Bush wasn't a very good president BUT

Despite balooning spending and totally fucking up the wars with his nation building bullshit at least he was

Honorable
Straight forward
Didn't whine about the media
Didn't intentionally try to divide the people
Stood on principle and didn't change his mind for elections
Didn't have THE MOST CORRUPT administration
Didn't cower in the face of terrorism

Bush and Obama have been a disaster for our nation. ESPECIALLY Obama.

At this point I wish we had Slick Willie back, at least he would try to meet on common ground

Bush started the fucking Iraq war. How can you even compare him to Obama. Seriously. How much did that war cost us? and for fucking what?

9/11? some idiots in here actually defend him going to war with Iraq. Its one of the biggest blunders I have personally seen and dammit, I was in the service when that idiot started that war.

disgusting.

Did you read the FIRST FUCKING SENTENCE that you quoted?

So eager to argue it just slipped right past you huh?

Sometimes I feel like I'm debating against my grandchild

So basically....the first sentence renders the list invalid. Good job!

God I love Doc Martin...PBS of Rochester does too lol.

Bush was a TOTAL CATASTROPHE for the USA and the world, chumps. You have to be totally brainwashed to doubt it for a second.

Obama has turned it around with absolutely no help from Pub liars and hypocrites, and of course the silly hater dupes...

Bush was a TOTAL CATASTROPHE for the USA and the world, chumps. You have to be totally brainwashed to doubt it for a second.

Obama has turned it around with absolutely no help from Pub liars and hypocrites, and of course the silly hater dupes...

Obummer hasn't turned anything around, of course.

And to accept your dopey contentions about W would be the thing that would demonstrate being totally brainwashed.

Bush respected the military and he gave credit to the military members where credit was due, made a point of being at military graduations and along with his family supported them as much as possible

Obama is toilet paper in comparison..

agree, it would of been nice if Obama could of learned to pronounce corpsmen..but he read it off the teleprompter as corps-men..that was a sad sad day and tells a lot

Yeah *burp* important stuff!! eh derp..

you fucking right that IS important, he is their commander in chief..
it was a disgrace and and embarrassing... that's when I stopped watching this LAZY person who is our President

Last edited:
Bush COULDN"T go to any colleges but military ones and A+M lol...great job! You're the guy with no facts, just talking points and stupid insults...

^ moron doesn't even know that the facts disprove his present contention.

"George W. Bush received his B.A. from Yale University. He also got his M.B.A from Harvard Business School."

What a fucking baboon simpleton you always are franco-tug.

Your opinions are exactly like your asshole.

Listen, hater dupe, obviously I was talking about where he could go as president without being booed lol. Of course daddy got him into Yale and Harvard DUH.

Bush respected the military and he gave credit to the military members where credit was due, made a point of being at military graduations and along with his family supported them as much as possible

Obama is toilet paper in comparison..

agree, it would of been nice if Obama could of learned to pronounce corpsmen..but he read it off the teleprompter as corps-men..that was a sad sad day and tells a lot

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful...They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
George W. Bush

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
George W. Bush

I think war is a dangerous place.
George W. Bush

I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace.
George W. Bush

These people are trying to shake the will of the Iraqi citizens, and they want us to leave...I think the world would be better off if we did leave...
George W. Bush (on Iraqi Insurgency)

There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.
George W. Bush

it was a disgrace and and embarrassing... that's when I stopped watching this LAZY person who is our President

prefer perceptions over reality...

Flash over substance...

...And it proven from your empty posts. Bush photo ops with the guys he sends to slaughter and you, you say "oh what a nice thing to visit that guy with his leg blown off" seemingly unable to comprehend the chain of events.

Bush sent them to war. > War gets people killed and maimed. >Bush visits the dead and injured. Bush gets photo op. >You praise Bush for photo op.

Crazy, empty and vapid

prefer perceptions over reality...

Flash over substance...

...And it proven from your empty posts. Bush photo ops with the guys he sends to slaughter and you, you say "oh what a nice thing to visit that guy with his leg blown off" seemingly unable to comprehend the chain of events.

Bush sent them to war. > War gets people killed and maimed. >Bush visits the dead and injured. Bush gets photo op. >You praise Bush for photo op.

Crazy, empty and vapid

pretty much everything you post...BUSH didn't mispronounces corpsmen..he wouldn't because he was in the guard..Obama wasn't in the military so he could of taken the time to LEARN how to pronounce corpsman..but he is too lazy and evidently doesn't look over the speeches that are WRITTEN FOR HIM...so carry on with your empty postings..

