Broadcast ax: Cancelled shows 2012-13 (so far)

Sorry to see Vegas get the ax. Thought the show was getting better with each episode.
Last Resort was a great show, but because of the story line, it was one you knew could not last. Would have been better if it was presented as a mini-series. Im surprised that Tim Allen's new show "Last Man Standing" made the cut.

Vegas – too glitzy and unreal
CSI – NY for some reason, I could never get into it
Body of Proof – I kinda like it

Only recognize 2 or 3 of these.
I have watched The Office for years, started getting iffy last season...REALLY went down hill this season, however the past couple have been pretty funny. Especially last weeks - probably in the top 10 of all time.
IMHO - The Office in it's good years rivaled just about any sitcom. The back and forth between Jim and Dwight is great stuff. Better than Seinfeld ever was.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least 'Elementary' will be back. Did any of you know that Jonny Lee Miller (Sherlock Holmes) was the villain Jordan Chase on the season of 'Dexter' with Lumen? He was the motivational speaker they were hunting.

He is also the first Mr. Angelina Jolie!

yea i watch that....Jon is a good actor...

Wasn't The New Normal supposed to bring us all into the gay celebration fold?

Didn't work did it?

I'm sorry to see Vegas go. That was good. So was 666 Park Avenue, but it ran into plot development problems. I stopped watching Fringe a long time ago when it went into alternate universe territory.

I actually liked Zero Hour, but I think it only made it to either 2 or 3 shows before getting yanked. They need to at least give a show a chance. I mean why does mindless shit like Happy Endings stay on for several seasons. I tried to watch a few episodes and it was just bad actors doing silly shit. It was interchangable with Cougar Town which I never made it thru a full episode of either.

I actually liked Zero Hour, but I think it only made it to either 2 or 3 shows before getting yanked. They need to at least give a show a chance. I mean why does mindless shit like Happy Endings stay on for several seasons. I tried to watch a few episodes and it was just bad actors doing silly shit. It was interchangable with Cougar Town which I never made it thru a full episode of either.

Zero Hour is coming back to finish out the rest of the episodes June 7 i think....

I'm sorry, but I loved 30 Rock. I know I'm not supposed to admit that in public, but I can't help it.

Fringe went off the deep end and Body of Proof got stale.

The rest I never watched.

Wasn't The New Normal supposed to bring us all into the gay celebration fold?

Didn't work did it?

I'm sorry to see Vegas go. That was good. So was 666 Park Avenue, but it ran into plot development problems. I stopped watching Fringe a long time ago when it went into alternate universe territory.

I was suppose to be to NBC what Modern Family is to ABC. I saw half an episode of TNN ... not funny, rather crude, too gay. MF is a hoot.

Did anyone watch any of the below or will any be missed?

I don't have cable but that is nearly the only quality TV anymore. (minus news and sports) Those cable shows I can see are either on Hulu or Netflix (or DVD) and there is more than enough there for my kind of viewing.

Broadcast ax: Cancelled shows 2012-13 | Inside TV | EW.com

Deception (NBC): Cancelled.
Animal Practice (NBC): Put down.
Do No Harm (NBC): Harmed.
30 Rock (NBC): Over.
Guys with Kids (NBC): You can’t believe how cancelled this is.
The Office (NBC): Closed.
Smash (NBC): Smushed.
Up All Night (NBC): Christina Applegate quit: This was cancelled … by its own star!
Whitney (NBC): Thankfully.
1600 Penn (NBC): Impeached.
Made in Jersey (CBS): Terminated.
Private Practice (ABC): Spin-off heaven.
Partners (CBS): Dumped
Ben & Kate (Fox): & Cancelled.
Vegas (CBS): Lost.
Go On (NBC): Get out.
Fringe (Fox): R.I.P.
Touch (Fox): Touchable.
The Job (CBS): What?
The Mob Doctor (Fox): Ha! That title. Yeah. Deceased.
Don’t Trust the B– in Apt. 23 (ABC): Speaking of: Did anyone really believe a comedy with “B—-” in the title was going to last?
666 Park Avenue (ABC): Hellbound.
Last Resort (ABC): Indeed.
Rules of Engagement (CBS): Broken.
Golden Boy (CBS): Tarnished.
CSI: NY (CBS): Two down, one to go.
Zero Hour (ABC): Zero something all right.
Emily Owens, M.D. (The CW): Crashed.
How to Live with Your Parents (ABC): Evicted.
Red Widow (ABC): Swatted.
Body of Proof (ABC): D.O.A.
The New Normal (NBC): Or not.
Malibu Country (ABC): Overthrown.
Happy Endings (ABC): Until this happened.
90210 (The CW): Finished.
Cult (The CW): Unfollowed.

I liked the early years of The Office and Fringe but both shows kinda fell off a cliff for me. Most of the rest I don't even recognise. I did see a few eps of Happy Endings on Hulu and thought that show was OK for what it was.

Watched Fringe but it got weird in season 4; still haven't watched season 5.

Liked 666 Park Ave, wished they had given it more time. It was different.

Go On was funny but I never remembered it was on.

The rest... except for the end of the run shows, all are forgettable. Thought Body of Proof had gotten a second chance; guess it flopped.

Falling Skies returns 6/9 @ 9pm 2 hr premiere.

Dexter's final season starts 6/30. Bittersweet.

I don't have cable but that is nearly the only quality TV anymore. (minus news and sports) Those cable shows I can see are either on Hulu or Netflix (or DVD) and there is more than enough there for my kind of viewing.

Up All Night (NBC): Christina Applegate quit: This was cancelled … by its own star!
Don’t Trust the B– in Apt. 23 (ABC): Speaking of: Did anyone really believe a comedy with “B—-” in the title was going to last?

I liked the early years of The Office and Fringe but both shows kinda fell off a cliff for me. Most of the rest I don't even recognise. I did see a few eps of Happy Endings on Hulu and thought that show was OK for what it was.

The rest... except for the end of the run shows, all are forgettable. Thought Body of Proof had gotten a second chance; guess it flopped.

666 is coming back next month too i seen for a 2nd chance........

666 is coming back next month too i seen for a 2nd chance........

What? I stopped watching it around the 7th or 8th episode because I read that it was given the axe. It's not quite dead yet?

eta: No, it's cancelled. They're just finishing it up in June, like they're doing for some other shows. Dang.

http://tvline.com/2013/04/26/zero-hour-do-no-harm-666-park-avenue-return-june-saturday/

Last edited:

Zero Hour is coming back to finish out the rest of the episodes June 7 i think....

Sweet! I hadn't heard that. Thanks!

Ahhhhh.....Falling Skies!!! :thup: :clap2:

Forum List

Back