland
Department Spokesperson, Office of the Spokesperson
Washington, DC

November 2, 2012

The United States congratulates the Libyan people on the formation of a government. This is a critical milestone in their democratic transition. We encourage the country’s leaders to build democratic and security institutions and to promote economic development and the rule of law. The Libyan people fought a difficult revolution in order to enjoy a democratic future with peace, security and prosperity. The United States looks forward to working closely with the new government and is committed to supporting the Libyan people during this historic transition.

Libya: Formation of the Government

Nothing to see here...

You have to look BELOW the pictures. I know words are difficult for you.

Because I listen to the commander on the ground Gen. Ham, along with Gen. Dempsey, and Sec Panetta over FUAX News?

“(The) basic principle is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on; without having some real-time information about what’s taking place,” Panetta told Pentagon reporters. “And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.”

seenothin.jpg

You didn't listen to Gen Ham or General Dempsey. You listened to Leon Pannetta's words...

yes.

the buck stops there

seenothin.jpg
It is also where the lies begin.

Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later was denied by U.S. officials -- who also told the CIA operators twice to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to "stand down," according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to "stand down."

Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The rescue team from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.

At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Spectre gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights. The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours -- enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.

We've Moved From Colossal Incompetence To Actual Malice Of Forethought - Tea Party Nation

Forum List

Back