CA Governor Brown pushes for 5 million zero-emission cars

It also good to pay attention to the title of your thread. “Zero emission cars”!

Right - so you understand that these charging stations will go in with solar panels yes?

Do you understand how many solar panels it would take, and how much area they would have to cover, to produce enough power to charge an electric car at a rate that would come anywhere close to being comparable to the rate at which gasoline can be pumped into a conventional car?
Except when you are traveling, why would this be an issue? You charge it up at night when you are doing other things. As far as that goes, bet this won't be an issue in five years.
Let renewables mature into a viable energy source, there is no hurry.

2015???? $50 bucks??

Boy you suck at debating you know that right..

Oh okay - here's something newer

Updated: 17 States Now Charge Fees for Electric Vehicles

WHO sucks at debating?

From your link a lousy $100 bucks a year starting in 2020? Yea you suck at debating and math ..

Do you know how much the state and federal taxes are on a gallon of gasoline ?

The California infrastructure plan passed in April raised the gas tax for the first time in 23 years, bringing the base tax to $0.30. It also imposed an annual $100 fee on electric vehicles starting in 2020. The deal is expected to raise $5.2 billion annually to fund roads, bridges, highways and mass transit projects
See how much smarter it is to have an EV? LOL

There is not going to be any pollution laws in red states you stupid fucker

There are federal air quality regulations - Can't legally roll coal anywhere Jethro

Is rolling coal legal in Georgia?
Na, Up here in the northern plains states no one cares. They are not a bunch of fucking control freak Nazis like yourself.
I am in that area about every three years. Do it to me, and you will find yourself in trouble, one way or another. That is definitely an offensive act, and should be treated as a form of physical assault.
Na, I see it all the time and no one gives a shit about petty shit like that. Only some fucking cowardly control freak would care… Are you one?

Not half as much as it will anger the poor Californians who suffer under Uncle Jerry's plans. For one thing, California doesn't have 2.5 billion to blow on this, second, there is no such thing as a zero emission car. Even electric cars have a carbon footprint from both the generation of the electricity they need to run to their very manufacturer. So in the end, just one more step pushing California closer to the brink of collapse and the formation of a split-away New California, free of the delusions of grandeur of their idiot governor. Go, Jerry, GO!

Ahem

Gov. Jerry Brown proposes $131.7 billion budget amid huge surplus

2015???? $50 bucks??

WHO sucks at debating?

From your link a lousy $100 bucks a year starting in 2020? Yea you suck at debating and math ..

The California infrastructure plan passed in April raised the gas tax for the first time in 23 years, bringing the base tax to $0.30. It also imposed an annual $100 fee on electric vehicles starting in 2020. The deal is expected to raise $5.2 billion annually to fund roads, bridges, highways and mass transit projects

This reminds me my AFX car when I was a kid can go faster.

2015???? $50 bucks??

WHO sucks at debating?

LOL So that nonsense is the best you can do. LOL An American car, leading the world in technology, built in America by American workers, and you cannot stand that. LOL

Like I said you can keep your teslas and your renewables, no one gives a shit. Just don’t try to force that shit on other people. There is nothing that sounds good as an American muscle car…

2015???? $50 bucks??

WHO sucks at debating?

LOL So that nonsense is the best you can do. LOL An American car, leading the world in technology, built in America by American workers, and you cannot stand that. LOL
Teslas are subsidized by the federal government, And they are not American.

Not half as much as it will anger the poor Californians who suffer under Uncle Jerry's plans. For one thing, California doesn't have 2.5 billion to blow on this, second, there is no such thing as a zero emission car. Even electric cars have a carbon footprint from both the generation of the electricity they need to run to their very manufacturer. So in the end, just one more step pushing California closer to the brink of collapse and the formation of a split-away New California, free of the delusions of grandeur of their idiot governor. Go, Jerry, GO!

Ahem

Gov. Jerry Brown proposes $131.7 billion budget amid huge surplus
But the asshole 'Conservatives' will still continue to lie about it. Like the treasonous fat senile old orange clown, that is just what they do.

Except when you are traveling, why would this be an issue? You charge it up at night when you are doing other things. As far as that goes, bet this won't be an issue in five years.

We just found Bob the perfect car for his job - and for 36k BEFORE incentives! :)

Like the roofs of the charging stations are the only roofs in town? I imagine Musk is already working out deals with warehouses and utilities to use those roofs to provide electricity to his charging stations.

I've been employed for most of the past year installing solar power systems on rooftops of stores and warehouses and such. They don't provide enough power to completely meet the needs of the buildings on which they are installed. They are grid-tie systems, wherein the building still gets power from the utility as well as from their own solar power systems, with the net result being that they buy a lot less power from the utilities. In theory, if they generated more power than they needed, they could sell the excess to the utility, but it is my understanding that that is not expected to happen.

So how's it that you expect that a warehouse or other business is going to have a solar power system installed on its roof, just to give that power to something else, while it continues to pay full price to the utility for all the power to meet its own needs?

WHO sucks at debating?

The Tesla Model S is about 75% American-made, largely because it was dependent on the Panasonic “18650” cells made in Japan. However, because it uses the “2170” cells made in the Nevada GigaFactory, the Model 3 with expected to be close to 95% American-made. The Model S and Model X are expected to transition to the 2170 cells by the end of the year, so I sold expect their content scores to get a bump.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Tesla-the-most-American-made-car

As the S and X switch to the batteries made in Nevada, they, and the rest of the Tesla products, will become about 95% American made. Why are you such a liar?

Like the roofs of the charging stations are the only roofs in town? I imagine Musk is already working out deals with warehouses and utilities to use those roofs to provide electricity to his charging stations.

I've been employed for most of the past year installing solar power systems on rooftops of stores and warehouses and such. They don't provide enough power to completely meet the needs of the buildings on which they are installed. They are grid-tie systems, wherein the building still gets power from the utility as well as from their own solar power systems, with the net result being that they buy a lot less power from the utilities. In theory, if they generated more power than they needed, they could sell the excess to the utility, but it is my understanding that that is not expected to happen.

So how's it that you expect that a warehouse or other business is going to have a solar power system installed on its roof, just to give that power to something else, while it continues to pay full price to the utility for all the power to meet its own needs?
Renewables or not mature enough yet to supply Americas energy needs they are decades away from being that. There is no hurry when the time comes ~ drill baby drill.

HMMM - part of it depends on where you are. The northern states I could see that, but here's some interesting reading.

Ten Companies Using 100% Renewable Power
Elon Musk: 100 Tesla Gigafactories Could Power the Entire World
Tesla will power its Gigafactory with a 70-megawatt solar farm
Sun and sustainability: our factories run on 100% renewable electricity

The Tesla Model S is about 75% American-made, largely because it was dependent on the Panasonic “18650” cells made in Japan. However, because it uses the “2170” cells made in the Nevada GigaFactory, the Model 3 with expected to be close to 95% American-made. The Model S and Model X are expected to transition to the 2170 cells by the end of the year, so I sold expect their content scores to get a bump.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Tesla-the-most-American-made-car

As the S and X switch to the batteries made in Nevada, they, and the rest of the Tesla products, will become about 95% American made. Why are you such a liar?
They are subsidized by the federal government so that makes them very un-American

Forum List

Back