Ca Bypasses trump. Makes Deal With 4 Car Companies

Some decades ago the government ordered itself to design and develop the car that Americans should drive. With all of the safety add ons and the way the car was, it was estimated it would cost near a million dollars a piece. To be fair this was a quick read and the material on it was short. We do however spend over five thousand dollars a vehicle on government mandated safety items in each vehicle. And it continues to go higher.
Another reason why a focus on public transportation is a much better option.

But too many dotards in this country for that to ever happen on a wide scale.

My city is making it a priority. I find it extremely useful so far, and it is not even fully completed.
Public transportation is just another way for governments to control the citizens.

We’ll tell you when and where we’ll pick you up, how long the trip will be, and how many miles from your destination we’ll drop you off at.

And you better allow us to raise your taxes, or we go on strike and you’re going nowhere.

Kinda like the airlines, huh?

If you dont like it get a car and leave when you want.
Most people don’t require airlines to get to work or buy groceries.

And the Left said the plan is to outlaw cars.
Lying fuck. No one is outlawing cars.
AOC's New Green Deal: Ban Cars, Ban Airplanes, Ban Cows, and Also, Open Borders Forever

This is very interesting.

trump has been trying to take freedom from a handful of states, including California, by taking away their right to set their own air quality standards and requirements on car emissions.

So far 4 car companies have signed on with California to make cars with lower emissions and higher gas mileage no matter what trump does.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions. I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't. I've saved a lot of money on gas and I'm not polluting the air as much. Half the time I'm driving totally on electricity.

I hope California is able to get more car companies to sign on.

California bypasses Trump to sign tougher mileage deal with 4 car makers

Bull crap. Electric cars pollute far more than gas cars.

Now everything else, I am fine with. You don't want to drive a gas car, great.

I highly doubt you have saved money on gas. I've done the math on that dozens of times, and you never save money.

That said, you can drive whatever you want, I don't care. Just don't make up your mythology and try and convince me the billions of tons of pollutants spewed out mines and factories around the world to make your EV battery packs, is saving the planet. Bull crap.

But those rare metals come from somewhere—often, from environmentally destructive mines. It’s not just Tesla, of course. All electric vehicles rely on parts with similar environmental issues. Even solar panels depend on rare metals that have to be dug out of the earth and processed in less-than-green ways, says David Abraham, author of the book The Elements of Power.

Tesla's Electric Cars Aren't as Green as You Might Think
iu

Nickle mine and processing plant, primarily used in EV batteries. No fuel burning there, no gas emissions there, no electricity from coal fired power plants there. No environmental damage there... (sarcasm) but at least you don't have to fill up with gas... so obviously you are saving the planet.

Again... if you like your electric car, I'm all for it. I'm not here to tell you your car sucks. By all means, charge up your car, and drive all you want. I'm all for it.

But please.... don't lie to yourself and everyone else, that you are saving the plant and not polluting. EVs are far more polluting than gas cars.
Did you read the entire article you linked? It doesn't really support your claim.

Rare earth metals are also necessary for conventional cars.

Your article talks about the EV batteries. You should read that part.

And gasoline doesn't come out of the ground ready to use. It has to be extracted, refined, distributed.

If you still wonder about the difference between how clean an electric car is vs gas powered, here's an experiment that can demonstrate the difference Go into a garage. Close all the doors. Start your electric car and sit inside the garage.

Now try the same thing with a gasoline powered car.

You'll need to be sure and do this in the proper order because the gas auto will kill you and you won't get to try the electric car.

If I had an electric car, it would be powered by a source 93,000,000 miles away. Delivered to right to my roof.
Some decades ago the government ordered itself to design and develop the car that Americans should drive. With all of the safety add ons and the way the car was, it was estimated it would cost near a million dollars a piece. To be fair this was a quick read and the material on it was short. We do however spend over five thousand dollars a vehicle on government mandated safety items in each vehicle. And it continues to go higher.

My city is making it a priority. I find it extremely useful so far, and it is not even fully completed.
Public transportation is just another way for governments to control the citizens.

We’ll tell you when and where we’ll pick you up, how long the trip will be, and how many miles from your destination we’ll drop you off at.

And you better allow us to raise your taxes, or we go on strike and you’re going nowhere.
They could shut down all highways. They could ban the sale of gasoline, they could take away your driver's license OMG OMG OMG

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions. I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again. And I haven't. I've saved a lot of money on gas and I'm not polluting the air as much. Half the time I'm driving totally on electricity.

Higher overall vehicle cost and lower capabilities of the vehicle (generally).

