Cain: 'If You Don't Have A Job And You're Not Rich, Blame Yourself'

No offense to you but you have no clue on investing.
Investors pay capital gains tax. They are currently 15%.
Obama wants to make it 30%.
Double.

Your "right wing propaganda" argument is old and washed up.
Not all investors are "right wing".
So why will folks want to risk their capital if the taxes will double?
Economics 101: You get more of what you reward and less of what you punish.
Taxes are punishment on investing.
Single biggest reason foreign earnings ARE NOT brought home.

He does?

To 20%, not double but a 33% increase.
A 33 % increase in taxes on investing in a bad market.
And you like that and believe that is good for the economy?

So....were you talking out of your ass the first time around? Or...were you mistaken?

When will Americans wake the hell up, open their eyes and accept reality.
We live in capitalism. That is our system.
Capitalism requires capital. WELL DUH.
People provide capital.
Those people are investors. Investors want to make $$. If not, why would they invest their $$?
When investors quit investing because of worries about making $$ the economy tanks.
Investors are now worried about making $$ so they have quit investing.
The single largest factor in my businesses that affects whether or not I will invest capital is uncertainity in the tax field. Obama has caused that uncertainty. He is not pro business.
Hey, I like the guy and admire his personal achievements in life. No offense to anyone. Not his fault that he entered office at a time when we needed leadership in economics and capitalism FIRST and foremost.
He ain't the guy for that.

You have not invested capital because why? Because taxes have not been raised by Obama? I call bullshit.

You do not have a clue either.
I HAVE CAPITAL INVESTED before Obama took office. With the uncertainty in the capital gains tax rates because Obama wants to raise ALL TAXES, only a dumbass invests when there is tax uncertainty.
Go ahead and invest your entire wad Moe. Otherwise, I call bullshit.
Why invest a nickel when the tax rate is UNCERTAIN?
You do know that taxes are a large expense to investors and businesses?
You do know that decisions on investing are always made with EXPENSES in mind?
You do know that NET PROFIT, not gross profit is what matters?
Tell us what happens to net profits when taxes go up:
A. The profits go up drastically.
B. The profits go down drastically.
Which is it?

Uncertainty is a certainty in business. It is a talking point. It holds no water.

Herman Cain, the new darling of the right, seems to think that the big banks and Wall St are beyond reproach when it comes to the poor economy and lack of jobs in the US. He also has a wild conspiracy theory that the Occupy Wall St protests are being staged by the left to draw attention away from Obama. On top of calling gays 'godless' in 2004, this latest gust of wind from the pizzaman-turned-presidential-candidate ought to solidify his standing among the far-right. Unfortunately, most Americans don't share his opinion that the big banks are good guys (not that he'll get the nomination).

Herman Cain On Occupy Wall Street: 'If You Don't Have A Job And You're Not Rich, Blame Yourself' (VIDEO)

Asked by the Journal's Alan Murray about his thoughts on the demonstrations, which initially began in New York City and have since spread around the country, Cain responded:

"I don't have facts to back this up, but I happen to believe that these demonstrations are planned and orchestrated to distract from the failed policies of the Obama administration. Don't blame Wall Street, don't blame the big banks, if you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself! ... It is not a person's fault if they succeeded, it is a person's fault if they failed."

Cain went on to admit that the banks had something to do with the economic crisis of 2008, but pointed out that it was now 2011, seemingly downplaying any lasting effects of the practices of big banks and Wall Street.

God....I love the idea of Cain running against Obama

We all do realize that taxes are only a percentage of profit and that until it hit's 100%, the incentive to invest still exists, esp with low interest rates.

Whether I make a dollar on 100 or I make a dime on 100, it beats making 0, so I'm gonna chase what I can.

Let's just call Herman Cain what he is. He is no Super Hero or Lackluster Flip flopper. He is a man who had a decent upbringing and had a value system in place that included hard work was rewarded with success.

