🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Breaking: Vincent Lambert Frances' Terri Schiavo dies after 9 days without food and water

I don't give two shits what you suspect. I said I saw it days ago and don't remember what site.

Call me a liar again we'll have problems Goofboy
I dont believe they killed a man who was conscious enough to cry when he was told he would be starved to death. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Where is your proof?

They killed a man who was conscious, whether or not he cried is irrelevant. That was inhumane.

So would you be willing to pay for his care , out of your taxes??

Even the state of Texas has a (and one can't get more red than this state)

Texas Advance Directives Act
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Advance Directives Act)

Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Texas Advance Directives Act (1999), also known as the Texas Futile Care Law, describes certain provisions that are now Chapter 166 of the Texas Health & Safety Code. Controversy over these provisions mainly centers on Section 166.046, Subsection (e),1 which allows a health care facility to discontinue life-sustaining treatment ten days after giving written notice if the continuation of life-sustaining treatment is considered futile care by the treating medical team.

Although it is often stated that the act is officially named as the 'Futile Care Law' or the 'Futile Care Act', that is in fact incorrect and the statute has never legally had that title.
Of course I would support tax dollars to support someone in his condition to live. Nothing wrong with supporting people that are unable to support themselves physically. However medical insurance should cover it as well.

If we pay taxes to keep murderers in jail, I think we can pay for food and water for people like this.

House and around the clock care for him? He could not drink food and water to sustain him.

Dear Penelope
if the family is willing to take care of him and provide
that, what business is it of other people who wouldn't want that.

Now, if his BODY is rejecting food and not digesting it,
that means the person is willing to die.

That happened when my father finally showed signs he
was not wanting to live but he was dying -- his body quit
accepting and processing food.

There are unconscious ways that the person signals
their will to live is going.

Again, when people naturally have spiritual closure,
they will pass on their own. No need to force it
on people by denying them food and water.
As long as their bodies are still processing it,
that means their spirit is continuing. That doesn't
have to happen, they have the ability to shut it down.

I dont believe they killed a man who was conscious enough to cry when he was told he would be starved to death. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Where is your proof?

They killed a man who was conscious, whether or not he cried is irrelevant. That was inhumane.

The Texas Advance Directives Act (1999), also known as the Texas Futile Care Law, describes certain provisions that are now Chapter 166 of the Texas Health & Safety Code. Controversy over these provisions mainly centers on Section 166.046, Subsection (e),1 which allows a health care facility to discontinue life-sustaining treatment ten days after giving written notice if the continuation of life-sustaining treatment is considered futile care by the treating medical team.

Although it is often stated that the act is officially named as the 'Futile Care Law' or the 'Futile Care Act', that is in fact incorrect and the statute has never legally had that title.
Of course I would support tax dollars to support someone in his condition to live. Nothing wrong with supporting people that are unable to support themselves physically. However medical insurance should cover it as well.

If we pay taxes to keep murderers in jail, I think we can pay for food and water for people like this.

House and around the clock care for him? He could not drink food and water to sustain him.

Dear Penelope

The father is 90 years old, and I'm sure the wife is about the same. What will happen to him when they pass. His wife knows his wishes and she is the legal guardian.

He was not denied food and water, the food and water he took in could not sustain him. His parents were at his side for the 9 days and I'm sure they tried their best to keep him going.

Dear Penelope

The father is 90 years old, and I'm sure the wife is about the same. What will happen to him when they pass. His wife knows his wishes and she is the legal guardian.

He was not denied food and water, the food and water he took in could not sustain him. His parents were at his side for the 9 days and I'm sure they tried their best to keep him going.

If she and the siblings know his wishes,
that is what should be the determining policy.

If the parents aren't in agreement, that's where
the spiritual healing and closure is needed so that
he passes on his own without forcing it unnaturally.

Penelope sorry but the state forcing it is still unnatural.

The family should be spiritually counseled to have closure,
and if the parents aren't ready to let go, then the other family
members should just grant them custody and care unless
they have proven and agreed understanding that their
loved one wants to die.

From the cases and families I've talked with, people
can pass on their own if they really lose the will to live.

You cannot force them to stay alive, they will quit
digesting food and reject and their hearts will stop, etc.

