🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bundy: "I may be a welfare queen, but..."

--pins--

LOL.

Whatever.............not enough coffee this morning..............So give me a spelling error ticket or STFU.

That is not just a spelling error and it has nothing to do with coffee. For your entire life, you have thought the word is "pin". You have heard "bullpin" instead of "bullpen". You have heard it said incorrectly......and therefore have said it incorrectly.....since you were a kid.

I find that to be funny. Sad, but funny. All of us are guilty of something similar. Usually, however, it involves a word with more than three letters.

Lighten up....laugh at yourself a little.

I'll take it under advisement. But we will continue to oppose each other our views are pretty much completely opposite on everything.

It is what it is, as your side continues to defend the Federal to have power over everything.

I believe that this is against the intent of the Constitution and is a poison to our country.

Whatever.............not enough coffee this morning..............So give me a spelling error ticket or STFU.

That is not just a spelling error and it has nothing to do with coffee. For your entire life, you have thought the word is "pin". You have heard "bullpin" instead of "bullpen". You have heard it said incorrectly......and therefore have said it incorrectly.....since you were a kid.

I find that to be funny. Sad, but funny. All of us are guilty of something similar. Usually, however, it involves a word with more than three letters.

Lighten up....laugh at yourself a little.

I'll take it under advisement. But we will continue to oppose each other our views are pretty much completely opposite on everything.

It is what it is, as your side continues to defend the Federal to have power over everything.

I believe that this is against the intent of the Constitution and is a poison to our country.

Of course. My side defends "the Federal" to have power over everything! Absolutely everything. I can't think of a single issue where you would permit more government control than I would. Not one.

Can you?

The issue is simple. In every state, for various reasons, the Federal government owns lands. The Federal government has a constitutional right to designate and set aside lands for various uses. If states have specific issues with specific lands, that is what negotiations are for, and barring that, the courts. A single individual has no jurisdiction to decide what parcels of Federal OR State lands belongs to himself. If Bundy claims the land belongs to his family, let's see the deed(s). Otherwise, he hasn't a leg to stand on. In the mean time, it is clear that his owes the Federal government a lot of money. Folks, we are a country of laws. We either abide by the law or we descend into anarchy. I prefer the former, but you decide!

Correct.

And in this case the courts have already reviewed the issue and determined Bundy to be in the wrong.

The issue is simple. In every state, for various reasons, the Federal government owns lands. The Federal government has a constitutional right to designate and set aside lands for various uses. If states have specific issues with specific lands, that is what negotiations are for, and barring that, the courts. A single individual has no jurisdiction to decide what parcels of Federal OR State lands belongs to himself. If Bundy claims the land belongs to his family, let's see the deed(s). Otherwise, he hasn't a leg to stand on. In the mean time, it is clear that his owes the Federal government a lot of money. Folks, we are a country of laws. We either abide by the law or we descend into anarchy. I prefer the former, but you decide!

The issue is not that simple.

Yes it is.

eagle said:
The Department of the Interior abuses the laws to seize land under various acts and basically tells the states to go to hell if they don't agree.

And if YOU or ANYONE else has a complaint to file, I suggest you do so or else, hire an attorney.

eagle said:
Texas is now going to fight this in the courts over the BLM's attempt to seize 90,000 acres.

Irrelevant to the OP, which is specifically about Bundy's case.

eagle said:
Obama used a 1906 law to justify 160,000 acres in California to be designated as a monument as others have in the past. Should one person have this much power?

What does this have to do with Bundy's case? right. Nothing. Did you think that bringing Obama into this would somehow make his criminal actions justifiable? :cuckoo:

eagle said:
Should the BLM be able to use old laws to take more land?

Should gun owners be allowed to cite an over 200 year old constitutional amendment in order to keep their guns? Now you see how silly your question is, right?

Last edited:
These comments are not the issue. Whether or not Bundy is really Racist is not the issue. It is about State's Rights versus Federal Rights, and why the Federal Gov't owns so much of Nevada and most of the Western States.

We understand the origins of the States, and how they were purchased or taken from Mexico. However, these battles to take the land or purchases to buy the land were paid by We The People. The Federal Gov't isn't a entity of itself. It is only a representative group of We The People. The Liberals talk as if the Federal Gov't is a person, and not a representative arm of the We The People, which is one of their major malfunctions.

We the People in the State of Nevada means the people residing there and not the Federal Gov't who owns over 81.1% of the land via CBO 2010 report. So the people there, and their State Legislature there can't use land in their own State without permission from the Feds. How is this representative of a Republic?

It's not, and that issue still remains..................

The left who loves the nanny state will use RACISM from the comments of Bundy to divert the issue away from a movement for States to take the land in their State away from the Feds. As if the Feds seize more land in Nevada they might as well desolve the dang State as there will be NOTHING LEFT OF IT for the State to own or regulate anyway.

