Cain: 'If You Don't Have A Job And You're Not Rich, Blame Yourself'

jesus
the greatest commandment - (matthew 20:37-40)
“teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law?”

37 jesus replied: “‘love the lord your god with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 this is the first and greatest commandment. 39 and the second is like it: ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 all the law and the prophets hang on these two commandments.”

herman cain
"don't blame wall street," cain said. "don't blame the big banks. if you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself."

Last edited:
Dont like something about the truth?

There is no one keeping you from working except yourself. If you can't find a job, create one. Move where you have to move to get one. Take the jobs that are available. Stop being so arrogant and thinking there is any job that is beneath you. There isn't.

This nation needs to relearn how to work, to truly work. Not just at a job, but in life.

"Don’t blame Wall Street, don’t blame the big banks, if you don’t have a job and you’re not rich, blame yourself. …It is not a person's fault if they succeeded, it is a person's fault if they failed," Cain said.

Cain to protesters: 'If you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself' - The Hill's Video

If I were a teacher and they weren't hiring, I'd get a waitress job for evenings and volunteer as a teachers aide during the day. I would make myself lknown and get as many teachers and administrators to be references or me as possible.

If I were able, I would take classes to qualify me for special ed where the biggest turnover is but not where I plan to stay. The means to the end is getting in the door. I would do anything to get hired.

You wouldn't catch me sitting at home waiting for a resume to be answered. If I have to, My resume would be sent by Federal Express requiring their signature. I want to be noticed.

If I were a teacher and they weren't hiring, I'd get a waitress job for evenings and volunteer as a teachers aide during the day. I would make myself lknown and get as many teachers and administrators to be references or me as possible.

If I were able, I would take classes to qualify me for special ed where the biggest turnover is but not where I plan to stay. The means to the end is getting in the door. I would do anything to get hired.

You wouldn't catch me sitting at home waiting for a resume to be answered. If I have to, My resume would be sent by Federal Express requiring their signature. I want to be noticed.

Damn....that sounds really, really simple.

How Canada stole the American Dream
June 25, 2008

The numbers are in. Compared to the U.S., we work less, live longer, enjoy better health and have more sex. And get this: now we're wealthier too ..... As the hard numbers in this report show, Americans have shorter lives, poorer health, less sex, more divorces, and more violent crime. Which may mean that perhaps America isn't the greatest nation on earth. After all, you can't judge a nation by the best it produces, you have to judge it by the success of the average Joe ...

http://www.macleans.ca/canada/national/article.jsp?content=20080625_50113_50113
How can the average Canadian maintain a higher standard than his/her US counterpart if they work less?

- in 2004, the average Canadian worker put in 35 hours of work per week, while our American counterparts put in 38. Only 30 per cent of Canadians work 45 hours a week or more, compared to 38 per cent of Americans.

- employed adults in Canada get about 17 vacation days a year, and we take 16 of those days, leaving just one on the table. In the U.S., they get 14 days of vacation, but they only take 11 ...

- the median Canadian family is a full 30 per cent wealthier than the median American family (US$122,600 vs US$93,100)

- theaverage American is much deeper in debt and much of that debt can be attributed to medical insurance costs.

Canadians have maintained a higher standard of living - live longer, healthier, work less, take more holidays, have a public health system, more social programs and still retain their S&P AAA rating.

What the comparison does show is that the Cain "work harder and longer" comment is largely a myth.

Last edited:
My, my........you are going to be such a challenge for me. I'd better avoid threads that you are in or I'll risk being absolutely destroyed by your superior intellect.

Dont be a pussy.

Post up, give us those facts.

Post up? Pal, when I post up, it is only to score an easy two over the little guys. Don't be a ball hog, bro.

Ah no back bone and youre a leftie. HMMM Has anyone notified the CDC about this epidemic?

Anyone think of starting a grocery shopping service for the rich or shut-ins? I absolutely hate going to the store and would pay handsomely for someone to do it for me and bring the bags up the stairs!

Charge $25-50 plus 15% of the cost of the groceries. Get at least 15 patrons a day. Nice change for a day! Average $35 + (100.00 in groceries =$15) = $50 per shopper. $750.00
Not bad, huh?

When both husband and wife work, that service would be a popular one!

Cain is somewhat right. You can't go your whole life blaming a Boogeyman for your own failures. At some point you just have to man-up and accept your role in your failures. It's nice and convenient to blame a Boogeyman for your failings but in the end it really is all about you. I think that's what Cain was saying. I like him. He's refreshing. I wish him the best of luck.

Anyone think of starting a grocery shopping service for the rich or shut-ins? I absolutely hate going to the store and would pay handsomely for someone to do it for me and bring the bags up the stairs!

Charge $25-50 plus 15% of the cost of the groceries. Get at least 15 patrons a day. Nice change for a day! Average $35 + (100.00 in groceries =$15) = $50 per shopper. $750.00
Not bad, huh?

In my area, Safeway and Albertsons are already on the job. Cost? mom and pop wouldnt make it.

How Canada stole the American Dream
June 25, 2008

The numbers are in. Compared to the U.S., we work less, live longer, enjoy better health and have more sex. And get this: now we're wealthier too ..... As the hard numbers in this report show, Americans have shorter lives, poorer health, less sex, more divorces, and more violent crime. Which may mean that perhaps America isn't the greatest nation on earth. After all, you can't judge a nation by the best it produces, you have to judge it by the success of the average Joe ...

