CA Governor Brown pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

California. 7th largest economy in the world. Silicon valley. Feeds much of the rest of the USA. And the 'Conservatives' think that is failure. LOL

The old south is the 3rd largest economy in the world, so your point being?
How about a link? Or is that another 'stinky fact' pulled straight from your ass?

GOP Poop Nugget - they can't pull em out fast enough ;)

poopnugget3.jpg

poopnugget4.jpg

Dumb ass, California has provided much of the money to build the wind mills East of the Colombia Gorge. And provided Oregon and Washington's wheat farmers with income. Oregon has vast potential in the Southeast area of the state for wind and solar, all it needs is a grid from the Idaho border to the California border.

Daughter and I drove from Boise to Cannon Beach, OR last year and I was stunned by the number of mills along the CR gorge. Miles upon MILES of 'em that didn't exist when I lived in Portland. Had no idea CA was involved in that project!
Wind energy is newer, and it’s been developed largely in response to renewable energy mandates in California, Oregon and Washington. Wind is the cheapest and quickest renewable energy source to develop, said Shimshak. And California, with the highest renewable energy goal in the country, has bought about half the wind energy developed in Oregon since 1998. The world’s largest wind farm is being built in Oregon, but all its power under contract to go to California.

Why Oregon imports power from fossil fuels and exports renewable energy

Oregon has a vast potential for renewable energy in mid and Southern Oregon. All it needs is a grid. This is the same problem that Wyoming and the other northern tier states have. This would be a good project for the Federal Government on the model of the Interstate Highway system. By the time that the system was complete, the grid scale batteries will be cheap enough to make our grid nearly 100% renewable.

I will put a million dollars on it ....you do know from South Carolina to Las Vegas is over 2,000 miles right?

Yep - put your money on the table. I'll get a good night's sleep and when you roll in the next morning, I'll buy ya brunch as a consolation prize. :D

Supercharger | Tesla

Tesla Supercharging stations charge with up to 145 kW of power distributed between two adjacent cars, with a maximum of 120 kW per car. That is up to 16 times as fast as public charging stations; they take about 20 minutes to charge to 50%, 40 minutes to charge to 80%, and 75 minutes to 100%.Jul 3, 2017

PS: I might be able to average 150 MPH with a radar. Bet your bucket-o-bolts tops out at 90 :cool-45:

Last edited:
I will put a million dollars on it ....you do know from South Carolina to Las Vegas is over 2,000 miles right?

Yep - put your money on the table. I'll get a good night's sleep and when you roll in the next morning, I'll buy ya brunch as a consolation prize. :D

Supercharger | Tesla

Tesla Supercharging stations charge with up to 145 kW of power distributed between two adjacent cars, with a maximum of 120 kW per car. That is up to 16 times as fast as public charging stations; they take about 20 minutes to charge to 50%, 40 minutes to charge to 80%, and 75 minutes to 100%.Jul 3, 2017

Did you just read what you wrote..?

75 minutes times 7.... over 8 hours ...2,000 plus miles

I can go over 800 miles on a single fill up.

Supercharger | Tesla

Did you just read what you wrote..?

75 minutes times 7.... over 8 hours ...2,000 plus miles

I can go over 800 miles on a single fill up.

Read what I wrote again and check the link

I added this:

PS: I might be able to average 150 MPH with a radar. Bet your bucket-o-bolts tops out at 90 :cool:

there is a chemical reaction in the batteries that emits gases...that breaks the zero emission idea..

Okay fair enuf - however not much of a comparison

Gasoline vs Electric—Who Wins on Lifetime Global Warming Emissions? We Found Out
I don’t give a shit keep that shit to yourselves, good ol’ American horse power works just fine for me.
:dance:
You mean those slow ass antique ICE's? Tesla P100D 2.28 seconds 0 to 60.

2017 Tesla Model S P100D First Test: A New Record - 0-60 MPH in 2.28 Seconds! - Motor Trend

The only cars that can match it start out at about 1 million dollars. Porche, MaClaren, and Ferrari. And then there is the Roadster coming out in 2020. 1.9 seconds 0 to 60. And none of those can match that yet. But they will, Ferrari has already said that they will build a car that can beat that. Probably for about a million dollars versus the built in American Roadster that will have a base model that sells for 1/4 that. No specs on the performance of the upscale model. Oh yeah, 620 miles range.
First of all Tesla’s look like shit, Second of all they sound like shit, third of all no one can afford them, Fourth they are not tested for longevity, Fifth they run off of extremely toxic batteries, six the company is subsidized by the US government beyond the pale, so it makes it extremely worthless.

Last edited:
It also good to pay attention to the title of your thread. “Zero emission cars”!

Right - so you understand that these charging stations will go in with solar panels yes?
Funny thing electric cars Are run by toxic batteries... lol
Funny, ICE engines emit all kinds of toxic gases, have toxic lead-acid batteries in them, and toxic oil in the crankcase. The batteries in EV's are sealed and can be re-cycled. You 'Conservatives' are so damned stupid in use arguements that invalidate your own points.
Those toxic ingredients to the batteries have to be mined, As do the rest of the materials for solar and wind and other renewables. You just lost the argument

So, Doc...do you drive a plug-in electric car? If not, why not?

Not at present my friend - but I only put 3,000 miles per year on my truck, which is almost ten years old with less than 30k on it. Don't commute - work out of home office. Everything (including my gym and 90% of my shopping) is within a 2 miles of my home.

