British Media Explain Trump Blabbergate Better Than US Media-What Intel Secrets Did US Pres Leak

iOYza6J.jpg
1382882_456026171184861_383382934_n.jpg

this the same BBC that trump said was feeding US intelligence and everyone went NO THEY DIDN'T until the press accidentally admitted that did happen, proving trump correct?

THAT brittish media/intel?

trying to keep things straight here.
And how does 'you are one, too' excuse the President of the United States endangering our intel assets? The subject is a fat senile old orange clown that is doing our nation harm.

has he? i've not seen the proof he has yet. just a post story.

when we have proof, holler. when we have "media stories" please. not playing that game until we have proof, not conjecture and opinions parading as news.

No more conjecture. Trump tweeted that he did it just a few minutes ago.
Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) | Twitter
looking at his twitter feed now.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 53m53 minutes ago
As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining....

great. i'll wait for the facts. when people pre-judge they tend to warp facts to fit their disposition.

but this would remove "intent" if true. :)

The information Trump shared came from an ally who had asked that it not be shared to protect their sources. THAT is the problem, not that he doesn't have the right to declassify that info.

Your allies may not share such intel in future because big mouth can't be trusted.
Who is the ally? Israel? I trust Russia more than Israel.

The British media seem more inclined and willing to share new details about the classified and secret information leaked by trump in his uncontrollable need to boost his ego by blabbing, even if it means spilling US intelligence secrets.

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39931012

Yeah.......they hate Trump too.......Bill Gertz, a national security expert said this is a nothing burger......he isn't a fan of Trump...so...I'll take your fake outrage and ignore it...

The British media seem more inclined and willing to share new details about the classified and secret information leaked by trump in his uncontrollable need to boost his ego by blabbing, even if it means spilling US intelligence secrets.

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39931012
this the same BBC that trump said was feeding US intelligence and everyone went NO THEY DIDN'T until the press accidentally admitted that did happen, proving trump correct?

THAT brittish media/intel?

trying to keep things straight here.
How about a link supporting your gibberish and claim. Especially the part about "everyone went NO THEY DIDN'T"
Even if he provides a "link" it will be BS.

I don't know what to say, except I predicted this. I was worried that Trump would blurt out things he learned in intelligence briefings just because he's a blurter. And a bragger. I am sure that what is being reported is accurate, much as Republicans wish it wasn't.
Hopefully there was no real damage done to anyone in the field. As the BBC article points out, the info about laptop explosives has been public for some time, so the source is probably long gone from Syria.

maybe he did - maybe he didn't. at this point i've not seen proof of it, just accusations and speculations that lead back to the entire laptop ordeal.

i will agree if anyone would do it - he's a likely candidate. but i'll wait for proof from someone who's not railing on him 24x7. when all you do is cry wolf, it really takes away any validity should you ever actually be right.

that's where the left wing media is now. it's all tragedy. it's all horrible. it's all trump. people hear it 24x7 so if something does go wrong/bad it will fall on deaf ears.
I agree with you that the media is crying wolf far too much and they will pay for it. The reason I believe Trump slipped is that the CIA and NSA had to be informed, and because it sounds like something he would inadvertently do when he goes "off script." Hopefully the only damage was that Trump shared information from an ally but the information itself won't be harmful to anyone. The media, including Fox, is talking about the seriousness of mishandling classified information as if he'd spilled seriously secret beans. What I'm not sure of is just how damaging the slip actually was. That seems to be where the overreaction might be coming in.
With any luck, this will be a learning experience for the President. He's going to have an entire week to practice being discrete. Maybe the lesson will stick.
But Trump has the authority to declassify anything he wants. This is another sick attack on the president by enemies of the United States. Utterly fake news. Donald Trump represented the one chance we had to avoid the catastrophes ahead, and those who are orchestrating those catastrophes will stop at nothing to ensure all their hard work doesn't go down the tubes.