Nope.

It's about his statements. Are you able to focus on the subject of the OP, or not?

I have already.............I called it a diversion tactic of the left. You call Bundy a Racist and any who agree with the land issue a Racist. It's what Statist do and you are a Statist.

Racism in this case doesn't matter one way or the other. The battle is ongoing over the Feds taking state lands, and Bundy (LIKE IT OR NOT) now has 9 more States joining the fight.

The Feds will no longer be facing a single cattle rancher in court. They will be facing State AG's with resources capable of taking on the Feds in court.

The bolded, in red: that is a lie. You just lied.

The issue is not that simple.

Yes it is.

And if YOU or ANYONE else has a complaint to file, I suggest you do so or else, hire an attorney.

Irrelevant to the OP, which is specifically about Bundy's case.

eagle said:
Obama used a 1906 law to justify 160,000 acres in California to be designated as a monument as others have in the past. Should one person have this much power?

What does this have to do with Bundy's case? right. Nothing. Did you think that bringing Obama into this would somehow make his criminal actions justifiable? :cuckoo:

eagle said:
Should the BLM be able to use old laws to take more land?

Should gun owners be allowed to cite an over 200 year old constitutional amendment in order to keep their guns? Now you see how silly your question is, right?

We disagree..................It is not irrelevant to the OP............As this all started in 1993 when the Goberment took the land and caused the dang problem to save a turtle.

Worked fine and dandy their before they took over......

Let's just ignore that.

And the case is about the Gov't seizing land via old acts and the Dept. of the Interior now trying to take more land...............

This is the primary deal here, and not cows, turtles, or even Bundy himself............

As I am stating on numerous threads............This battle just started and now the States are going to take on the Feds..........While Texas was already engaged, now another 9 states are taking to the fight.

This is what Bundy has helped accomplish. States taking on the Feds over this issue, even if they ditch him over his comments.

I believe that this is against the intent of the Constitution...

And you would be incorrect in your ‘belief.’

It was the original intent of the Framers that the Federal government and its laws be supreme, hence the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

The American people are citizens of one Nation first and foremost, and residents of their respective states subordinate to that; and the relationship between the people and their National government may not be interfered with by the states, where Federal property is the property of all the people of the United States, not that of a state or an individual.

It was the original intent of the Framers that the Federal government and its laws be supreme, hence the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

The American people are citizens of one Nation first and foremost, and residents of their respective states subordinate to that; and the relationship between the people and their National government may not be interfered with by the states, where Federal property is the property of all the people of the United States, not that of a state or an individual.

Perhaps you should go back and read the federalist papers. Their intent and concern for limiting the Gov't are CRYSTAL CLEAR........................Which is exactly why they wrote the Federalist papers.

Start here.............

Federalist No. 45 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Federal powers are few and defined[edit]
The idea that the reach of the federal government would be restricted to a few enumerated powers is articulated by Madison in Federalist No. 45:
“ The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. ”
Alexander Hamilton relied on the same view when later arguing, in Federalist No. 84, against inclusion of a Bill of Rights in the Constitution. Hamilton was wary of articulating specific restrictions on federal power, for he felt it was clear that the default position of the federal government was an absence of power, and any specific power existed only by grant from the Constitution:
[A Bill of Rights] would contain various exceptions to powers not granted; and, on this very account, would afford a colorable pretext to claim more than were granted. For why declare that things shall not be done which there is no power to do?
—Alexander Hamilton (1788), Federalist No. 84

Tenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

State sovereignty resolutions (10th Amendment resolutions)[edit]

These resolutions attempt to reassert state sovereignty over any area not listed among the "enumerated powers" (i.e., any law based on an "expansive reading" of the Commerce Clause, the Necessary and Proper Clause, or the Supremacy Clause would, according to this resolution, be invalid).

During 2009, "state sovereignty resolutions" or "10th Amendment Resolutions" were introduced in the legislatures of 37 states; in seven states the resolutions passed (Alaska, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Tennessee).
During 2010, resolutions were introduced or reintroduced into the legislatures of 21 states; the resolution passed in seven states (Alabama, Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, South Carolina, Utah, and Wyoming).[12][13]

A state sovereignty resolution has been prefiled for the upcoming 2011 session of the Texas Legislature (a prior 2009 resolution did not pass).
State sovereignty bills (10th Amendment Bills)[edit]

A "State Sovereignty Bill" is one step beyond a State Sovereignty Resolution. The bill would mandate action against what the state legislature perceives as unconstitutional federal legislation.

During 2010, such legislation was introduced in six states (Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, and Oklahoma); however, none made it past the introductory stage.[14]

Perhaps you should go back and read the federalist papers. Their intent and concern for limiting the Gov't are CRYSTAL CLEAR........................Which is exactly why they wrote the Federalist papers.

