🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

businesses that ban guns...remember Luby's cafe....

And you don't see open carry on a regular basis? I call bull.

There was a business in Tucson, don't remember the name but they had a fleet of jeeps with brightly colored canopies on them, their drivers all wore matching shirts and they all carried hand guns. They went out of business because tourists didn't want their children exposed to possible gun fights.

This made the local news - free advertising - but the owner was quoted as saying he would not change his policy of all his drivers being armed.

Last I knew, they were kaput.

In the more than 25 years I lived in and near Tucson, I saw open carry two other times. Once when a guy pulled out of the restaurant at Ryan Field with a gun in the hand on the steering wheel. He was chasing someone on the highway and I slowed down in order to be far away from their altercation.

The other time was once when I was moving a rattlesnake off the road so he would get run over. Two guys in a pickemup stopped, one got out with a gun to shoot the snake. I said no, that I was just moving him. They got back in their truck and the one with the gun said I was crazy to be saving the life of a rattle snake.

I've been gone from Tcsn for about 7 years now. With all the he-man posturing going on about guns and so many men admitting they're too scared to come out from under their bed without their gun, my bet is there are more people sneaking around with a gun hidden under their shirt.

Homosexual people have been told that they will not be served under any conditions because they're homosexual.

Well, that is absolutely wrong...in the case of the baker...they will bake them anything they want...except a wedding cake...because their religion thinks what they are doing is a sin and won't support it...but they can have anything else...in fact in the one case they baked that couple all kinds of other items in the past....and then when they wanted to express their freedom of religion...was it respected by the gay couple...no....

If a store doesn't want me to carry a gun inside, I will go to another store...unless there isn't one, then I will keep my weapon in my car...where it can be stolen if someone breaks into the car...makes as much sense as telling a someone who isn't going to shoot people to take their gun off....while the crazies who will shoot people...walk in and shoot people...liberals think funny...

I do not like leaving a gun in a vehicle...offhand, I CANNOT secure mine. My truck's console does not lock, it will not fit in the very-small glove box. Absolutely nothing can truly be secured in my wife's canvas-top Blazer, for obvious reasons.

Oh...So those same businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason they see fit?
Gotcha....
BTW. Those signs are not legally binding.

Not true. I can have law enforcement remove anyone in my place of business if he is carrying a weapon, if I so desire.

Onee more time for the slow kid: if my wife is carrying, you will never know!

And that's fine.

Go for it.

Oh...So those same businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason they see fit?

YES! YES THEY DO! I can refuse service to you because I don't like your blue eyes! IT IS MY BUSINESS! NOT YOURS!

Why is this so hard for you people? MY PROPERTY. MY HOME. MY BUSINESS. I OWN IT. Not you. That's how this works.

Please tell me who looked a gun owner in the face and said we won't serve you because you have a gun.
All the business owners have said to please leave the guns outside.
You said:

When business start denying people service just because they have a gun...

I have a gun. There's a sign that says no guns.
Thus, the business has denied me service just because I have a gun.
Why do you refuse to support me?
No they didn't deny you service. They denied you entrance with your gun.
Oh, I see.
So, I post a "No Negros" sign, I have not denied service to Negros, I have only denied them entrance?
:cuckoo:
You're perfectly welcome in that business.
Your gun isn't.
So... you agree that a "No Negros" sign denies entrance, not service. Good.

Wow you twist my words.

Saying no African Americans can't enter a business is discrimination.

Saying your gun can't enter isn't.

In case you didn't know, your gun isn't a human being.
Yes it is....The owner of the establishment is discriminating against the person who is exercising his right to keep and bear arms.

No, false. You are wrong. I'm a massive pro-gun nut. I have my own gun. I have my conceal carry. I have boxes of ammo, and clips. I am totally in favor of gun rights, and every America should have the right to defend themselves.

However.... I am also completely in favor of all people having their own rights as well, and that includes private property.

That store IS NOT YOUR PROPERTY. The owner of that store, owns that store. It's HIS STORE, not yours. If he doesn't want people smoking in his store, that's his right. If he doesn't want guns on his property, that's his right. If doesn't want whatever on his property, that's his right.

I am completely 100% in favor of personal property rights. You don't have to the right to demand that someone else act in a way you want. You want to carry your gun 100% of the time, then don't go to that store.

Just like if you don't like smoking, and a store allows smoking on that property, your option is to not go to that store.

You don't get to dictate what rules other people have on their property.