Last edited:
This is why debating with most of you lefties is pointless. I blast the republican president for the things I perceived as really bad and what is your response? We could go back through the thread and count the insults but why bother. As soon as I went from Bush to "your" guy discussion took a back seat to attack mode. The only one who tried to engage me was gt5000 but hes such a prick I ignored him.

There just is no reasoning with you guys. I admitted my side was bad before saying a word about the current president but my criticism of him completely fogs the discussion.

I pulled my complaints up from my memory and you guys response is to post a bunch of bullshit from hack sites rather than use your own brain and memory. And you accuse me of being led around by fox news (which I rarely watch)

So whats the point? Are we all just here to bitch? Seems so

Historians have rated Bush fifth worst US president. We'll see where Obama ends up in the ratings.

The scandals are not going away and neither are the astounding deficits. The promises still haven't come through and he is as dishonest a president as I have seen. I think he's going to rate as the worst president we've had.

Despite balooning spending and totally fucking up the wars with his nation building bullshit at least he was

Honorable
Straight forward

At this point I wish we had Slick Willie back, at least he would try to meet on common ground

I'M SHOUTING GRAMPS CAUSE YOUR READING GLASSES OBVIOUSLY ARE BLURRY!

Gramps... have you had a memory loss???

Are you having an Alzheimer episode?

PLEASE TELL ME that comparable events like the below happened in any other presidency i.e. in 8 years!

Tell me that during these cataclysmic events the economy did not grow? GDP didn't grow. Employed people didn't grow!

WHERE WERE YOU if also don't remember how EVERY NIGHT TV NEWS totally exaggerated Iraq... totally ignored what was the truth but blew WENT out of proportion!

DID THIS HAPPEN??
1) Dot.com bust cost $5 trillion in lost market value.. this means every year for 30 years now starting in 2000 the federal revenue is over $20 billion written off against taxes owed.
How many people LOST jobs due to the bust??
According to the Los Angeles Times, when the dot-com bubble burst, it wiped out $5 trillion dollars in market value for tech companies. More than half of the Internet companies created since 1995 were gone by 2004 -
and hundreds of thousands of skilled technology workers were out of jobs.
The dot-com bubble: How to lose $5 trillion ? Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

DID THIS HAPPEN??
2) Did YOU forget that 9/11 occurred and it cost $2 trillion over the next 30 years again $8 billion will NOT BE PAiD.. was that Bush's fault?
Jobs lost in New York owing to the attacks: 146,100 JUST in New York!!
Year 2001: September 11 Terrorist Attacks
The 9/11 terrorist attacks were the events that helped shape other financial events of the decade. After that terrible day in September 2001, our economic climate was never to be the same again. It was only the third time in history that the New York Stock Exchange was shut down for a period of time. In this case, it was closed from September 10 - 17. Besides the tragic human loss of that day, the economic loss cannot even be estimated. Some estimate that there was over $60 billion in insurance losses alone.
Approximately 18,000 small businesses were either displaced or destroyed in Lower Manhattan after the Twin Towers fell. There was a buildup in homeland security on all levels. 9/11 caused a catastrophic financial loss for the U.S.
The Top 10 Financial Events of the Decade

DID THIS HAPPEN??
3) $1 trillion in written off losses due to the WORST Hurricane SEASONS in history!
The worst Katrina made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3 in 2005. It took 1,836 lives and caused $81.2 billion in damages. Andrew slammed into South Florida in 1992 as a Category 5. It caused 40 deaths and $30 billion in property damage. More than 250,000 people were left homeless and 82,000 businesses were destroyed or damaged.
Hurricane Katrina ALONE! Year 2005: Hurricanes Katrina and Rita
On August 25, 2005, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast of the U.S. as a strong Category 3 or low Category 4 storm. It quickly became the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history, almost destroying New Orleans due to severe flooding.

Hurricane Rita quickly followed Katrina only to make matters worse. Between the two, more than $200 billion in damage was done. 400,000 jobs were lost and 275,000 homes were destroyed. Many of the jobs and homes were never to be recovered. Hundreds of thousands of people were displaced and over 1,000 were killed and more are missing. The effect on oil and gasoline prices was long-lasting.

400,000 jobs due to Hurricanes Katrina/Rita
145,000 jobs in NYC alone due to 9/11
300,000 jobs lost due to dot.com busts.

Almost 1 million jobs alone from those 3 events

All of this while having almost $60 billion a year in tax revenue reduced due to the above losses !

DID THIS HAPPEN??
4) Economic terrorist attack 9/18/2008 or how the world almost came to the end at 2pm on 9/18/2008.
How close to entire collapse the ENTIRE world's economy was on 9/18/2008 when an economic terrorist attack occurred..

