BREAKING: unemployment rate falls to 4.7%

4.7% ???

Remember when Republicans chanted that the unemployment rate was the most important economic indicator?

You have to factor in the labor participation rate. The rate was pretty steady from 1992-2008 under Clinton and Bush. Unfortunately it's been in decline ever since Obama took office.
It began its decline under Bush.

latest_numbers_LNS11300000_2001_2008_all_period_M12_data.gif

..............and greatly accelerated under Obama. :(.

Wanna compare jobs added in the two administrations? I don't think you do.

The OP and other libs here look really stupid trying to paint this report as anything but devastatingly bad.
"I laid off twenty full time workers and replaced them with forty part time workers. I have DOUBLED the number of employees in my business. I told you my vast experience in business would pay off!" Barack Obama.
The only business experience Obama ever had was paying for those baggies of cocaine.

4.7% ???

Remember when Republicans chanted that the unemployment rate was the most important economic indicator?

You have to factor in the labor participation rate. The rate was pretty steady from 1992-2008 under Clinton and Bush. Unfortunately it's been in decline ever since Obama took office.

Wanna compare jobs added in the two adminjstratipns? I don't think you do.
Ya asshole Obama has "created" 'McJobs' and public sector 'AA' jobs. Well done Obama!

4.7% ???

This is rocket science to rightards....

10mu743.png

4.7% ???

This is rocket science to rightards....

10mu743.png

Oh, so when the labor participation right started lowering at the end of President Bush's term is wasn't is his fault?

The OP and other libs here look really stupid trying to paint this report as anything but devastatingly bad.

One poor jobs report not going to help Donnie win.

Come election time the only economic numbers the voters care about is the unemployment rate and the price of gas

At 4.7% and $2 a gallon, I don't think the Dems have much to worry about

U.S. job creation weak, even as unemployment rate falls to 4.7%

Poor job creation but unemployment falls. The poor GOP JUST CANNOT WIN! :banana:

38K jobs created. 664K more people have given up and dropped out of the labor force. At the point where nobody is in the workforce, the unemployment rate will be 0. And morons like you will fall for the statistical manipulation.

Edit: The civilian population grew by 204K. More than three times as many people have Dropped Out than then growth in the population. This is what is a Downward Spiral, bub.
This is what abject imbeciles call a downward spiral...

latest_numbers_CES0500000001_2010_2016_all_period_M05_data.gif

Since Obama took office, employment has grown by 9M while the Given Up have growth by over 14M. Compare the two numbers, and think about it.

Please explain the difference between Given Up and Dropped out of the Workforce
There is a Yuge difference

When the LFRP for millenials and prime working age men incrases, those are examples of Dropping Out. The LFRP for older people is increasing while that of younger folks is decreasing.

Hopenchange!

Civilian labor force participation rate by age, gender, race, and ethnicity

Poor job creation but unemployment falls. The poor GOP JUST CANNOT WIN! :banana:

38K jobs created. 664K more people have given up and dropped out of the labor force. At the point where nobody is in the workforce, the unemployment rate will be 0. And morons like you will fall for the statistical manipulation.

Edit: The civilian population grew by 204K. More than three times as many people have Dropped Out than then growth in the population. This is what is a Downward Spiral, bub.

Since Obama took office, employment has grown by 9M while the Given Up have growth by over 14M. Compare the two numbers, and think about it.
Obama
14.2/9.8 (ratio 1.4)

Bush
10.4/1.3 (ratio 7.7)

Don't forget, these figures include baby boomers retiring as of 2008 + the Great Recession Bush handed Obama.

Remind me again why the left should give a shit when the right whines about this??

"I laid off twenty full time workers and replaced them with forty part time workers. I have DOUBLED the number of employees in my business. I told you my vast experience in business would pay off!" Barack Obama.
The only business experience Obama ever had was paying for those baggies of cocaine.

Totally clueless as to how employment numbers are reported

Come election time the only economic numbers the voters care about is the unemployment rate and the price of gas

Real unemployment is much much much higher, bub.

Alternate Unemployment Charts

UESS.jpg

Obama
14.2/9.8 (ratio 1.4)

Bush
10.4/1.3 (ratio 7.7)

Don't forget, these figures include baby boomers retiring as of 2008 + the Great Recession Bush handed Obama.

Remind me again why the left should give a shit when the right whines about this??

Reagan's Recovery was a success which created enough jobs to employ the increase in the Civilian population. Obama's is an epic slow growth fail, which has generated jobs for only a little over the increased in population.

ROBMay.jpg

Too fucking retarded. It's like you just make this shit up.

full time jobs = 7.3 million

part time jobs = 1.6 million

View attachment 76978
The U-6 rate is not an unemployment rate -- it's an underutilization rate as it includes folks who are working. Furthermore, that rate is currently 9.7%; down from 14.2% when Obama became president and down from its recession high of 17.1%.

View attachment 76978

Real unemployment (U3) is at 4.7%

Same number that the Bush's and Reagan used

View attachment 76978
The U-6 rate is not an unemployment rate -- it's an underutilization rate as it includes folks who are working. Furthermore, that rate is currently 9.7%; down from 14.2% when Obama became president and down from its recession high of 17.1%.

U6 is a perfectly valid measure. When someone loses a job making $100,000 and take a minimum wage job because that is what the economy is generating, that downgrade is meaningful in a very painful way.

View attachment 76978

Real unemployment (U3) is at 4.7%

Same number that the Bush's and Reagan used

Only a creep like you would find underemployment for millions of people to be Funny.

Forum List

Back