Purgatory, revisited. (with Scripture)

THE BIBLE IS CLEAR THERE ARE 2 places- heaven or hell. The bible never mentions purgatory- it was an invention of the rcc for money- simple. ALSO purgatory is saying Jesus' perfect finished sacrifice was NOT ENOUGH to cleanse us from all sin- yet the bible says exactly that- that those who accept Christ are cleansed from ALL SIN.

THE BIBLE IS CLEAR THERE ARE 2 places- heaven or hell. The bible never mentions purgatory- it was an invention of the rcc for money- simple. ALSO purgatory is saying Jesus' perfect finished sacrifice was NOT ENOUGH to cleanse us from all sin- yet the bible says exactly that- that those who accept Christ are cleansed from ALL SIN.

Actually the Bible clearly states there are many mansions.

What the world usually reads as heaven and hell is the state of paradise and prison between death and resurrection.

This is what some interpret to be purgatory. The place we are told by Peter that Christ preached deliverance to the dead who were once wicked in the days of the flood.

This is also where He met the Thief the day they died. Paradise is not heaven because we know Christ did not ascend to heaven until after the resurrection. And we know Christ did not lie about meeting the thief in paradise. So paradise is a separate place from heaven or He lied about meeting the thief that day, or lied to Mary about not yet ascending to Heaven.

I don't believe Christ was a liar. Quite the opposite. He is the way, the truth, and the light.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

God has so much more to say than so many want to hear.

Hell on Earth instead of Heaven on Earth; simply Because a lot of Punks on Earth refuse to be socially moral for free to be Angels who have not the need for the Expense of Government.

May a god help those who "help themselves"; can His arch-angels and angels who are Faith-full, do any less.

Purgatory is sitting on the can with massive cramps and not being able to squeeze out any sparks at all for all eternity.

Purgatory is sitting on the can with massive cramps and not being able to squeeze out any sparks at all for all eternity.

Purgatory is more process than place. It is the final purification of the soul.

It appears some non-Catholic Christians envision their still filthy soul going into the presence of God, covered in Christ's blood so that God will not see their sins. On the other hand, Catholics believe that the soul will undergo actual purification (not a cover up) of any sins that are still with us upon death.

It appears some non-Catholic Christians envision their still filthy soul going into the presence of God, covered in Christ's blood so that God will not see their sins. On the other hand, Catholics believe that the soul will undergo actual purification (not a cover up) of any sins that are still with us upon death.
Jesus already died for my sins. That bill is payed.

Who came up with the idea there ever was a bill? Jesus taught repentance for the forgiveness of sins. Turn from sin, and forgiveness is yours. That was the new covenant he taught, and he ratified that covenant with his blood. A covenant requires action from both parties, not just a single party. My belief is Christ died to establish his covenant, not to pay some made-up bill.

That's church doctrine and you can't support it with the bible. In other words, the Catholic church puts itself over the book they claim is the word of god. You may not see a problem with that but that doesn't there isn't a glaring problem for anyone without the blinders.

Who came up with the idea there ever was a bill? Jesus taught repentance for the forgiveness of sins. Turn from sin, and forgiveness is yours. That was the new covenant he taught, and he ratified that covenant with his blood. A covenant requires action from both parties, not just a single party. My belief is Christ died to establish his covenant, not to pay some made-up bill.
No, Jesus explicitly died on the cross for our sins. That bill is paid. Have fun. :D

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

God has so much more to say than so many want to hear.

I agree. The Book of Mormon being one of many of those things

Not if you reject Him.

No, Jesus explicitly died on the cross for our sins. That bill is paid. Have fun. :D

Weren't Christ's teachings about turning away from sin and obeying God? How much sense does it make to turn that into, "But then Christ died so that our sins and obeying God don't really matter? Anything required of us was paid for by Christ." That is not what Christ taught. He taught repentance and doing the will of the Father.

Not if you reject Him.
No, I'm more than happy to accept that Jesus paid my bill. Thanks J-man.

Weren't Christ's teachings about turning away from sin and obeying God? How much sense does it make to turn that into, "But then Christ died so that our sins and obeying God don't really matter? Anything required of us was paid for by Christ." That is not what Christ taught. He taught repentance and doing the will of the Father.
The Book says that he died for our sins. Case closed.

purgatory is a very very dangerous teaching. There are no second chances once you die- see Lazarus and the rich man. Many rc's think they will eventually go to heaven, but unless they accept Jesus as their personal Savior in THIS life they are going to HELL.

Forum List

Back