CA democras are disgusting

If you didn't have Fake News to dictate your thoughts how would you ever survive?
So you're saying the article is untrue?

The article that says that CA legalized child prostitution? Yep, I am saying it is untrue. In fact, I have already stated that it is an outright lie.

It removes angry bargaining power with the prostitutes, so now they don't have any reason to turn in the pimps......sounds like a great plan......remove leverage from the cops.....nice thinking liberals.

Oh, so you ask one question, get an answer, then argue a completely different point? Interesting tactic.

But the law did NOT, as the article claimed, make child prostitution legal. And that is a huge point that cannot be overlooked.

It removes one bargaining point and allows for another. If the kid wants out, they turn in the pimp (and whatever johns they know) and get into a foster home to start over. And this way they do not have a criminal record that pops up every time they apply for a job or have a background check run.

So basically allow them to keep being victims?

If you didn't have Fake News to dictate your thoughts how would you ever survive?
So you're saying the article is untrue?

The article that says that CA legalized child prostitution? Yep, I am saying it is untrue. In fact, I have already stated that it is an outright lie.

It removes angry bargaining power with the prostitutes, so now they don't have any reason to turn in the pimps......sounds like a great plan......remove leverage from the cops.....nice thinking liberals.

Nothing will change in the charges for the pimps, or ring leaders...it is for the protection of the minor not the adults

yes, it will. Now the only coercion is on the pimps part, not the State's.

A child should never be called a prostitute or a criminal, of coarse CFS ( child and family services} gets involved because they are a minor

Sorry but if a child is selling itself for sex or committing crimes they are a prostitute or a criminal ....welcome to reality

Then people wonder why this nation is overrun with snowflakes

Across the nation, most women and children are held against their will in these sex rings... After a big bust the sex ring offender goes to jail and the child is brought into CFS and are a part of the governments responsibility to help them until they find a home.

If the child wants to do this well of coarse they will find a way to run away, but most are held against their will..

Some have been kidnapped ..
yes, because letting them go is safer than taking them in.

Read My Lips....lol ( who says that? )

They do not let them go...they are in the governments protection ... they are considered victims not a criminal

The ones who want to keep doing it , well you can not force anyone until they are ready...

This is to protect the ones who want help..

Why should a kid be called a prostitute if they were really victims..?

Again in the eyes of the court they will be treated as victims for the right kind of help, not just throw them in juvenile hall.

Actually if you kept it as a criminal act, you COULD help those who don't want help, because they would remain in the system.

So basically abandon the ones who don't want help?

Prosecutors used the charges as leverage to go after the actual criminals, that's just gone POOF.

I worked in a facility where minors were forced into an addiction facility for addiction by the judge... Some will run away , unless it is a locked facility..
Some kids will sit for 30 days and twiddle their thumbs , they are put into a foster home or a group home and run away.. But hopes are on the seeds planted and they stop..

Many realize their mistakes and use the system to recover and go on to healthy life's on their own.

Most of these kids are victims of the sex rings, so they are happy to get help.

human beings, no wonder occupy in Oakland stopped them from doing anything about underage prostitution.....The world would be better off without these sickos.
CA Democrats Usher in 2017 by Making Child Prostitution Legal | RedState

So hopefully people see how these stories are 1/2 truths, twisted around to make a party look bad..I have seen it on both sides of the news..
Sometimes I just put the story into the search engine and see the other sides view...

Have a good day Buckeye..

Sorry but if a child is selling itself for sex or committing crimes they are a prostitute or a criminal ....welcome to reality

Then people wonder why this nation is overrun with snowflakes

Across the nation, most women and children are held against their will in these sex rings... After a big bust the sex ring offender goes to jail and the child is brought into CFS and are a part of the governments responsibility to help them until they find a home.

If the child wants to do this well of coarse they will find a way to run away, but most are held against their will..

They do not let them go...they are in the governments protection ... they are considered victims not a criminal

The ones who want to keep doing it , well you can not force anyone until they are ready...

Again in the eyes of the court they will be treated as victims for the right kind of help, not just throw them in juvenile hall.

Actually if you kept it as a criminal act, you COULD help those who don't want help, because they would remain in the system.