Now do I think it's stupidity on the part of the owner? Yes. I think that rule is idiotic. "Criminal safe zone here!" is what gun free signs really means.

No, the owner is not infringing on your rights, by saying he doesn't want guns on HIS PROPERTY. It's HIS, not yours.

Then if he requires that you be disarmed he becomes 100% responsible for your safety. he is inviting you onto his property to conduct business under certain conditions, if those conditions cause you harm by requiring you to disarm yourself, the owner should be liable.

No, you have the option to not use his service. Just like I have the option to not come over to your home. If you invite me over for Super Bowl Sunday, and someone drives a truck through your front wall, and I'm paralyzed for life. "it was your responsibility to protect me from people driving through your wall!"

No, you being ridiculous. Everyone has the rights to their own property, including you. No excuses, no mental rationalizations, no bull crap. Thanks.

Anywhere in the world you go, you have the right to either accept the rules of that location, or you have the right to not go there. That's how that works. It's not a 'public place'. It's a private property situation. You don't like it, don't go there.

In that case the owner isn't taking a pro-active stance banning you from doing something that might protect you. In the case of saying "no guns in my store" he IS taking a pro-active stance to deny you a method of protection.

And there are things that I actually do consider public accommodations, such as food stores, hotels, and other store type locations, an owner takes on certain responsibilities, and obligations when he opens certain types of businesses.

Whenever I hear about stores that ban guns, I make a point to go there with my gun. It's simply a stupid stunt by them. Panera Bread, expect a visit.

So many gun nuts have no respect for the law or the rights of others. I wish they had the balls to open carry so sane people can vacate the place. But no - they're sneaky cowards who hide the gun on their person.

You're stupid. Note that open carry is not legal in most states!

Before Starbucks banned guns from their stores, I never really thought about my gun. Sometimes I had it on me, sometimes it was still in the car. Now, I never go into a Starbucks without it.

A common problem with armed froot loops. They have no idea where their gun is, whether its loaded or whether the safety is on. Some of these ignernt nutters even leave loaded guns scattered throughout their home.

Stupid statement with no basis in fact, as usual for Luddy Numbnuts.

And that's fine.

Go for it.

YES! YES THEY DO! I can refuse service to you because I don't like your blue eyes! IT IS MY BUSINESS! NOT YOURS!

Why is this so hard for you people? MY PROPERTY. MY HOME. MY BUSINESS. I OWN IT. Not you. That's how this works.

Dude...DECAF!

Whenever I hear about stores that ban guns, I make a point to go there with my gun. It's simply a stupid stunt by them. Panera Bread, expect a visit.

So many gun nuts have no respect for the law or the rights of others. I wish they had the balls to open carry so sane people can vacate the place. But no - they're sneaky cowards who hide the gun on their person.

Before Starbucks banned guns from their stores, I never really thought about my gun. Sometimes I had it on me, sometimes it was still in the car. Now, I never go into a Starbucks without it.

A common problem with armed froot loops. They have no idea where their gun is, whether its loaded or whether the safety is on. Some of these ignernt nutters even leave loaded guns scattered throughout their home.
pssst banning guns and passing restrictive gun laws has no respect for the rights of others. everything you gun grabbers do has no respect for the rights of others. wake up and smell your own coffee

pssst banning guns and passing restrictive gun laws has no respect for the rights of others. everything you gun grabbers do has no respect for the rights of others. wake up and smell your own coffee

Pssst -

No one is talkinga bout banning and I have no intention of giving up my own guns. Open carry is not restrictive.

Just as you can carry a gun, others have the right to know it.

I don't really care what you are referring to. Since the very beginning of this thread, I have used the word "Rifles", except one post, in which I said that I leave all my weapons in my car when I go in to a commercial establishment. What you do is your own business. I do not feel like I am missing anything that I really want to see by avoiding any place where you or anyone else carries rifles in stores. The fact is that I do see some over zealous macho men walking around with holstered guns in stores. I won't do that myself, because I think it is just "putting on a show", but I have far less of an issue with that, than I do with idiots carrying rifles in stores. When that happens, I drop off anything that I was going to buy with the manager, and tell him that when he stops allowing people to do that, I just might return and buy something.

Good way to handle it.

I would say to just call the police but I would be afraid of innocent people being shot as with the poor guy holding the toy rifle in Walmart.

And then there's this -

Post #125, page 2 of this thread:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/the-responsible-gun-owner-chroniceles.369021/page-2

You said:

And, you're too dumb to leave the gun in your car?

Maybe you could get someone to show you how to do that.

