Bundling threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the biggest story of the year, I think the moderators did the board a major disservice in trying to enforce petty rules

Having a single thread of over a hundred pages and 1500 posts does not allow for all the angles of this major event

Poor job and I hope you learn from it

:lol: Huggy didn't say Obama killed bin laden.

Poor Gunny, it really kills you that this happened under Obama. Boo fucking hoo.

Actually, Ravster..... this started on Bush's watch, Obama ended it. So, if we're credited Presidents, credit both.... because the original intel came from Gitmo, from Khalid Shiek Mohammend.... under Enhanced Interrogation Techniques... or.... waterboarding.... or, to put it another way.... torture got the intel that led to the name of the courier that led to the compound that led to Osama.

Credit where it's due. A whole bunch of people played really important parts in this outcome. Obama finished what Bush started. Both deserve some credit.... but, far more than them... credit to the CIA analysts who sat there and unraveled this thread, and most of all to Team 6 who went in, did the job and left.... and let's hope they picked up some useful intel to continue chasing the rest of these bastards.

Actually what Obama had control over was the Date, "May Day". Fitting Date in ObamaWorld. Thank You for at least putting Someone Competant in charge of the CIA Comrade President. Good work Leon!!! I can only imagine what you had to overcome to accomplish this monumental task. Of course I'm referring to the Army of Political Appointee's that know little more than how to obstruct through Administrative Process.

On the biggest story of the year, I think the moderators did the board a major disservice in trying to enforce petty rules

Having a single thread of over a hundred pages and 1500 posts does not allow for all the angles of this major event

gee, does this mean you won't be sending our christmas bonuses this year?

i might cry myself to sleep.

You didn't enjoy your fruitcake?

Next year you all get ChiaPets

You didn't enjoy your fruitcake?

not particularly- i get a pretty big chunk of fruitcake every day

:lol: Huggy didn't say Obama killed bin laden.

Poor Gunny, it really kills you that this happened under Obama. Boo fucking hoo.

Actually, Ravster..... this started on Bush's watch, Obama ended it. So, if we're credited Presidents, credit both.... because the original intel came from Gitmo, from Khalid Shiek Mohammend.... under Enhanced Interrogation Techniques... or.... waterboarding.... or, to put it another way.... torture got the intel that led to the name of the courier that led to the compound that led to Osama.

Credit where it's due. A whole bunch of people played really important parts in this outcome. Obama finished what Bush started. Both deserve some credit.... but, far more than them... credit to the CIA analysts who sat there and unraveled this thread, and most of all to Team 6 who went in, did the job and left.... and let's hope they picked up some useful intel to continue chasing the rest of these bastards.

The information on bin Laden's whereabouts didn't come from KSM, but from a lowly gofer, a courier who probably got a shiny new bike to ride instead of a donkey. He was tracked for months, taken in and interrogated, and voila! He led agents right to OBL's bedroom community. I can't wait for the movie!

This is just feedback.

I have noticed quite a few title changes of threads. In my opinion that is wrong and an abuse of all of those little buttons.

I thought this site was about freedom of speech. What people name their threads is part of their freedom of speech as far as I am concerned.

I can understand changing a title when the author requests the change. I do not feel that it is right to change a title based on whim.

Let me clear up a misconception for you.

You have NO right to freedom of speech on a message board.

Have a nice day.

This is just feedback.

I have noticed quite a few title changes of threads. In my opinion that is wrong and an abuse of all of those little buttons.

I thought this site was about freedom of speech. What people name their threads is part of their freedom of speech as far as I am concerned.

I can understand changing a title when the author requests the change. I do not feel that it is right to change a title based on whim.

I noticed that too. All seemed to have happened in the last day or so.

WTF?

This is just feedback.

Just logging on and I see a thread a posted in earlier today has been re-titled. Now I'm known as a deather.

Have a nice day.

Yes, you're right.

But she said "I thought this site was about freedom of speech." And it always has been. One of the things that the staff has always done well is let fucktwits be fucktwits. As long as someone doesn't violate the TOS, their post stands. There have been exceptions of course. Such as Spiderman Tuba's BP threads, and Lil Ol' Lady's immigration threads. And even the recent OBL threads. But that is more about housekeeping than anything else. Less clutter and confusion.

But now it seems the mod buttons are being used just as another tool to play "gotcha" with another poster.

Not cool at all.

Have a nice day.

Yes, you're right.

But she said "I thought this site was about freedom of speech." And it always has been. One of the things that the staff has always done well is let fucktwits be fucktwits. As long as someone doesn't violate the TOS, their post stands. There have been exceptions of course. Such as Spiderman Tuba's BP threads, and Lil Ol' Lady's immigration threads. And even the recent OBL threads. But that is more about housekeeping than anything else. Less clutter and confusion.

But now it seems the mod buttons are being used just as another tool to play "gotcha" with another poster.

Not cool at all.

We are Trying to Consolidate, Not Edit, Not Trash. We are still working it out, Hourly.

Have a nice day.

Yes, you're right.

Not cool at all.

Going for a wider base, on right, left, inbetween, too dumb to know?

Have a nice day.

Yes, you're right.

Not cool at all.

So you think that no moderator on this board has ever done so before? Or yall are just offended that is now happening to you or what? I'm confused.....

Have a nice day.

Yes, you're right.

Not cool at all.

So you think that no moderator on this board has ever done so before? Or yall are just offended that is now happening to you or what? I'm confused.....

It hasn't happened to me.

It specifically happened to Truthmatters that I saw. And you know how I feel about her. This isn't about me sticking up for a poster, but rather the rules of the road so to speak. And I know you're relatively new, but this hasn't been an issue until recently that I see. Like, in the past 48 hours.

One of the great things about the place was the tagline "Where your voice counts". Well, we all know that that is just a nice saying. Our voice doesn't really "count" any more than anywhere else. But at least it WAS our voice, ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back