BREAKING NEWS--CA--Another Mass Shooting

BBC News - California drive-by gunman kills six in Santa Barbara

Just one more pointless idiot, made dangerous because he had a gun.

Yep, just another responsible gun owner, until he starts killing people. Gun ownership in America should be highly restricted.

It's highly restricted in Belgium and yet this happened today.

'Anti-Semitic' shooting at Jewish Museum in Brussels leaves 4 dead | Mail Online

And -- how often does that happen in Belgium then?

A small price to pay for a right to bear arms

Just ignore it, there will be another one in a week or two

Asshole was driving a BMW. How many could he kill just by driving into a bunch of them at high speed? Shit, had he done that down Del Playa on a party night he would have killed dozens.

The issue isn't guns and mental illness. It's mental illness. Had he got adequate treatment this all could have been avoided.

How do we get them treatment?

Like way too many others Rocko wants to run around putting fingers in the dyke, treating a million symptoms while ignoring a single disease.

Mentally ill people weren't just invented; they've always been with us. But regardless how stable or unstable somebody is, without a culture that's continuously yammering on and on about the idolatry of Almighty Gun, it wouldn't be what they use as a way out.

What's ironic Is gun violence and all types of violence are the symptoms, mental illness is the disease. Yes mentally I'll people have always been among us, but because of advances in psychiatry they are less dangerous to society and themselves than they were in the past. We need more research and better treatment.

BBC News - California drive-by gunman kills six in Santa Barbara

Just one more pointless idiot, made dangerous because he had a gun.

Yep, just another responsible gun owner, until he starts killing people. Gun ownership in America should be highly restricted.

'Anti-Semitic' shooting at Jewish Museum in Brussels leaves 4 dead | Mail Online

Racist

We need more government funding.

How is that going to happen? Have you seen the fight regarding obamacare? The right will never agree to help people with mental illness.

Well I don't speak for the right, but I do lean conservative, and I think neglecting people with mental illnesses happens far too often, and I would like to see the government take steps to help.

anyone notice these things seem to increase when there is a Democrat/progressive president in office?

things are so in the crapper for people, they're desperate

voice+of+the+loon+album+cover.jpg

A symptom of virulent irrational partisanship would be my diagnoses.

A small price to pay for a right to bear arms

Just ignore it, there will be another one in a week or two

Asshole was driving a BMW. How many could he kill just by driving into a bunch of them at high speed? Shit, had he done that down Del Playa on a party night he would have killed dozens.

True - he "could have" done any number of things that he didn't. Since we don't live in a drive-cars-into-people culture, that didn't occur to him.

Now if we had regular instances of cars driven into people and a drive-cars-into-people scene in every movie and a drive-cars-into-people scene in every TV cop show and drive-cars-into-people video games and a romanticized history of pioneers who drove cars into Indians and a powerful lobbying group protecting the Constitutional rights of people to drive on the sidewalk coming up with rationalizations of the practice every time a sidewalk driver was irresponsible enough to actually hurt somebody, well you might have an actual concern here.

Last edited:
Not to mention knives, clubs, fireplace pokers, fists, pillows, mattresses, cars, bathtubs, viruses, bacterium, etc, ad naseum........

Guess you got me there...
But since two thirds of murders use a gun, maybe we should start there and worry about the others once they become the weapon of choice for murderers

how about we just have Zero tolerance for violence committed by one against another no matter what kind of weapon is used and start putting those guilty of it away for a long time with NO chance of parole,you serve every minute....self defense not included....

Sorry,cant do that,it's racist! But I agree,commit a crime with a gun? 25 years without parole...mandatory. Kill someone with a gun while committing a crime? Death sentence.

The issue isn't guns and mental illness. It's mental illness. Had he got adequate treatment this all could have been avoided.

Like way too many others Rocko wants to run around putting fingers in the dyke, treating a million symptoms while ignoring a single disease.

Mentally ill people weren't just invented; they've always been with us. And still will be tomorrow, from directions we can't anticipate. But regardless how stable or unstable somebody is, without a culture that's continuously yammering on and on about the idolatry of Almighty Gun, it wouldn't be what they use as a way out.

But yeah, good luck with that game of whack-a-mole...

Post #47 ... http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...s-ca-another-mass-shooting-2.html#post9149693

Rocko is correct Pogo...there is NO shortage of field expedient weaponry available to this kind of mentally ill individual.

