CA Governor Brown pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

First of all Tesla’s look like shit, Second of all they sound like shit, third of all no one can afford them, Fourth they are not tested for longevity, Fifth they run off of extremely toxic batteries, six accompany a subsidized by the US government so it makes it extremely worthless.

You don't know what you're talking about. They're built like a brick shithouse and the new 3 starts at 36k (BEFORE incentives). Grab your favorite petrol guzzler and meet me at the track Rufus.

This would be much nicer

As compared to your beautiful rig, right? LOL

Rustic's Ride :)

8001100219_e7c3859317_b.jpg

So, Doc...do you drive a plug-in electric car? If not, why not?

Not at present my friend - but I only put 3,000 miles per year on my truck, which is almost ten years old with less than 30k on it. Don't commute - work out of home office. Everything (including my gym and 90% of my shopping) is within a 2 miles of my home.

Which neatly explains, but does not excuse, your abject lack of understanding for the vast majority of us who have real jobs that require us to commute significant distances to get to them. As a construction worker, I may have to travel up to 80 miles to a jobsite on a daily basis, with my car stuffed with the tools of my trade. I can't exactly ask my employer to bring the construction project closer to my home. I have to go where the work is that needs me to do it.

First of all Tesla’s look like shit, Second of all they sound like shit, third of all no one can afford them, Fourth they are not tested for longevity, Fifth they run off of extremely toxic batteries, six accompany a subsidized by the US government so it makes it extremely worthless.

You don't know what you're talking about. They're built like a brick shithouse and the new 3 starts at 36k (BEFORE incentives). Grab your favorite petrol guzzler and meet me at the track Rufus.

I would like to take a shit in one of them, they would make a good outhouse.

LOL You cannot afford to go into the saleroom, let alone get in one. LOL

Noisy stinky rigs undrivable on the street.

Watch a Tesla Model S P100D set a new world record for a quarter-mile run

Now for most car manufacturers, the Model S P100D would represent an incredible achievement not in need of improvement. But seeing as how Elon Musk is an absolute glutton for raw speed, Tesla over the past few months has made the P100D even more of a speed demon.

Thanks to a recent over the air software update, P100D owners can now take advantage of a new Ludicrous+ Mode that can take the car from 0-60 in just 2.4 seconds. All the more impressive is that Musk relayed via a tweet earlier this month that a 0-60 time of 2.34 seconds might even be possible.

As for the P100D’s quarter mile time, well, that’s been improved upon as well. In fact, DragTimes recently took a few P100D vehicles out for a spin this weekend where they pushed the cars to new heights. Taking to a track at the Palm Beach International Raceway in Florida, DragTimes manged to post an official 1/4 mile time of just 10.72 seconds.

The video below which chronicles the achievement pits a Model S P100D against a 2017 640HP Cadillac CTS-V. When the dust settled, the Model S “set a new world record for the quickest stock 4 door sedan.” As a point of interest, the previous world record stood at 10.76 seconds

And you can cruise the Tesla through the Safeway parking lot without any noise whatsoever and in the comfort of a high end luxury car.

Sweet!! :D

I will put a million dollars on it ....you do know from South Carolina to Las Vegas is over 2,000 miles right?

Yep - put your money on the table. I'll get a good night's sleep and when you roll in the next morning, I'll buy ya brunch as a consolation prize. :D

Supercharger | Tesla

Tesla Supercharging stations charge with up to 145 kW of power distributed between two adjacent cars, with a maximum of 120 kW per car. That is up to 16 times as fast as public charging stations; they take about 20 minutes to charge to 50%, 40 minutes to charge to 80%, and 75 minutes to 100%.Jul 3, 2017

Did you just read what you wrote..?

75 minutes times 7.... over 8 hours ...2,000 plus miles

I can go over 800 miles on a single fill up.
At high speed? What the hell do you have, two 100 gal. tanks?

I will put a million dollars on it ....you do know from South Carolina to Las Vegas is over 2,000 miles right?

Yep - put your money on the table. I'll get a good night's sleep and when you roll in the next morning, I'll buy ya brunch as a consolation prize. :D

Supercharger | Tesla

Tesla Supercharging stations charge with up to 145 kW of power distributed between two adjacent cars, with a maximum of 120 kW per car. That is up to 16 times as fast as public charging stations; they take about 20 minutes to charge to 50%, 40 minutes to charge to 80%, and 75 minutes to 100%.Jul 3, 2017

Did you just read what you wrote..?

