Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

You want the freedom to pay $2 hr?

Once you realize that worker is in control over his wage, not business, we might get somewhere. That worker with the skill, assuming it is relevant, still commands a premium over that skill. Companies who want to attract, or retain his abilities need to offer more than the minimum.

You want the freedom to not have health or car insurance? But when you get sick we aren't free to deny you treatment?

You missed the part about "individual choice and personal responsibility".

You're putting health and car insurance in the same basket. OK. If you wanna drive car, you need insurance. If you wanna go to a doctor, you need an insurance. What you want is that person who doesn't have a car, pays for car insurance, right?
Nope! Because when you get sick or hurt you are going to call 911 and we have to help you regardless of your ability to pay.

They need a $100 a month option for people who just want to be covered for emergency.

And you guys would pay low skilled low education toyota and Honda line workers minimum wage if you weren't afraid they'd unionize. So unions even help toyota and Honda employees. And every other working american. No unions no middle class.

Sorry, but you can't have your slaves. American Workers are on the rise once again. And good for them. People like you have been shitting on them for years. It's about time they start catching some breaks.
Cut the slave shit

Anyone is free to leave a job where they don't think that are paid enough or treated well enough

If you want a better life get off your lazy whining fucking ass and make it better yourself instead of demanding that other people do it for you
Why dont mexicans do that in mexico? Oh yea because there arent any good jobs in mexico.

This is starting to happen in america. The young college educated kids working for less and ford jobs are now walmart jobs. Good luck getting into ford but walmarts hiring.

As a Nation, we're going backwards. Most Americans' futures look pretty dismal. We've lost our way. We went from having mostly good career jobs for our People, to most now settling for low wage temporary jobs, with almost no hope for the future. And that transformation happened pretty rapidly. So, is the American Dream still alive? I would have to say barely. It's on life support.

And why is that? Because the liberals sacrifice jobs and growth in virtually every policy they advocate. Thousands of jobs killing regulations pushing more and more jobs off-shore. Irrational global warming crap. Irrational hatred of fossil fuels. Then they kick growth in the groin with never ending tax increases. If the bunch of asshole liberals would get out of our way we could get this country back to work.

It's cheaper to manufacture offshore and corporations are being managed to make the most profit possible. The regulations you speak of are the ones which keep companies from polluting the water, soil and air - the things we need to protect to save human life on this planet. And also the regulations which keep workers from being killed as in that garment factory collapse in Bangladesh.

Those are the regulations you're complaining about. Things that keep people safe.

No matter how much right wingers like you deny it, climate change is real and there is much money to be made in the conversion to renewable energy but that would require investment and commitment and conservatives oppose change and always have.

Conservatives have been running the economy since Reagan was elected and jobs and middle class prosperity had been on the decline as corporations got larger and larger, and profit for the wealthy became the primary goal for corporations.

Conservative policies are destroying jobs, and transferring wealth to the top since 1981 all the while blaming the poor for their inability to earn a living wage.

Lets score your post shall we, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Wrong, wrong, WRONG wow, wrong, wrong. LIE, wrong, LIE, wrong, wrong. I'm afraid you didn't score too well, you are zero for 15 and anything below 6 is considered a flaming whacko liberal.

We went from having mostly good career jobs for our People, to most now settling for low wage temporary jobs, with almost no hope for the future. And that transformation happened pretty rapidly. So, is the American Dream still alive? I would have to say barely. It's on life support.

I would hate to think it is a dismal as it sounds.

For around 25% of us, things are pretty good. Thats still a lot of people.
For around another 25%, things are flat. Holding on. Kids could go either way. Up the ladder or down, depending in their decision making process.
For the next 50%, things could and do suck. If you can't read (millions of kids can't) and you can't process higher math, which we now suck at educating most kids to be able to do, then what the hell you gonna do with your life?
Work low wage, government subsided jobs. Or off the books low wage cash paying jobs.
Those folks are not having dreams, they're having nightmares. Don't know if it will get much better for them
Survival is much more important than dreaming.

When we got rid of so many jobs making all sorts of shit, we got rid of the natural step up employment for the lower class trying to live the dream.
If my job progression is where I work retail for a while, get a low level job in manuf, learn a skill while working in manufacturing, step up in pay for my skills etc, that's living the dream.

But if I got to go from low skill retail job and compete for a high skill job with no intermediary positions, that worker is screwed. He simply can't be hired for today's jobs.