:eusa_doh:

Oh, I see.
So, I post a "No Negros" sign, I have not denied service to Negros, I have only denied them entrance?

Yeah, because a person can just up and change the color of their skin.

I take back my previous post.

You really are too dumb to figure this one out.

:afro:

You're stupid. Note that open carry is not legal in most states!

Stupid statement with no basis in fact, as usual for Luddy Numbnuts.
PredFan has said he leaves loaded guns strewn throughout his home, even when there were young children living there.

Notice the color coordinated references to actual statements.

Every single thing I said is based on something said here on this board.

If you want to see news articles about nutters who don't know if their safety is on, whether or not the gun is loaded or where the gun is, see this thread:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/the-responsible-gun-owner-chroniceles.369021/

You said:

And, you're too dumb to leave the gun in your car?

Maybe you could get someone to show you how to do that.

:eusa_doh:

So...you want me to leave a gun TOTALLY UNSECURED in my truck? Are you fucking STUPID, boy?!

Pssst -

No one is talkinga bout banning and I have no intention of giving up my own guns. Open carry is not restrictive.

Just as you can carry a gun, others have the right to know it.

So, trollboy, please describe, in detail, your efforts to get open-carry laws passed. What? You haven't done so?

As I thought...you're a shit-stirring pussy.

I agree with you that the open carry of rifles or shotguns in a restaurant is the height of insanity.

Height of insanity...not really....awkward in the confined space of a restaurant...especially if more than one person has the rifle...sure....it's not like you could check the weapon at the hat check....however....a restaurant might be able to charge a check fee and have rifles checked and secured at the door....that would discourage people, or at least keep the rifles from cluttering up the aisle...

If you think that regular people are going to go someplace that has people who open carry guns you're nuts.

Most regular people aren't going to go into that business.

In fact most people will be too scared to be around that gun. They will go to other business that rightly don't allow people to walk around with their guns.

I was on a ferry once and saw a man walking around with a gun in a holster on his hip. It scared the crap out of me. I noticed most of the other people were upset and were heading for the door to go to their car.

I joined a long line of people who went back to their cars and locked the doors.

How stupid. People carrying on their hip means you were in an open carry state. If you saw people with a gun on their hip and freaked out it means you were either a local who is ignorant of the local laws or a tourist who is ignorant of the local laws.

No it means I've seen too many news reports of gun nuts walking into malls, movie theaters, restaurants, schools etc and then killing a lot of people. There have also been situations where people were killed for just texting in a movie theater. Another time a person was killed just because the music in his car was loud.

Those who kill like that don't walk into an establishment and announce they're going to start shooting. They just start shooting. No one knows who is going to do that. So when I see someone with a gun I get out of the area as quickly as I can. Apparently so did other people on that ferry.

If there wasn't a history of gun nuts killing people that way I wouldn't have had any problem with that gun. I'm sure the other people wouldn't have had a problem with it either.

No it means I've seen too many news reports of gun nuts walking into malls, movie theaters, restaurants, schools etc and then killing a lot of people. There have also been situations where people were killed for just texting in a movie theater. Another time a person was killed just because the music in his car was loud.

Those who kill like that don't walk into an establishment and announce they're going to start shooting. They just start shooting. No one knows who is going to do that. So when I see someone with a gun I get out of the area as quickly as I can. Apparently so did other people on that ferry.

If there wasn't a history of gun nuts killing people that way I wouldn't have had any problem with that gun. I'm sure the other people wouldn't have had a problem with it either.
Ah... your position is based on an irrational fear.
Enough said.

Please tell me who looked a gun owner in the face and said we won't serve you because you have a gun.
You said:

Oh, I see.
Your gun isn't.

Wow you twist my words.

Yes it is....The owner of the establishment is discriminating against the person who is exercising his right to keep and bear arms.

No, false. You are wrong. I'm a massive pro-gun nut. I have my own gun. I have my conceal carry. I have boxes of ammo, and clips. I am totally in favor of gun rights, and every America should have the right to defend themselves.

However.... I am also completely in favor of all people having their own rights as well, and that includes private property.

That store IS NOT YOUR PROPERTY. The owner of that store, owns that store. It's HIS STORE, not yours. If he doesn't want people smoking in his store, that's his right. If he doesn't want guns on his property, that's his right. If doesn't want whatever on his property, that's his right.

I am completely 100% in favor of personal property rights. You don't have to the right to demand that someone else act in a way you want. You want to carry your gun 100% of the time, then don't go to that store.

Just like if you don't like smoking, and a store allows smoking on that property, your option is to not go to that store.

