Bush didn't just lie........

Face facts, Bush and Cheney were much better at foreign policy than this clown Obama and his gaffe machine Biden or his zero accomplishments former SOS Clinton.

Yet again your trying to blame Bush for the failed Middle East policies of Obama. As I have said before Bushs mistakes do not excuse or justify Obamas.
what the Fk do you blame Obama for .. The Bush fk up was catastrophic and continues to be the reason for the situation in the Middle east...if we had not had the incompetent Bush as President none of what is happening would be happening..Bush set up long term disaster..he sucks ...and should be on trial
Bush fucked up the Middle East and left it for future presidents to deal with
Repeating that same talking point still does not excuse Obama's mistakes.
How long would you have the US cover for Bush's mistake?
10 years and 5000 lives was not enough?

Face facts, Bush and Cheney were much better at foreign policy than this clown Obama and his gaffe machine Biden or his zero accomplishments former SOS Clinton.
We don't want the smoking gun will be a mushroom cloud
They will treat us as liberators
5 days, 5 weeks, 5 months....I can't envision it taking longer than that

You man Obama is a laughing stock among world leaders.

Not quite

Bush was the one mocking them as the coalition of the unwilling and how he was going to find WMDS

Bush destroyed our reputation by torturing

and your man Bush is considered a stink foot in the world

when ISIS commits atrocities against captives they dress them up in Bush Orange gowns to send the messages "we will do to you what you did to ours"...in the future if an American captive is savagely tortured it will be because Bush is an asshole...and those captives will be wearing their "Guantanamo Orange"...

Yet again your trying to blame Bush for the failed Middle East policies of Obama. As I have said before Bushs mistakes do not excuse or justify Obamas.
what the Fk do you blame Obama for .. The Bush fk up was catastrophic and continues to be the reason for the situation in the Middle east...if we had not had the incompetent Bush as President none of what is happening would be happening..Bush set up long term disaster..he sucks ...and should be on trial
How long are you going to continue to ignore Obamas mistakes and blame Bush 10, 15, 20, 30 till the day you die?

How long are you going to continue to ignore Obamas mistakes and blame Bush 10, 15, 20, 30 till the day you die?

Bush broke it.....future presidents will pay the price for his blunder

What exactly are Obama's mistakes? I have plenty of my own grievances with some of his foreign policy but I wouldn't bring them up here because it would look like I'm making excuses for Bush who has done far worse. Please elaborate.

Same talking point still not changing the Obama mistakes.

Same talking point still not changing the Obama mistakes.
What mistakes?

Everyone but hater dupes, half the GOP- the idiot brainwashed base, the USMC GOP, whatever, are the only people in the world who don't know how FOS they are. Good luck in 2016 when the GOP nominees have to try this crap on the whole electorate...

Fear mongering was much more effective

George W. Bush didn t just lie about the Iraq War. What he did was much worse.

What the Bush administration launched in 2002 and 2003 may have been the most comprehensive, sophisticated, and misleading campaign of government propaganda in American history. Spend too much time in the weeds, and you risk missing the hysterical tenor of the whole campaign.

In the summer of 2002, the administration established something called the White House Iraq Group, through which Karl Rove and other communication strategists like Karen Hughes and Mary Matalin coordinated with policy officials to sell the public on the threat from Iraq in order to justify war. "The script had been finalized with great care over the summer," White House press secretary Scott McClellan later wrote, for a "campaign to convince Americans that war with Iraq was inevitable and necessary."
In that campaign, intelligence wasn't something to be understood and assessed by the administration in making their decisions, it was a propaganda tool to lead the public to the conclusion that the administration wanted. Again and again we saw a similar pattern: An allegation would bubble up from somewhere, some in the intelligence community would say that it could be true but others would say it was either speculation or outright baloney, but before you knew it the president or someone else was presenting it to the public as settled fact.

It was only too obvious when multiple Bush administration officials and spokespersons said that they didn't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud.

I can just imagine what the meeting was like when someone came up with that phrase and everyone chimed in that was the kind of sales gimmick winner worthy of a Madison Avenue campaign that ends up helping Coors sell more beer to alcoholics and vitamin supplement companies sell more herbal remedies packaged as miracle cures to hapless people who are desperate for any kind of relief from the health problems associated with growing older.

Fear mongering was much more effective

George W. Bush didn t just lie about the Iraq War. What he did was much worse.

What the Bush administration launched in 2002 and 2003 may have been the most comprehensive, sophisticated, and misleading campaign of government propaganda in American history. Spend too much time in the weeds, and you risk missing the hysterical tenor of the whole campaign.

In the summer of 2002, the administration established something called the White House Iraq Group, through which Karl Rove and other communication strategists like Karen Hughes and Mary Matalin coordinated with policy officials to sell the public on the threat from Iraq in order to justify war. "The script had been finalized with great care over the summer," White House press secretary Scott McClellan later wrote, for a "campaign to convince Americans that war with Iraq was inevitable and necessary."
In that campaign, intelligence wasn't something to be understood and assessed by the administration in making their decisions, it was a propaganda tool to lead the public to the conclusion that the administration wanted. Again and again we saw a similar pattern: An allegation would bubble up from somewhere, some in the intelligence community would say that it could be true but others would say it was either speculation or outright baloney, but before you knew it the president or someone else was presenting it to the public as settled fact.

It was only too obvious when multiple Bush administration officials and spokespersons said that they didn't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud.

I can just imagine what the meeting was like when someone came up with that phrase and everyone chimed in that was the kind of sales gimmick winner worthy of a Madison Avenue campaign that ends up helping Coors sell more beer to alcoholics and vitamin supplement companies sell more herbal remedies packaged as miracle cures to hapless people who are desperate for any kind of relief from the health problems associated with growing older.

I still can't believe the media let them get away with that "mushroom cloud" nonsense. Blatant fear mongering to a public still shaking from 9-11
And the press gave them a pass

2/7/03 Rumsfeld ups war length estimate: "It could last…six days, six weeks. I doubt six months."

You do not have to imagine...here are the Republican cynical bastards discussing"how do we start the war" how do we sell this atrocity to the US people .........

Hubris Selling the Iraq War - The Rumsfeld memos MSNBC

Among the new revelations in tonight’s documentary about how the Bush administration convinced the American people to go to war in Iraq are newly declassified talking points and handwritten notes from November, 2001 in which can be seen then-Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld’s team trying to find the most compelling reason to justify war.

Hubris co-author Michael Isikoff explains:

By late November, Rumsfeld was meeting with Gen. Tommy Franks, Centcom commander, to plot the “decapitation” of the Iraqi government, according to the now declassified talking points agenda from the sessions (shown on television for the first time in the documentary). The talking points suggest that Rumsfeld and his team were grappling with a tricky issue: “How [to] start?” the war. In other words, what would the pretext be? Various scenarios were outlined: “US discovers Saddam connection to Sept. 11 attack or to anthrax attacks?” reads one of them. “Dispute over WMD inspections?” reads another. “Start now thinking about inspection demands.”

Forum List

Back