Bush: 'I'm worried that I will be the last Republican president'

BlackAsCoal

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2008
Cleveland (CNN)Former President George W. Bush fretted to a group of former aides and advisers in April that he was worried he could be the "last Republican president."

The 43rd president's remark, at a gathering in Dallas of his administration's staffers, reflected a dim view of the party's prospects at a time when the primary contest was realistically down to Donald Trump and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.

"I'm worried that I will be the last Republican president," Bush told a clutch of former aides and advisers.

The comment was reported by Politico. Bush's office declined to comment to CNN.

Bush -- as well as his father, former President George H.W. Bush, and his brother, 2016 presidential candidate Jeb Bush -- are skipping this year's Republican National Convention in Cleveland. So are the party's last two presidential nominees, 2012's Mitt Romney and 2008's Arizona Sen. John McCain.

Bob Dole, the 1996 GOP nominee and the only living Republican presidential choice who is attending the convention, has criticized Republicans who are skipping it.
George W. Bush: 'I'm worried that I will be the last Republican president' - CNNPolitics.com

... and planet Earth throws a party. :0)

Cleveland (CNN)Former President George W. Bush fretted to a group of former aides and advisers in April that he was worried he could be the "last Republican president."

The 43rd president's remark, at a gathering in Dallas of his administration's staffers, reflected a dim view of the party's prospects at a time when the primary contest was realistically down to Donald Trump and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.

"I'm worried that I will be the last Republican president," Bush told a clutch of former aides and advisers.

Bush -- as well as his father, former President George H.W. Bush, and his brother, 2016 presidential candidate Jeb Bush -- are skipping this year's Republican National Convention in Cleveland. So are the party's last two presidential nominees, 2012's Mitt Romney and 2008's Arizona Sen. John McCain.

Bob Dole, the 1996 GOP nominee and the only living Republican presidential choice who is attending the convention, has criticized Republicans who are skipping it.
George W. Bush: 'I'm worried that I will be the last Republican president' - CNNPolitics.com

Whelp --- this time he may actually be right.

Well this would be partly W's fault then, since it was his rail guns and his yellow cake claims that led to his invasion of Iraq the second time and thus toppled the Bush Dynasty from power once and for all.

But for all that crap maybe Jeb would be the GOP nominee now.

But in reality, I trust that Hillary's term of office will only be 4 years, and then Paul Ryan will successfully defeat her.

Hopefully Ryan will get off the can by then and become useful by then.

Dan Quayle: I am worried that I am going to be the last president who knew how to spell potatoe

Hillary Clinton: I am worried that I will be the last female president who got her jollies off staring at celebrities breasts

Trump beat out 16 contenders.

Hillary had a tough time with a really old guy from where?

Since the Reich wing of the party has taken over, Bush may have a good point.

It looks like Republicans are headed back into the 40's & 50's where Democrats own everything. Republicans will be voting for blue dog Democrats--and the Republican party itself will dwindle down to a super minority party, that is inclusive only of angry, ignorant, racist white voters.

Trumps-Hostage.jpg

Tea-Party-Anger-Fear.gif

Well he wanted to accomplish something his father didn't (aside from fly in combat in defense of the country)

OMG, just imagine if moron Bush was the last Republican president. What a legacy...

yes, only if dead people keep voting
Only if Republicans keep demonstrating how much they HATE minorities.

Only if Republicans keep saying oblivious shit like, "All lives matter."

Only if Republicans demonstrate their total hypocrisy and pay only lip service to conservatism.

And Hitlery is such an amazing politician...

Does she hide in the closet while Bill is playing with his toys?

Well this would be partly W's fault then, since it was his rail guns and his yellow cake claims that led to his invasion of Iraq the second time and thus toppled the Bush Dynasty from power once and for all.

But for all that crap maybe Jeb would be the GOP nominee now.

But in reality, I trust that Hillary's term of office will only be 4 years, and then Paul Ryan will successfully defeat her.

Hopefully Ryan will get off the can by then and become useful by then.

Republicans predict a lot of things that never happen. Too bad they didn't predict they would become they would become a dwindling minority begging for the black voters they abandoned for a southern strategy.

The irony is beautiful.

Bush is the single biggest reason the conservative and Republican brands are in tatters. Bush is the single biggest reason the impostor Trump was able to take the nomination.

He's a fucking retard asshole who fucked up in every way possible.

And by the way: Bush skipped the 2012 convention, too.

And Hitlery is such an amazing politician...

Does she hide in the closet while Bill is playing with his toys?

Thanks .. you demonstrate exactly why the Republican Party is in the state that its in.

Forum List

Back