"Brownie....You're Doin' A Helluva Job"

The bottom line is Katrina illustrated what happens when you have a large segment of society lacking not only the ability to take care of themselves but also the mentality to take care of themselves. The people of New Orleans and the surrounding parishes were told to get the fuck out of Dodge. But, they stayed anyway assuming they would be taken care of.... and it didn't happen. Nagin broke down, Eddie Compass broke down, the whole system broke down... as did the federal levee system.

Well, Soggy, I guess that the employees of Charity Hospital just didn't have the mentality to take care of themselves. All employees were under contract to work either the before hurricane shift, or the after hurricane shift. Anyone who did not show up was to be automatically fired.

During Katrina, Bush used strategery by flying over the city rather than driving through it. "Ya see, that way the terrorists can't win by hating our freedom".

I'm sure Bush told Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rove, Satan that they all did a 'heckuva job' on Iraq.

He still does. Because fact isn't a necessary commodity in the conservative mind.

Bush was returning from a trip to the west coast and diverted to fly over NO. No President would have landed with no preparation by the Secret Service and a plan to meet with the appropriate state officials. They were all to busy trying to cover cover their ass for not being prepared for a cat 4 Hurricane when they had ample warning to evacuate.
there was no place to land..the airport wasn't magically immune from storm damage...

That he flew over isn't the problem really..the problem was the lack of response for days and days.

I saw Army helicopters rescuing people as soon as the wind died down enough for them to safely fly.

more likely coast guard, but your point is valid. By not landing Bush allowed the rescue people to do their jobs without the delays that his security detail would have caused. It was the right thing to do----give up a photo op and let the recovery proceed.
Umm, the federal response did not require a personal appearance by Bush. Aid, food, and medical supplies would have sufficed. There was no excuse to take a week to get down there.

Uhm, no... it was Blanco's indecision that led to the delays.

Blanco Refused To Act... Governor’s Indecision Cost Precious Time

The bottom line is Katrina illustrated what happens when you have a large segment of society lacking not only the ability to take care of themselves but also the mentality to take care of themselves. The people of New Orleans and the surrounding parishes were told to get the fuck out of Dodge. But, they stayed anyway assuming they would be taken care of.... and it didn't happen. Nagin broke down, Eddie Compass broke down, the whole system broke down... as did the federal levee system.

Well, Soggy, I guess that the employees of Charity Hospital just didn't have the mentality to take care of themselves. All employees were under contract to work either the before hurricane shift, or the after hurricane shift. Anyone who did not show up was to be automatically fired.

Dude, I'm not talking about hospital workers.. we know why they stayed. Geesh.

Remember Katrina and George W. Bush's totally unbelievable mishandling of the massive destruction and death in Louisiana, and Mississippi? I Do!

It wasn't as bad and irresponsible as Iraq but it was in the game.
You talking about when Nagin went to prison for corruption over the way he handled the money?
No, he's talking about how Bush and the republicans criminally mishandled the response to a national emergency and 1500 people died.
V
Bush couldn't control the weather, but Nagin could sure control NO's preparation and reactions.

But we know your answer to that. Democrats aren't responsible for their own incompetence...

Yes! Thats the complaint....BUSH DIDNT CONTROL THE WEATHER! HURR DURR DURR!

During Katrina, Bush used strategery by flying over the city rather than driving through it. "Ya see, that way the terrorists can't win by hating our freedom".

I'm sure Bush told Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rove, Satan that they all did a 'heckuva job' on Iraq.

He still does. Because fact isn't a necessary commodity in the conservative mind.

Bush was returning from a trip to the west coast and diverted to fly over NO. No President would have landed with no preparation by the Secret Service and a plan to meet with the appropriate state officials. They were all to busy trying to cover cover their ass for not being prepared for a cat 4 Hurricane when they had ample warning to evacuate.
there was no place to land..the airport wasn't magically immune from storm damage...

That he flew over isn't the problem really..the problem was the lack of response for days and days.

I saw Army helicopters rescuing people as soon as the wind died down enough for them to safely fly.

more likely coast guard, but your point is valid. By not landing Bush allowed the rescue people to do their jobs without the delays that his security detail would have caused. It was the right thing to do----give up a photo op and let the recovery proceed.
Umm, the federal response did not require a personal appearance by Bush. Aid, food, and medical supplies would have sufficed. There was no excuse to take a week to get down there.

Only a submarine would have been able to deliver anything there until the water receded and the roads were made passable. I saw boats rescuing people and delivering water and food to stranded people in homes.

No, he's talking about how Bush and the republicans criminally mishandled the response to a national emergency and 1500 people died.

Because FEMA is the first responder, and not a funding agency to rebuild..