So yea, a two class system seems to be developing based on lack of education and lack of opportunity.
We really need to bring back all sorts of manufacturing jobs. They (good jobs) are the engine of capitalism.
The Chinese know it, why the hell you think they worked so hard to get our jobs? LMAO.
25%, 25% and 50% and "millions" of kids who can't read. You excel pulling things out of your ass, but you can't get around the fact that what comes out of your ass is shit.
I do wish poor people would stop having so many kids. The answer is iud's.

You want the freedom to pay $2 hr?

Once you realize that worker is in control over his wage, not business, we might get somewhere. That worker with the skill, assuming it is relevant, still commands a premium over that skill. Companies who want to attract, or retain his abilities need to offer more than the minimum.

You want the freedom to not have health or car insurance? But when you get sick we aren't free to deny you treatment?

You missed the part about "individual choice and personal responsibility".

You're putting health and car insurance in the same basket. OK. If you wanna drive car, you need insurance. If you wanna go to a doctor, you need an insurance. What you want is that person who doesn't have a car, pays for car insurance, right?
Nope! Because when you get sick or hurt you are going to call 911 and we have to help you regardless of your ability to pay.

They need a $100 a month option for people who just want to be covered for emergency.

And you guys would pay low skilled low education toyota and Honda line workers minimum wage if you weren't afraid they'd unionize. So unions even help toyota and Honda employees. And every other working american. No unions no middle class.

9gj5vq.gif

It’s evident that those Demoncrats don’t have a clue about economics. They never think of the consequences of their “feel good policies.” Neither do they have a clue how a business is run and operated. Seems to me this should be a litmus test for elected officials

Seattle eateries closing as 15 minimum wage approaches Hot Air
Seattle eateries open and close all the time. To presume now that it must be because of minimum wage without even asking the actual restaurant owners why they are closing is just really fucking stupid.

We went from having mostly good career jobs for our People, to most now settling for low wage temporary jobs, with almost no hope for the future. And that transformation happened pretty rapidly. So, is the American Dream still alive? I would have to say barely. It's on life support.

For around another 25%, things are flat. Holding on. Kids could go either way. Up the ladder or down, depending in their decision making process.
For the next 50%, things could and do suck. If you can't read (millions of kids can't) and you can't process higher math, which we now suck at educating most kids to be able to do, then what the hell you gonna do with your life?
Work low wage, government subsided jobs. Or off the books low wage cash paying jobs.
Those folks are not having dreams, they're having nightmares. Don't know if it will get much better for them

When we got rid of so many jobs making all sorts of shit, we got rid of the natural step up employment for the lower class trying to live the dream.
If my job progression is where I work retail for a while, get a low level job in manuf, learn a skill while working in manufacturing, step up in pay for my skills etc, that's living the dream.

But if I got to go from low skill retail job and compete for a high skill job with no intermediary positions, that worker is screwed. He simply can't be hired for today's jobs.

So yea, a two class system seems to be developing based on lack of education and lack of opportunity.
We really need to bring back all sorts of manufacturing jobs. They (good jobs) are the engine of capitalism.
The Chinese know it, why the hell you think they worked so hard to get our jobs? LMAO.
25%, 25% and 50% and "millions" of kids who can't read. You excel pulling things out of your ass, but you can't get around the fact that what comes out of your ass is shit.
I wish Leftists would stop having kids. You can't even remotely back up the line of bullshit you dished out.

Poor people already have fewer children than the average. They also have 80% of the abortions in the US so they're doing all they can to comply with your wish.

Seattle eateries open and close all the time.

Not anymore.

To presume now that it must be because of minimum wage without even asking the actual restaurant owners why they are closing is just really fucking stupid.

Interesting, did you even read the article, or? From one of the links in the article:

The Seattle Times and Seattle Eater magazine have reported on some of the ways restaurant owners have tried to adapt – higher menu prices, cheaper, lower-quality ingredients, reduced opening times, and cutting work hours and firing workers. Sometimes these strategies, even in combination, are not enough. The business closes, workers lose their jobs and the neighborhood loses a prized amenity.

Restaurant owners seldom cite the minimum wage mandate directly as a reason for closing. Restaurateurs are business people, not politicians, and angering the Mayor over the law he signed is not a smart business move. A spokesman for the Washington Restaurant Association is more blunt, however. “Every [restaurant] operator I’m talking to is in panic mode, trying to figure out what the new world will look like.” He added, “Seattle is the first city in this thing and everyone’s watching, asking how is this going to change?”

