CA democras are disgusting

You are arguing about end goals I am not arguing about, and ignoring the change to the method of achieving the end goal.

Prosecutors who have made their bones trying to break these rings up don't like this law. it takes away their leverage.

It protects pimps and johns......ie suppliers and customers.....and hurts the products...ie kids.

Another lie. What a surprise. It does NOT protect the pimps and johns. They can still be arrested. Why? Because the law did NOT make child prostitution legal.

Anything that makes it harder to prosecute them helps them. Prosecutors have lost leverage on the kids that are picked up. Even if they never intend to prosecute, they had at least the hammer to convince these kids to go against whatever conditioning they had received from the traffickers.

You might find this to be a interesting read Marty

http://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1252&context=djglp

please excuse some of the wording

As I stated in my original response, the intent of this is worthy, however the end result is the loss of leverage over a potentially unwilling victim of a crime.

In the end, the only thing this does is help the trafffickers because now the State can't use leverage to get the kids to name names.

Here is a interesting link with the same concerns as you..

here is a scale of this same law in the Netherlands

* Prostitution has never been illegal in the Netherlands, but a ban on pimping and brothels was enacted in 1911 "to protect prostitutes from exploitation." This ban was not enforced since 1960, and in 2000 it was removed from the penal code. Per a Dutch governmental report, "One of the most important objectives" of the bill that removed the ban on pimping and brothels "was to prevent and combat human trafficking."[178] [179] Per the same report:

• Between 2000 and 2009, the number of reported trafficking victims in the Netherlands grew from 341 people in 2000 to 909 people in 2009.

reported_trafficking_victims_netherlands_2000-2009.png

Sex Trafficking – Just Facts

It protects pimps and johns......ie suppliers and customers.....and hurts the products...ie kids.

Another lie. What a surprise. It does NOT protect the pimps and johns. They can still be arrested. Why? Because the law did NOT make child prostitution legal.

Anything that makes it harder to prosecute them helps them. Prosecutors have lost leverage on the kids that are picked up. Even if they never intend to prosecute, they had at least the hammer to convince these kids to go against whatever conditioning they had received from the traffickers.

As I stated in my original response, the intent of this is worthy, however the end result is the loss of leverage over a potentially unwilling victim of a crime.

In the end, the only thing this does is help the trafffickers because now the State can't use leverage to get the kids to name names.

* Prostitution has never been illegal in the Netherlands, but a ban on pimping and brothels was enacted in 1911 "to protect prostitutes from exploitation." This ban was not enforced since 1960, and in 2000 it was removed from the penal code. Per a Dutch governmental report, "One of the most important objectives" of the bill that removed the ban on pimping and brothels "was to prevent and combat human trafficking."[178] [179] Per the same report:

• Between 2000 and 2009, the number of reported trafficking victims in the Netherlands grew from 341 people in 2000 to 909 people in 2009.

that could be just due to increased monitoring. And our situation is not similar as pimping is still illegal, as is trafficking in minors.

God forbid easily influenced children don't get arrested for being manipulated..
Leaving the police with no way of getting that child out of harms way.

Yeah, call child services.
"Hey, I have a 12 year old on Main and 2nd. Yeah, I know you have a 4 month backlog already."

Hummm, who cut those services I wonder? lol

No one cut any services.
I have a friend who's wife works with child services - in leftard California with a super majority of Democrats. Months long backlog for 20 years now.

that could be just due to increased monitoring. And our situation is not similar as pimping is still illegal, as is trafficking in minors.

Ok..here is another way of looking at it..

Like I said I worked with gangs so I understand a bit ( I never dealt with sex offenders)

This law is mainly to protect the Innocent victims...but like you said it may give away some of the leverage

but..

like that link I gave you the pimps brainwash, manipulate, and scare these young people..
many of them don't even know who the pimp is..

Some even while under arrest with not talk , and go right back as soon as they are released( or run away) sure they will get a probation officer, but will never show up..

It is the same with addiction

some will have a light bulb moment and find recovery

Like I said I worked with gangs so I understand a bit ( I never dealt with sex offenders)

This law is mainly to protect the Innocent victims...but like you said it may give away some of the leverage

but..

like that link I gave you the pimps brainwash, manipulate, and scare these young people..

Some even while under arrest with not talk , and go right back as soon as they are released( or run away) sure they will get a probation officer, but will never show up..

So now prosecutors have no leverage. Hell, if the pimp has enough balls it can claim IT's the guardian and try to get the kid back. Without the criminal system as a coutnerweight, it's possible.

but..

So the 12 year old girl says she is freelancing.
Cops just have to walk away and tell child services. Who will put her on the bottom of a stack of 3 foot high papers.

God forbid easily influenced children don't get arrested for being manipulated..

"Hey, I have a 12 year old on Main and 2nd. Yeah, I know you have a 4 month backlog already."

No one cut any services.
I have a friend who's wife works with child services - in leftard California with a super majority of Democrats. Months long backlog for 20 years now.

Actually it is the democrats and the republicans who have cut SS for years.same way the streets are full of the mentally ill ...because well it started with Reagan

Over 30 years ago, when Reagan was elected President in 1980, he discarded a law proposed by his predecessor that would have continued funding federal community mental health centers. This basically eliminated services for people struggling with mental illness.

He made similar decisions while he was the governor of California, releasing more than half of the state’s mental hospital patients and passing a law that abolished involuntary hospitalization of people struggling with mental illness. This started a national trend of de-institutionalization.

Did Reagan’s Crazy Mental Health Policies Cause Today’s Homelessness? – Poverty Insights

No one cut any services.

