Burger King Moves North to Canada for Tax Reasons.

He's not "the driving force." He's been offered a piece of the financing.

But I knew this criticism would come up pretty fast when I heard of his deal.
Regardless, it's still utter hypocrisy. Telling everyone they need to pay more taxes, pay their fair share, and then attempting to take advantage of every loophole that exists.

Buffet had a very large tax bill, and by providing Obama with statements about paying more taxes it looks like Obama did him some favors.

Buffet will say he and other mega-wealthy should pay more in taxes, then he'll promptly build more wind turbines in order to get a big write-off.

With corporate tax rates the way they are, it's hard to blame businesses from wanting to cut their rate.

Of course Obama will now call Burger King unpatriotic.

He should do the same with any American company/foreign company operating in America that is not employing Americans but instead employing foreigners in foreign countries.

Then he should hit them with a special tax.
A tax so punitive that they will employ Americans in America.

Companies in America being allowed to send American jobs to India, the Philippines etc because of 'slave' labour and massive tax breaks....baaah!
There oughta be a law!

Obama should start a govt-owned burger chain..."American Burgers.."
with only American produce used and only American staff employed.
Yeah, because that is what our government should be. Punishers for not following an authoritarian ideology like progressive-ism.

Your govt should be stopping corporations operating on its soil from sending American jobs overseas.
It ain't progressive-ism to let corporations 'rob' Americans of jobs and therefore their "lives".
Foreign companies operating in America who are not employing Americans should be taxed extra...much extra.

Illegals who are 'stealing' the jobs of Americans should be deported.
The employers hiring them should be punished.

I tend to agree, particularly with sanctions against those that employ undocumented workers.

He's not "the driving force." He's been offered a piece of the financing.

But I knew this criticism would come up pretty fast when I heard of his deal.

Buffett set himself up for such criticism with his support of high taxes in the U.S. and by saying he wouldn't move companies offshore.

Of course, some will say that Canada isn't technically "offshore"...but that bit of sophistry will be very transparent.

File Buffett under: I've Got Mine So Fuck The Rest Of You.

Did Obama just chases the King across the border.?

Presidents don't set the corporate tax rate, idiot.

US Corporate Tax Rate 35% the highest in the industrialized world

And practically no one pays it.

This is just more corporate greed that needs to be reigned in by Congress.

Really? I mean really???

You think Congress is going to reign in corporate greed. Too funny.

Congress set up and approves of the flawed crony capitalist system we suffer under..and did so, so they could benefit by receiving lots of campaign cash from those greedy corporations, so as to keep them in office for life.

Wake UP!!!

So to escape oppressive American federal taxes on businesses, Burger King is engaged in negotiations with Tim Horton to acquire the Canadian company and move the headquarters there making Burger King a Canadian company and lowering their tax rates from 35% to 15%. Great for them, they are looking out for their stockholders and customers by keeping returns up and prices down. They are great Americans!

Great Americans do not give government money because our greedy politicians want it for their greedy liberal voters. Great Americans do the right thing, and that is what Burger King is trying to do.

Hey, remember how all the liberals keep saying our corporate tax rates are not high, they are low? So why are all these American companies trying to get out?

Burger King is not the bad guy here, the Triad regime of Obama, Harry and Nancy are. Let's not attack Burger King for wanting to leave, let's make it attractive for them to stay. THAT, is the right thing to do...

Warren Buffet, another one of the Dear Leader's closest buds. One more example of why inexperienced 'Community Organizers' shouldn't be Presidents.

...and yet, the president does not set tax rates. Congress does, and the House is controlled by Republicans....

It's every patriotic American's duty to avoid taxes to the fullest extent possible. Note the difference between "avoid" and "evade".

Though you liberals fail to comprehend anything THAT complex. Not your fault, though, it's the result of your having been indoctrinated rather than educated.

Henry B is most definitely one of the brightest USMB members. I've yet to read a post of his that wasn't right on point. He's got it.....whatever it is.

If Burger King is looking to infect destroy castrate buy Tim Horton's -- then yes they are the bad guy.
Tim Horton's is LCD enough; leave 'em alone, eh?

So to escape oppressive American federal taxes on businesses, Burger King is engaged in negotiations with Tim Horton to acquire the Canadian company and move the headquarters there making Burger King a Canadian company and lowering their tax rates from 35% to 15%. Great for them, they are looking out for their stockholders and customers by keeping returns up and prices down. They are great Americans!

Great Americans do not give government money because our greedy politicians want it for their greedy liberal voters. Great Americans do the right thing, and that is what Burger King is trying to do.

Hey, remember how all the liberals keep saying our corporate tax rates are not high, they are low? So why are all these American companies trying to get out?

Burger King is not the bad guy here, the Triad regime of Obama, Harry and Nancy are. Let's not attack Burger King for wanting to leave, let's make it attractive for them to stay. THAT, is the right thing to do...

And the OP is dramatically incorrect, in that it ignores that Burger King would have to pay at least another 10% in province taxes, probably more.

Indeed, As I understand it, the sale of the Tim Horton company is done and Burger King will be moving their corporate HQs to Canada soon. Who can blame them? A 40% tax structure is the highest in the world. I mean, seriously, how the hell much does this damned government WANT?

I sincerely hope that the next embicile who is "elected" to the White House understands that if you run your corporations out of America - there will be fewer and fewer jobs. Good God - this country has lost it's mind.

CANADA!?!?! Who the hell wants to go to Canada? I remember when Canada was doing virtually the same thing as Obama is doing now - and it was nearly just as deadly for Canadiens. Now it seems, they have taken the American business model and are using it against us. Their corporate tax rate is a modest 26% compared to a whopping 40% in this country - yet dumbass "progressives" STILL don't get it....

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Henry B is most definitely one of the brightest USMB members. I've yet to read a post of his that wasn't right on point. He's got it.....whatever it is.

He does. Unfortunately a vaccine hasn't yet been developed. :eusa_shifty:

I think I understand what the Right wants. Even though Obama does not have the constitutional right to change tax rates, they want him to do it by executive order....

What is Burger King's "effective" tax rate in the U.S.? What will it be in Canada?

Indeed, As I understand it, the sale of the Tim Horton company is done and Burger King will be moving their corporate HQs to Canada soon. Who can blame them? A 40% tax structure is the highest in the world. I mean, seriously, how the hell much does this damned government WANT?

I sincerely hope that the next embicile who is "elected" to the White House understands that if you run your corporations out of America - there will be fewer and fewer jobs. Good God - this country has lost it's mind.

Corporate Tax Rate Changes Over Time e21 - Economic Policies for the 21st Century

The Corporate Income tax rate in the United States has not been increased in the last decade (and more). It's not that the US's rate is going "up" it's that other nation's rates are going "down"

Forum List

Back