If the wife and family really knew his wishes, they should
have sought closure with the parents until the family was
at peace; and the patient would pass on his own without being forced.

Dear Penelope

BTW Penelope if the parents have church support, then if they and other people make
arrangement to care for him, that's their responsibility. In no way should the
govt make decisions for people's spiritual beliefs and dictate what the
church and charities can and cannot support. I agree they would need to
set up means to take care of him in order to ask for that. But the state
should not dictate and deny them the ability to organize support.

I still believe they should have the right and freedom to have closure
with their loved one; and from what I understand about the spiritual
process, this allows people to pass on their own naturally.

??? where are you getting that he was "not denied food and water"
YES HE WAS, that was the whole controversy.
He was breathing and swallowing on his own.

Now Penelope if you are saying he wasn't DIGESTING his food,
if his BODY was rejecting it, that's another thing.
But if so, he would still die on his own.

There is no need to "hasten it" by forcing that denial on his parents
who still want to continue their relationship caring for him.

The spiritual process works out on its own, when people
are ready to go, they will do so naturally. Without this
unnatural intrusion by GOVT to force that.

Vincent Lambert Dies 9 Days After Being Stripped of Food and Water

Quadriplegic Man Cries When Told That His Food Supply Will Stop

He responds to certain sounds, can swallow, and is able to breathe on his own without assistance from a machine. His food and water has been administered through a gastric tube.

After several years of trying to improve his condition, Lambert's medical team spoke with his wife in 2013 and recommended that his care should stop.

The court’s decision to eliminate Lambert's food supply cannot be appealed, but his parents are threatening to file a complaint if he is not allowed to eat.

While trying to save their sons life, a wall has been placed between multiple family members. Lambert's wife, six of his siblings and a nephew have long argued that it is more humane to let him die, according to the BBC.

Lambert's mother, Viviane has been pleading for her son's life. "He sleeps at night, wakes up during the day, and looks at me when I talk. He only needs to be fed through a special device and his doctor wants to deprive him of this so that he can die, while legal experts have shown that this is not necessary. In May, when learning about his planned death, he cried," she concluded

He responds to certain sounds, can swallow, and is able to breathe on his own without assistance from a machine. His food and water has been administered through a gastric tube.

After several years of trying to improve his condition, Lambert's medical team spoke with his wife in 2013 and recommended that his care should stop.

The court’s decision to eliminate Lambert's food supply cannot be appealed, but his parents are threatening to file a complaint if he is not allowed to eat.

While trying to save their sons life, a wall has been placed between multiple family members. Lambert's wife, six of his siblings and a nephew have long argued that it is more humane to let him die, according to the BBC.

Lambert's mother, Viviane has been pleading for her son's life. "He sleeps at night, wakes up during the day, and looks at me when I talk. He only needs to be fed through a special device and his doctor wants to deprive him of this so that he can die, while legal experts have shown that this is not necessary. In May, when learning about his planned death, he cried," she concluded

He was stripped of his food and water via feeding tube. That is what that means. Sounds like a mother who believes what she wants to believe, yet the doctors said irreversible brain damage, for what 11 years.

He was stripped of his food and water via feeding tube. That is what that means. Sounds like a mother who believes what she wants to believe, yet the doctors said irreversible brain damage, for what 11 years.
I believe this kind of death is common in the USA. If doctors determine the patient is near death, they deny food and water. They do provide morphine which they claim prevents the patient from experiencing any pain. I tend to think dying of dehydration has to be very painful and morphine doesn’t eliminate that pain.

I most cases severely ill patients refused food and water, do not last long thankfully.

Saw a video of Vincent crying when he found out food and water would be withheld.

Let that sink in

Post that video?
Yeah, i want to see this video. I suspect that is a complete lie.

I don't give two shits what you suspect. I said I saw it days ago and don't remember what site.

Call me a liar again we'll have problems Goofboy

Dear Godboy
regardless of his conscious ability, where are you even getting
that the STATE has any authority to make a SPIRITUAL life/death decision
instead of his family?

As stated before, if the STATE and the people paying or providing services
don't want to take that responsibility, why not pass it to others who want to take over responsibility?