It's just that simple. He's no great orator, he's said some things wrong and will continue to do so. The media will catch them and those who would like to see him fail will make threads about him and others who would like to see him become president will make excuses for the flubs.

He's human. Let's try not to exaggerate either way.

Right now, I am in his camp, but that could change if I find out more that sways me to someone else. Let us be fair to all who are running, including the president.

He is a man who had a decent upbringing and had a value system in place that included hard work was rewarded with success.

Too bad those values have been up-ended.

He is a man who had a decent upbringing and had a value system in place that included hard work was rewarded with success.

Too bad those values have been up-ended.

That's the problem when a hard working man joins a political party under the delusion that everyone in America has or should have an annuity to fall back on when one's finances go belly-up.

People provide capital.
Those people are investors. Investors want to make $$. If not, why would they invest their $$?
When investors quit investing because of worries about making $$ the economy tanks.
The single largest factor in my businesses that affects whether or not I will invest capital is uncertainity in the tax field. Obama has caused that uncertainty. He is not pro business.
Hey, I like the guy and admire his personal achievements in life. No offense to anyone. Not his fault that he entered office at a time when we needed leadership in economics and capitalism FIRST and foremost.

That is nonsensical because no potential investor in their right mind is going to refrain from putting money into a business operation with an expectation of profit simply because the top rate on some of that profit might be 39% instead of 35%.

PLUS, with the no tax increase GOP Congress in power, there is no uncertainty about tax increases, unless you think they're lying...

...so, contrary to rightwing propaganda, taxes are not the reason businesses aren't expanding and hiring.

They are not expanding and hiring because they don't believe there is enough consumer demand for good and services that can justify expansion.

Double.

So you're claiming that it is UNCERTAIN whether or not the capital gains tax will go from 15 to 30 percent?

How is that UNCERTAIN? For that to be UNCERTAIN, there would have to be a chance that the Republican House would vote for that.

PLEASE, tell us all what the basis is for the chance of that happening.

And do so in detail.

People provide capital.

You have not invested capital because why? Because taxes have not been raised by Obama? I call bullshit.

I HAVE CAPITAL INVESTED before Obama took office. With the uncertainty in the capital gains tax rates because Obama wants to raise ALL TAXES, only a dumbass invests when there is tax uncertainty.
Which is it?

No business in this country is foregoing increasing their profits on the faint chance that the tax on that profit might go up by a few percentage points.

No one passes up the chance to make an extra $100,000 because they might pay 39% of it in taxes instead of 35%.

Herman Cain, the new darling of the right, seems to think that the big banks and Wall St are beyond reproach when it comes to the poor economy and lack of jobs in the US. He also has a wild conspiracy theory that the Occupy Wall St protests are being staged by the left to draw attention away from Obama. On top of calling gays 'godless' in 2004, this latest gust of wind from the pizzaman-turned-presidential-candidate ought to solidify his standing among the far-right. Unfortunately, most Americans don't share his opinion that the big banks are good guys (not that he'll get the nomination).

Herman Cain On Occupy Wall Street: 'If You Don't Have A Job And You're Not Rich, Blame Yourself' (VIDEO)

Asked by the Journal's Alan Murray about his thoughts on the demonstrations, which initially began in New York City and have since spread around the country, Cain responded:

"I don't have facts to back this up, but I happen to believe that these demonstrations are planned and orchestrated to distract from the failed policies of the Obama administration. Don't blame Wall Street, don't blame the big banks, if you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself! ... It is not a person's fault if they succeeded, it is a person's fault if they failed."

Cain went on to admit that the banks had something to do with the economic crisis of 2008, but pointed out that it was now 2011, seemingly downplaying any lasting effects of the practices of big banks and Wall Street.

Same here man, same here!

Such a stark contrast between the two, one is an academic and the other is a business man.

One says america is great for what it always has been the other says we need fundamental change.

One says its the govt's job to ensure your happiness the other says that we are responsible for our own happiness.

One provides speeches and platitudes the other makes statements and presents measurable plans.

