CA democras are disgusting

I agree that there are problems with this bill. I agree that it may not help all underage prostitutes.

But I know for sure that the law does not legalize child prostitution, as the OP says. And considering the problems we are having with fake news, the fact that the article simply lied makes it part of another problem. And no one seems interested in solving that problem.
The law legalizes child prostitution.

"SB 1322 bars law enforcement from arresting sex workers who are under the age of 18 for soliciting or engaging in prostitution, or loitering with the intent to do so."

No, it does not. Child prostitution is not legal. The fact that they no longer arrest the underage victim does not change that. The john and the pimp can still be arrested. It is NOT legal to pay an underage person for sex. Any claims that it is are simply lies.

Actually it is the democrats and the republicans who have cut SS for years.same way the streets are full of the mentally ill ...because well it started with Reagan

Over 30 years ago, when Reagan was elected President in 1980, he discarded a law proposed by his predecessor that would have continued funding federal community mental health centers. This basically eliminated services for people struggling with mental illness.

He made similar decisions while he was the governor of California, releasing more than half of the state’s mental hospital patients and passing a law that abolished involuntary hospitalization of people struggling with mental illness. This started a national trend of de-institutionalization.

Did Reagan’s Crazy Mental Health Policies Cause Today’s Homelessness? – Poverty Insights
Moot point. Fact remains police hands are tied now, child services will do nothing.
Democrats are pure evil.

And arresting a 15 year old would be better?
What's worse, arresting a kid and getting her off the streets and into the hands of people who can help her or leaving her on the streets for the next pervert to do who knows what to her?

Getting them off the street and into juvie jail is not helping them. Leaving them on the streets will suck, no doubt. But how long does a prostitute get held in jail for a misdemenor?
So your solution is just legalize child prostitution and ignore the problem.

You people are all fucked up.

The only thing fucked up is your reading comprehension. No where, in any of my posts, have I suggested making child prostitution legal. I challenge you to show where I did.

The fact that they do not arrest the underage victim does not make child prostitution legal. Claims that it does are simply lies.

I agree that there are problems with this bill. I agree that it may not help all underage prostitutes.

But I know for sure that the law does not legalize child prostitution, as the OP says. And considering the problems we are having with fake news, the fact that the article simply lied makes it part of another problem. And no one seems interested in solving that problem.

"SB 1322 bars law enforcement from arresting sex workers who are under the age of 18 for soliciting or engaging in prostitution, or loitering with the intent to do so."

No, it does not. Child prostitution is not legal. The fact that they no longer arrest the underage victim does not change that. The john and the pimp can still be arrested. It is NOT legal to pay an underage person for sex. Any claims that it is are simply lies.
Any child in California can go out and sell his/her body and not violate any laws.

You are a typical delusional leftist who just makes things worse.

Moot point. Fact remains police hands are tied now, child services will do nothing.
Democrats are pure evil.

What's worse, arresting a kid and getting her off the streets and into the hands of people who can help her or leaving her on the streets for the next pervert to do who knows what to her?

Getting them off the street and into juvie jail is not helping them. Leaving them on the streets will suck, no doubt. But how long does a prostitute get held in jail for a misdemenor?

The only thing fucked up is your reading comprehension. No where, in any of my posts, have I suggested making child prostitution legal. I challenge you to show where I did.

The fact that they do not arrest the underage victim does not make child prostitution legal. Claims that it does are simply lies.
You are one fucked up freak to enjoy children being allowed to sell their bodies.

Actually it is the democrats and the republicans who have cut SS for years.same way the streets are full of the mentally ill ...because well it started with Reagan

Over 30 years ago, when Reagan was elected President in 1980, he discarded a law proposed by his predecessor that would have continued funding federal community mental health centers. This basically eliminated services for people struggling with mental illness.

He made similar decisions while he was the governor of California, releasing more than half of the state’s mental hospital patients and passing a law that abolished involuntary hospitalization of people struggling with mental illness. This started a national trend of de-institutionalization.