But when I buy another car it'll be this one.

ext

I see an asshole doing that, and his license number will immediatly go to the police. Also to the DEQ. And should a child with asthma have an attack over that idiocy, the asshole could very well end up losing everything he has worked for. And that would please me to no end.

Cry me river...
Renewables will come along a good time there is no hurry, I’m an all of the above type of person. You keep your renewables do yourselves and will leave the rest of us out of it. LOL

California. 7th largest economy in the world. Silicon valley. Feeds much of the rest of the USA. And the 'Conservatives' think that is failure. LOL

The old south is the 3rd largest economy in the world, so your point being?
How about a link? Or is that another 'stinky fact' pulled straight from your ass?

It's obvious fruit loop and wait I need a link but you dont?
SACRAMENTO (CBS / AP) — California can claim the title as the seventh-largest world economy after recovering from a drop in output following the 2008 financial crisis.

New figures released Wednesday by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis show the state’s gross domestic product surpassed Brazil’s in 2014, reaching $2.3 trillion.

California Bounces Back As World’s 7th Largest Economy, Larger Than Brazil

Your turn.

This is sure to anger Trumpflakes :)

Gov. Jerry Brown outlined a $2.5 billion plan Friday to help Californians buy electric vehicles and expand a network of charging stations as part of a goal of getting 5 million zero-emission cars on the road by 2030.

The ambitious proposal to transform California's car culture comes as Brown begins his final year in office and works to set the stage for his environmental legacy to continue under his successor. The Democratic governor has positioned California as a global leader in fighting climate change amid President Donald Trump's decision to pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate accord.​

California governor pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

CA Governor Brown pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

No thanks

View attachment 173682
Unable to make a serious comment, so you post a stupid cartoon? The Tesla 3 will run off and hide from anything that you own. And do it on a quarter of the cost of your gasoline.
Lol
Well you keep your tesla then, the rest of us want nothing to do with those pieces of shit

First of all Tesla’s look like shit, Second of all they sound like shit, third of all no one can afford them, Fourth they are not tested for longevity, Fifth they run off of extremely toxic batteries, six accompany a subsidized by the US government so it makes it extremely worthless.

You don't know what you're talking about. They're built like a brick shithouse and the new 3 starts at 36k (BEFORE incentives). Grab your favorite petrol guzzler and meet me at the track Rufus.

It also good to pay attention to the title of your thread. “Zero emission cars”!

Right - so you understand that these charging stations will go in with solar panels yes?
Funny thing electric cars Are run by toxic batteries... lol
Funny, ICE engines emit all kinds of toxic gases, have toxic lead-acid batteries in them, and toxic oil in the crankcase. The batteries in EV's are sealed and can be re-cycled. You 'Conservatives' are so damned stupid in use arguements that invalidate your own points.
Those toxic ingredients to the batteries have to be mined, As do the rest of the materials for solar and wind and other renewables. You just lost the argument
The materials for the gas wells, gas generators, coal generators, and mining equipment have to be mined. Then you have to keep right on mining to generate electricity. Where, with solar and wind, the mining is done when the panels or mills are put up. Just a grid needed from that point. No pipelines, or rail lines needed. And you are fucking stupid enough to think you ever had an argument.

First of all Tesla’s look like shit, Second of all they sound like shit, third of all no one can afford them, Fourth they are not tested for longevity, Fifth they run off of extremely toxic batteries, six accompany a subsidized by the US government so it makes it extremely worthless.

You don't know what you're talking about. They're built like a brick shithouse and the new 3 starts at 36k (BEFORE incentives). Grab your favorite petrol guzzler and meet me at the track Rufus.

I would like to take a shit in one of them, they would make a good outhouse.

My 92 chevy dually has two tanks , from South Carolina to Las Vegas I would be there a day already before you check in driving a telsa clown.

Wanna put a few grand on that my furry friend? :D

Longest Range Electric Car = Tesla Model S 100D (335 Miles!) | CleanTechnica

Music to the ears, and the smell of roses... lol

Noisy stinky rigs undrivable on the street.

Watch a Tesla Model S P100D set a new world record for a quarter-mile run

Now for most car manufacturers, the Model S P100D would represent an incredible achievement not in need of improvement. But seeing as how Elon Musk is an absolute glutton for raw speed, Tesla over the past few months has made the P100D even more of a speed demon.

Thanks to a recent over the air software update, P100D owners can now take advantage of a new Ludicrous+ Mode that can take the car from 0-60 in just 2.4 seconds. All the more impressive is that Musk relayed via a tweet earlier this month that a 0-60 time of 2.34 seconds might even be possible.

As for the P100D’s quarter mile time, well, that’s been improved upon as well. In fact, DragTimes recently took a few P100D vehicles out for a spin this weekend where they pushed the cars to new heights. Taking to a track at the Palm Beach International Raceway in Florida, DragTimes manged to post an official 1/4 mile time of just 10.72 seconds.

The video below which chronicles the achievement pits a Model S P100D against a 2017 640HP Cadillac CTS-V. When the dust settled, the Model S “set a new world record for the quickest stock 4 door sedan.” As a point of interest, the previous world record stood at 10.76 seconds

And you can cruise the Tesla through the Safeway parking lot without any noise whatsoever and in the comfort of a high end luxury car.

Forum List

Back