Leftists - sure they're lying twats - but they make up for it with stupidity...
FEMA fucked up royally.

oh well, so then you jokers go and put MORE government on our back with ObamaCare. they couldn't even get a damn Website up and running right. Look what the EPA just went and did to some of rivers, look at the BLM taking 200 armed agents to harass ONE RANCHER. And we could on and on. but some of you people (mostly you lib/dems) seem to think WE NEED MORE GUBERMENT or we can't live

Bush returning to New Orleans 10 years after Katrina. That's like a perp returning to the house he robbed 10 years earlier for a reunion get together.

To use an analogy...it would be like someone crossing the desert with no gas in their tank and four bald tires complaining that it took way too long for AAA to respond to their frantic calls for help once they broke down!

Sssssomething like that ... understanding that the tires and the duty of keeping the tank full was the responsibility of the Army Corps of Engineers -- which is, this just in, not part of the city's administration.

Nothing like reading the thread history where all this has been spelled out and linked. Yesterday.

With all due respect, Pogo...the history of Federal monies that have been poured into New Orleans to improve the levies but ended up in some crooked local's pocket instead is so extensive that trying to list it would probably make this site crash! There is a REASON why Ray Nagin is sitting in a prison cell right now and it's not because he did a wonderful job with the millions of dollars that the Federal Government gave him to fix the levies.

It took me 5 1/2 months to rebuild my house. On the Friday that I finished, I gave a house warming party. It was interrupted by FEMA who arrived at my door to tell me that they have brought my FEMA trailer. I gave them my suggestion of what they could do with it.

To use an analogy...it would be like someone crossing the desert with no gas in their tank and four bald tires complaining that it took way too long for AAA to respond to their frantic calls for help once they broke down!

Sssssomething like that ... understanding that the tires and the duty of keeping the tank full was the responsibility of the Army Corps of Engineers -- which is, this just in, not part of the city's administration.

Nothing like reading the thread history where all this has been spelled out and linked. Yesterday.

With all due respect, Pogo...the history of Federal monies that have been poured into New Orleans to improve the levies but ended up in some crooked local's pocket instead is so extensive that trying to list it would probably make this site crash! There is a REASON why Ray Nagin is sitting in a prison cell right now and it's not because he did a wonderful job with the millions of dollars that the Federal Government gave him to fix the levies.

All the contracting was done by the army Corp of Engineers. If they can't deal with New Orleans contractors, I hate to think what Haliburton is doing to them in Iraq..

Last edited:

FEMA fucked up royally.

Read this link and then you will know something.

Blanco Refused To Act... Governor’s Indecision Cost Precious Time

FEMA fucked up royally.

Bullshit. I lived through it. FEMA did the best they could with what they had. The real heroes were the coast guard, the national guard, and the state police. Credit must also be given to thousands of churches and power companies from neighboring states.

But we get it, your goal is to bash Bush by bashing FEMA. your motives are very apparent.

Only a submarine would have been able to deliver anything there until the water receded and the roads were made passable. I saw boats rescuing people and delivering water and food to stranded people in homes.
10 years later and righties are still making excuses. :eusa_doh: Brown's been fired for FEMA's horrible response, you can stop fluffing him now.

FEMA fucked up royally.

Bullshit. I lived through it. FEMA did the best they could with what they had. The real heroes were the coast guard, the national guard, and the state police. Credit must also be given to thousands of churches and power companies from neighboring states.

But we get it, your goal is to bash Bush by bashing FEMA. your motives are very apparent.
Given how many times you've been caught lying to save your failed arguments, I have no doubt you'you're doing it again now.

10 years later and righties are still making excuses. :eusa_doh: Brown's been fired for FEMA's horrible response, you can stop fluffing him now.

Ray Nagin is sitting in prison right now for his actions in the aftermath of Katrina...FEMA responded as it always does...slowly. The reason that Katrina was such a disaster was because the locals were incompetent or corrupt and those locals were all Democrats. Sorry to point out the inconvenient, Kiddies...but Brown was a scapegoat...nothing more nothing less.

Ray Nagin is sitting in prison right now for his actions in the aftermath of Katrina...FEMA responded as it always does...slowly. The reason that Katrina was such a disaster was because the locals were incompetent or corrupt and those locals were all Democrats. Sorry to point out the inconvenient, Kiddies...but Brown was a scapegoat...nothing more nothing less.

Brown was not as clueless as he's been painted -- he was handcuffed by Chertoff, and Chertoff was handcuffed by Rumsfeld It was a grand bureaucratic clusterfuck with supporting roles from state, federal and local sources. Some were Democrats, some were Republicans --- NONE of them were expressing political party ideology. You vermin trying to score political points off the backs of flood victims can get in the clown car, drive to the Astrodome and sit down to a nice meal of shit.

:fu:

Forum List

Back