BREAKING: St Louis Police just shot another one!!!

:rolleyes:

people who ask questions do not 'have all the answers' or they wouldn't be asking.

officers are trained through these types of "theoretical" scenarios...

...the suspect walked to the driver's-side door of the police cruiser and screamed, "You are going to have to kill me before you take me to jail."

Police asked the man if he had a weapon and the man produced an object...

From about 7 or 8 feet away from the officers, the man continued to scream and the officers yelled at him to freeze...When the man took a "half step" toward the police, they fired, each firing about five times...

with the real-life backdrop of ongoing chaos in the area, reasonable people wonder whether those particular officers could've demonstrated better restraint and still maintained control of that particular situation without necessarily resorting to blowing the guy away on the spot...that is the question which reasonable people are asking, but brutes know all the answers?? dumb ass deserved it, the end...?

wondering aloud in retrospect whether they couldn't have just subdued this particular person via taser is a reasonable question as 'theoretically' blowing people away in the street is supposed to be their last resort.
maybe the officers really assessed that as the only way to stop this guy from harming anyone, or maybe they just felt justified that he got what he asked for as they were within their right to defend themselves...

no doubt there's a fine line when your life is on the line and police officers are only human. it's a sad situation but it would be a shame not to ask questions when citizens wind up dead in the street....

Wonder how you'd feel if you were ever threatened with a knife?..bet you'd wish for a gun...or maybe you'd take a minute and try to determine which weapon would be best to use.....or maybe just curl up in the fetal position..and hope he doesn't kill you....

Wonder how you'd feel if you were ever threatened with a knife?..bet you'd wish for a gun...or maybe you'd take a minute and try to determine which weapon would be best to use.....or maybe just curl up in the fetal position..and hope he doesn't kill you....

i have been threatened with a knife yet no one ended up dead.

if i wore a badge i could have just shot him dead, no questions asked?

You could have shot him dead without a badge if he brandished a weapon. Self defense.

...but you have avoided the question I asked..That's Ok..I understand.

So you are not trained LE and would be considered a victim, has nothing what so ever to do with the current situation.
So had you been LE and the above situation occurred, you would be duty bound to not only try and disarm the individual but to apprehend and incarcerate said perpetrator!!
Now you on the other hand most likely pissed your pants and begged for the perp to do what ever he wanted and take whatever he wanted as long as you were not harmed......
So has you butt hole recovered yet??

no doubt the guy was an idiot with a death wish but the officers could have handled the situation better.

In a news conference, St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson confirmed the shooting in the city's Sixth District. The suspect came within 3 or 4 feet of two police officers and "brandished a knife" during a convenience store altercation and yelled, "Shoot me; kill me now," Dotson said.

Some witnesses described the incident as "suicide by cop" — a situation in which someone with a death wish engages in activity that may prompt a law enforcement officer to shoot at them...

The suspect walked into a convenience store, stole some energy drinks, walked out, walked back in again and stole some pastry, Dotson said.

According to witness Robert Addison, the suspect attempted to walk out with donuts and something to drink and when the proprietor told the suspect that he'd stolen the goods. The suspect then " the suspect "responded by throwing down the food and shouting, 'I don't need this,' " Addison recounted.

The store owner called police as the man paced in front of the store, Dotson said. When police arrived, the man "brandished a knife," Dotson said.

Addison said the suspect walked to the driver's-side door of the police cruiser and screamed, "You are going to have to kill me before you take me to jail."

Police asked the man if he had a weapon and the man produced an object, Addison said.

From about 7 or 8 feet away from the officers, the man continued to scream and the officers yelled at him to freeze, according to Addison. When the man took a "half step" toward the police, they fired, each firing about five times, Addison said.

Witness Aaron Morris described the suspect as a mentally challenged man with a "child-like mind." He said he believes the police overreacted.
I read it was a pastry knife, whatever that is. Witnesses said he had a child like mind.

You could have shot him dead without a badge if he brandished a weapon. Self defense.

...but you have avoided the question I asked..That's Ok..I understand.

you asked how i would FEEL? :rolleyes:

i felt threatened but in control and he is the one who ended up peeing his pants!

yes, i could have shot him dead but it wasn't necessary...

you asked how i would FEEL? :rolleyes:

i felt threatened but in control and he is the one who ended up peeing his pants!

yes, i could have shot him dead but it wasn't necessary...

why did he "pee his pants"? Did you rebuke him harshly or something? What scared him so much?

because i could have blown his head off, if i felt like it...

OHHHH..you had a pistol....That changes the dynamic, doesn't it? See how useful they are?

So let me ask you?..if he had charged at you would you have fired?..or would you look around and try to find a different weapon to use? (like you said the cops should have)

Because creeps like you exist.

We all have guns because creeps exists - but you of the anti-liberty left are constantly demanding that others be denied their civil rights of self-defense. Don't you think it's just a LITTLE hypocritical that whilst you demand others be denied the right to own a gun, you yourself have one, Valeravi?

We all have guns because creeps exists - but you of the anti-liberty left are constantly demanding that others be denied their civil rights of self-defense. Don't you think it's just a LITTLE hypocritical that whilst you demand others be denied the right to own a gun, you yourself have one, Valeravi?
Liberals are shit storms of hypocrisy ......

because i could have blown his head off, if i felt like it...

OHHHH..you had a pistol....That changes the dynamic, doesn't it? See how useful they are?

So let me ask you?..if he had charged at you would you have fired?..or would you look around and try to find a different weapon to use? (like you said the cops should have)

:rolleyes: like i need you to tell me how useful they are...

the guy had already charged me with knife in hand, but thankfully i didn't need to shoot him...then again he wasn't a retard with a death wish, he was just a violent bully...

getting back to the topic > the police have every right to defend themselves but they also have an obligation to refrain from deadly force unless it is their last resort...

So you are not trained LE and would be considered a victim, has nothing what so ever to do with the current situation.

the poster above tried to deflect to make this about me by asking how i would feel if someone pulled a knife on me and then speculated (fabricated) his version of what i would supposedly do, so i corrected him.

So had you been LE and the above situation occurred, you would be duty bound to not only try and disarm the individual but to apprehend and incarcerate said perpetrator!!

so you agree with me. :thup:

I think criminals and nut jobs shouldn't have guns. Cops should be trained to take the most effective and least deadly way out where appropriate, after all their job is to protect and serve and not serve as executioner. There is really no reason a stun gun wouldn't have been a legitimate choice in this instance.

Forum List

Back