Prosecutors used the charges as leverage to go after the actual criminals, that's just gone POOF.

I worked in a facility where minors were forced into an addiction facility for addiction by the judge... Some will run away , unless it is a locked facility..
Some kids will sit for 30 days and twiddle their thumbs , they are put into a foster home or a group home and run away.. But hopes are on the seeds planted and they stop..

Many realize their mistakes and use the system to recover and go on to healthy life's on their own.

You are arguing about end goals I am not arguing about, and ignoring the change to the method of achieving the end goal.

Prosecutors who have made their bones trying to break these rings up don't like this law. it takes away their leverage.

You are arguing about end goals I am not arguing about, and ignoring the change to the method of achieving the end goal.

Prosecutors who have made their bones trying to break these rings up don't like this law. it takes away their leverage.

It protects pimps and johns......ie suppliers and customers.....and hurts the products...ie kids.

Link please, I doubt that ...

It protects pimps and johns......ie suppliers and customers.....and hurts the products...ie kids.

And a link from you too please....why you ask? because it doesn't exist... :lol:

Sounds like a bill to protect sex traffickers and putting children in harm's way.

Yeah....it's a demoquack law for sure

OMG The Blaze is actually explaining it correctly...:disbelief:

California is not actually legalizing child prostitution

The state of California has not legalized child prostitution, contrary to reports you may have read online recently.

The law, signed by Gov. Jerry Brown (D) in September, does decriminalize prostitution in the case of minors — an important distinction as the law aims to protect children by treating them as victims, not as criminals.

Last edited:

Another lie. What a surprise. It does NOT protect the pimps and johns. They can still be arrested. Why? Because the law did NOT make child prostitution legal.

Sounds like a bill to protect sex traffickers and putting children in harm's way.

Yeah....it's a demoquack law for sure

OMG The Blaze is actually explaining it correctly...:disbelief:

California is not actually legalizing child prostitution

The state of California has not legalized child prostitution, contrary to reports you may have read online recently.

The law, signed by Gov. Jerry Brown (D) in September, does decriminalize prostitution in the case of minors — an important distinction as the law aims to protect children by treating them as victims, not as criminals.

I understood that from the article I linked already. My issue is with the consequences to prosecuting the perpetrators of the rings due to losing leverage on the victims.

Another lie. What a surprise. It does NOT protect the pimps and johns. They can still be arrested. Why? Because the law did NOT make child prostitution legal.

They are fighting it to the end, because they don't want to admit that the RedState link story is One Big Fat Lie......

tenor.gif

Link please, I doubt that ...

i already linked an article saying just that.

here it is again, with the relevant quote

California Democrats legalize child prostitution

As Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O'Malley, a national leader on human trafficking issues, told the media, "It just opens up the door for traffickers to use these kids to commit crimes and exploit them even worse." Another prosecutor insightfully observed that if traffickers wrote legislation to protect themselves, it would read like SB 1322.

Minors involved in prostitution are clearly victims, and allowing our law enforcement officers to pick these minors up and get them away from their pimps and into custody is a dramatically better solution than making it legal for them to sell themselves for sex. That only deepens their victimization and renders law enforcement powerless to stop the cycle of abuse. SB 1322 is not simply misguided — its consequences are immoral.

Anything that makes it harder to prosecute them helps them. Prosecutors have lost leverage on the kids that are picked up. Even if they never intend to prosecute, they had at least the hammer to convince these kids to go against whatever conditioning they had received from the traffickers.

Anything that makes it harder to prosecute them helps them. Prosecutors have lost leverage on the kids that are picked up. Even if they never intend to prosecute, they had at least the hammer to convince these kids to go against whatever conditioning they had received from the traffickers.

You might find this to be a interesting read Marty

http://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1252&context=djglp

please excuse some of the wording

You might find this to be a interesting read Marty

http://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1252&context=djglp

please excuse some of the wording

As I stated in my original response, the intent of this is worthy, however the end result is the loss of leverage over a potentially unwilling victim of a crime.

In the end, the only thing this does is help the trafffickers because now the State can't use leverage to get the kids to name names.

Forum List

Back