Homemade bombs, homemade chloramine gas, homemade napalm and thermite.

Head-on collision with a bus.

Simple gasoline.

Treating the mentally ill is the only solution.

Mentally ill people weren't just invented; they've always been with us. And still will be tomorrow, from directions we can't anticipate. But regardless how stable or unstable somebody is, without a culture that's continuously yammering on and on about the idolatry of Almighty Gun, it wouldn't be what they use as a way out.

But yeah, good luck with that game of whack-a-mole...

Post #47 ... http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...s-ca-another-mass-shooting-2.html#post9149693

Rocko is correct Pogo...there is NO shortage of field expedient weaponry available to this kind of mentally ill individual.

Homemade bombs, homemade chloramine gas, homemade napalm and thermite.

Head-on collision with a bus.

Simple gasoline.

Treating the mentally ill is the only solution.

Exactly!

I do agree with part of what Pogo is saying, in that part of our problem as a society is that we have a violent culture, but that's not the gun's fault, and in this case the underling problem is mental illness. This kid could have just as easily blown up a building.

Mentally ill people weren't just invented; they've always been with us. But regardless how stable or unstable somebody is, without a culture that's continuously yammering on and on about the idolatry of Almighty Gun, it wouldn't be what they use as a way out.

What's ironic Is gun violence and all types of violence are the symptoms, mental illness is the disease. Yes mentally I'll people have always been among us, but because of advances in psychiatry they are less dangerous to society and themselves than they were in the past. We need more research and better treatment.

Uh -- no dood, mental illness ain't the disease, as the point whooshes over yon head.
Mental illness is manifest in a thousand different ways, most of them nonviolent, most of them without firearms or even destruction. The disease is gun culture, if it really needs to be spelled out. The entire point is that the mentally ill are a constant. They were with us before firearms and they weren't mass-slaying people then.

But plug in the culture of Almighty Gun worship glorified at every turn every day, and voilà, you have an avenue of mass destruction for that mentally unstable person who's not only got access but is being encouraged to take that route in mental messages from a hundred different directions. "Guns are power", we're all told, and here's a person with personal power problems; do the math.

Now you can go ahead and try to find these mental cases before they happen. Again, rotsa ruck with that game of whack-a-mole. I just don't think throwing government mental health money at it is any more productive that throwing gun control legislation at it. Either way you're playing whack-a-mole.

And -- how often does that happen in Belgium then?

Nordine Amrani: Inside the home of crazed Liege killer who launched Belgium grenade attack | Mail Online

You didnt answer the question and no I'm not making excuses. I dont even like cops.

yet you are making excuses for them. i seriously doubt the number of wackjobs who post video's like this crazy person is that high. especially in isla vista. it is not the big of city. this should have been immediately investigated by the police. you have the guys family informing the police of their concerns and you want to pretend they have too many nut jobs to investigate this kid.

you'll whine about guns, yet give the cops a pass. pathetic.

You are all over the place and confused. I have several weapons and cant stand cops. Are you drunk already?

I dont care what you doubt I asked do know how many calls they probably get about stuff like this?

your question about calls is an excuse you ignorant tard. you are giving them an out by asking me how many calls.

i answered you and you can't respond because you know i'm right. they had weeks to deal with this and if you think that a family calling about their son should be ignored you are one stupid person. isla vista has less than 24,000 people. it is HIGHLY unlikely they get many calls like his family's phone call.

you once again show how ignorant you are.

Nothing. He was just feeling entitled.

That's the story so far, I'm sure. I'll be interested to see if it turns out that he was taking prescription drugs. It seems like these shooters are always taking something that was prescribed to them to "level them out."

Do you even understand antipsychotic medication prevents stuff like this from happening?? The reason why shooters like this are always taking medication is they're sick people. Many of the ones that do have episodes of violence are on the wrong medication or aren't taking the proper dosage, but that doesn't mean the medicine is making them kill. Remember we're not dealing with a perfect science yet, but there are people out there that are getting better with the help of doctors.

Some people get better, and some people get worse. There is, however, a correlation between crazy acts of violence like this and the use of psychotropic drugs, and it is further interesting to note that these shooting sprees have become more common in the age where these drugs have also become more common.

Forum List

Back