If you want me to buy a “clean(er)” car it cannot cost more and must have at least the same level of capabilities as the older cars.
That is 100%vtotal bullshit.

I have a 2005 Prius. 45 MPG, Carries a shit load of stuff & saves me big money.
You have a gay Prius, why is no one surprised. I bet you’ve got 20 bumper stickers including tolerance and coexist. :lmao:

My Prius is gay?

I get it. You're one of those little dick people that musty drive a "big" vehicle because it makes you feel like a tough guy.

Kinda like the airlines, huh?

If you dont like it get a car and leave when you want.
Most people don’t require airlines to get to work or buy groceries.

And the Left said the plan is to outlaw cars.
Lying fuck. No one is outlawing cars.
AOC's New Green Deal: Ban Cars, Ban Airplanes, Ban Cows, and Also, Open Borders Forever
Tell us who wrote that & why you are so stupid that you believe it?

Yes I have a 2017 Prius, I had a 2011 Prius, I had a 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid and my ex had a 2001 Prius.

I can pack a ton of stuff in my Prius and hit the road. I do it every month when I go to my vacation house in the central part of the state. I've packed 11 of my daughter's friends in my Prius too. Then went straight up one of our infamous very tall hills. It went right up the hill no problem. Everyone was packed in and I was laughing hysterically but the car had no problem with it.

It's a great car. I've also saved a ton of money. When we were paying over 4 dollars a gallon for gas in the bush boy years, Only having to fill up the tank twice a month saved me a lot of money. I was still able to keep my gas expenses around 100 dollars a month.

I just filled my car yesterday. It was 3.19 a gallon. I paid 27 dollars to fill my car.

You put 13 people in a car that is built for five and traveled? That sounds dangerous, that means eight people either had no seatbelts or shared.
I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions.

Safety.......that's why...to get the higher mileage and lower emissions you have to make the vehicles lighter...and less safe...but dead people never were an obstacle for left wingers......

Just because they're lighter doesn't mean they aren't safe.

My son totaled my last Prius at the end of 2017. The police didn't expect to find anyone alive in the car when they got to the scene of the accident.

My son walked away without a scratch. He was encased in air bags, the seat belt kept him in place, the engine dropped as the safety regulations required so that engine wasn't in his lap. Airbags even deployed in the foot well so his legs and ankles weren't broken nor shoved into the dashboard by impact. I was in an accident in a regular gas car in 1988 when airbags weren't standard in cars. There wasn't any in the car I was driving. I wore a seatbelt but it doesn't keep your legs from flying into the dashboard. It just kept my upper body in place. There were holes in the dashboard where my knees were embedded. Which caused life long problems with my knees.

The car basically crumbled around my son leaving my son with absolutely no injuries, not even a scratch. My wonderful car, which had a lot of very good memories from all the places it took me, my friends and family, died so that my son lived without even a scratch. I told him it's easy to replace a car. It's impossible to replace him. I thank Toyota and past politicians for making sure that those safety features were in that car so that my son didn't die that cold night in December 2017 just before his birthday.

Just because it's lighter doesn't mean it's not as safe. Those cars have to pass the same safety tests and regulations a regular gas car has to pass. Sedans, including hybrids, have to pass more stricter safety standards than trucks and SUVs.

Don’t underestimate size and weight in car crashes. They have the largest effect on injuries and death.

How car size and weight factor into car accidents

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/ed30/3bc3c694aac3b7fdf9356ff37a5c433a7258.pdf

Laws of Physics Persist: In Crashes, Big Cars Win

Now, your Prius ways more than a gas powered car of the same size, so that helps but in vehicle collisions, size and weight matter the most. Just what physics says.

There were 11 kids and myself in that car. We didn't go far. Just up the hill to my house.

My son walked away without a scratch because of the safety features on that car. Just because it's not a big truck or SUV doesn't mean it's not safe.

No your son is lucky. I lost a daughter in a Toyota that got hit by a bigger vehicle and the stats in the linked articles in my previous post, proves that is the case. Numbers don’t lie. A week after our daughter was killed, on that same highway a truck hit an Amish couple in a horse and buggy, they both walked away with no injuries.

Again, the numbers don’t lie, a bigger heavier vehicle will protect you better than a smaller lighter vehicle. That isn’t up to dispute by the professionals that tabulates millions of crashes over decades of numbers.
So, what are you driving to protect yourself against a loaded 18 wheeler?

I didn’t say that, it seems you are trolling, and poorly at that. Tell you what, considering what you have to work with I’ll give you an A for being an idiot.

If you want me to buy a “clean(er)” car it cannot cost more and must have at least the same level of capabilities as the older cars.