Actually it is the democrats and the republicans who have cut SS for years.same way the streets are full of the mentally ill ...because well it started with Reagan

Over 30 years ago, when Reagan was elected President in 1980, he discarded a law proposed by his predecessor that would have continued funding federal community mental health centers. This basically eliminated services for people struggling with mental illness.

He made similar decisions while he was the governor of California, releasing more than half of the state’s mental hospital patients and passing a law that abolished involuntary hospitalization of people struggling with mental illness. This started a national trend of de-institutionalization.

Did Reagan’s Crazy Mental Health Policies Cause Today’s Homelessness? – Poverty Insights
Moot point. Fact remains police hands are tied now, child services will do nothing.
Democrats are pure evil.

No one cut any services.

Moot point. Fact remains police hands are tied now, child services will do nothing.
Democrats are pure evil.

And arresting a 15 year old would be better?

but..

So now prosecutors have no leverage. Hell, if the pimp has enough balls it can claim IT's the guardian and try to get the kid back. Without the criminal system as a coutnerweight, it's possible.

You know, I am reading up on this and can really see your point, your concerns are very legit. Gov. Brown is a far left guy..

I need to get a few things done this morning and will be back .

No one cut any services.

Democrats are pure evil.

They still have to bring the child in, just like a run away... The kid will be put in emergency child protective services...

The intent may be noble behind this, but the execution, like most progressive plans, is where the issue is.

California Democrats legalize child prostitution

The unintended but predictable consequence of how the real villains — pimps and other traffickers in human misery — will respond to this new law isn't difficult to foresee. Pimping and pandering will still be against the law whether it involves running adult women or young girls. But legalizing child prostitution will only incentivize the increased exploitation of underage girls. Immunity from arrest means law enforcement can't interfere with minors engaging in prostitution — which translates into bigger and better cash flow for the pimps. Simply put, more time on the street and less time in jail means more money for pimps, and more victims for them to exploit.

As Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O'Malley, a national leader on human trafficking issues, told the media, "It just opens up the door for traffickers to use these kids to commit crimes and exploit them even worse." Another prosecutor insightfully observed that if traffickers wrote legislation to protect themselves, it would read like SB 1322.

Arresting them at least got them off the street, even if for a short amount of time, and gave law enforcement some leverage to try to convince obviously coerced people to rat out their pimps or enablers.

Now that they can't even arrest them, there is little chance of helping them. Now they can't separate the underage prostitutes from their pimps long enough to talk to them. They would be too scared to go to police on their own to report sex trafficking.

This is yet another example of how liberals do not understand human nature. This will ultimately make the problem worse because it gives sex traffickers more control over their victims. As usual, the left didn't think this through and they'll never admit they were wrong when things get worse because of this.

I agree that there are problems with this bill. I agree that it may not help all underage prostitutes.

But I know for sure that the law does not legalize child prostitution, as the OP says. And considering the problems we are having with fake news, the fact that the article simply lied makes it part of another problem. And no one seems interested in solving that problem.

No one cut any services.

Democrats are pure evil.

What's worse, arresting a kid and getting her off the streets and into the hands of people who can help her or leaving her on the streets for the next pervert to do who knows what to her?

I agree that there are problems with this bill. I agree that it may not help all underage prostitutes.

But I know for sure that the law does not legalize child prostitution, as the OP says. And considering the problems we are having with fake news, the fact that the article simply lied makes it part of another problem. And no one seems interested in solving that problem.
The law legalizes child prostitution.

"SB 1322 bars law enforcement from arresting sex workers who are under the age of 18 for soliciting or engaging in prostitution, or loitering with the intent to do so."

No one cut any services.

Democrats are pure evil.

They still have to bring the child in, just like a run away... The kid will be put in emergency child protective services...
Bring her in for what?
SB 1322 bars law enforcement from arresting sex workers who are under the age of 18 for soliciting or engaging in prostitution, or loitering with the intent to do so.

She has to be left on the street.

No one cut any services.

Democrats are pure evil.

What's worse, arresting a kid and getting her off the streets and into the hands of people who can help her or leaving her on the streets for the next pervert to do who knows what to her?

Getting them off the street and into juvie jail is not helping them. Leaving them on the streets will suck, no doubt. But how long does a prostitute get held in jail for a misdemenor?

No one cut any services.

Democrats are pure evil.

Bring her in for what?
SB 1322 bars law enforcement from arresting sex workers who are under the age of 18 for soliciting or engaging in prostitution, or loitering with the intent to do so.

No, they CAN bring them in.

from the bill: "A commercially exploited child under this paragraph may be adjudged a dependent child of the court pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (b) of Section 300 of the Welfare and Institutions Code and may be taken into temporary custody pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 305 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, if the conditions allowing temporary custody without warrant are met."

No one cut any services.

Democrats are pure evil.

Getting them off the street and into juvie jail is not helping them. Leaving them on the streets will suck, no doubt. But how long does a prostitute get held in jail for a misdemenor?
So your solution is just legalize child prostitution and ignore the problem.

You people are all fucked up.

No one cut any services.

Democrats are pure evil.

Bring her in for what?

No, they CAN bring them in.

from the bill: "A commercially exploited child under this paragraph may be adjudged a dependent child of the court pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (b) of Section 300 of the Welfare and Institutions Code and may be taken into temporary custody pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 305 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, if the conditions allowing temporary custody without warrant are met."
"if the conditions allowing temporary custody without warrant are met."
Translation: Unless they are breaking some other law they must be left on the streets.

Forum List

Back