The Federalist papers are not the law of the land. The Constitution is. Next.

It’s amusing watching the likes of Hannity and Paul running away from Bundy as fast as they can; the stupidity of most on the partisan right is remarkable.

Politicians denounce Bundy?s racist remarks ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

The rightwing propaganda machine and all its participants manage, somehow, to make bigger fools of themselves almost on a daily basis now. One would think there would be a point where they simply could not look more foolish,

but every time that point appears to have been reached, they go above and beyond once again.

The Federalist papers, for what they are worth as a mere set of personal opinions, make the case for a stronger federal government, not a weaker one.

People like you conveniently forget that the country was already under the rule of a government that was characterized by weakness at the federal level,

under the Articles of Confederation,

and the framers of the Constitution took as their primary goal to fix that.

The Federalist papers were written to explain the meaning of the Constitution as written..............

Which is the Constitution...............Next...........

These comments are not the issue. Whether or not Bundy is really Racist is not the issue. It is about State's Rights versus Federal Rights, and why the Federal Gov't owns so much of Nevada and most of the Western States.

We understand the origins of the States, and how they were purchased or taken from Mexico. However, these battles to take the land or purchases to buy the land were paid by We The People. The Federal Gov't isn't a entity of itself. It is only a representative group of We The People. The Liberals talk as if the Federal Gov't is a person, and not a representative arm of the We The People, which is one of their major malfunctions.

The federal government's rights regarding federal land are clearly stated in the Constitution in Article 4.

As to the Federal Government not being an 'entity', that's just nonsense.

The Federalist papers were written to explain the meaning of the Constitution as written..............

Since the Federalist papers contain many sides to many debates, it's impossible to declare them definitive as to what the Constitution ultimately means.

it was the CNN anchorman who called him a welfare queen. Why isn't that statement racist? Bundy only repeated what he said "well I may be at welfare queen". That's not racist. In fact it's racist to think it's racist. You're assuming that welfare queens are all black women.

Last edited:
it was the CNN anchorman who called him a welfare queen. Why isn't that statement racist? Bundy only repeated what he said "well I may be at welfare queen". That's not racist. In fact it's racist to think it's racist because you're assuming that welfare queens are all black women.

Uh, the racist part is from a lot of other stuff that Bundy said BEFORE.

Do try to keep up.

Here's his racist rant, right out of his mouth:

Last edited by a moderator:

Since the Federalist papers contain many sides to many debates, it's impossible to declare them definitive as to what the Constitution ultimately means.

Moreover:

Federalist Papers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Federalist was written to support the ratification of the Constitution, specifically in New York. Whether they succeeded in this mission is questionable. Separate ratification proceedings took place in each state, and the essays were not reliably reprinted outside of New York; furthermore, by the time the series was well underway, a number of important states had already ratified it, for instance Pennsylvania on December 12. New York held out until July 26; certainly The Federalist was more important there than anywhere else, but Furtwangler argues that it "could hardly rival other major forces in the ratification contests"—specifically, these forces included the personal influence of well-known Federalists, for instance Hamilton and Jay, and Anti-Federalists, including Governor George Clinton.[22] Further, by the time New York came to a vote, ten states had already ratified the Constitution and it had thus already passed — only nine states had to ratify it for the new government to be established among them; the ratification by Virginia, the tenth state, placed pressure on New York to ratify. In light of that, Furtwangler observes, "New York's refusal would make that state an odd outsider."[23]

Only 19 Federalists were elected to New York's ratification convention, compared to the Anti-Federalists' 46 delegates. While New York did indeed ratify the Constitution on July 26, the lack of public support for pro-Constitution Federalists has led historian John Kaminski to suggest that the impact of the The Federalist on New York citizens was "negligible".[24]
As for Virginia, which only ratified the Constitution at its convention on June 25, Hamilton writes in a letter to Madison that the collected edition of The Federalist had been sent to Virginia; Furtwangler presumes that it was to act as a "debater's handbook for the convention there," though he claims that this indirect influence would be a "dubious distinction."[25] Probably of greater importance to the Virginia debate, in any case, were George Washington's support for the proposed Constitution and the presence of Madison and Edmund Randolph, the governor, at the convention arguing for ratification.

Another purpose that The Federalist was supposed to serve was as a debater's handbook during the ratification controversy, and indeed advocates for the Constitution in the conventions in New York and Virginia used the essays for precisely that purpose.

In one of my previous posts many states see their 10th Amendment Rights being abused.

They have created laws within the states making it clear that they oppose the Gov'ts power........

But let's just ignore State's Rights. The Federal Gov't is GOD AND KING................

The State's and their Right's be damned. Thus we are an Oligarchy.

Forum List

Back