🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bundy: "I may be a welfare queen, but..."

Do you deny that a divide of the people is ongoing here in the U.S..............

It is apparent and clear.................

You know this and spout Statist theme songs all day long........

We oppose you and tell you where you can go with it. You don the same.............

It's reality Lib..........and you know it.

So spare me the false BS over it.

If there is a divide, then that is because there are forces that are following their own agenda, forces that want to divide us. Imo.

And Obama is referred to as the Great Divider in this nation. He has worsened the divide...............

What happened to the Blue Dogs who dared stand their ground on Obamacare.............

How many of them left.................

Your side purged them and you know it, because they refused to follow lock and step to the Goose step.

Really? If that is true, then where did they go? Because we all know they didn't go to the Republicans. I just find it ludicrous that this issue has diverged from what is essentially a rent issue to some kind of political free for all about Obama (someone who had nothing to do with this issue).

Last edited:
If there is a divide, then that is because there are forces that are following their own agenda, forces that want to divide us. Imo.

And Obama is referred to as the Great Divider in this nation. He has worsened the divide...............

What happened to the Blue Dogs who dared stand their ground on Obamacare.............

Your side purged them and you know it, because they refused to follow lock and step to the Goose step.

Really? If that is true, then where did they go? Because we all know they didn't go to the Republicans.

Probably lobbyist as so many of these former politicians are

Really? If that is true, then where did they go? Because we all know they didn't go to the Republicans.

LOL.........

Perhaps the Dems should have supported them more..............Oh, but they didn't.

oops.

Well, it isn't going to much matter in the not too distant future what the government does with that land, because with the west turning into another Sahara desert, Bundy's land, which is already highly marginal, will be useless even for marginal cattle grazing. I suppose he could try to raise a few gila monsters for diabetes research.

Well, it isn't going to much matter in the not too distant future what the government does with that land, because with the west turning into another Sahara desert, Bundy's land, which is already highly marginal, will be useless even for marginal cattle grazing. I suppose he could try to raise a few gila monsters for diabetes research.

Ummm

Well it is the desert..........and why the cattle must be spread out over larger areas of land.

Ummm

Well it is the desert..........and why the cattle must be spread out over larger areas of land.

Listen, grazing cattle on public lands is not a right; it is a privilege that can be granted or taken away. He had over 20 years to appeal the BLM decision, which he did, and lost. He had his day in court. Game over.

Ummm

Listen, grazing cattle on public lands is not a right; it is a privilege that can be granted or taken away. He had over 20 years to appeal the BLM decision, which he did, and lost. He had his day in court. Game over.

It's never over when the States may very well challenge the Feds on the lands..........and this is a direct result of the Bundy situation..............

We shall see if the game is over..........

Ummm

It's never over when the States may very well challenge the Feds on the lands..........and this is a direct result of the Bundy situation..............

I have no doubt that a few states may well challenge the Feds in court. I also have little doubt that if that is their only game plan, they will lose. I believe the only changes that will ever be made will come out of Congress, and that's going to be a hard sell, at best.

I have no doubt that a few states may well challenge the Feds in court. I also have little doubt that if that is their only game plan, they will lose. I believe the only changes that will ever be made will come out of Congress, and that's going to be a hard sell, at best.

Time will tell.............

Politics in the U.S. is absurd...

Bundy refused to obey federal law and with the aid of armed militia was able to fend off the feds. This appeals to the romantic notion of freedom as espoused by the political right. So they support him.

However, there are legal means of using the democratic system to change the laws.

If Bundy and other ranchers would have started a grassroots political organization to change the laws, this would have been perceived as a leftist/liberal organization and the political right would be against him, while the political left would support him.

I believe that Bundy and other ranchers have a very valid argument for changing the the laws regarding federal ownership of land in Nevada. Clearly 81.1% of Nevada being owned by the federal government is excessive - especially when that land is needed for the cattle industry.

However, I also believe that we are a nation of laws and that people should obey those laws, that if those laws are wrong we do have a political system for changing them.

So what is really at issue is the right-wing's romantic notion of using force of arms to settle a legal/political issue vs. the left-wing's notion of using the political system to change laws in a peaceful and legal way.

It's an argument over methods rather than substance.

Do you deny that a divide of the people is ongoing here in the U.S..............

It is apparent and clear.................

You know this and spout Statist theme songs all day long........

We oppose you and tell you where you can go with it. You don the same.............

It's reality Lib..........and you know it.

So spare me the false BS over it.

Congrats you're one of them.:eusa_clap:

I could say the very same thing about you, but both statements - yours and mine, would be false.

I am talking about powerful forces, not individual citizens.

Bundy's not too bright for walking into that racist trap set by the reporter.

Wait a minute. Are you talking about his statements about black people?

The reporter was done, ready to move on. It was Bundy who, all on his own, decided to rant like this. The reporter did not encourage him in any way, nor was there any entrapment.