75 minutes times 7.... over 8 hours ...2,000 plus miles

I can go over 800 miles on a single fill up.
At high speed? What the hell do you have, two 100 gal. tanks?

So now we going to break the speed limit? Then I would beat you by three days while you sit in a redneck jail in Alabama.

This is sure to anger Trumpflakes :)

Gov. Jerry Brown outlined a $2.5 billion plan Friday to help Californians buy electric vehicles and expand a network of charging stations as part of a goal of getting 5 million zero-emission cars on the road by 2030.

The ambitious proposal to transform California's car culture comes as Brown begins his final year in office and works to set the stage for his environmental legacy to continue under his successor. The Democratic governor has positioned California as a global leader in fighting climate change amid President Donald Trump's decision to pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate accord.​

California governor pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

No thanks

View attachment 173682
Unable to make a serious comment, so you post a stupid cartoon? The Tesla 3 will run off and hide from anything that you own. And do it on a quarter of the cost of your gasoline.
Lol
Well you keep your tesla then, the rest of us want nothing to do with those pieces of shit
Really? Is that why Tesla has over 600,000 pre-orders for the Tesla 3? Why people were lining up around the block to put their money down on a Tesla 3 when it was anounced they were taking orders? When was the last time that happened on the announcement of a new car model?

Any of these will be better than a stinking Tesla, like I said you can keep your teslas don’t expect anyone else to like them... lol

It also good to pay attention to the title of your thread. “Zero emission cars”!

Right - so you understand that these charging stations will go in with solar panels yes?
Funny thing electric cars Are run by toxic batteries... lol
Funny, ICE engines emit all kinds of toxic gases, have toxic lead-acid batteries in them, and toxic oil in the crankcase. The batteries in EV's are sealed and can be re-cycled. You 'Conservatives' are so damned stupid in use arguements that invalidate your own points.
Those toxic ingredients to the batteries have to be mined, As do the rest of the materials for solar and wind and other renewables. You just lost the argument
The materials for the gas wells, gas generators, coal generators, and mining equipment have to be mined. Then you have to keep right on mining to generate electricity. Where, with solar and wind, the mining is done when the panels or mills are put up. Just a grid needed from that point. No pipelines, or rail lines needed. And you are fucking stupid enough to think you ever had an argument.
Like I said you can keep your renewables, just don’t expect anyone else to want them. All in good time they just are not ready for prime time yet, there is no hurry. You sound like a fucking energy Nazi... lol

So, Doc...do you drive a plug-in electric car? If not, why not?

Not at present my friend - but I only put 3,000 miles per year on my truck, which is almost ten years old with less than 30k on it. Don't commute - work out of home office. Everything (including my gym and 90% of my shopping) is within a 2 miles of my home.

Which neatly explains, but does not excuse, your abject lack of understanding for the vast majority of us who have real jobs that require us to commute significant distances to get to them. As a construction worker, I may have to travel up to 80 miles to a jobsite on a daily basis, with my car stuffed with the tools of my trade. I can't exactly ask my employer to bring the construction project closer to my home. I have to go where the work is that needs me to do it.
OK. 80 twice is 160, well within any of the Tesla's range. However, as evidenced by the 500 mile range of the semi and the 620 mile range of the Roadster, the range of the EV's, of all brands, will be vastly improved in five years.

My 92 chevy dually has two tanks , from South Carolina to Las Vegas I would be there a day already before you check in driving a telsa clown.

Wanna put a few grand on that my furry friend? :D

Longest Range Electric Car = Tesla Model S 100D (335 Miles!) | CleanTechnica

Music to the ears, and the smell of roses... lol

Now for most car manufacturers, the Model S P100D would represent an incredible achievement not in need of improvement. But seeing as how Elon Musk is an absolute glutton for raw speed, Tesla over the past few months has made the P100D even more of a speed demon.

Thanks to a recent over the air software update, P100D owners can now take advantage of a new Ludicrous+ Mode that can take the car from 0-60 in just 2.4 seconds. All the more impressive is that Musk relayed via a tweet earlier this month that a 0-60 time of 2.34 seconds might even be possible.

As for the P100D’s quarter mile time, well, that’s been improved upon as well. In fact, DragTimes recently took a few P100D vehicles out for a spin this weekend where they pushed the cars to new heights. Taking to a track at the Palm Beach International Raceway in Florida, DragTimes manged to post an official 1/4 mile time of just 10.72 seconds.

