BWAHAHAHAA! Unions Lose in Wis!

Dude, benefits are going the way of the DoDO and you can THANK your Unions for that reality.

They have pushed and prodded, and made them so expensive that they push businesses into bankruptcy as they did GM.

You are really a loon.

Unions got those benefits in the first place.

And benefits had very little to do with GM's bankrupcy. Building big crappy gas guzzling SUVs that didn't sell outside the US, did.

Unions had a major role in the bankruptcy of GM.

I didn't know the Unions owned GM prior to their bankruptcy. Which Union boss was GM's CEO?

Dude, benefits are going the way of the DoDO and you can THANK your Unions for that reality.

They have pushed and prodded, and made them so expensive that they push businesses into bankruptcy as they did GM.

So its the UNIONS that are responsible for high health care costs.

Care to explain that one?

No, it's the GOVERNMENT that is responsible. The government getting involved in the 1960s is when healthcare prices exploded.

And why? BECAUSE THEY COULD GET AWAY WITH IT.

They could raise their prices, because insurance and the government WOULD PAY IT!

Yet, government healthcare is the solution?????????

But truth is the truth.

GM went under because they agreed to benefits in the 70s that were not sustainable. It finally put the company under.

The same is going to true for a lot more companies as this economy contracts.

You people keep bring up the Davis recall. How the hell does it have anything to with what went on in Wisconsin? sheesh

Both states were deep in debt from over spending....that's the connection.

Actually..no.

Winsconsin got into financial trouble after big tax cuts.

California got into trouble after they voted on a ridiculous "proposition" that made it impossible to raise taxes.

THAT's the connection.

People are ridiculous about taxes and services.

They all want chocolate cake and ice cream but when the bill comes they don't want to pay it.

Actually Sallow, YES, it WAS overspending. I lived in Ca. for 40+ years, I was there to see it happen. Prop13 saved a lot of old people their homes from rising property tax, make no mistake about that. Unless you didn't care about granny, it was a good thing. But prop13 wasn't the reason that Ca. was failing.

Dont let your husband fool you. If he doesnt beloing to a union he is not working hard at all.

By the way....as a business planner/human resources solutions consultant with clients that are both unionized and not unionized?

Our findings?

Those that have unions have a workforce where the level of work ethic and dedication is based on the LEAST acceptable...for example...ALL sick days are used by ALL employees of our unionized clients...(actually, the figure is 99.3%)

Only 58.2% of employees of our non unionized clients use ALL of their sick days per year.

My Dad was a supervisor and Manager on the B-1A and B-1B (and supervisor on the Apoll 11).

The man under him were union.

He had to take all the doors off the stalls in the men's restroom because the men would go in there, pull up their feet and sleep in the stalls.

I forget what he had to do about the men carrying lunch. He had a problem with men being drunk after lunch.

He discovered that they were taking oranges in their lunches in which they were injecting vodka into a frozen orange. So, they were having an vodka and orange with their lunch.

He would complain to me, about the fact the union men got paid twice what he ever got paid in a non management job, yet worked half as hard.

The idea of calling union people "working people," AS IF THEY ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT WORK IN THIS COUNTRY, is an insult to the working men and women of this country that really rankles me.

Trust me, my dad in management worked twice the hours the union people did, and half that time was in cleaning up the union workers, MESSES!

And I had a unicorn that could fly.

Wow! That really refuted what I said! NOT!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So its the UNIONS that are responsible for high health care costs.

Care to explain that one?

No, it's the GOVERNMENT that is responsible. The government getting involved in the 1960s is when healthcare prices exploded.

And why? BECAUSE THEY COULD GET AWAY WITH IT.

They could raise their prices, because insurance and the government WOULD PAY IT!

Yet, government healthcare is the solution?????????

But truth is the truth.

GM went under because they agreed to benefits in the 70s that were not sustainable. It finally put the company under.

The same is going to true for a lot more companies as this economy contracts.

Sorry, I wasn't asking you.

You are really a loon.

And benefits had very little to do with GM's bankrupcy. Building big crappy gas guzzling SUVs that didn't sell outside the US, did.

Yeah..had nothing to do with this:

GM CEO's compensation jumps 64 percent in 2007 | Reuters
GM CEO to Get $9M Compensation Package - FoxNews.com

Gotta love it. You pay a few guys a compensation package that it would take a normal employee 100 years or so to accrue but it's the "benefits" that were a "major cause" of the problems.

And building crappy cars had nothing to do with it either.

It was all the working stiff.

:lol:

Fall short of taking back the Senate. That's what that headline means. It doesn't mean they've fallen short in every single one of their life endeavors.

How many seats did the Republicans gain?

Jesus Christ you people are a like a bunch of retarded children on PEZ.

I think we see who's acting like a child.

THE GOP WON FOUR RETAINING THEIR MAJORITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Try again sore loser!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How many seats did the GOP gain?

I wasn't aware the Republicans could gain seats in that recall election:confused:

That's a real positive way to spin losing 2 seats.

Sorry, but I've never had to interview for a job after I was already hired.

The number 4 is larger than the number 2.

