BREAKING NEWS: Federal Judge grants stay on Trump's Muslim ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as this is resolved, Trump is going to issue an EO directing that Muhammad Ali's body be shipped back to Africa. I'm sure that he will declare that Ali never should have come to the land of the free if he was going to be part of a dangerous cult.

American patriots must continue to march and protest against Trump's discriminatory aggression.

Am I the only one who graduated from 8 th grade here?

Only two factions can over ride a E. O.
The Supreme Court or congress
You may have graduated 8th grade, but I graduated law school and passed a Bar exam to obtain licensure and am sworn to defend and uphold the Constitution.

And everything you've posted as of page 8 of this thread about executive orders is, uh, WRONG.

Prove me wrong

I tend not to waste time arguing with people who are too lazy to actually read before making false assertions on the interwebs. It wouldn't take you but 15 minutes of Googling to determine that your claims about E.O.s being overturned and by whom are totally contrary to the facts of history. But then, you probably believe in alternative facts that support your fantasy that you are more learned about how the Constitution operates than anybody else here.

By the way, for all of you reading this thread, in case it wasn't already clarified (I got bored by page 9):

The stay applies nationally to all entry points to the USA and all immigration-related entities of the government. It prevents the removal (which is the same as refusal of entry) of ANY persons with valid Visas, green cards OR already approved refugee applications - even if they are not yet arrived. The stay is THE law until further action of the court, and stays are only granted when the court has reason to believe that the petitioner (in this case, the detained individuals and ALL OTHERS SIMILARLY SITUATED, i.e., who would be harmed by the E.O.) are likely under existing established law to prevail at further proceeding of the matter.

Fdr refused access to the Saint Louis.

And she was in our marinetime borders you stupid fuck

American patriots must continue to march and protest against Trump's discriminatory aggression.

You may have graduated 8th grade, but I graduated law school and passed a Bar exam to obtain licensure and am sworn to defend and uphold the Constitution.

And everything you've posted as of page 8 of this thread about executive orders is, uh, WRONG.

Curious timing of an appearance, two years six months 80 posts, Sock much?

bigskygalActive Member
Thanks Received:

Nope, I'm a genuine person and I don't lie about who I am or what I've done in this life, good & bad. Also I was really busy for several years upholding & defending the Constitution, mostly by prosecuting criminals and protecting the rights of individuals within our legal system.

I'm not the smartest lawyer in the Bar, but I know shitloads more than most of you about the way the judiciary operates and how judicial oversight of the other two branches of government actually functions. I consider it my civic duty to attempt to assist you now and then to understand what is happening as your equally clueless Drumpffuhrer attempts to undermine our constitutional rights.

I don't post here much because most of you are too closed-minded to bother replying to; you'd rather wallow in your fantastical ignorance than have actual dialogue with people who hold different opinions but are no less patriotic than you.

And for what it's worth, my maternal line traces back to the Mayflower, I'm a Bradford descendant and a DAR, my family shed blood to secure the founding of this country and preserve it through every military action since the Revolution. We were immigrants who found safe haven here, and I will fight for that opportunity for others to my dying breath.

I know lawyers who graduated from Harvard and Yale and half the time they don't know WTF they're talking about.
Oh yeah, they're kind of OK at theory but they suck at ad libbing any realm of law in which they aren't immersed.

Suuuuuure you know lawyers who graduated Harvard & Yale and don't know what they're talking about . . .
You are stating that with over 100 realms of law in the US every attorney sitting around the table who ISN'T immersed in that particular realm of law being discussed is going to know the law.
Are you a moron?
The best lawyers I know tell me they'll look it up and get back to me.

Well, until then, I guess that we are just going to have to continue to watch thousands of muslims celebrating in the streets about the fall of the towers.
I was watching CBS and there were dozens in Jersey dancing with joy.

bigskygalActive Member
Thanks Received:

Nope, I'm a genuine person and I don't lie about who I am or what I've done in this life, good & bad. Also I was really busy for several years upholding & defending the Constitution, mostly by prosecuting criminals and protecting the rights of individuals within our legal system.

I'm not the smartest lawyer in the Bar, but I know shitloads more than most of you about the way the judiciary operates and how judicial oversight of the other two branches of government actually functions. I consider it my civic duty to attempt to assist you now and then to understand what is happening as your equally clueless Drumpffuhrer attempts to undermine our constitutional rights.

I don't post here much because most of you are too closed-minded to bother replying to; you'd rather wallow in your fantastical ignorance than have actual dialogue with people who hold different opinions but are no less patriotic than you.