The video below which chronicles the achievement pits a Model S P100D against a 2017 640HP Cadillac CTS-V. When the dust settled, the Model S “set a new world record for the quickest stock 4 door sedan.” As a point of interest, the previous world record stood at 10.76 seconds

And you can cruise the Tesla through the Safeway parking lot without any noise whatsoever and in the comfort of a high end luxury car.

I don’t want to drive through the Walmart or Safeway parking lot quietly, I much rather have a grand Cherokee or I can go off-road and it doesn’t sound like a fucking wind up car

This is sure to anger Trumpflakes :)

Gov. Jerry Brown outlined a $2.5 billion plan Friday to help Californians buy electric vehicles and expand a network of charging stations as part of a goal of getting 5 million zero-emission cars on the road by 2030.

The ambitious proposal to transform California's car culture comes as Brown begins his final year in office and works to set the stage for his environmental legacy to continue under his successor. The Democratic governor has positioned California as a global leader in fighting climate change amid President Donald Trump's decision to pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate accord.​

California governor pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

No thanks

View attachment 173682
Unable to make a serious comment, so you post a stupid cartoon? The Tesla 3 will run off and hide from anything that you own. And do it on a quarter of the cost of your gasoline.
Lol
Well you keep your tesla then, the rest of us want nothing to do with those pieces of shit
Really? Is that why Tesla has over 600,000 pre-orders for the Tesla 3? Why people were lining up around the block to put their money down on a Tesla 3 when it was anounced they were taking orders? When was the last time that happened on the announcement of a new car model?
Like I said you can keep your Tesla, don’t expect anyone else to want one. They look like shit they sound like shit so another words they are shit subsidized by the federal government

Right - so you understand that these charging stations will go in with solar panels yes?
Funny, ICE engines emit all kinds of toxic gases, have toxic lead-acid batteries in them, and toxic oil in the crankcase. The batteries in EV's are sealed and can be re-cycled. You 'Conservatives' are so damned stupid in use arguements that invalidate your own points.
Those toxic ingredients to the batteries have to be mined, As do the rest of the materials for solar and wind and other renewables. You just lost the argument
The materials for the gas wells, gas generators, coal generators, and mining equipment have to be mined. Then you have to keep right on mining to generate electricity. Where, with solar and wind, the mining is done when the panels or mills are put up. Just a grid needed from that point. No pipelines, or rail lines needed. And you are fucking stupid enough to think you ever had an argument.
Like I said you can keep your renewables, just don’t expect anyone else to want them. All in good time they just are not ready for prime time yet, there is no hurry. You sound like a fucking energy Nazi... lol
Over 100,000 high end Tesla's sold this year, 600,000 Tesla 3's on order. The Founder's series of the Roadster already sold out, and at least 400 Tesla Semi's ordered. Sounds like a lot of somebodies want Tesla's. And they are putting their money where their mouth is. Hell, some people road only horses right up to the time of WW2. If you want to drive your ICE until you croak, I don't care. Just make sure you can meet all the pollution laws.

My 92 chevy dually has two tanks , from South Carolina to Las Vegas I would be there a day already before you check in driving a telsa clown.

I don’t want to drive through the Walmart or Safeway parking lot quietly, I much rather have a grand Cherokee or I can go off-road and it doesn’t sound like a fucking wind up car

And if the damned thing is too noisy, in goes your license number to the police. LOL

It also good to pay attention to the title of your thread. “Zero emission cars”!

Do you understand how many solar panels it would take, and how much area they would have to cover, to produce enough power to charge an electric car at a rate that would come anywhere close to being comparable to the rate at which gasoline can be pumped into a conventional car?

Over 100,000 high end Tesla's sold this year, 600,000 Tesla 3's on order. The Founder's series of the Roadster already sold out, and at least 400 Tesla Semi's ordered. Sounds like a lot of somebodies want Tesla's. And they are putting their money where their mouth is. Hell, some people road only horses right up to the time of WW2. If you want to drive your ICE until you croak, I don't care. Just make sure you can meet all the pollution laws.

The pollution laws you fucks change and why are electric cars not paying road tax yet?

Freeloaders

And if the damned thing is too noisy, in goes your license number to the police. LOL

Not in the south

A Tesla 3 with 310 mile range would more than suite your needs.

And the rear door gull wings would be a stylish way to retrieve your tools!

tesla-model-x.jpg

Forum List

Back