Yes, he has the legal authority to declassify anything, but that doesn't make it the right, or even the sane thing to do. He has the right to launch nuclear missiles at Mexico and Canada too, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

I don't know what to say, except I predicted this. I was worried that Trump would blurt out things he learned in intelligence briefings just because he's a blurter. And a bragger. I am sure that what is being reported is accurate, much as Republicans wish it wasn't.
Hopefully there was no real damage done to anyone in the field. As the BBC article points out, the info about laptop explosives has been public for some time, so the source is probably long gone from Syria.

maybe he did - maybe he didn't. at this point i've not seen proof of it, just accusations and speculations that lead back to the entire laptop ordeal.

i will agree if anyone would do it - he's a likely candidate. but i'll wait for proof from someone who's not railing on him 24x7. when all you do is cry wolf, it really takes away any validity should you ever actually be right.

that's where the left wing media is now. it's all tragedy. it's all horrible. it's all trump. people hear it 24x7 so if something does go wrong/bad it will fall on deaf ears.
I agree with you that the media is crying wolf far too much and they will pay for it. The reason I believe Trump slipped is that the CIA and NSA had to be informed, and because it sounds like something he would inadvertently do when he goes "off script." Hopefully the only damage was that Trump shared information from an ally but the information itself won't be harmful to anyone. The media, including Fox, is talking about the seriousness of mishandling classified information as if he'd spilled seriously secret beans. What I'm not sure of is just how damaging the slip actually was. That seems to be where the overreaction might be coming in.
With any luck, this will be a learning experience for the President. He's going to have an entire week to practice being discrete. Maybe the lesson will stick.
But Trump has the authority to declassify anything he wants. This is another sick attack on the president by enemies of the United States. Utterly fake news. Donald Trump represented the one chance we had to avoid the catastrophes ahead, and those who are orchestrating those catastrophes will stop at nothing to ensure all their hard work doesn't go down the tubes.

Yes, he has the legal authority to declassify anything, but that doesn't make it the right, or even the sane thing to do. He has the right to launch nuclear missiles at Mexico and Canada too, but that doesn't make it a good idea.
Who was this "ally"? What were the "classified secrets" he divulged?

(Technically, he can't just launch missiles at another country as that would be an act of war, and war powers constitutionally reserved to AIPAC and Bill Kristol.)

I don't know about that, but I know he was supposed to give intelligence a heads up before sharing information from an ally. It's the intelligence agencies, not the media, that were concerned. Then someone leaked it and the nation is concerned. No one said it was illegal. It just wasn't our secret to tell. At least not without permission. Like I said, hopefully no harm was done.

The point of the thread is that a British-owned media source has printed more detail than US sources about the intelligence spill by the President.
Camp, there wasn't anything in that article that I didn't hear last night/this a.m. on CNN and Fox. It's still nice to see it all laid out.
Couple f interesting bits in it

"A spokesman for Paul Ryan, Republican speaker of the House of Representatives, said: "We have no way to know what was said, but protecting our nation's secrets is paramount."

Congress has no way to know what was said?

"In a conversation with the Russian foreign minister and Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak in the Oval Office, the president revealed details that could lead to the exposure of a source of information, officials told the Washington Post and the New York Times."

whoever the leak was, he was one of the very few officials in the Oval office.
You ever notice that it seems all the stuff we want to know about or that leakers are leaking about is always a CLASSIFIED investigation so the public can only keep guessing and fuming and arguing about it with no actual facts? Why is that? Do leakers only leak stuff we can't prove or is it that every time anyone in D.C. sneezes, it becomes classified so it doesn't have to be shared with the public?

I don't know about that, but I know he was supposed to give intelligence a heads up before sharing information from an ally. It's the intelligence agencies, not the media, that were concerned. Then someone leaked it and the nation is concerned. No one said it was illegal. It just wasn't our secret to tell. At least not without permission. Like I said, hopefully no harm was done.
But who is this ally? And I trust Russia more than our own intelligence agencies (at least certain segments)

Forum List

Back