Cain: 'If You Don't Have A Job And You're Not Rich, Blame Yourself'

Investors are now worried about making $$ so they have quit investing.

This is, at best, a romantic claim. There is little concern in the market about making money, unless you are very small time. The biggest drivers know they are going to make money. The concern is making AN EVEN BIGGER AND BIGGER AND BIGGER return on investment. Our country's concept of what constitutes an reasonable and acceptable return on investment, and a reasonable degree of income over a given amount of time, has mushroomed out of control. As an example, my employer averages about $2.5 million in profit a month. That's after payroll and other operating expenses, and that's what we've been averaging even while doing tens of millions of dollars in upgrades and such. Quite a nice income, eh? But this kind of income is seen as insufficient. Many people's hours are being cut, drastically. We're in the process of excising 10 management positions. Legal requirements are being thrown out the window as a means of pinching pennies. All because, allegedly, the economy is bad and the business is not making enough money. Truth is we're making plenty of money.

Maybe you guys should listen to cain's own words?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9NBbvZpxm4]Herman Cain Speaks Truth to Power - YouTube[/ame]

If you really want a job,you will find one. I truly do believe that. You have to really want to work though. I think many just don't want to work but then pretend they're so frustrated they haven't found employment. It's a scam for sure. Having real faith in God helps too. If you seek,you shall find. That really is true most often.

If you really want a job,you will find one. I truly do believe that. You have to really want to work though. I think many just don't want to work but then pretend they're so frustrated they haven't found employment. It's a scam for sure. Having real faith in God helps too. If you seek,you shall find. That really is true most often.

For a person who has their health, that is absolutely true.

For a person who has their health, that is absolutely true.

Yea that's a good point. But in general I do feel if you really want to work,you will work. I know this from experience. Jobs are out there but you have to put in the effort. And like i said,having faith in God helps too. If you make the effort,God will match that effort. You have to get out there and want it.

Holy shit. If the jobs are out there and the reason people don't have jobs is self-inflicted, WHY ARE YOU NUTTERS ASKING THE PRESIDENT TO HELP CREATE JOBS???

Your inconsistency is monumental.

Holy shit. If the jobs are out there and the reason people don't have jobs is self-inflicted, WHY ARE YOU NUTTERS ASKING THE PRESIDENT TO HELP CREATE JOBS???

Your inconsistency is monumental.

I can only speak for myself and i haven't asked the President for anything. I have asked God though. I understand people are struggling but i still believe if you really want to work,you will work. I know this from real experience. You have to want to make the effort. There is work but you have to truly want it.

Bullshit. There are more people wanting jobs than there are jobs. It is simple math.

There is no god.

You know that you are using that "god bless" thing as a means of annoying another person. I wonder if that is cool with your big guy in the sky.

You know that you are using that "god bless" thing as a means of annoying another person. I wonder if that is cool with your big guy in the sky.

Sorry if i offended. I really didn't mean to. I just believe in the power of prayer and faith in God. If you're looking to politicians to save you,you're gonna be very disappointed. Look to God above instead. Have a good night.

I don't need saving. But many of my countrymen and women do. I prefer to look to you to do your part.

You can always find a way to be offended if that's your goal, can't you?

Did I say offended? What is wrong with you people?

You nutters....especially the religious ones....own the realm of being offended.

When will Americans wake the hell up, open their eyes and accept reality.
We live in capitalism. That is our system.
Capitalism requires capital. WELL DUH.
People provide capital.
Those people are investors. Investors want to make $$. If not, why would they invest their $$?
When investors quit investing because of worries about making $$ the economy tanks.
The single largest factor in my businesses that affects whether or not I will invest capital is uncertainity in the tax field. Obama has caused that uncertainty. He is not pro business.
Hey, I like the guy and admire his personal achievements in life. No offense to anyone. Not his fault that he entered office at a time when we needed leadership in economics and capitalism FIRST and foremost.
He ain't the guy for that.

That is nonsensical because no potential investor in their right mind is going to refrain from putting money into a business operation with an expectation of profit simply because the top rate on some of that profit might be 39% instead of 35%.

PLUS, with the no tax increase GOP Congress in power, there is no uncertainty about tax increases, unless you think they're lying...

...so, contrary to rightwing propaganda, taxes are not the reason businesses aren't expanding and hiring.

They are not expanding and hiring because they don't believe there is enough consumer demand for good and services that can justify expansion.

No offense to you but you have no clue on investing.
Investors pay capital gains tax. They are currently 15%.
Obama wants to make it 30%.
Double.
Your "right wing propaganda" argument is old and washed up.
Not all investors are "right wing".
So why will folks want to risk their capital if the taxes will double?
Economics 101: You get more of what you reward and less of what you punish.
Taxes are punishment on investing.
Single biggest reason foreign earnings ARE NOT brought home.

People provide capital.
Those people are investors. Investors want to make $$. If not, why would they invest their $$?
When investors quit investing because of worries about making $$ the economy tanks.
The single largest factor in my businesses that affects whether or not I will invest capital is uncertainity in the tax field. Obama has caused that uncertainty. He is not pro business.
Hey, I like the guy and admire his personal achievements in life. No offense to anyone. Not his fault that he entered office at a time when we needed leadership in economics and capitalism FIRST and foremost.

That is nonsensical because no potential investor in their right mind is going to refrain from putting money into a business operation with an expectation of profit simply because the top rate on some of that profit might be 39% instead of 35%.

PLUS, with the no tax increase GOP Congress in power, there is no uncertainty about tax increases, unless you think they're lying...

...so, contrary to rightwing propaganda, taxes are not the reason businesses aren't expanding and hiring.

They are not expanding and hiring because they don't believe there is enough consumer demand for good and services that can justify expansion.

Double.

He does?

People provide capital.

You have not invested capital because why? Because taxes have not been raised by Obama? I call bullshit.

You do not have a clue either.
I HAVE CAPITAL INVESTED before Obama took office. With the uncertainty in the capital gains tax rates because Obama wants to raise ALL TAXES, only a dumbass invests when there is tax uncertainty.
Go ahead and invest your entire wad Moe. Otherwise, I call bullshit.
Why invest a nickel when the tax rate is UNCERTAIN?
You do know that taxes are a large expense to investors and businesses?
You do know that decisions on investing are always made with EXPENSES in mind?
You do know that NET PROFIT, not gross profit is what matters?
Tell us what happens to net profits when taxes go up:
A. The profits go up drastically.
B. The profits go down drastically.
Which is it?

Double.

He does?

To 20%, not double but a 33% increase.
A 33 % increase in taxes on investing in a bad market.
And you like that and believe that is good for the economy?

Forum List

Back