On Thursday (Sept 18), at 11am the Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the U.S., to the tune of $550 billion was being drawn out in the matter of an hour or two. The Treasury ...estimation is that by 2pm that afternoon, $5.5 trillion would have been drawn out of the money market system of the U.S., would have collapsed the entire economy of the U.S., and within 24 hours the world economy would have collapsed. It would have been the end of our economic system and our political system as we know it."
Zero Hedge: How The World Almost Came To An End At 2PM On September 18

Oh and did I mention along the way when "Mission Accomplished" occurred after less then six weeks of combat in May 2003.. 10 years ago..that over 1 million Iraq people were
saved from starving? 50,000 people a year were starving under Saddam and when he was removed, (by the way at the request of Kerry,Pelosi, and 90% of the 28 million Iraqis) the
UN mandated embargo was removed.
Researcher Richard Garfield estimated that "a minimum of 100,000 and a more likely estimate of 227,000 excess deaths among young children from August 1991 through March 1998" from all causes including sanctions. Human rights in Saddam Hussein's Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again all this happened and at the same time the MSM was bashing the President DAILY!

How can one ignore the FACT that $8 trillion in losses are being written off against tax payments?
How can one ignore that near 1 million jobs were lost DUE to those events?
How can one ignore THAT the results of these events have never been widely share because the biased MSM totally bashes Bush FACTS?
-------------------
When Bush started 131,785,000 people employed.
At the end of 2008 136,790,000 people employed or

5,000,000 more employed then when he took office.

When Bush took office in 2001 GDP was $12.355,271,000,000
when Bush left office in 2008 GDP was $14,359,490,000,000
---------------------------------------------------------------------
A 16% increase in GDP or $2 TRILLION.

ALL of the above GAINS in GDP and people employed IN SPITE of the 4 major world changing events AND the BASHING by the BIASED MSM!
In light of the below, would you not agree with the following statement:
Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

So when Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democratic candidates and campaign committees in 2008, according to an analysis by The Examiner of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.
The Democratic total of $1,020,816 was given by 1,160 (85%!) of employees of the three major broadcast television networks, with an average contribution of $880.
By contrast, only 193 of the employees contributed to Republican candidates and campaign committees, for a total of $142,863.
The average Republican contribution was $744.
Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters | The Daily Caller

WHERE IS THE EQUAL OBAMA BASHING???

Last edited:

DID THIS HAPPEN??
1) Dot.com bust cost $5 trillion in lost market value.. this means every year for 30 years now starting in 2000 the federal revenue is over $20 billion written off against taxes owed.
According to the Los Angeles Times, when the dot-com bubble burst, it wiped out $5 trillion dollars in market value for tech companies. More than half of the Internet companies created since 1995 were gone by 2004 -
The dot-com bubble: How to lose $5 trillion ? Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

DID THIS HAPPEN??
2) Did YOU forget that 9/11 occurred and it cost $2 trillion over the next 30 years again $8 billion will NOT BE PAiD.. was that Bush's fault?
The 9/11 terrorist attacks were the events that helped shape other financial events of the decade. After that terrible day in September 2001, our economic climate was never to be the same again. It was only the third time in history that the New York Stock Exchange was shut down for a period of time. In this case, it was closed from September 10 - 17. Besides the tragic human loss of that day, the economic loss cannot even be estimated. Some estimate that there was over $60 billion in insurance losses alone.
Approximately 18,000 small businesses were either displaced or destroyed in Lower Manhattan after the Twin Towers fell. There was a buildup in homeland security on all levels. 9/11 caused a catastrophic financial loss for the U.S.

DID THIS HAPPEN??
3) $1 trillion in written off losses due to the WORST Hurricane SEASONS in history!
The worst Katrina made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3 in 2005. It took 1,836 lives and caused $81.2 billion in damages. Andrew slammed into South Florida in 1992 as a Category 5. It caused 40 deaths and $30 billion in property damage. More than 250,000 people were left homeless and 82,000 businesses were destroyed or damaged.
On August 25, 2005, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast of the U.S. as a strong Category 3 or low Category 4 storm. It quickly became the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history, almost destroying New Orleans due to severe flooding.

Hurricane Rita quickly followed Katrina only to make matters worse. Between the two, more than $200 billion in damage was done. 400,000 jobs were lost and 275,000 homes were destroyed. Many of the jobs and homes were never to be recovered. Hundreds of thousands of people were displaced and over 1,000 were killed and more are missing. The effect on oil and gasoline prices was long-lasting.

All of this while having almost $60 billion a year in tax revenue due to the above losses !

