Buchanan: Stopping Trump with brokered convention would be political suicide for GOP

Going with Trump would be suicide, too. REALLY sucks to be a Republican this time around. McCain and Romney are going to be seen as "the good old days". :laugh2:

If his supporters choose not to vote at all if he doesn't get the nomination, I guess so.

Which would mean that they first threw their conservative values under the bus to back him, then handed the election to Hillary after saying for eight years that the Democrats are destroying the country.

Okay, well, I'm sure all this makes sense to SOMEONE.

Buchanan: Stopping Trump with Brokered Convention Would Be 'Political Suicide' for GOP Establishment - Breitbart

Go ahead and do it. Not only will it NOT stop Trump ( he will just run as an independent) but the GOP neo con candidate will get their ass kicked by Trump AND Clinton. Will make 2012 look like a small smack on the butt....compared to the ASS WHOOPING they would get if they did this.

He is correct.

Th gop voters are tired of the leadership. If they try a stunt like this, fuck them, I'm staying home.

If his supporters choose not to vote at all if he doesn't get the nomination, I guess so.

Which would mean that they first threw their conservative values under the bus to back him, then handed the election to Hillary after saying for eight years that the Democrats are destroying the country.

If the party pisses on US like this, they are throwing US under the bus.

Going with Trump would be suicide, too. REALLY sucks to be a Republican this time around. McCain and Romney are going to be seen as "the good old days". :laugh2:
I have seen MASS ENTHUSIASM actually. Now having a woman under criminal investigation and a communist lite candidate has got to be depressing....

GOP could make deals with several campaigns....Bush is president/makes Rubio VP with cabinet positions for other candidates to back Bush etc.

I have seen MASS ENTHUSIASM actually. Now having a woman under criminal investigation and a communist lite candidate has got to be depressing....

GOP could make deals with several campaigns....Bush is president/makes Rubio VP with cabinet positions for other candidates to back Bush etc.
So Cruz as AG, that kind of thing?

Do you think that would be enough?

Yep. I think it would absolutely be enough. Even a good chunk of Trump voters will vote for the eventual nominee and if the whole thing is hush hush they will never know and would support nominee. I won't. I support Trump only. We managed to stop it in 2012 and I think this would be worse. For the GOP anyways.

A brokered GOP convention is on the Democraps' XMAS wish list........especially since the liberal media constantly brings the subject up.

Only reason that Hillary is ahead of Trump in the polls is because this is strictly the primary season for the R's and no one is truly challenging her on the left.

Last I saw he was only behind her 6 points. Whoever wins the primary as long as it's not Lindsay :lol: is going to go at her full boar. One great thing about having had all these candidates out there is that the Dem party faithful errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr media has not been able to peg off one R candidate at a time like they did last round.

Trump's actually helped out the other candidates by drawing most of the fire and not letting her faithful take out everyone leaving the voters with the Media's choice of R candidate.

A brokered GOP convention is on the Democraps' XMAS wish list........especially since the liberal media constantly brings the subject up.
Wonder if we will see some screaming and screeching once Sanders wins New Hampshire and comes in a VERY CLOSE 2nd in Iowa?

Yep. I think it would absolutely be enough. Even a good chunk of Trump voters will vote for the eventual nominee and if the whole thing is hush hush they will never know and would support nominee. I won't. I support Trump only. We managed to stop it in 2012 and I think this would be worse. For the GOP anyways.

Always keep in mind that in the end the winner of this Presidential election will be in charge of appointing at least one Supreme.

Think of the EO's Hillary could sign into law. Then make your decision. At least get out and campaign your face off to make certain you retain the House and the Senate.

ETA: I really feel badly for you btw. Too many people up here decided they just couldn't back the Conservative government any more and stayed home. Now my government is farther left than Stalin.

Same thing in Alberta. Tired of the conservatives, stayed home now they have a female version of Mao running the province and she is poised to destroy our oil industry. It's bad.

Says the far left drone that is going to vote for worse than Bush ion 2016..

It is cute to see that these drones actually believe they get a choice in their nominations..

I'm sorry but the fact that bush can't even get the votes of the gop base in the primary should be a HUGE red flag.

The republicans don't even want another bush. Why would anyone think that the rest of America wants another one?

We've had two of them so far. The first one took us to the edge of economic collapse. The second one took us over that edge into economic collapse.

Anyone who would want to have another bush to destroy our economy again needs to have their head examined.

If the GOP had such an event, it would rival the Democratic Convention of 1968 as far as being actually interesting.

Always keep in mind that in the end the winner of this Presidential election will be in charge of appointing at least one Supreme.

Think of the EO's Hillary could sign into law. Then make your decision. At least get out and campaign your face off to make certain you retain the House and the Senate.

ETA: I really feel badly for you btw. Too many people up here decided they just couldn't back the Conservative government any more and stayed home. Now my government is farther left than Stalin.

Same thing in Alberta. Tired of the conservatives, stayed home now they have a female version of Mao running the province and she is poised to destroy our oil industry. It's bad.
Which would increase the collapse of America. All the better for me. Either it speeds the collapse up or it makes people REACT to their guns being taken or something. I will vote for the American Freedom Party for president if Trump isn't nominee. If he runs as independent he has my vote.

"Buchanan: Stopping Trump with brokered convention would be political suicide for GOP"

Which is why it isn't going to happen.

It's miserable to be a republican in general – to be consistently wrong on most of the issues most of the time.

I'm sorry but the fact that bush can't even get the votes of the gop base in the primary should be a HUGE red flag.

The republicans don't even want another bush. Why would anyone think that the rest of America wants another one?

We've had two of them so far. The first one took us to the edge of economic collapse. The second one took us over that edge into economic collapse.

Anyone who would want to have another bush to destroy our economy again needs to have their head examined.
Pick a candidate....Rubio would be a good establishment candidate they could get pretty much everyone behind....Christie maybe.
If the GOP had such an event, it would rival the Democratic Convention of 1968 as far as being actually interesting.
Interesting...care to share what you mean? I am sure I got a book on that election but haven't read it yet.

Which would increase the collapse of America. All the better for me. Either it speeds the collapse up or it makes people REACT to their guns being taken or something. I will vote for the American Freedom Party for president if Trump isn't nominee. If he runs as independent he has my vote.

Back up your House and Senate then. Make it veto proof. You cannot afford to let Hillary run free. Your collapse will be painful. All hell's breaking loose up here already and we're planning on coming south depending on how the elections turn next November or seriously heading into the bush.

We're dual citizens by the way so we have more options than others. But because so many Canucks couldn't hold their nose we're in deep shit now with carbon taxes and cap and trade looming on the horizon.

Forum List

Back