Now do I think it's stupidity on the part of the owner? Yes. I think that rule is idiotic. "Criminal safe zone here!" is what gun free signs really means.

No, the owner is not infringing on your rights, by saying he doesn't want guns on HIS PROPERTY. It's HIS, not yours.

Then if he requires that you be disarmed he becomes 100% responsible for your safety. he is inviting you onto his property to conduct business under certain conditions, if those conditions cause you harm by requiring you to disarm yourself, the owner should be liable.

No, you have the option to not use his service. Just like I have the option to not come over to your home. If you invite me over for Super Bowl Sunday, and someone drives a truck through your front wall, and I'm paralyzed for life. "it was your responsibility to protect me from people driving through your wall!"

No, you being ridiculous. Everyone has the rights to their own property, including you. No excuses, no mental rationalizations, no bull crap. Thanks.

Anywhere in the world you go, you have the right to either accept the rules of that location, or you have the right to not go there. That's how that works. It's not a 'public place'. It's a private property situation. You don't like it, don't go there.

In that case the owner isn't taking a pro-active stance banning you from doing something that might protect you. In the case of saying "no guns in my store" he IS taking a pro-active stance to deny you a method of protection.

And there are things that I actually do consider public accommodations, such as food stores, hotels, and other store type locations, an owner takes on certain responsibilities, and obligations when he opens certain types of businesses.

Still doesn't matter. And no, I don't believe in "public accommodation" ideology. My business.... IS MY BUSINESS. We used to believe that as a country. It's called PERSONAL PROPERTY. It's mine. You dont' have the right to say diddly jack squat about what I do with my business.

No, he doesn't have obligations to society. That's just a code for leftists to engage in tyranny over the public, in the name of the public good. Every cruel dictator in history has made that claim, and it was just as boogus for them, as it is for you.

If you don't like the rules for using the services or products my business sells, then you have the right to go somewhere else. Period. End of story. You can take all your rationalizations and justifications for dictating how people live, and file it in the oval cabinet.

V2ZXBifdoQ9ZjRA6A2eY-AJe1yTYCHjrgXCvVq0eoRQ=w298-h400

You said:

Oh, I see.
Your gun isn't.

Wow you twist my words.

Still doesn't matter. And no, I don't believe in "public accommodation" ideology. My business.... IS MY BUSINESS. We used to believe that as a country. It's called PERSONAL PROPERTY. It's mine. You dont' have the right to say diddly jack squat about what I do with my business.

No, he doesn't have obligations to society. That's just a code for leftists to engage in tyranny over the public, in the name of the public good. Every cruel dictator in history has made that claim, and it was just as boogus for them, as it is for you.

If you don't like the rules for using the services or products my business sells, then you have the right to go somewhere else. Period. End of story. You can take all your rationalizations and justifications for dictating how people live, and file it in the oval cabinet.

V2ZXBifdoQ9ZjRA6A2eY-AJe1yTYCHjrgXCvVq0eoRQ=w298-h400

I go for a strict definition of a public accommodation, not the cover all blanket used by progressives. Some forms of selling things don't allow you to go all Soup Nazi on your customers, because of the critical services provided.

And guess what? In most cases in urban areas the store owner is not the building owner, he is the RENTER. So really all those rented Paneras are claiming authority they really don't have.

You said:

Oh, I see.
Your gun isn't.

Wow you twist my words.

I go for a strict definition of a public accommodation, not the cover all blanket used by progressives. Some forms of selling things don't allow you to go all Soup Nazi on your customers, because of the critical services provided.

And guess what? In most cases in urban areas the store owner is not the building owner, he is the RENTER. So really all those rented Paneras are claiming authority they really don't have.

Most Lease agreements, allow you authority over the space. Yet even then, many building owners have rules about their buildings, that differ from one owner to another.

Even so, I am still against all public accommodation laws. Private property should be private.

So 1 event almost 25 years means that a company shouldn't ban AK-47s from being in their restaurant? Okay.

Here is the thing gun-atics, you think you are the good guy with the gun. Guess what

NO ONE THINKS YOU ARE THE GOOD GUY WITH THE GUN!!

They are watching you to see if they need to call the police. It's against any social decorum and it's extremely unnecessary. In fact, everyone thinks you're over compensating for something.

A person that think they must carry a firearm at all times has:

1. No college education.

2. IQ < 75

3. Thinks Country music is thought provoking music (It's not, it's all about drinking beer and driving a truck to get a girl. Seriously)

Forum List

Back