Did Reagan’s Crazy Mental Health Policies Cause Today’s Homelessness? – Poverty Insights
Democrats are pure evil.

They still have to bring the child in, just like a run away... The kid will be put in emergency child protective services...
Bring her in for what?
SB 1322 bars law enforcement from arresting sex workers who are under the age of 18 for soliciting or engaging in prostitution, or loitering with the intent to do so.

She has to be left on the street.

No, they CAN bring them in.

from the bill: "A commercially exploited child under this paragraph may be adjudged a dependent child of the court pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (b) of Section 300 of the Welfare and Institutions Code and may be taken into temporary custody pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 305 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, if the conditions allowing temporary custody without warrant are met."
"if the conditions allowing temporary custody without warrant are met."
Translation: Unless they are breaking some other law they must be left on the streets.

"A commercially exploited child under this paragraph may be adjudged a dependent child of the court pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (b) of Section 300 of the Welfare and Institutions Code and may be taken into temporary custody pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 305 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, if the conditions allowing temporary custody without warrant are met."

No mention of breaking another law. The fact that the child can be judged to be in danger is sufficient cause to bring them in.

Any child in California can go out and sell his/her body and not violate any laws.

No, that is not right. They ARE, in fact, violating the law. They are simply not being arrested because of their age.

Democrats are pure evil.

They still have to bring the child in, just like a run away... The kid will be put in emergency child protective services...
Bring her in for what?
SB 1322 bars law enforcement from arresting sex workers who are under the age of 18 for soliciting or engaging in prostitution, or loitering with the intent to do so.

from the bill: "A commercially exploited child under this paragraph may be adjudged a dependent child of the court pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (b) of Section 300 of the Welfare and Institutions Code and may be taken into temporary custody pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 305 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, if the conditions allowing temporary custody without warrant are met."
Translation: Unless they are breaking some other law they must be left on the streets.

"A commercially exploited child under this paragraph may be adjudged a dependent child of the court pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (b) of Section 300 of the Welfare and Institutions Code and may be taken into temporary custody pursuant to subdivision (a) of Section 305 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, if the conditions allowing temporary custody without warrant are met."

No mention of breaking another law. The fact that the child can be judged to be in danger is sufficient cause to bring them in.
Shitforbrains thinks cops can arrest any kid at any time legally.

You are one fucked up freak to enjoy children being allowed to sell their bodies.

If you are going to post what you want, ignore what anyone else says (unless they agree with you), and change what others say (twisting is too mild a word), what is the point of a dialogue? Why don't you just post for everyone and be done with it.

You have repeatedly misstated what I have said, including outright lying about it. I see no point in a discussion with someone that dishonest.

No, that is not right. They ARE, in fact, violating the law. They are simply not being arrested because of their age.
Jerry Brown: "There is no such thing as a child prostitute"

Bring her in for what?

Shitforbrains thinks cops can arrest any kid at any time legally.

Never said anything about an arrest.

Jerry Brown: "There is no such thing as a child prostitute"

Moonbeam is a nutcase.

From the OP link:
Democrat lawmakers in California have stepped forward to make their views of society and the worth they put on the lives of children crystal clear.

And it is ugly. ....The new year in California makes it legal to pimp out children to sexual predators.

It’s ok. They wrapped it up in a bill, to make it nice and formal. That’ll take some of the stigma away.

SB 1322 bars law enforcement from arresting sex workers who are under the age of 18 for soliciting or engaging in prostitution, or loitering with the intent to do so. So teenage girls (and boys) in California will soon be free to have sex in exchange for money without fear of arrest or prosecution.

This terribly destructive legislation was written and passed by the progressive Democrats who control California’s state government with a two-thirds “supermajority.” To their credit, they are sincere in their belief that decriminalizing underage prostitution is good public policy that will help victims of sex trafficking.

