ca chrome...triple crowner winner or not?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i say no for many reasons...the triple crown is the hardest event in sports to win.

Y! SPORTS

the most important thing is the span of rest the horses get...many horses that ran the derby..remember that large field.....rested for the preakness....but will run the belmont....

however ...i would not miss the race today...it should be interesting at least and perhaps history making...ya just never know

Let me look into this.

Spirited Horse wins triple crown...........

pd-unwind-20130705141115409797-620x349.jpg

I'm not a fan but I have to admit the movie about Secretariat made me look it up, seemed too much to be true, and you know how Hollywood is. But it was true.

If you are a horse racing fan this race at Belmont is probably the most amazing thing ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, my browser does not let me copy and paste, so bear with me.

Google: "horse Kincsem".

This horse - living today - would be the winner.

My crystal ball says we will have a triple crown winner before sun down.

Your crystal ball, eh? Well know this! California Chrome will not win today! No way, no how, nada! :eusa_angel: The devil won't get any glory today out of a crystal ball. Not on my watch! HA!~

l:2014 Belmont Stakes Contenders - Belmont Horse Racing

I found Strollingbones thread interesting this morning so I looked up the list of names of the horse and their histories... and found the link above. I have never and would never bet on a horse race. I don't bet. But I looked at the histories of all the horse and their names and although I'm not too impressed by the name I have found one I like because the odds are stacked against him. ( actually two )

General A Rod: (Post Position 10—Morning Line Odds 20/1) This Michael J. Maker trained colt is a very divisive topic among horse racing fans and his performance in the Kentucky Derby and Preakness answered few questions. He finished 11th in the Derby but improved to a respectable 4th in the Preakness. Some think that he’s a solid contender that has performed well in the mix with a number of top three year olds at Gulfstream Park in his three year old campaign. Won the Gulfstream Park Derby, finished second in the Fountain of Youth and third in the Florida Derby. His detractors suggest that the racing talent at Gulfstream Park is a cut below other tracks making General A Rod an average horse at best. Some have even called him ‘dead weight’. What this enigmatic horse does in the Belmont is anyone’s guess.

–Tonalist: (Post Position 11—Morning Line Odds 8/1) A lot of horse racing experts and handicappers are big on Tonalist based on his impressive win in the Grade 2 Peter Pan Stakes at Belmont Park on May 10th. Tonalist has been brought along slowly in his three year old campaign—he was scratched from the Wood Memorial due to a lung infection which kept him out of the Kentucky Derby and Preakness. Tonalist’s running style is also conducive to a good performance at the Belmont Stakes—he’s a strong closer which is a great asset at the distance and with the likely pace. Trained by Christophe Clement his jockey for the Belmont is still pending.

I like these two but because Tonalist had a lung infection and didn't get to race in either of the other two races? I think he deserves to win. Tonalist never even got a chance to run. On top of that they still don't even know who his jockey is going to be! Now if that isn't having the odds stacked against you I don't know what is! So because he needs someone in his corner I believe I shall lift him up for a prayer today. He sounds like a dandy to me.

-Jeremiah

Last edited:
There is nothing cruel about horse racing. The horses aren't beaten. They are magnificent animals who are cared for and loved like children.

I hope California Chrome wins. He comes from a poor family.

There is nothing cruel about horse racing. The horses aren't beaten. They are magnificent animals who are cared for and loved like children.

Horses are indeed magnificent animals.

Can't say anything nice about jockeys or bettors, though.

Horses are indeed magnificent animals.

Can't say anything nice about jockeys or bettors, though.

If you object to gambling, don't do it. Any jockey that mistreated one of those horses would not be a jockey for long. After all, jockeys can easily be replaced.

These particular animals are taken care of like royalty!

Run a pool every year for each of the Triple Crown races for fellow boaters at the marina where we slip. Thus far the betting for/against CA Chrome pulling it off is almost dead even, just a hair more against.

I'd like to see it happen because of how inexpensively the owners acquired him vs. the gobs of money some others spend to acquire others with supposedly better pedigree.

Forum List

Back