DID THIS HAPPEN??
4) Economic terrorist attack 9/18/2008 or how the world almost came to the end at 2pm on 9/18/2008.
How close to entire collapse the ENTIRE world's economy was on 9/18/2008 when an economic terrorist attack occurred..

On Thursday (Sept 18), at 11am the Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the U.S., to the tune of $550 billion was being drawn out in the matter of an hour or two. The Treasury ...estimation is that by 2pm that afternoon, $5.5 trillion would have been drawn out of the money market system of the U.S., would have collapsed the entire economy of the U.S., and within 24 hours the world economy would have collapsed. It would have been the end of our economic system and our political system as we know it."

Oh and did I mention along the way when "Mission Accomplished" occurred after less then six weeks of combat in May 2003.. 10 years ago..that over 1 million Iraq people were
saved from starving? 50,000 people a year were starving under Saddam and when he was removed, (by the way at the request of Kerry,Pelosi, and 90% of the 28 million Iraqis) the
Researcher Richard Garfield estimated that "a minimum of 100,000 and a more likely estimate of 227,000 excess deaths among young children from August 1991 through March 1998" from all causes including sanctions. Human rights in Saddam Hussein's Iraq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again all this happened and at the same time the MSM was bashing the President DAILY!

Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

How can one ignore the FACT that $8 trillion in losses are being written off against tax payments?
How can one ignore THAT the results of these events have never been widely share because the biased MSM totally bashes Bush FACTS?
-------------------

ALL of the above GAINS in GDP and people employed IN SPITE of the 4 major world changing events AND the BASHING by the BIASED MSM!

So when Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democratic candidates and campaign committees in 2008, according to an analysis by The Examiner of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.
The Democratic total of $1,020,816 was given by 1,160 (85%!) of employees of the three major broadcast television networks, with an average contribution of $880.
By contrast, only 193 of the employees contributed to Republican candidates and campaign committees, for a total of $142,863.
Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters | The Daily Caller

Honorable
Straight forward

I'M SHOUTING GRAMPS CAUSE YOUR READING GLASSES OBVIOUSLY ARE BLURRY!

Gramps... have you had a memory loss???

Are you having an Alzheimer episode?

PLEASE TELL ME that comparable events like the below happened in any other presidency i.e. in 8 years!

Tell me that during these cataclysmic events the economy did not grow? GDP didn't grow. Employed people didn't grow!

WHERE WERE YOU if also don't remember how EVERY NIGHT TV NEWS totally exaggerated Iraq... totally ignored what was the truth but blew WENT out of proportion!

DID THIS HAPPEN??

DID THIS HAPPEN??

DID THIS HAPPEN??

All of this while having almost $60 billion a year in tax revenue reduced due to the above losses !

DID THIS HAPPEN??

-------------------

I bash obama regularly. Maybe it's you who needs glasses if you've missed it. I'm just not as over the top and loud as some others. And in case it somehow missed you this thread is an Obama bash. I faulted Bush for the debt he incurred and his terrible management of the wars. If you disagree with those two then perhaps you are blind.

Bush COULDN"T go to any colleges but military ones and A+M lol...great job! You're the guy with no facts, just talking points and stupid insults...

Yale & Harvard will be surprised...

BTW.. Aren't Obama's grades too pathetic to be shown in public?

Absolutely. We know if they were good they would be out there for everyone to see! But he has them sealed.... Wonder why?????

I'm not simply trying to argue. Bush ended with a 28% approval rating, even Republicans hated that man, how is that not divisive and anti honorable?

That's not shocking. The media did a real job on Bush. Did you already forget the daily body bag count when Bush was in office? Why did that suddenly disappear for the last four plus years?

Yale & Harvard will be surprised...

BTW.. Aren't Obama's grades too pathetic to be shown in public?

Absolutely. We know if they were good they would be out there for everyone to see! But he has them sealed.... Wonder why?????

One of three reasons..

A. He lied and claimed foreign aid status despite being American

B. He was a foreign student

C. He was a TERRIBLE student

There is no other explination.

Honorable
Straight forward

I detested Bush before 9/11/01. I thought his Presidency was going to be an exemplary example of the pussification of the American male.

He became a better President when he made the choice to defend this country come hell or high water, and he didn't give a fuck who thought otherwise. He went after our enemies where ever they were hiding and he made no bones about the fact that he was NEVER going to allow it to happen again.

He sucked domestically, but he was a far better President than Gore would have been, a far, far, far better President than Kerry would have been, and its been shown he was a far better President than Obama.

But he was NOT really a good President. Top 25 at best. However, Obama is proving to be in the worst 5, and that is saying something given some of the winners we've had in this country.

Forum List

Back