BREAKING: US drops largest non nuclear bomb in combat for first time

just remember if a wooden pallet falls from the sky near your area

you may want to start running asap

--LOL

The Donald is learning that dropping bombs and missiles is good for popularity. Next up Donald, drop a big ol bomb on that Russian naval base in Syria. Hellfire, what could go wrong? The peoples will love you for it.

View attachment 121584

The bomb was dropped in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province, the Pentagon has confirmed.

The blast radius is believed to be over 300 meters and the weapon is described as "the father of all bombs".

It is the very first time the weapon has been used in combat.

BREAKING: US drops LARGEST non-nuclear bomb in combat for FIRST time

Well isn't this special, oh yay a nice big bomb

MOAB would rather stand for "mother of all bombs".

It was used while back, also in Afghanistan, but could have been some older version.

this is the first time the moab has been used in combat

the last biggest one was a 4200 pounder

the moab comes in at 21000 pounds

You're right about MOAB being used first time in combat, however you're wrong about next in size.

I remember something big was used in Afghanistan and it was BLU-82, 15,000 ponds bomb called "daisy cutter".

Taliban hit by bombs used in Vietnam

View attachment 121584

The bomb was dropped in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province, the Pentagon has confirmed.

The blast radius is believed to be over 300 meters and the weapon is described as "the father of all bombs".

It was used while back, also in Afghanistan, but could have been some older version.

You're right about MOAB being used first time in combat, however you're wrong about next in size.

I remember something big was used in Afghanistan and it was BLU-82, 15,000 ponds bomb called "daisy cutter".

i didnt think big blue was used on the taliban

but it looks like it was

View attachment 121584

Is it me or was the "Blonde Bombshell Iskra Lawrence" article more interesting than the bomb article?

View attachment 121584

/--- Ya think N Korea and Iran are paying attention???
Exactly right. Though I doubt that the Un son is cognizant enough to feel fear.

View attachment 121584

I'd rather a Chimpanzee was dropping bombs and launching cruise missiles than Donald and Co.

I saw a photo of one of these MOAB's. That's not a bomb, that's a bloody spaceship or a rocket you would launch to the moon. 21,000 pounds!

This can't be cheap to replace, I hope it hit it's location. If there were terrorists hiding in a these cave networks, it couldn't have been a safe place to be when this thing hit the ground. Its apparently far more powerful than the Busters.
i should clarify 4200 pound bombs recently

in Vietnam they used some 15000 pound "daisy cutters" also an air burst bomb

They were used to clear the jungle so choppers could land.

View attachment 121584

Never used before. Only tested in 2003 at Eglin Air Force Base.

I saw a photo of one of these MOAB's. That's not a bomb, that's a bloody spaceship or a rocket you would launch to the moon. 21,000 pounds!

This can't be cheap to replace, I hope it hit it's location. If there were terrorists hiding in a these cave networks, it couldn't have been a safe place to be when this thing hit the ground. Its apparently far more powerful than the Busters.
i should clarify 4200 pound bombs recently

in Vietnam they used some 15000 pound "daisy cutters" also an air burst bomb

They were used to clear the jungle so choppers could land.

yes it cleared a 500 yard diameter in the jungle

that was a pretty big bomb

Since my trusty Infowars picked this story up I feel it is authentic.............whether any of you do or don't doesn't matter . It is information make of it what you want sooner or later MSM picks up something off stories like this . It is all dependent on how popular the information gets. Drudge originally posted this that alone is authentic enough. it doesn't really matter to me what you think of the source incase some of you haven't notice.

upload_2017-4-13_10-27-58.png

US forces dropped their largest non-nuclear bomb on ISIS targets in Afghanistan Thursday.

The Pentagon confirmed dropping a 21,600 pound GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB), described as the Mother of All Bombs, on ISIS tunnels and personnel in the Nangarhar province.

Military officials are still working to assess the damage from the bomb, which has a 300 meter blast radius.

Here’s a video on the bomb in particular:

This marks the first time the Iraq war-era munition has ever been used on the battlefield.

More info from Wikipedia:

The GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast (MOAB pronounced /ˈmoʊ.æb/, commonly known as the Mother of All Bombs) is a large-yield conventional (non-nuclear) bomb, developed for the United States military by Albert L. Weimorts, Jr. of the Air Force Research Laboratory. At the time of development, it was touted as the most powerful non-nuclear weapon ever designed. The bomb was designed to be delivered by a C-130 Hercules, primarily the MC-130E Combat Talon I or MC-130H

I wish you'd stay away from the fringe edges of the internet.

The bomb was dropped and the devastation is massive. This is in the same area where the Green Beret was killed recently. This bomb shatters tunnels in the mountain, not symbolic, this is a massive piece of ordinance. Largest, non-nuclear ordinance in our Air Force.

Called the MOAB, Mother of all Bombs. 21 thousand pounds

The MOAB may be currently the largest non-nuclear weapon, but it is still 400lbs smaller than the RAF's Grand Slam of WWII.

The 22,000lbs Grand Slam was developed from the successful 12,000lbs Tallboy, which was used to great effect against Tirpitz, in order to destroy heavily armored targets such as subpens. It had a reinforced nose which allowed it to penetrate, in one case, 4.5 meters of reinforced concrete. The bomb also had specially designed spin stabilizing fins which allowed a more accurate drop, which considering the expense and slow production rate, was of extreme importance to the RAF. (RAF pilots were told in case of an aborted mission, they were to return with the bomb rather than jettison it). It reached near supersonic speeds during drop. 42 were deployed during the war.

The Grand Slam & Tallboy were of a type of bomb known as an "Earthquake" bomb. While a direct hit was desirable, a near miss would set off severe seismic waves which would destabilize the foundations of nearly any structure.

View attachment 121584

MOAB is 21,600 pounds.

Daisy cutter clears surface. MOAB is a concussive bomb that explodes above the surface and penetrates underground.

View attachment 121584

MOAB is 21,600 pounds.

Daisy cutter clears surface. MOAB is a concussive bomb that explodes above the surface and penetrates underground.

Concussion and oxygen depletion is what makes it so deadly and effective for clearing tunnels.
You basically suffocate if you manage to survive the over pressure.

Forum List

Back