Its almost like Cain is a bill cosby while Obama is an al sharpton

People provide capital.

That is nonsensical because no potential investor in their right mind is going to refrain from putting money into a business operation with an expectation of profit simply because the top rate on some of that profit might be 39% instead of 35%.

PLUS, with the no tax increase GOP Congress in power, there is no uncertainty about tax increases, unless you think they're lying...

...so, contrary to rightwing propaganda, taxes are not the reason businesses aren't expanding and hiring.

They are not expanding and hiring because they don't believe there is enough consumer demand for good and services that can justify expansion.

Double.

Then why did the stock market FALL over the 8 years of the Bush administration, and is up almost 50% since Obama took office?

Which is it?

No business in this country is foregoing increasing their profits on the faint chance that the tax on that profit might go up by a few percentage points.

No one passes up the chance to make an extra $100,000 because they might pay 39% of it in taxes instead of 35%.

Again, you are citing personal tax rates yet double talking adding in corporations.
No comparison.
Your last sentence assumes that every cent invested makes a profit. Again, respectfully, laughable.

Which is it?

No, no one does. But those opportunities are not there, but additional regulatory burdens are.

When your done being a little pussy maybe you could expand.

Since you like debate you could explain being a pussy. I sent wo shots across your bow yesterday. The first you suddenly toned down the rhetoric. The second you back pedaled. I commented immediately afterwards but you turned into a pussy and ran.......................

Double.

Then why did the stock market FALL over the 8 years of the Bush administration, and is up almost 50% since Obama took office?

January 1, 2001 Stock Market at 10,788
October 11, 2011 stock market 11,400

Yeah the stocks are up about 5% higher than where they were when bush took office in 2001. Adjust that for inflation.....ooops the stock market is actuall DOWN from when bush first took over and its 3 years into the obama admin ;)

Double.

January 1, 2001 Stock Market at 10,788
October 11, 2011 stock market 11,400

Yeah the stocks are up about 5% higher than where they were when bush took office in 2001. Adjust that for inflation.....ooops the stock market is actuall DOWN from when bush first took over and its 3 years into the obama admin ;)

The SP500 was at 805 on January 20th 2009. It's currently at 1192. How much of an increase is that?

The SP500 was at 1342 on Jan. 22, 2001, and at 805 Jan. 20th 2009. How much of a decline is that?

Which is it?

Again, you are citing personal tax rates yet double talking adding in corporations.
No comparison.
Your last sentence assumes that every cent invested makes a profit. Again, respectfully, laughable.

No, I was citing a hypothetical profit.

I'm waiting for you to tell me how there can be uncertainty about taxes with a Republican Congress firmly entrenched behind not raising any taxes for any reason.

That was your claim, uncertainty about taxes. Now prove it.

Same here man, same here!

Such a stark contrast between the two, one is an academic and the other is a business man.

One says america is great for what it always has been the other says we need fundamental change.

One says its the govt's job to ensure your happiness the other says that we are responsible for our own happiness.

One provides speeches and platitudes the other makes statements and presents measurable plans.

Its almost like Cain is a bill cosby while Obama is an al sharpton

Yeah, in a nation that routinely laments the fact that the jobs available out there are mostly low pay fast food type jobs, we need to elect a guy who made his fortune in the fast food business.

lol

So people pressured Cain to recant his statements...this is his response!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJFyTwUyuHU]Herman Cain "People Like Cornel West Don't Want Black People To Think For Themselves!" - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, in a nation that routinely laments the fact that the jobs available out there are mostly low pay fast food type jobs, we need to elect a guy who made his fortune in the fast food business.

lol

Bam, that's your problem. You're sitting and waiting for people to offer you a better paying job. In a free country, you can make whatever you want happen, but you have to make it happen. Start a business, get computer skills, get degrees, get advanced degrees, etc. But as long as all you're willing to do is sit and read the want ads, there is nothing that government can do to solve your laziness for you.

Forum List

Back