God damn that CA senator Leno. I smell his ass behind this. He's the tweaker who authors most of the cult of LGBT legislation that gets immediately rubber stamped for him and his every whim/fantasy.

So I'm sure the real effect here with this Bill is "hey kids, now if you want to sell your body to adults, you don't need to be afraid anymore!" With the net result being more, not less, children going into prostitution if they are on the cusp of making that horrible decision as troubled youth.. Maybe the fear of getting in trouble for it was the thin leash that kept thousands of kids from saying "yes" ultimately to that desperate thought. As poverty climbs and more troubled homes churn out more troubled kids, this will be a veritable buffet for child predators. I can hear the trousers dropping and the champagne corks popping.

Let's see... *looks up who authored SB 1322* Bill Text - SB-1322 Commercial sex acts: minors.

Oh m'gosh! Leno has a ghost writer! Holly J. Mitchell

mitchell2015-logo.jpg

Way to go Holly! The democrats wonder why they lost so big this year. Wonder no more. The answer is staring them right in the face..

hummmm...link to a child can prostitute and not violate a law.. Please

If you are going to post what you want, ignore what anyone else says (unless they agree with you), and change what others say (twisting is too mild a word), what is the point of a dialogue? Why don't you just post for everyone and be done with it.

You have repeatedly misstated what I have said, including outright lying about it. I see no point in a discussion with someone that dishonest.

Yep, I agree...He doesn't want to debate he just wants to be right and ignore the facts given.. waste of time

From the OP link:
Democrat lawmakers in California have stepped forward to make their views of society and the worth they put on the lives of children crystal clear.

And it is ugly. ....The new year in California makes it legal to pimp out children to sexual predators.

It’s ok. They wrapped it up in a bill, to make it nice and formal. That’ll take some of the stigma away.

SB 1322 bars law enforcement from arresting sex workers who are under the age of 18 for soliciting or engaging in prostitution, or loitering with the intent to do so. So teenage girls (and boys) in California will soon be free to have sex in exchange for money without fear of arrest or prosecution.

This terribly destructive legislation was written and passed by the progressive Democrats who control California’s state government with a two-thirds “supermajority.” To their credit, they are sincere in their belief that decriminalizing underage prostitution is good public policy that will help victims of sex trafficking.

God damn that CA senator Leno. I smell his ass behind this. He's the tweaker who authors most of the cult of LGBT legislation that gets immediately rubber stamped for him and his every whim/fantasy.

So I'm sure the real effect here with this Bill is "hey kids, now if you want to sell your body to adults, you don't need to be afraid anymore!" With the net result being more, not less, children going into prostitution if they are on the cusp of making that horrible decision as troubled youth.. Maybe the fear of getting in trouble for it was the thin leash that kept thousands of kids from saying "yes" ultimately to that desperate thought. As poverty climbs and more troubled homes churn out more troubled kids, this will be a veritable buffet for child predators. I can hear the trousers dropping and the champagne corks popping.

Let's see... *looks up who authored SB 1322* Bill Text - SB-1322 Commercial sex acts: minors.

mitchell2015-logo.jpg

Way to go Holly! The democrats wonder why they lost so big this year. Wonder no more. The answer is staring them right in the face..

Ok , now we are getting somewhere..some facts..very interesting

From the OP link:

mitchell2015-logo.jpg

Do the police have this right ? It looks like it.

(g) When a person has violated subdivision (f), a peace officer, if he or she is reasonably able to do so, shall place the person, or cause him or her to be placed, in civil protective custody. The person shall be taken to a facility, designated pursuant to Section 5170 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, for the 72-hour treatment and evaluation of inebriates. A peace officer may place a person in civil protective custody with that kind and degree of force which would be lawful were he or she effecting an arrest for a misdemeanor without a warrant. A person who has been placed in civil protective custody shall not thereafter be subject to any criminal prosecution or juvenile court proceeding based on the facts giving rise to this placement. This subdivision shall not apply to the following persons:

Forum List

Back