You have a gay Prius, why is no one surprised. I bet you’ve got 20 bumper stickers including tolerance and coexist. :lmao:

My Prius is gay?

I get it. You're one of those little dick people that musty drive a "big" vehicle because it makes you feel like a tough guy.
I hear there's been a run on huge SUVs since Stormy talked about the mushroom.

Yes I have a 2017 Prius, I had a 2011 Prius, I had a 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid and my ex had a 2001 Prius.

I can pack a ton of stuff in my Prius and hit the road. I do it every month when I go to my vacation house in the central part of the state. I've packed 11 of my daughter's friends in my Prius too. Then went straight up one of our infamous very tall hills. It went right up the hill no problem. Everyone was packed in and I was laughing hysterically but the car had no problem with it.

It's a great car. I've also saved a ton of money. When we were paying over 4 dollars a gallon for gas in the bush boy years, Only having to fill up the tank twice a month saved me a lot of money. I was still able to keep my gas expenses around 100 dollars a month.

I just filled my car yesterday. It was 3.19 a gallon. I paid 27 dollars to fill my car.

You put 13 people in a car that is built for five and traveled? That sounds dangerous, that means eight people either had no seatbelts or shared.

trump has been trying to take freedom from a handful of states, including California, by taking away their right to set their own air quality standards and requirements on car emissions.

So far 4 car companies have signed on with California to make cars with lower emissions and higher gas mileage no matter what trump does.

I don't understand why anyone would be against higher mileage and lower emissions.

Safety.......that's why...to get the higher mileage and lower emissions you have to make the vehicles lighter...and less safe...but dead people never were an obstacle for left wingers......

My son totaled my last Prius at the end of 2017. The police didn't expect to find anyone alive in the car when they got to the scene of the accident.

My son walked away without a scratch. He was encased in air bags, the seat belt kept him in place, the engine dropped as the safety regulations required so that engine wasn't in his lap. Airbags even deployed in the foot well so his legs and ankles weren't broken nor shoved into the dashboard by impact. I was in an accident in a regular gas car in 1988 when airbags weren't standard in cars. There wasn't any in the car I was driving. I wore a seatbelt but it doesn't keep your legs from flying into the dashboard. It just kept my upper body in place. There were holes in the dashboard where my knees were embedded. Which caused life long problems with my knees.

The car basically crumbled around my son leaving my son with absolutely no injuries, not even a scratch. My wonderful car, which had a lot of very good memories from all the places it took me, my friends and family, died so that my son lived without even a scratch. I told him it's easy to replace a car. It's impossible to replace him. I thank Toyota and past politicians for making sure that those safety features were in that car so that my son didn't die that cold night in December 2017 just before his birthday.

Just because it's lighter doesn't mean it's not as safe. Those cars have to pass the same safety tests and regulations a regular gas car has to pass. Sedans, including hybrids, have to pass more stricter safety standards than trucks and SUVs.

Don’t underestimate size and weight in car crashes. They have the largest effect on injuries and death.

Now, your Prius ways more than a gas powered car of the same size, so that helps but in vehicle collisions, size and weight matter the most. Just what physics says.

There were 11 kids and myself in that car. We didn't go far. Just up the hill to my house.

My son walked away without a scratch because of the safety features on that car. Just because it's not a big truck or SUV doesn't mean it's not safe.

No your son is lucky. I lost a daughter in a Toyota that got hit by a bigger vehicle and the stats in the linked articles in my previous post, proves that is the case. Numbers don’t lie. A week after our daughter was killed, on that same highway a truck hit an Amish couple in a horse and buggy, they both walked away with no injuries.

Again, the numbers don’t lie, a bigger heavier vehicle will protect you better than a smaller lighter vehicle. That isn’t up to dispute by the professionals that tabulates millions of crashes over decades of numbers.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Nothing can come close to having to lose your child.

However, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety crash test ratings and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration safety ratings has the Prius rated 9.2. The NHTSA has the Prius over all rating as 5 stars out of 5 stars.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/toyota/prius/safety

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Nothing can come close to having to lose your child.

However, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety crash test ratings and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration safety ratings has the Prius rated 9.2. The NHTSA has the Prius over all rating as 5 stars out of 5 stars.

Thank you, I don’t dispute that they aren’t safe but if you knew you would be in a head on tomorrow (which I would wish on no one) would you rather be in a Toyota Prius or a Toyota Tacoma?

Thank you, I don’t dispute that they aren’t safe but if you knew you would be in a head on tomorrow (which I would wish on no one) would you rather be in a Toyota Prius or a Toyota Tacoma?
Or if I drove a bigger SUV & caused an accident I would more likely kill someone.