And for what it's worth, my maternal line traces back to the Mayflower, I'm a Bradford descendant and a DAR, my family shed blood to secure the founding of this country and preserve it through every military action since the Revolution. We were immigrants who found safe haven here, and I will fight for that opportunity for others to my dying breath.

And my background in Chicago politics says you are a lying bitch

bigskygalActive Member
Thanks Received:

We have some things in common, Big. We traced our ancestry to 1676 in Virginia, and my grandmother was also DAR. I still have the certificate on my wall.

I know lawyers who graduated from Harvard and Yale and half the time they don't know WTF they're talking about.
Oh yeah, they're kind of OK at theory but they suck at ad libbing any realm of law in which they aren't immersed.

Suuuuuure you know lawyers who graduated Harvard & Yale and don't know what they're talking about . . .
You are stating that with over 100 realms of law in the US every attorney sitting around the table who ISN'T immersed in that particular realm of law being discussed is going to know the law.
Are you a moron?
The best lawyers I know tell me they'll look it up and get back to me.

Well, until then, I guess that we are just going to have to continue to watch thousands of muslims celebrating in the streets about the fall of the towers.
I was watching CBS and there were dozens in Jersey dancing with joy.

It is not a problem. I know Joy, and she can keep that up all night. She has a lot of energy.

bigskygalActive Member
Thanks Received:

You're a girl.

Carry on.

bigskygalActive Member
Thanks Received:

So, you know all about the original 13th amendment....right????? Because if you are an alleged "blue blood"? This should be easy pickings for ya......and how, what, where was the original 13th amendment displaced and kicked to the dustbin of history and how does it tie into the charter of the first central bank? This should be child's play for you and shouldn't take any time for you to answer...no research, no "Google" search necessary....right????

bigskygalActive Member
Thanks Received:

Oh look - mature discussion of important issues facing the country we all love!

Ha ha - nope, just more Beavis/Butthead/Trump mentality. That's why I don't waste much time here, but rather post online where grown ups - of all political persuasions - gather. This place, sadly, is mostly a middle-school intellect level circle jerk of rabid reactionary tea party political 'thought'.

bigskygalActive Member
Thanks Received:

And we give a damn because...?

Prove me wrong

I tend not to waste time arguing with people who are too lazy to actually read before making false assertions on the interwebs. It wouldn't take you but 15 minutes of Googling to determine that your claims about E.O.s being overturned and by whom are totally contrary to the facts of history. But then, you probably believe in alternative facts that support your fantasy that you are more learned about how the Constitution operates than anybody else here.

By the way, for all of you reading this thread, in case it wasn't already clarified (I got bored by page 9):

The stay applies nationally to all entry points to the USA and all immigration-related entities of the government. It prevents the removal (which is the same as refusal of entry) of ANY persons with valid Visas, green cards OR already approved refugee applications - even if they are not yet arrived. The stay is THE law until further action of the court, and stays are only granted when the court has reason to believe that the petitioner (in this case, the detained individuals and ALL OTHERS SIMILARLY SITUATED, i.e., who would be harmed by the E.O.) are likely under existing established law to prevail at further proceeding of the matter.

Seems the approval just got revoked. Where is it written that the US can't disapprove refugee status once granted in the country of origin but before they enter the United States? Obama did this to both Iraqis who had visas to the United States and left Cubans in limbo by ending wet foot dry foot. The latter of the two is obviously a different scinerio. I didn't see the ACLU crying a river then.

bigskygalActive Member
Thanks Received:

Ha ha - nope, just more Beavis/Butthead/Trump mentality. That's why I don't waste much time here, but rather post online where grown ups - of all political persuasions - gather. This place, sadly, is mostly a middle-school intellect level circle jerk of rabid reactionary tea party political 'thought'.

I am more than your intellectual equal........a walking, talking encyclopedia of knowledge and I am more than willing to give you a shot at impressing me....thus far you have ignored my questions.....all valid and legit....having a tough time with "Google" search to find the answers???

bigskygalActive Member
Thanks Received:

Amen! You're a welcome breath of fresh air. Just remember that we're not all retarded homegrown NaziCon terrorists. They all graduated from MSU (Make Shit Up).

Last edited:
This will not end well for the judiciary. This judge is on the wrong side of history.

Not only will this be overturned, the judge may face impeachment and removal from the bench for bad behavior and/or overreach of authority.

NO where in the Constitution is a judge given authority to rule on immigration.

Dude, no. Just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back