Bundling threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me clear up a misconception for you.

You have NO right to freedom of speech on a message board.

Have a nice day.

Yes, you're right.

But she said "I thought this site was about freedom of speech." And it always has been. One of the things that the staff has always done well is let fucktwits be fucktwits. As long as someone doesn't violate the TOS, their post stands. There have been exceptions of course. Such as Spiderman Tuba's BP threads, and Lil Ol' Lady's immigration threads. And even the recent OBL threads. But that is more about housekeeping than anything else. Less clutter and confusion.

But now it seems the mod buttons are being used just as another tool to play "gotcha" with another poster.

Not cool at all.

We are Trying to Consolidate, Not Edit, Not Trash. We are still working it out, Hourly.

So...TM named her own thread here?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-romper-room/165583-what-dumbshit-leftist-antiamericans-think-of-capitalism.html

Have a nice day.

Yes, you're right.

But she said "I thought this site was about freedom of speech." And it always has been. One of the things that the staff has always done well is let fucktwits be fucktwits. As long as someone doesn't violate the TOS, their post stands. There have been exceptions of course. Such as Spiderman Tuba's BP threads, and Lil Ol' Lady's immigration threads. And even the recent OBL threads. But that is more about housekeeping than anything else. Less clutter and confusion.

But now it seems the mod buttons are being used just as another tool to play "gotcha" with another poster.

Not cool at all.

We are Trying to Consolidate, Not Edit, Not Trash. We are still working it out, Hourly.

Sometimes consolidation does not make it easier to follow an issue. On an important issue like today multiple issues and concerns get lumped into a 100+ page thread with multiple thousand posts.

It did not make for a better board

Yes, you're right.

Not cool at all.

So...TM named her own thread here?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-romper-room/165583-what-dumbshit-leftist-antiamericans-think-of-capitalism.html

TM needs to work on her Thread Titles.

Yes, you're right.

Not cool at all.

So you think that no moderator on this board has ever done so before? Or yall are just offended that is now happening to you or what? I'm confused.....

It hasn't happened to me.

It specifically happened to Truthmatters that I saw. And you know how I feel about her. This isn't about me sticking up for a poster, but rather the rules of the road so to speak. And I know you're relatively new, but this hasn't been an issue until recently that I see. Like, in the past 48 hours.

One of the great things about the place was the tagline "Where your voice counts". Well, we all know that that is just a nice saying. Our voice doesn't really "count" any more than anywhere else. But at least it WAS our voice, ya know?

Well, it's just been MY experience that EVERY site has at least a mod or two who at least occasionally abuse their powers. So why would anyone be surprised that this site would also?

Yes, you're right.

Not cool at all.

Sometimes consolidation does not make it easier to follow an issue. On an important issue like today multiple issues and concerns get lumped into a 100+ page thread with multiple thousand posts.

I agree. It's too easy for the spinoff subjects and concerns and thoughts to get lost in the noise.

Great. Osama is dead. We know. Now the ramifications can go out in a multitude of directions and talking about is cool. But it gets lost in the static if it's thrown into the Osama is dead thread.

:dunno:

So you think that no moderator on this board has ever done so before? Or yall are just offended that is now happening to you or what? I'm confused.....

It specifically happened to Truthmatters that I saw. And you know how I feel about her. This isn't about me sticking up for a poster, but rather the rules of the road so to speak. And I know you're relatively new, but this hasn't been an issue until recently that I see. Like, in the past 48 hours.

One of the great things about the place was the tagline "Where your voice counts". Well, we all know that that is just a nice saying. Our voice doesn't really "count" any more than anywhere else. But at least it WAS our voice, ya know?

Well, it's just been MY experience that EVERY site has at least a mod or two who at least occasionally abuse their powers. So why would anyone be surprised that this site would also?

USMB hasn't had that issue really. Which is why it has been one of the best.

Yes, you're right.

Not cool at all.

There were too many. You guys are starting way too many Threads without checking. It does not help.

Oh, I rather doubt that just all of a sudden this site has had an issue that never plagued it before. It's more likely that it has been happening all along, only it's been happening to unpopular posters , or posters who didn't feel it necessary to post about it. After all, if a post is modified by a moderator, who would know unless the original author spoke up?