That's not simple math, it's counting.

You may want to hunt down your K teacher and beat the fuck outta him or her for letting you continue on to 1st grade.

So how many seats did the Republicans gain?

What a stupid question. The Republicans couldn't possibly gain a seat in a recall election, you realize that, right?

We were being told by all you liberals that this was a slam dunk for the Democrats. That the Democrats were going to gain enough seats to overturn the legislation that was passed earlier this year. How did that work our for you?

Rick

You are really a loon.

I didn't know the Unions owned GM prior to their bankruptcy. Which Union boss was GM's CEO?

Please re read what I posted and key in on the word "major"....then get back with me. :cuckoo:

The number 4 is larger than the number 2.

That's not simple math, it's counting.

You may want to hunt down your K teacher and beat the fuck outta him or her for letting you continue on to 1st grade.

So how many seats did the Republicans gain?

What a stupid question. The Republicans couldn't possibly gain a seat in a recall election, you realize that, right?

Does Wisconsin law forbid the recall election of Democratic Senators or something? How come no Democratic seats were up for grabs?

Both states were deep in debt from over spending....that's the connection.

Actually..no.

Winsconsin got into financial trouble after big tax cuts.

California got into trouble after they voted on a ridiculous "proposition" that made it impossible to raise taxes.

THAT's the connection.

People are ridiculous about taxes and services.

They all want chocolate cake and ice cream but when the bill comes they don't want to pay it.

Actually Sallow, YES, it WAS overspending. I lived in Ca. for 40+ years, I was there to see it happen. Prop13 saved a lot of old people their homes from rising property tax, make no mistake about that. Unless you didn't care about granny, it was a good thing. But prop13 wasn't the reason that Ca. was failing.

Sure it was.

Along with crazy sentencing laws. 3 strikes? That's nuts.

I lived in California for 2 years. It's a very nutty place.

They want tons of services but they don't want to pay for them.

You are really a loon.

Yeah..had nothing to do with this:

GM CEO's compensation jumps 64 percent in 2007 | Reuters
GM CEO to Get $9M Compensation Package - FoxNews.com

Gotta love it. You pay a few guys a compensation package that it would take a normal employee 100 years or so to accrue but it's the "benefits" that were a "major cause" of the problems.

And building crappy cars had nothing to do with it either.

It was all the working stiff.

:lol:

Umm...GM didn't go bankrupt becouse of 9 million given to the CEO idiot:cuckoo:

Please re read what I posted and key in on the word "major"....then get back with me. :cuckoo:

Yeah - major - they had a major role, got that. I was just wondering what that major role is. Companies are run by CEO's, boards of directors, and ultimately - shareholders - so which one of those three were the Union?

Hey guys, how many seats did the Republicans gain in this election?

I was rooting for the democrats in these elections, and the outcome sure feels like a loss to me. Or at least it did until you convinced me they actually kicked ass by repeating this brilliant stroke of partisan spin. :doubt:

Dont let your husband fool you. If he doesnt beloing to a union he is not working hard at all.

By the way....as a business planner/human resources solutions consultant with clients that are both unionized and not unionized?

Our findings?

Those that have unions have a workforce where the level of work ethic and dedication is based on the LEAST acceptable...for example...ALL sick days are used by ALL employees of our unionized clients...(actually, the figure is 99.3%)

Only 58.2% of employees of our non unionized clients use ALL of their sick days per year.

My Dad was a supervisor and Manager on the B-1A and B-1B (and supervisor on the Apoll 11).

The man under him were union.

He had to take all the doors off the stalls in the men's restroom because the men would go in there, pull up their feet and sleep in the stalls.

I forget what he had to do about the men carrying lunch. He had a problem with men being drunk after lunch.

He discovered that they were taking oranges in their lunches in which they were injecting vodka into a frozen orange. So, they were having an vodka and orange with their lunch.

He would complain to me, about the fact the union men got paid twice what he ever got paid in a non management job, yet worked half as hard.

The idea of calling union people "working people," AS IF THEY ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT WORK IN THIS COUNTRY, is an insult to the working men and women of this country that really rankles me.

Trust me, my dad in management worked twice the hours the union people did, and half that time was in cleaning up the union workers, MESSES!

And I had a unicorn that could fly.

Denial...

Basic logic...

Joe and Jim start the same day as lather turners. Both get union starting salary of 18 an hour, full benefits paid for, 401(k) match plan, 5 sick days, 10 vacation days, 2 personal days, 2 floating holidays, and the 8 national holidays.

Both Joe and Jim are healthy and have not used any sick days as they approach their one year anniversary.

Joe tells jim that he will be calling in sick next week for if he doesnt, he will lose his sick days. Jim feels such is inappropriate as he has been taught that you dont "earn" sick days...you are afforded to use them when you need them.

One year anniversary comes and Joe and jim both get their annual raise of CoL plus 2%.....but Joe had 5 more "vcacation days" last year than Jim and they both got the exact same recognition come raise time due to union contract.

Exactly what are the chances that Jim will NOT do the same thing as Joe next time?

We found the answer to be .07 out of 100

Forum List

Back