How should the STATE have authority to decide for a family in dispute?
Shouldn't the family be ORDERED to resolve their dispute:
either agree who should pay for or provide the services needed,
or agree to TRANSFER the patient to those who agree to take this on.

Why is it necessary to KILL SOMEONE to relinquish responsibility?

Do you kill elderly people or children if the parents don't want or can't handle responsibility for care?

NO -- common sense and civilized society would transfer people requiring greater care
to OTHER people or programs that can provide those services.

Why not in this case?

If the one family member doesn't want to take care or responsibility,
what is wrong with letting the OTHER family members take over care?

Why is killing the patient the only solution?

???? Godboy
If theres nothing going on in his brain, there isnt much point in keeping him alive, but if there IS brain activity, then you should definitely put him down.

Have you ever heard of the book "Johnny got his gun"? Its about a soldier who stepped on a land mine and got his arms and legs blown off, hes blind and deaf, and he cant speak. This pitiful thing would constantly slam his head into his pillow and his doctors and nurses all assumed he had lost his mind, but one day a soldier friend comes to see him and he realizes he is using "morse code" with his head. Hes saying "kill me" over and over again. That story always horrified me. I would hope that someone would have the decency to put me down if i was in that position.

Metallica did an epic song about his misery.

"Darkness imprisoning me, all that i see, absolute horror. I cannot live, i cannot die, trapped in myself, body my holding cell."

Last edited:

Yes so why were you saying he WASN'T deprived of food and water?
He was.
When a baby cannot eat without someone helping to spoonfeed,
that's not considered unnatural to help feed someone.

Penelope I do appreciate and AGREE with you and the other family
and what you are saying, because I've been through that and so has
my oldest brother who consulted his Catholic priests on when to
feed or not feed and what is natural or unnatural.

My brother also had the same argument you did which I agree with
when the FAMILY makes that decision together.

But I told him what I'm telling you now:
the GOVERNMENT does not have the right to interfere or force the
family to make such a decision.

Do you understand that makes a DIFFERENCE?
A woman can decide to abort or not abort her baby,
and it may be the right decision. But even with a right
decision the GOVERNMENT should not be dictating it.
It makes a DIFFERENCE if the Govt is involved or if
people make decisions on their own without Govt interjecting.

That's the MAIN and KEY difference or else I would AGREE WITH YOU.
AND my brother who we had to go through this with our dad who was
vegetative from 1985 to 2001 or 16 years. We still agreed to wait until
my FATHER showed signs he was rejecting food and didn't want that in his body.

That's when my brother and the priest and family and everyone AGREED it was time.
Families NEED and DESERVE that time to resolve and make decisions TOGETHER.
Yes, we had fights and conflicts over this, but we had to RESOLVE THOSE OURSELVES --
NOT RELY ON GOVT to force anyone
before everyone was freely/naturally agreeing.

I also knew it was time a short time before that when my sister announced she
was going to get married and start a family. The minute she announced that I
felt a CHANGE in the spirit. I knew Dad was going to let go any minute, I FELT IT.

That is a SPIRITUAL process and it isn't for the GOVT to tell any family when
to resolve or have closure. In our case when there are Catholic and Buddhist
family members, we consulted with SPIRITUAL counselors so everyone agreed.

Penelope I had argued for years with the legal guardian and went through all
this. But the ISSUE WAS FAMILY AND SPIRITUAL CLOSURE. It's the process the
FAMILY needs to go through with SPIRITUAL COUNSELING.

If you can understand doctors not forcing a woman to abort her child but
allowing her to miscarry and grieve if that is HER SPIRITUAL PROCESS
BETWEEN HER and the SOUL OF HER CHILD, the same happens when these
parents have to resolve and let go of THEIR relationship with their son which
is THEIR spiritual process. Nobody else can dictate that for them which is
THEIR own spiritual process. And the State Govt has NO PLACE in
ANYONE's spiritual process. That's why the abortion issue is between
women and their doctors and counselors and shouldn't be DICTATED by the state!

I appreciate and agree with the spiritual process of letting go Penelope.
I went through that with my family.
But we had to go through spiritual counseling, closure and healing.
It was not for the state/govt to DICTATE to any of us.
We had to resolve it ourselves for our dad to let go naturally.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back