Oh, I rather doubt that just all of a sudden this site has had an issue that never plagued it before. It's more likely that it has been happening all along, only it's been happening to unpopular posters , or posters who didn't feel it necessary to post about it. After all, if a post is modified by a moderator, who would know unless the original author spoke up?

You think TM is popular?

:lol:

You think TM is popular?

No of course not, I think someone else had their thread edited, and used TruthBeDamned thread as further evidence.

In either case, I would wager money that moderators have been at least occasionally editing posts since this website was first started. It's human nature to abuse power.

Just my opinion and nothing more:

Bundling this made it confusing. Although I understand why it was done. However, it would have eventually leveled out like they always do....once the "newness" wore down.

Just sayin'.

Two Points Guy's Before The Thread is Closed.

Moderators are held accountable for our Actions.

Discussing these Issues really needs to be limited to PM Format.

Let's try to keep this Thread open by limiting the conversation to Bundling.

You think TM is popular?

No of course not, I think someone else had their thread edited, and used TruthBeDamned thread as further evidence.

In either case, I would wager money that moderators have been at least occasionally editing posts since this website was first started. It's human nature to abuse power.
Well, I hope you are wrong about that. I've never seen it happen and hope I don't ever see it happen.

Two Points Guy's Before The Thread is Closed.

Moderators are held accountable for our Actions.

Discussing these Issues really needs to be limited to PM Format.

Let's try to keep this Thread open by limiting the conversation to Bundling.

ok.

But I called it MERGING threads. :tongue:

Running this board is not easy, this I understand. With so many members and so many differing opinions, it must be quite a chore. Had my own board for awhile, so I "get it" of merging threads. However, perhaps not all at once in one thread would be better, and in 2 or 3 instead? Or best yet, not doing it at all and waiting it out? It all will begin to sink eventually. Or, mods could bump up some old threads. I used to be a pretty good bumper, myself. :lol:

If you feel the Merge Button finger beginning to twitch, you guys can just drop me a pm. I'll be happy to bump and grind a few to the top.:eusa_whistle:

Sorry, guys, but I don't think it's fair to bundle all threads started regarding Osama bin Gotten into what's already 1300+ strong. I for one don't have time to plow through all of those, nor would I want to. For one thing, there are going to be many aspects to this operation that will unfold in the next few days, and they deserve SEPARATE threads. If some are obviously similar, that's a different story.

Same thing with bundling everything regarding Trump. I mean, seriously? What on earth is the point? I may want to post something about his stone face at the Correspondents' Dinner the other night, but for anyone to join in THAT discussion (just as an example), they'd never find it.

What you're doing lately is making it like a comment section for an online newspaper article, where people normally only weigh in once. This is supposed to be a FORUM.

I hope you keep this comment HERE, because it's my "feedback" and posted in the appropriate place.

Thank you.
Maggie

Yes, it is a very discouraging practice and one of the reasons I seldom post threads anymore. Who has, or wants, to take the time to go through all those posts in order to make a potential redundant comment, much less put thoughtul energy into it. Not I. It's happened to me twice in the past month, and on those rare occasions when I even post threads. It is as a slap in the face to see your thread gone, and consolidated into a 1000 post thread started by another. Very frustrating. A major negative of the site.

Have a nice day.

Yes, you're right.

Not cool at all.

To be specific about the thread i was siting: it was about the inclusion of the word nazi. Something not to be used lightly by anyone. I know as a poster if i did not use that word i would be offended of having it added in. It breaks the quote rule as far as i am concerned too. It is changing the words of another to reflect something that was not intended by the poster.

I was not referring to bundling.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...zi-tsa-sexual-assault-of-former-miss-usa.html

Last edited:
Yes, you're right.

Not cool at all.

To be specific about the thread i was siting: it was about the inclusion of the word nazi. Something not to be used lightly by anyone. I know as a poster if i did not use that word i would be offended of having it added in. It breaks the quote rule as far as i am concerned too. I is changing the words of another to reflect something that was not intended by the poster.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...zi-tsa-sexual-assault-of-former-miss-usa.html

So....that's two threads in the last 24 hours so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back