Special Canada Day Report: How Canada stole the American Dream | Macleans.ca - Canada - Features
How can the average Canadian maintain a higher standard than his/her US counterpart if they work less?

- in 2004, the average Canadian worker put in 35 hours of work per week, while our American counterparts put in 38. Only 30 per cent of Canadians work 45 hours a week or more, compared to 38 per cent of Americans.

- employed adults in Canada get about 17 vacation days a year, and we take 16 of those days, leaving just one on the table. In the U.S., they get 14 days of vacation, but they only take 11 ...

- the median Canadian family is a full 30 per cent wealthier than the median American family (US$122,600 vs US$93,100)

- theaverage American is much deeper in debt and much of that debt can be attributed to medical insurance costs.

Canadians have maintained a higher standard of living - live longer, healthier, work less, take more holidays, have a public health system, more social programs and still retain their S&P AAA rating.

What the comparison does show is that the Cain "work harder and longer" comment is largely a myth.

1)"Effective January 1, 2011 the corporate income tax rate falls to 16.5% from 18% of 2010 corporate income tax rate. Yearly tax reductions will see the corporate income tax rate fall to 15% as of January 1, 2012. These corporate income tax reductions, says the Department of Finance Canada, will give Canadian corporations the lowest tax rate on new business investment in the Group of Seven (G7) by 2011 and the lowest statutory tax rate in the G7 by 2012."
Corporate Income Tax Rates | Canada Business Tax | Canadian Business & Corporate Tax Rates

2) They pay a combined provincial and federal sales tax of about 13%
Sales taxes in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3)They pay a approx 20% combined federal and provincial income tax on the first 40g.
What are the income tax rates in Canada?

So that's a low corporate tax rate, a consumption tax everyone pays, and everyone pays income tax.
Where have I heard that before?

Man what facking ever :rolleyes: people are even applying at McDonalds, stop with the BS.

Not bad, huh?

$10.

Lunds & Byerly's - Minneapolis Grocery Stores, Recipes, Online Shopping and Locations

And the rich have help to make the call for them.

Last edited:

Oh, I'm SURE that would work! After all, you'd be the only one making such an effort!!

:cuckoo:

This myth that any and every body can have a job is utter bullshat, I wish the hacks on the right would wake up out of their pretend world with their fake idealism.

You're facking boring daveman, an unfunny little twat that stays getting pounded in USMB and I do speak for everyone when I say you have shat for brains when it comes to humor.
All the pos reps I get with :lol:s say you're fulla shit, pussy.

Now I suggest you put me on ignore. I'm not going to change the way I post because you're a butthurt little sissy bedwetter, and every time you pout and whine that you don't like what I have to say, I'm going to point out what a pussy you are.

Sheesh. How did such a snivelling little pansy like you ever get in the Army?

You need pos reps on a message board from bunch of dumb facking wingnuts from Right-Wingustan to make you feel like you have a sense of humor? "butthurt sissy bed wetter" really original and funny shatbird, I'm pretty sure the entire forum pissed themselves laughing at that shat. :rolleyes: ou can't even facking think right, how can I be a "pussy" for thinking you're a humorless, boring cuntwipe, do you even have half a facking brain?
You're a pussy because you're a pussy, dumbass.

And it's funny how you keep insisting you speak for all of USMB. I don't recall the vote electing you spokespussy. :lol:

Now I suggest you put me on ignore. I'm not going to change the way I post because you're a butthurt little sissy bedwetter, and every time you pout and whine that you don't like what I have to say, I'm going to point out what a pussy you are.

You need pos reps on a message board from bunch of dumb facking wingnuts from Right-Wingustan to make you feel like you have a sense of humor? "butthurt sissy bed wetter" really original and funny shatbird, I'm pretty sure the entire forum pissed themselves laughing at that shat. :rolleyes: ou can't even facking think right, how can I be a "pussy" for thinking you're a humorless, boring cuntwipe, do you even have half a facking brain?

And it's funny how you keep insisting you speak for all of USMB. I don't recall the vote electing you spokespussy. :lol:

I'm not a pussy you boring retarded ass lack of humor muthafacker, did i not tell YOU man to man that you're not funny and you're a bore?

My Bad !! I laughed !! :lol:

I'm not a pussy you boring retarded ass lack of humor muthafacker, did i not tell YOU man to man that you're not funny and you're a bore?
Yes, you told me that while you were pouting and whining like a little bitch.

You expect me to change my behavior because your widdle feewings are hurt?

Man up, you sissy bedwetter. :lol:

I didn't work today and made no $$$. I blame myself.
I made 4K profit last week.
I lost my ass on a real estate deal a few years ago. I blame myself. No government rule, law, program, subsidy or anything else had anything to do with it. Of course most of the others that lost $$ cried like the sissy asses they are claiming it was CRA, Fannie or Freddie and other BS.
They blamed someone else.
Cain is right but I wonder if he is also one that blames government and accuses government of forcing people to borrow $$ they could not afford.
No cry babies. Both Republicans and Democrats have turned into milk weak toads.
The best way to not be poor is to strive to be wealthy. I did that 35 years ago and about 2 years ago I made it.

cain-rand-face.jpg

I find this cartoon offensive to Sicilians...

Ever hear of the Moores...

If progressives will be dramatic about race maybe I will...

That cartoon is racist.... Now treat me like baby and let me suck on your moms teat to collect myself over your fucking racism...

Forum List

Back