Or if I drove a bigger SUV & caused an accident I would more likely kill someone.
...And political correctness has made you fucking retarded

I didn’t say that, it seems you are trolling, and poorly at that. Tell you what, considering what you have to work with I’ll give you an A for being an idiot.
So where do you draw the line? At what point is a car big enough?

And?

They are tons more to fix though when not totaled. Very few fender benders now that dont require major bucks when a more solid vehicle you could choose to fix it or drive it, Not so with aluminum cans

All cars are like that. I owned many regular gas cars in my life. I started driving when I was 14 years old. Yes the older cars that were made in the 70s and before, are made much more sound and heavy.

Starting in the 80s that changed. Most cars now are designed to crumble and protect he humans inside.

My Subaru, Chevy, Saturn cars dented the same way my Prius dents. My Mazda B2200 truck dented the same way my cars dented.

But I guess your priorities are different from mine and car makers. We prefer that the car crumble while protecting the humans inside.

I believe humans are more important than money.
Been in high speed crashes with old cars that dont crumble unbelted.....never been injured. Your cars crumple because they need to be lighter to make the Govt mandated mileage. Why rotors are throw away nowdays. They tell you its a safety feature and laugh all the way to bank on the extra repair cash flow created.

So where do you draw the line? At what point is a car big enough?

That isn’t the point I was making, I drive a Volt and a Suburban, I use the Volt when it is just my wife and I and if we have the grandkids or going camping, I take the Suburban. The point is know your risk, and a Prius is also safer than a gas powered car the same size because it weighs more, it is science, not my rules, not my laws of physics and pure luck, your odds go up when you are in a bigger vehicle.

For the billions of miles school buses driver per year, with no seatbelts, there only six deaths per year. Walking and taking cars to school result in 800 child deaths per you. I’ll let you figure out why.

They are tons more to fix though when not totaled. Very few fender benders now that dont require major bucks when a more solid vehicle you could choose to fix it or drive it, Not so with aluminum cans

My mother hit a man on a scooter at about 10 mph. Thankfully, the man was not hurt severely. Her car was totaled!
Friend hit a very small deer with a Nissan Rogue. Same thing.

My son was T boned in the Prius. The other car ran the light and hit my car in the front on the driver's side. He walked away without a scratch.

I was in my Mazda B2200 truck and hit some black ice on a bridge one night. Since there was no weight in the back, as soon as those back tires hit that ice, I was all over the bridge. When I got across the bridge I slid sideways toward a house. The only thing that kept me from going straight into that house was my truck caught the side of the curb and threw me away from the house with the truck landing the driver's side on the ground in the parking lot next to the house. I had to be cut out of the truck. Then taken to the hospital with serious injuries.

So yes, I would rather be in that Prius than that Mazda B2200 in an accident.

My son was T boned in the Prius. The other car ran the light and hit my car in the front on the driver's side. He walked away without a scratch.

I was in my Mazda B2200 truck and hit some black ice on a bridge one night. Since there was no weight in the back, as soon as those back tires hit that ice, I was all over the bridge. When I got across the bridge I slid sideways toward a house. The only thing that kept me from going straight into that house was my truck caught the side of the curb and threw me away from the house with the truck landing the driver's side on the ground in the parking lot next to the house. I had to be cut out of the truck. Then taken to the hospital with serious injuries.

So grateful your son was okay. My daughter was t-boned by a Caddy, killed her instantly, funny thing is the police officer said had she not been wearing her seatbelt she would have been okay as it would have thrown her away from the impact. Just bizarre how things go.

I agree to disagree with you on this, however thank you for a civil discussion, we all need more of that.

So grateful your son was okay. My daughter was t-boned by a Caddy, killed her instantly, funny thing is the police officer said had she not been wearing her seatbelt she would have been okay as it would have thrown her away from the impact. Just bizarre how things go.

I agree to disagree with you on this, however thank you for a civil discussion, we all need more of that.

My son was T boned by a large sedan too. I don't know what make and model it was.

I'm so sorry about your daughter. It's got to be the hardest thing to deal with. No parent should have to bury their child.

Sometimes that seatbelt can save lives. Sometimes it doesn't. I've been in my share of accidents. The seatbelt saved me in a couple of them. However, most of the time that seatbelt is an annoyance since I'm very short and they aren't made for people as small as I am and it doesn't lay across my chest the way it does most people. I usually ends up digging into my neck.

I can agree to disagree too. There's no reason why people can't have a civil and mature discussion. We think differently which means we think for ourselves. That is a good thing.

Forum List

Back