These comments are not the issue. Whether or not Bundy is really Racist is not the issue. It is about State's Rights versus Federal Rights, and why the Federal Gov't owns so much of Nevada and most of the Western States.

We understand the origins of the States, and how they were purchased or taken from Mexico. However, these battles to take the land or purchases to buy the land were paid by We The People. The Federal Gov't isn't a entity of itself. It is only a representative group of We The People. The Liberals talk as if the Federal Gov't is a person, and not a representative arm of the We The People, which is one of their major malfunctions.

We the People in the State of Nevada means the people residing there and not the Federal Gov't who owns over 81.1% of the land via CBO 2010 report. So the people there, and their State Legislature there can't use land in their own State without permission from the Feds. How is this representative of a Republic?

It's not, and that issue still remains..................

The left who loves the nanny state will use RACISM from the comments of Bundy to divert the issue away from a movement for States to take the land in their State away from the Feds. As if the Feds seize more land in Nevada they might as well desolve the dang State as there will be NOTHING LEFT OF IT for the State to own or regulate anyway.

Actually Bundy’s racism is very much the issue, as it represents the partisan right’s desperation to contrive a controversy where none exists for some perceived political gain, and how the right’s propensity to lie and distort the truth blew up in their collective face.

Otherwise, there is no ‘issue’ with regard to ‘states’ rights.’

Since the advent of the Republic it has been accepted and settled Constitutional jurisprudence that Federal laws, the rulings of Federal courts, and the Federal Constitution are supreme, where the states are subject to Federal law as intended by the Framers and codified by the Supremacy Clause.

As you ignore current land grab attempts by the Department of Interior.............aka the BLM...............

They've started a fight with Texas that will be fought all the way to the Supreme Court unless the BLM backs down on their attempt to seize 90,000 acres of Texas.

I hope they don't back down on this one, as Texas will fight them all the way, and force a decision on whether they can come down there and take the land whether the States agree or not...........

Perhaps we can force the State's Rights versus Federal Rights to seize land any time they damn well please without consent of congress or the States.

This whole issue is not about Race.

Of course not. It has nothing to do with race. Liberals saw they were losing on the issues so had to catch an inartful and inarticulate man in a crafted gotcha moment. Bundy said that black people were still on the democrat plantation. That's nothing that hasn't been said a thousand times before and known to be true.

The real issue is the practice of the federal government to seize the private property of citizens.

Actually Bundy’s racism is very much the issue, as it represents the partisan right’s desperation to contrive a controversy where none exists for some perceived political gain, and how the right’s propensity to lie and distort the truth blew up in their collective face.

Otherwise, there is no ‘issue’ with regard to ‘states’ rights.’

Since the advent of the Republic it has been accepted and settled Constitutional jurisprudence that Federal laws, the rulings of Federal courts, and the Federal Constitution are supreme, where the states are subject to Federal law as intended by the Framers and codified by the Supremacy Clause.

As you ignore current land grab attempts by the Department of Interior.............aka the BLM...............

They've started a fight with Texas that will be fought all the way to the Supreme Court unless the BLM backs down on their attempt to seize 90,000 acres of Texas.

I hope they don't back down on this one, as Texas will fight them all the way, and force a decision on whether they can come down there and take the land whether the States agree or not...........

Perhaps we can force the State's Rights versus Federal Rights to seize land any time they damn well please without consent of congress or the States.

This whole issue is not about Race.

Of course not. It has nothing to do with race. Liberals saw they were losing on the issues so had to catch an inartful and inarticulate man in a crafted gotcha moment. Bundy said that black people were still on the democrat plantation. That's nothing that hasn't been said a thousand times before and known to be true.

The real issue is the practice of the federal government to seize the private property of citizens.

No. That man made that moment for himself all on his own. It's his own doing and his own responsibility, and non one else's.

Nevada sided with the US Federal government. Cliven Bundy lost in court. That's how all of this started. Stupid inbred drunk white trash Republican rednecks then drove from out of state without knowing what the real situation was and forced an armed standoff with Federal agents trying to enforce a court order in defense of a rich racist criminal who does not recognize the United States as existing.

Cliven Bundy failed and the right-wing Republican rednecks failed even more. Please, no more Cliven Bundy threads or Republican party.

You know, comments like this are no different than using the "n" word or the term "fag".

Essentially, it indicates that you are a small-minded, ignorant asshole.

These comments are not the issue. Whether or not Bundy is really Racist is not the issue. It is about State's Rights versus Federal Rights, and why the Federal Gov't owns so much of Nevada and most of the Western States..

You dont make the rules

These comments are not the issue. Whether or not Bundy is really Racist is not the issue. It is about State's Rights versus Federal Rights, and why the Federal Gov't owns so much of Nevada and most of the Western States..

You dont make the rules

Neither do you.

And since when does the law or rules apply to the current administration as they pick and choose which ones to enforce..............

Forum List

Back