Seattle s 15 wage law a factor in restaurant closings Washington Policy Center

It's going in the opposite direction. As people are now being given a choice more than ever, they aren't choosing unions. I get the feeling you want to repeal right to work and start forcing people into unions again because that's the only way they will make a "great comeback". You've already been exposed as a liar for claiming to be libertarian, might as well drop the maskirovka altogether.

When it comes to American Workers, it's... 'VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!' for me. It's time for them to fight back. Time for American Helots to rise.

If you just want to bitch and complain hey feel free to start your own company and stop mooching off stockholders.

Sorry, but you can't have your slaves. American Workers are on the rise once again. And good for them. People like you have been shitting on them for years. It's about time they start catching some breaks.
Cut the slave shit

Anyone is free to leave a job where they don't think that are paid enough or treated well enough

If you want a better life get off your lazy whining fucking ass and make it better yourself instead of demanding that other people do it for you

Hating struggling American Workers while licking Corporate boots, isn't a winning platform. It's why the Republican Party will struggle to win National Elections for the foreseeable future. Too many of you have allowed your hate & greed to rot your souls. And that's gonna cost ya.

I'm not a republican.

And I'm no boot locker.

I actually employ people so I know what I'm talking about.

Seattle eateries open and close all the time.

Not anymore.

To presume now that it must be because of minimum wage without even asking the actual restaurant owners why they are closing is just really fucking stupid.

Interesting, did you even read the article, or? From one of the links in the article:

The Seattle Times and Seattle Eater magazine have reported on some of the ways restaurant owners have tried to adapt – higher menu prices, cheaper, lower-quality ingredients, reduced opening times, and cutting work hours and firing workers. Sometimes these strategies, even in combination, are not enough. The business closes, workers lose their jobs and the neighborhood loses a prized amenity.

Restaurant owners seldom cite the minimum wage mandate directly as a reason for closing. Restaurateurs are business people, not politicians, and angering the Mayor over the law he signed is not a smart business move. A spokesman for the Washington Restaurant Association is more blunt, however. “Every [restaurant] operator I’m talking to is in panic mode, trying to figure out what the new world will look like.” He added, “Seattle is the first city in this thing and everyone’s watching, asking how is this going to change?”

Seattle s 15 wage law a factor in restaurant closings Washington Policy Center

Lefties don't care about articles. They see OP title and start attacking based on what they feel. If you confront them with facts, insults begin.

Well said. Thanks.

When it comes to American Workers, it's... 'VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!' for me. It's time for them to fight back. Time for American Helots to rise.

If you just want to bitch and complain hey feel free to start your own company and stop mooching off stockholders.

Cut the slave shit

Hating struggling American Workers while licking Corporate boots, isn't a winning platform. It's why the Republican Party will struggle to win National Elections for the foreseeable future. Too many of you have allowed your hate & greed to rot your souls. And that's gonna cost ya.

What planet are you living on? The GOP just bitch slapped the Democrats in 2014, and 2010, and battled Obama to a draw in 2012 with him lying his ass off. I see some of you libs have yet to come to grips with the historic ground and pound the GOP put on you.

I'm talking about the Presidency. Expressing hate & hostility towards struggling American Workers, while licking Corporate boots, just isn't a winning Platform. You guys come off as greedy hateful bullies. You're making it easier for the Democrats to win National Elections. And they likely will for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

Cut the slave shit

Why dont mexicans do that in mexico? Oh yea because there arent any good jobs in mexico.

This is starting to happen in america. The young college educated kids working for less and ford jobs are now walmart jobs. Good luck getting into ford but walmarts hiring.

As a Nation, we're going backwards. Most Americans' futures look pretty dismal. We've lost our way. We went from having mostly good career jobs for our People, to most now settling for low wage temporary jobs, with almost no hope for the future. And that transformation happened pretty rapidly. So, is the American Dream still alive? I would have to say barely. It's on life support.

And why is that? Because the liberals sacrifice jobs and growth in virtually every policy they advocate. Thousands of jobs killing regulations pushing more and more jobs off-shore. Irrational global warming crap. Irrational hatred of fossil fuels. Then they kick growth in the groin with never ending tax increases. If the bunch of asshole liberals would get out of our way we could get this country back to work.

