Brown's Murder was Live-Tweeted

No, I copied and pasted what was written in the tweet that led me to this story.

It is not a MURDER, at worst, maybe, possibly, IF there is evidence to support the elements, involuntary manslaughter, but I doubt even that.

What?

There is video of Brown strangling the shop owner. There is no question that Brown committed criminal acts.

I see video of him pushing the store owner, who, unfazed, then goes to the door yelling at him. Though the store owner makes the FIRST physical contact. I also see Michael Brown at the counter, cannot see if he put money down, likely did not, so maybe petty theft & simple battery. As for the officer, not enough evidence to say he committed ANY crime.

It's legal for a cop to shoot fleeing suspects. Hate it for you, but that's the truth.

Section 563.046 Missouri statutes authorizes a law enforcement officer to use "deadly force" "when he reasonably believes that such use of deadly force is immediately necessary to effect the arrest and also reasonably believes that the person to be arrested . . . has committed or attempted to commit a felony."

If that conflicts with Federal law, it is invalid.

Hmmm,

Is there anyone denying he attacked the cop?

Perhaps, you have not been watching the news. You see, there are riots going on in Missouri.........
Perhaps you're not aware of whom you're posting to? It's the denizens of usmessageboard.com, not the rioters in Missouri.

I see video of him pushing the store owner, who, unfazed, then goes to the door yelling at him. Though the store owner makes the FIRST physical contact. I also see Michael Brown at the counter, cannot see if he put money down, likely did not, so maybe petty theft & simple battery. As for the officer, not enough evidence to say he committed ANY crime.

Grabs him by the throat is "pushing?"

For fucks sake, be real.

Tennessee v. Garner the Supreme Court said differently.

Law enforcement officers pursuing an unarmed suspect may use deadly force to prevent escape only if the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others.

Tennessee v. Garner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's gonna be a really tough thing to convince a jury, especially since:

Imminent threat is the standard for civilians, not police.

The standard for police is Tennessee v. Garner.

I'd say that the assault in the police car, if accurate, meets the standard.

the autopsy showed NO evidence of any struggle whatsoever.

I wonder which of his fellow officers punched him in the eye?

The autopsy showed no evidence of a struggle.

The video of the officer pacing back and forth while the other officer was standing there? Wilson never touches his face, or indicates he was hit in any way. The other officer does not respond to his fellow officer's "damaged" face, either.

And the officer showed no sign of injury minutes later. Said to be devestated.

I wonder which of his fellow officers punched him in the eye?

The autopsy showed no evidence of a struggle.

The video of the officer pacing back and forth while the other officer was standing there? Wilson never touches his face, or indicates he was hit in any way. The other officer does not respond to his fellow officer's "damaged" face, either.

Glad you saw it also, appears fine physically, but emotionally shaky.

Battery on a LEO is a felony, therefore the cop is allowed to use deadly force to apprehend the suspect...according to missouri law. Hate it for you.

Forum List

Back