Bush at the ranch

Bush holds ride for wounded veterans at his ranch | kxan.com

CRAWFORD, Texas (AP/KXAN) — Former President George W. Bush went on his annual mountain bike ride on Friday, but this year he was joined by wounded U.S. military members.

Bush spoke Friday at his Crawford ranch in Central Texas as part of the three-day Warrior 100K, a 100-kilometer ride. Sixteen current and retired members of the military wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan participated in the ride. Bush said the wounded U.S. military members “turned their circumstances into good” by displaying courage and sacrifice.

I really like the role Bush Junior has been post presidency. Relatively low-profile, not opening his mouth to say dumb shit over and over like Carter, yet willing to do things like above. Good stuff.

"wounded vetrans"? Where'd they come from :eusa_eh: OH!!! Thats right!!! :up: the wars he started

Odd that if they held your opinion, that any veterans would show up.

The rest are probably pissed at Roosevelt for starting WWII.

I ♥ W.

I hope that one day Obama will earn back the respect he squandered. Hopefully he'll find something good to do and not just go on speaking tours.

Don't worry: Every city in the nation will have a Barak Obama Blvd dedication so that urban blacks will be infused with the same spirit of accomplishment that naming at least one street after MLK has given them, lifting many out of poverty and dependence on the nanny state.

:eusa_shifty:

A lot of Veteran bashing on this thead from the tolerant left

He sent men on a fool's errand and then has a ride at his ranch? Is this some kind of sick joke?

Um.

:eusa_shhh:

They volunteered.

Yes, they did but not before they had pentagram recruiters hound them at their school and home and promise them a college education and other stupid bullshit!

But that really isn't the point. They sent them on an imperialist field trip and all they get is a bike ride next to the fuhrer himself? Sad irony.

He sent men on a fool's errand and then has a ride at his ranch? Is this some kind of sick joke?

Um.

They volunteered.

Yes, they did but not before they had pentagram recruiters hound them at their school and home and promise them a college education and other stupid bullshit!

But that really isn't the point. They sent them on an imperialist field trip and all they get is a bike ride next to the fuhrer himself? Sad irony.

So all wounded veterans joined because they were ignorant?

This seems to be using a broad brush.

Um.

They volunteered.

Who does R.C. think he is? John Kerry?

Stevie Wonder?

John Kerry only went to Vietnam because he was "promised a college education and other stupid bullshit."

John Kerry only went to Vietnam because he was "promised a college education and other stupid bullshit."

We're not talking about the Vietnam war. I was thinking of the gulf war, you know, the 1 that produced more suicide than combat death.

We're not talking about the Vietnam war. I was thinking of the gulf war, you know, the 1 that produced more suicide than combat death.

So, ignorant AND suicidal people volunteered to be in the military before the Gulf War, but not before the Vietnam War?

:eusa_clap:

So, ignorant AND suicidal people volunteered to be in the military before the Gulf War, but not before the Vietnam War?

You're being intentionally obtuse. But yeah, if you volunteered to for the military for combat service to get some payback for 911 and then ended up in Iraq then you're kind of a fool. Is that the answer your looking for? Am I being too pragmatic or is truth off limits when it concerns freedom fighters? I gave you the answer you wanted so your fellow reactionaries can start a flame fest. Enjoy, because it won't change the hard truth. The sad fact is I'm more on the side of the veterans than you are punk which is why I think a stupid little bike ride at Herr Bush's lair is pretty fucking insulting because he and his ilk have been stocking hell with fresh body bags and chink manufactured American flags for some time now while the fat cats roll in bank or do you want to make some pathetic argument that war is not a racket? And yes, fighting against people who didn't start shit with you is pretty fucking ignorant and very fucking stupid.

Last edited:

You're being intentionally obtuse. But yeah, if you volunteered to for the military for combat service to get some payback for 911 and then ended up in Iraq then you're kind of a fool. Is that the answer your looking for? Am I being too pragmatic or is truth off limits when it concerns freedom fighters? I gave you the answer you wanted so your fellow reactionaries can start a flame fest. Enjoy, because it won't change the hard truth. The sad fact is I'm more on the side of the veterans than you are punk which is why I think a stupid little bike ride at Herr Bush's lair is pretty fucking insulting because he and his ilk have been stocking hell with fresh body bags and chink manufactured American flags for some time now while the fat cats roll in bank or do you want to make some pathetic argument that war is not a racket? And yes, fighting against people who didn't start shit with you is pretty fucking ignorant and very fucking stupid.

Melt down.

I'm sure many veterans appreciate the fact you think they are ignorant and/or suicidal and can rest easy knowing you're "more on the side of the veterans."

Forum List

Back