In my years of observation, i've come to the conclusion that most are all for Big Government intervention, if they see something in it for them. They only express outrage over Big Government if they don't benefit from it. Most 'Small Government' preachers are disingenuous little turds. They have their hand out just like so many others do.

It's pretty simple, they wanna screw the little guy average Worker by any means necessary. But the Workers are gonna fight back sometimes. And so, the age old war between Slave and Slave Master goes on. The Slave Master wins most often. But once and awhile the Slave gets a small victory. And that's the case on this one. It's a small victory, but the Slave Masters will seek revenge. Bet on that.

Cut the slave shit

I'm not a republican.

And I'm no boot locker.

Try a little balance. Stand up for Workers sometime. Otherwise, you guys just come off as greedy hateful bullies in National Elections. That's the perception. Most Americans root for the underdog. The struggling American Worker is seen as the underdog. You guys are seen as the greedy old farts always trying to screw em. Gives the Democrats a big advantage. It's gonna be real tough for Republicans to win National Elections anytime soon. It is what it is.

Cut the slave shit

In my years of observation, i've come to the conclusion that most are all for Big Government intervention, if they see something in it for them. They only express outrage over Big Government if they don't benefit from it. Most 'Small Government' preachers are disingenuous little turds. They have their hand out just like so many others do.

It's pretty simple, they wanna screw the little guy average Worker by any means necessary. But the Workers are gonna fight back sometimes. And so, the age old war between Slave and Slave Master goes on. The Slave Master wins most often. But once and awhile the Slave gets a small victory. And that's the case on this one. It's a small victory, but the Slave Masters will seek revenge. Bet on that.
Because the ONLY reason a company will lay off workers instead of keeping all of them on and paying them an artificially increased rate is Republican corporate revenge, riiiiight? Or is the preferred course of action to just shut down and dump ALL the jobs?

Most brutal Slave Masters back in the day, saw themselves as good righteous people. They concocted all sorts of twisted warped justifications for their evil ways. And nothing's changed. The Slave Masters of today do the very same thing. They justify it all in their heads.

But what about the Slaves? What do they do? Well, they have to fight back. The Slave Masters will always be out to screw em. That's just the way it is, and always will be. The only thing Workers can do is continue to fight back. Win as many small battles as you can. Eventually, they'll add up to some big victories. But ya gotta fight. There is no other option.

Cut the slave shit

What planet are you living on? The GOP just bitch slapped the Democrats in 2014, and 2010, and battled Obama to a draw in 2012 with him lying his ass off. I see some of you libs have yet to come to grips with the historic ground and pound the GOP put on you.

I'm talking about the Presidency. Expressing hate & hostility towards struggling American Workers, while licking Corporate boots, just isn't a winning Platform. You guys come off as greedy hateful bullies. You're making it easier for the Democrats to win National Elections. And they likely will for the foreseeable future.

Hate is the liberals game stop projecting. So is hypocrisy which the left takes to dizzying new heights. How man Goldman Sachs guys does Obama have working for him now? OH SNAP!

Cut the slave shit

Who is "they" or are you just spouting organized labor talking points?

Cut the slave shit

I'm not a republican.

And I'm no boot locker.

Try a little balance. Stand up for Workers sometime. Otherwise, you guys just come off as greedy hateful bullies in National Elections. That's the perception. Most Americans root for the underdog. The struggling American Worker is seen as the underdog. You guys are seen as the greedy old farts always trying to screw em. Gives the Democrats a big advantage. It's gonna be real tough for Republicans to win National Elections anytime soon. It is what it is.

You are confusing the LIES told by the left and the liberal MSM with well what the right actually says and does.

Cut the slave shit

Because the ONLY reason a company will lay off workers instead of keeping all of them on and paying them an artificially increased rate is Republican corporate revenge, riiiiight? Or is the preferred course of action to just shut down and dump ALL the jobs?

We've fallen as a Nation, when it comes to American Workers. More & more are turning to Government Entitlements to survive. And that's a real shame. We are the wealthiest Nation on earth, no?

So where is all that wealth? American Workers sure aren't seeing any of it. They have to turn to Food Stamps just to take care of their families. We as a Nation should be ashamed of what we've done to our Workers. The Workers have been broken. And now they're angry and want to fight back. I can't blame em. It makes sense. I wish em the best of luck.

Forum List

Back